IGNORED

Bates 23: Waiting on the Next Wedding

Coconut Flan

this is from the ellie blog about the dress fitting. every girl but Ellie Bates went. Ellie wanted to stay behind to have uninrupted time with the nieces and nephews. (More like watch them I would say)  they got catering at the fitting and then after they were treated to a meal at the same restaurant that Joe had Kendra's party. (that wasn't filmed though). 

http://www.batesfamilyblog.com/2018/03/toris-dress-day-exclusive-photos-1.html

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ColeJo said:

United Baes of America is available to watch on Prime Video.

I meant United Bates of America, but I didn't have the heart to edit it.

5 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I appreciate that Alyssa took the time to call Michaela. It's always better to hear it direct from one person than be surprised. 

I agree. I am admittedly curious about how helpful/hurtful this will be in the long run though, considering how often these people procreate. Whitney and/or Tori could announce any day, and Josie and Carlin will probably be married in the next year or so. The next courtship could be around the corner and before you know it, Erin and/or Alyssa are announcing baby #4. Eventually Michael could be receiving "I'm pregnant" calls every few months (or weeks). I do think she's genuinely happy whenever she gets word of a new niece or nephew, but I imagine with so many seemingly fertile siblings it must take some sort of psychological toll eventually. 

(ETA: I am fortunate in that I have never struggled with infertility, so if i said anything uncouth feel free to hand slap me good.)

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

I agree. I am admittedly curious about how helpful/hurtful this will be in the long run though, considering how often these people procreate. Whitney and/or Tori could announce any day, and Josie and Carlin will probably be married in the next year or so. The next courtship could be around the corner and before you know it, Erin and/or Alyssa are announcing baby #4. Eventually Michael could be receiving "I'm pregnant" calls every few months (or weeks). I do think she's genuinely happy whenever she gets word of a new niece or nephew, but I imagine with so many seemingly fertile siblings it must take some sort of psychological toll eventually. 

(ETA: I am fortunate in that I have never struggled with infertility, so if i said anything uncouth feel free to hand slap me good.)

I can describe how I felt. I was very happy for anyone announcing but that didn't keep me from also feeling disappointed in my own inability to get pregnant. It was a mix of emotions like many things in life. 

4 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

this is a really weird picture of Katie. I know she was trying to be funny but she failed badly. 

Ehh, looks like a pretty standard silly picture to me. Plus it's Trace's insta, a lot of people will post their friends making all types of faces if they like how they look in a shot :pb_lol:

I've never noticed this before but Katie looks just like Erin, except with straight hair. (In the second photo anyway).

8 hours ago, ColeJo said:

United Baes of America is available to watch on Prime Video.

Thanks for the heads up, they are so young. I can’t believe they call Isaiah “chubby” for a nickname! Poor guy.

13 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

this is a really weird picture of Katie. I know she was trying to be funny but she failed badly. 

Holy moly, she looks like Kristen Bell!  

20 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I can say, with my own personal experience, it's a special kind of hell that I wouldn't wish on anyone regardless of their religious views. It's very very difficult to be a woman who desires children yet struggles to get pregnant.

My husband and I are HS sweethearts, and we were together 12 years before we got married. While I would have been happy to get married sooner than we did and start a family it was really important to my husband that we be totally ready. We did everything "right" (not that how others do it is wrong)....meaning we dated for a long time, finished college, bought a house, advanced through careers, and were financially stable. Meanwhile I watched all our friends get married and start families. We're from the south, so most of my friends were getting married right after college (22ish) and having kids within 1-3 years after that. I was almost 30 when we finally decided to start trying for kids and it took over a year, and then we had two losses.

I can honestly say I became the shittiest friend. I desired nothing more than to have kids and was constantly surrounded by friends announcing pregnancies and having babies. I was super depressed and aside from a couple of very close friends I basically went MIA. I didn't return calls, texts, and just overall didn't want to be around anyone. I had friends texting me asking what they'd done to offend me because I wasn't returning their calls. I can't imagine being Michaella because I'm willing to bet she doesn't have a choice but to be joyful and happy....I at least had the choice to ignore the world. :/ Thankfully we finally did get pregnant (I'm due in 3 weeks) and aside from the announcement (which we did late and announced pregnancy & gender at the same time) I've not done any social media updates about it because I'm that hyper sensitive when it comes to rubbing it in the faces of people who are struggling.

