IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 1: Here We Go Again

Coconut Flan

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josie is a beauty. 

This is off topic, but during a recent episode while the three dating  girls  were spending time with their guys, Katy brings out a gallon of ice cream to Kelly. She says to her unsuspecting mother in reference to the cold treat, "they have their boyfriends and I have mine." :pb_lol:

Kelly did not seem amused, but I was cracking up. Would be great to see more of Katy's interests. Good that she is going to college as Josie is preparing to leave. She can develop healthy friendships in her age group that help smooth the transitions in her household.  

12 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Josie is a beauty. 

This is off topic, but during a recent episode while the three dating  girls  were spending time with their guys, Katy brings out a gallon of ice cream to Kelly. She says to her unsuspecting mother in reference to the cold treat, "they have their boyfriends and I have mine." :pb_lol:

Kelly did not seem amused, but I was cracking up. Would be great to see more of Katy's interests. Good that she is going to college as Josie is preparing to leave. She can develop healthy friendships in her age group that help smooth the transitions in her household.  

I can see Katie being like Micheal picking out one guy and telling her parents its him or no one. 

22 hours ago, artdecades said:

that ice cream picture is defrauding

Once,Mr Melon and I went to an outlet mall.We just walked around.But Mr Melon knew exactly what I was chuckling about.There were two women eating Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas..it was also "defrauding"...lol.

I think that Josie may end up married first. I know we all thought that was insane at first. But I think if Evan was going to propose fast he would have by now.  

6 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I think that Josie may end up married first. I know we all thought that was insane at first. But I think if Evan was going to propose fast he would have by now.  

Now that we know Evan is studying to be an electrician also, I have to agree. I can see Gil (and hopefully his family) telling them to wait until he's got a full time job (or at least is about to finish his studies) because he needs to be able to support their gaggle of future children. With Carlin also studying, they don't really have the means to support a household right now, especially if Carlin had a honeymoon baby. I could see them also having a long engagement, but not until Evan is close to finishing school.

Josie and Kelton on the other hand have both finished school and both have what appears to be steady income. 

22 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Now that we know Evan is studying to be an electrician also, I have to agree. I can see Gil (and hopefully his family) telling them to wait until he's got a full time job (or at least is about to finish his studies) because he needs to be able to support their gaggle of future children. With Carlin also studying, they don't really have the means to support a household right now, especially if Carlin had a honeymoon baby. I could see them also having a long engagement, but not until Evan is close to finishing school.

Josie and Kelton on the other hand have both finished school and both have what appears to be steady income. 

Yes I could see them following the Micheal and Brandon route or Tori Bobby route  with the super long relationship. because Brandon and Bobby were in school. Carlin's schooling won't effect anything but the Evan's will. 

I kinda wish I had Josies style tho. That girl always looks put together. It looks more effortless on her than like Erin. I just don't have the energy for it. But I'm currently at work in joggers and a t shirt lol

If Josie were from a normal family, I could see her as the ripped jeans, block heeled boots type of girl who looks simultaneously like she just rolled out of bed and is about to walk onto a cat walk.

she is effortlessly beautiful 

I feel Josie is more mature than Carlin and can see her getting married before her. 

49 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I feel Josie is more mature than Carlin and can see her getting married before her. 

I agree re: the maturity, but wonder if Carlin would pitch such a fit that Gil and Kelly would give in and let her marry Fundie Zoolander first. (Of course, pitching a fit about something like that would be another sign of immaturity, but truly, I could imagine her making things miserable for everyone otherwise...). I think even if Gil says that Kelton - as a certified plumber - is in a better position to support a wife than Evan, who has only begun (if that) to train as an electrician, Carlin would still not accept it.

59 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

I agree re: the maturity, but wonder if Carlin would pitch such a fit that Gil and Kelly would give in and let her marry Fundie Zoolander first. (Of course, pitching a fit about something like that would be another sign of immaturity, but truly, I could imagine her making things miserable for everyone otherwise...). I think even if Gil says that Kelton - as a certified plumber - is in a better position to support a wife than Evan, who has only begun (if that) to train as an electrician, Carlin would still not accept it.

In this case I am glad that Kelly and Gil are the type of parents who I think would just laugh at a fit like that and make her wait. I mean, if you pitch a fit you are without doubt not mature enough to get married.

4 minutes ago, elliha said:

In this case I am glad that Kelly and Gil are the type of parents who I think would just laugh at a fit like that and make her wait. I mean, if you pitch a fit you are without doubt not mature enough to get married.

I believe Kelly and Gil were both still in school when they got married so I doubt Evan being in school will stop Carlin from marrying before Josie.  if they were smart the way Micheal or Tori were they would wait but I honestly don't see that happening. 

12 hours ago, elliha said:

I wonder wether Evan and Carlin are desperate and crazy enough to run off with each other. It would be one hell of a scandal and a snark festival. Imagine them getting hitched without their parents consent!!

34 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I wonder wether Evan and Carlin are desperate and crazy enough to run off with each other. It would be one hell of a scandal and a snark festival. Imagine them getting hitched without their parents consent!!

I don't think they are but I would surely love to see how Gil and Kelly would handle it. If they want to sound like Evan and Carlin didn't break a rule they could just claim that the main thing was that they were involved in the process of courtship and that the rest is really decided by the couple and that they are sad they were not involved in their engagement and wedding like with the other kids but that they are adults and do what they do while secretly being displeased. In a way I hope that they do elope as that would open a couple more paths for the younger ones. Yes, getting married is not ideal at 18 or 20 but at least it is another choice they are able to make. 

If any of these young girls has to get married, I feel like Josie comes across as more mature than Carlin does. I think the issue with these cookie-cutter fundie households is that everyone has to do everything in the same order, and at similar times, but I don't think in the outside world Carlin would be anywhere near marriage. She's chatty and bubbly and loves her social media, and there are so many things she could have done related to that if she was allowed, while just having her boyfriend with no pressure. Josie is a different personality and at least seems more prepared for the life of constant baby-making than Carlin does, though obviously I'd prefer neither girl to go through with it. I'm also worried that as soon as the babies come along, Josie will be forced to give up her job to make sure the kids have her home with them, and that'd be such a shame after she was the first of the girls in the Duggar or Bates families to get an actually useful qualification prior to marriage.

I hate to say it, but I think I'm probably a Carlin, though with a less ridiculous instagram.

I'll give it to Josie and Kelton.  Unlike most fundie couples who have vague plans on going in to "the ministry," these two have normal, not fundie screaming jobs and could make a decent living without grifting or living off BUB.  John & Alyssa and Chad & Erin appear to be hard workers with real jobs, but licensed plumber and a hair stylist seem like a legit way to not have kids stacked like cordwood in bunk rooms.  Only time will tell...

10 minutes ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

I'll give it to Josie and Kelton.  Unlike most fundie couples who have vague plans on going in to "the ministry," these two have normal, not fundie screaming jobs and could make a decent living without grifting or living off BUB.  John & Alyssa and Chad & Erin appear to be hard workers with real jobs, but licensed plumber and a hair stylist seem like a legit way to not have kids stacked like cordwood in bunk rooms.  Only time will tell...

"The last thing that dies is hope" my mother used to say. 

I'm still inclined to think Kelton comes off smarmy-douche suck-up ish, lol. I bet he'd have been a great frat daddy at a proper college :my_rolleyes:. But Josie seems very sweet and well-spoken and hard-working and smitten with the dude, so it is what it is haha. I agree they definitely seem more mature and prepared for adulthood (particularly adulthood with eleventy sprog...) than Carlin and Evan, and I would definitely prefer them married first in the grand scheme. I don't know if Carlin would necessarily "pitch a fit" if that happened, but she would definitely be as naggy and annoying as fuck as she possibly could, ugh. 

On 3/21/2018 at 8:06 AM, victoriasponge said:

If any of these young girls has to get married, I feel like Josie comes across as more mature than Carlin does. I think the issue with these cookie-cutter fundie households is that everyone has to do everything in the same order, and at similar times, but I don't think in the outside world Carlin would be anywhere near marriage.

In the would-you-rather game of Bates marriage, I agree that Josie and Kelton seem more equipped. Also, like many of you, I'm hoping Gil and Kelly advise Carlin and Evan to wait until they're both more financially stable.

@victoriasponge, while I think sibling "order" is prevalent in many fundie (and non-fundie) families, I'm not so sure that's the case for at least the high-profile Bates and Duggars. Michael married Brandon 1-2 years after Alyssa and Erin married their husbands, and JD Duggar might have had company in Joe and Josiah as co-"Bachelors 'Til the Rapture."

Aside: Jana does not apply to above, as she obviously is the real mom of Jed/Jer down. Would be rude to separate her from her children. :my_dodgy:

On 3/21/2018 at 5:40 AM, ophelia said:

As much as they may be enamored with the romance of elopement-- no way would they sacrifice their day on the stage (church altar).

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived