IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 1: Here We Go Again

Coconut Flan

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's 18 and she looks like she should be babysitting my kids.  I suppose they did this with Alyssa too.  And she seems more mature than Carlin, as he does also more mature than Evan. But, this is feeling really extreme to me. Its just Katie left at home soon. She's 17.  

I predict she will be married by end of the year.  If Carlin wasn't also itching to marry ASAP, I'd predict that Josie would be married before her 19th birthday in August, but I don't think Carlin will let Josie get married before her.

I think what we know of Kelton, makes him look very capable and mature. Going to brace myself for another u20 bride and hope that their marriage will play out as happy as the other couples seem to be. 

But damn, Kelly and Gil are getting rid of the not breadwinning children fast. The younger girls are old enough to help with the workload and the older boys all might very well be contributing with money as they have jobs but live at home. And of course the older girls are pretty and weddings sell. And with the girls courtships they can be sure to put them on air. Other families might no be so open when the boys are courting their daughters.

19 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I predict she will be married by end of the year.  If Carlin wasn't also itching to marry ASAP, I'd predict that Josie would be married before her 19th birthday in August, but I don't think Carlin will let Josie get married before her.

I don’t think Carlin would like that very much either. But they did say in a recent live video that between a Evan/Carlin and Josie/Bobby that it was a “race to the finish (marriage.)” And they both basically said they wanted to be married before the year was up.

I think Carlin and Evan will be married within six months from now. Josie and Kelton in nine months.

I hope this isn't an Alyssa situation, where they say that they had a very long getting-to-know-you phase, so they could go pretty much straight to engagement. In that case, they could me married by May or so. However, I do agree that Carlin won't want to let Josie go first, so hopefully that will mean Josie and Kelton wait at least until after she turns 19 in August.

Do people really think Carlin has that much pull in the family that she wouldn't "let" Josie get married first? Serious question. I mean Josie is already done with school and licensed in her profession, whereas I believe Carlin still has two years left? Josie may be younger but she seems to be in a better place than Carlin to get married. Although I could see Carlin pulling an Alyssa and dropping out the second she gets engaged.

My guess is that Carlin gets engaged in the next month or so, with a wedding in the late spring or early summer and that Josie gets engaged in 3 or 4 months and gets married in the late summer (probably after her 19th birthday) or in the fall. While Josie and Kelton do seem a lot more mature than Carlin and Evan and Gil and Kelly might even deem them more ready for marriage, I doubt they will get married first. Carlin has made it very clear that she really wants to get married (I believe she said that she was jealous when she posted about Tori's wedding) and would probably not be a very fun person to be around if she had to watch her younger sister who started courting after her walk down the aisle first.

I don't know why but ughh I don't like Kelton... Anyway, watch Josie get married before Carlin, and Carlin's gonna be jealous af.

17 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Do people really think Carlin has that much pull in the family that she wouldn't "let" Josie get married first? Serious question. I mean Josie is already done with school and licensed in her profession, whereas I believe Carlin still has two years left? Josie may be younger but she seems to be in a better place than Carlin to get married. Although I could see Carlin pulling an Alyssa and dropping out the second she gets engaged.

I have a feeling that Carlin can make things really, really difficult in that house if she doesn't get her way. Nothing necessarily malicious, but lots of dramatic wailing and general hysterics. Also, Josie comes off as a bit more laid back (or maybe that's just because she can't get a word in edgewise over Carlin!) so I can see her putting a wedding off an additional two or three months, knowing how much Carlin wants to get married first. 

I also think Carlin has never cared much about school outside of it as a socializing opportunity. She would quit in a heartbeat if it meant getting married faster. 

And I wouldn't be surprised at all if Carlin and Evan are already engaged. Damn, those Bates girls are dropping like flies. Who thinks Katie will have a "special friend" this time next year?

If the Bates parents really love those girls, they will slow Carlin and Evan down. She is no where near mature enough for marriage, and he is icky. Though she is younger, Josie and Kelton seem so much older. They both have trades and can earn a good living. Carlin is a squealing teenager.

I think Josie will be a very different bride than Carlin. I'm thinking of the episode where Josie went shopping for her birthday and refused to pick anything out because she won't do that. If someone wants to buy her something, that's fine but she doesn't want a whole thing made of her.  I think it was legit, she seemed uncomfortable with the attention whereas Carlin had to make all the attention at Josie's party about Evan's entrance and her.  

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I don’t think Carlin will have a choice in the matter to be honest. It’s on the guys to decide when to propose and their parents to decide to give them the ok.

(Excuse me while I try not to strain my eyes rolling them at what I just wrote. :pb_rollseyes:)

55 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I have a feeling that Carlin can make things really, really difficult in that house if she doesn't get her way. Nothing necessarily malicious, but lots of dramatic wailing and general hysterics. Also, Josie comes off as a bit more laid back (or maybe that's just because she can't get a word in edgewise over Carlin!) so I can see her putting a wedding off an additional two or three months, knowing how much Carlin wants to get married first. 