@LillyP Thank you for your insight. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I agree, even though you still had a hard time, at least you could choose to cope in your own way, as opposed to feeling obligated to be happy and sweet no matter what.

Sending good thoughts and positive vibes for a happy, healthy delivery soon!

seems that the Bates may have a new hangout. remedy coffee. I actually think Trace was just the chaparone for Josie and Kelton. as Josie shared being there in her Ig story. Josie really does like her coffee it seems. 

Hey guys, first time poster here! Not sure if its ok to post this or not but,,,I follow all the Bates and Duggars on instagram,although I don’t watch any of their shows. Since I have started reading Free Jinger I have followed a few more people connected to the family such as Ashley Salyer , Nathans ex. It was a month or two ago that I began to follow her and to be honest I had completely forgotten that I was following her because she never appears on my timeline! But this morning I woke up to a follower request from her?! Is this highly strange or does she follow back all her followers? Or has she been hacked? I know most people won’t care about this but I just thought it was very weird!

2 hours ago, ClareRose said:

Hey guys, first time poster here! Not sure if its ok to post this or not but,,,I follow all the Bates and Duggars on instagram,although I don’t watch any of their shows. Since I have started reading Free Jinger I have followed a few more people connected to the family such as Ashley Salyer , Nathans ex. It was a month or two ago that I began to follow her and to be honest I had completely forgotten that I was following her because she never appears on my timeline! But this morning I woke up to a follower request from her?! Is this highly strange or does she follow back all her followers? Or has she been hacked? I know most people won’t care about this but I just thought it was very weird!

She's never followed me back so you are special!!!

3 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

She's never followed me back so you are special!!!

Nor I

She must like what she sees from you?

6 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Nor I

She must like what she sees from you?

Well I have a locked account and most of my pictures involve nights out so she might get a bit of a shock hahaha

3 hours ago, ClareRose said:

Well I have a locked account and most of my pictures involve nights out so she might get a bit of a shock hahaha

Maybe she wants to bring you Jesus via DM.

On 3/26/2018 at 10:33 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

Now BUB is playing with timelines. Kaci's haircut was fairly recent. I remember seeing on IG inside of the last month. Then back to Bobby and Tori's shower or some kind of party back in December? 

I guess we should be thankful they're not entire pregnancies behind like the Duggars. 

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

Now BUB is playing with timelines. Kaci's haircut was fairly recent. I remember seeing on IG inside of the last month. Then back to Bobby and Tori's shower or some kind of party back in December? 

I guess we should be thankful they're not entire pregnancies behind like the Duggars. 

Whitney has actually posted about Kaci getting multiple haircuts from Josie. Her first haircut was back in November so I think the show timeline is fairly accurate (in this case).

You guys. Gil gave Tori a money tree for her wedding. Yes I know he's in the tree business BUT I"ll take "not a job-type person" "the Lord will provide" "money DOES grow on trees" "grifting for Jesus" and "my teenage son paid our grocery bill" for 200, Alex. 

(Wasn't it @singsingsing who had her fundie dad in SIMS gardening money trees to simulate grifting as well?)

@neurogirl That was me! Or rather, it was Wilbur Dunkel. He had the grifting game down. RIP Wilbur. (I really have to get back to the Dunkels - at least to wrap the story up!)

14 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Whitney has actually posted about Kaci getting multiple haircuts from Josie. Her first haircut was back in November so I think the show timeline is fairly accurate (in this case).

Thanks. didn't know they went back to when Josie was still at Clown. I just saw the post from Josie's new shop. Too lazy to dig up the post, but maybe Whitney meant that it was the first haircut she had to pay for (in not so many words, of course). 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived