IGNORED

"Men Only" Charity Event/Presidents Club

mango_fandango

All the organizers are "shocked" that such things go on.  No one saw anything.  Uh huh. 

I feel very naive for being shocked that a men-only event for powerful figures in business, politics, finance and entertainment even existed. Unbelievable. The fact that it existed and was a 'mainstay of London's social calendar' is bad enough - the sexual harassment is disgusting. David Walliams has gone down in my estimation for having attended. 

Back in 2014, it generated £694,000 but cost £673,000 to put on.

So these "senior figures in business and finance" raised 21 grand in total. Wooonderfulllll. To me it sounds like a cheap (for them) way to party while looking nice. Wonder if it would be tax free, since it is for charity.

6 hours ago, nomoxian said:

Wonder if it would be tax free, since it is for charity.

In the UK, if you are a taxpayer and give to charity you can Gift Aid your donation (as long as the amount of tax you have paid is not less than the total you are Gift Aiding). The tax goes to the charity on top of your donation, you don’t benefit financially.  At least that’s how it is for me on a round about average income. Might be different for the super rich, I wouldn’t know :pb_lol:

Archived