I also think Carlin has never cared much about school outside of it as a socializing opportunity. She would quit in a heartbeat if it meant getting married faster. 

And I wouldn't be surprised at all if Carlin and Evan are already engaged. Damn, those Bates girls are dropping like flies. Who thinks Katie will have a "special friend" this time next year?

So, what you’re saying is Carlin sucks at keeping sweet? :pb_lol:

That’s not really a bad thing when it concerns a young woman raised in a Fundamentalist patriarchal society, but I would hope Carlin could hold it together long enough to (potentially) not ruin a big moment in her sister’s life. That may be asking a bit much though since they’re obviously meant to be and there’s never been a greater love story ever y’all.

I'd lol if Josie got married before Carlin.

The only thing that interests me on Kelton is what his views would be on having a bunch of children considering his own mother died in childbirth. 

3 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I don't know why but ughh I don't like Kelton... Anyway, watch Josie get married before Carlin, and Carlin's gonna be jealous af.

Me neither.. And I know why I don't, and it is because I'm superficial as f***... He has a Joker smile, and seems like the arch typical fundie young republican with rocks for brains, all based on how he stands in pictures. I will see myself out now. #PicturesVSReality 

15 minutes ago, Thorns said:

Me neither.. And I know why I don't, and it is because I'm superficial as f***... He has a Joker smile, and seems like the arch typical fundie young republican with rocks for brains, all based on how he stands in pictures. I will see myself out now. #PicturesVSReality 

I'm just not sure. None of us know how the death of his mother has affected his views on things, or his emotional maturity.
I recognize it is not our right to know that, and I doubt we every truly will. But I'm sure, in some capacity one way or another, this has had an effect on him, particularly since he is one of the older siblings, so he will likely remember most of what happened.

He seems fairly sweet, obviously intelligent enough to finish a finance degree, that may not be saying much graduating from PCC, but I am extremely math-averse, so it seems like an achievement to me! , he seems to dote on Josie, but I'm not sure.
He is BFFs with Bobby, he was his college roommate, best man at his wedding, and no doubt they will be lifelong buddies if they both marry Bates women.

I don't know.....he is hardworking, has a good business going for himself. As the show/time goes on, I wonder the motivations for these people coming into the picture.

We'll have to wait and see. Ever since Derick Dillard and how badly so many of us (including me!!!) misjudged him, I'll wait :my_rolleyes:

Carlin doesn’t necessarily get to tell Josie “you can’t get married first.” But she and Evan have been courting longer and she can certainly tell Evan to pick up the pace. I wouldn’t be surprised if Josie and Kelton courting lights a fire under her to get married first. The girl put her legs through a wall trying to beat Tori in a literal race - we have evidence that she’s competitive. :my_biggrin:

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'd lol if Josie got married before Carlin.

The only thing that interests me on Kelton is what his views would be on having a bunch of children considering his own mother died in childbirth. 

I’m not convinced that his mother dying after having a baby will change anything. These people see it as their duty to create soldiers for Jesus. Kelly Bates continued to have children admitting that they knew it wasn’t best for their health. I know an Uber conservative Christian whom gets pregnant despite having dangerous complications, she often posts pro life things on Facebook stating that if something were to happen to her during childbirth while carrying a pregnancy that it would be God’s will.

Kelton seems to subscribe to the same religious beliefs as the Bates family and could very well be ready to accept God’s plan for his wife and family. I suppose time will tell.

14 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I’m not convinced that his mother dying after having a baby will change anything.

I think I've said this in the past, but (despite the circumstances and us not knowing what caused his mother to die during childbirth), hopefully no matter what decision they make it will mean that Josie gets the best medical care she can.

That's the one good thing about the Bates. They seem to actually use medical facilities. Hopefully her families influence and Kelton's (possible) caution means she has reasonably safe and healthy births, no matter how many children they have.

Josie was at his graduation last May. So they have been special friends for a while. I saw where he bragged about voting for Trump. I bet they will honeymoon in a place where our dear president thinks is a shit hole.

9 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Josie was at his graduation last May. So they have been special friends for a while. I saw where he bragged about voting for Trump. I bet they will honeymoon in a place where our dear president thinks is a shit hole.

Not necessarily. Cherin went to Ireland, ZachNey to Hawaii, the Websters picked Lake Tahoe (I think), the Keilens went to Montana (I believe), and BoRi honeymooned in California. I think it’s likely that both CarVan and JoLton may pick a honeymoon location within the US.

Ok that was a surprise. I could see both scenarios carlin start to push Evan to propose because no way her baby sister run down the aisle before her, bjt i could even see Josie go first because the last one between them will have a little more attention from eberybody since after them for awhile a bere woudn't be anything else   

IMO,  Josie and Kelton seem a lot more mature than Carlin and Zoolander.  Maybe they will walk down the aisle first and as someone upthread wrote, they both have professions where they can support themselves.  May they continue to work and never turn to grifting.

What's Balki do again? Cleaning service ? I can't keep track of who does what.

(And I will forever refer to him as Balki. Perfect Strangers. That's all I can hear when I see his name6

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived