IGNORED

Maxwell 17: Life After John Left

Coconut Flan

On 1/16/2018 at 12:35 PM, anjulibai said:

Ouch, Sarah. What a telling comment about how important John has been to the family. Definitely a major difference from all the tears and wails when previous sons married and moved away. 

image.png.2949b75f9de088e9a25f081524715a1e.png

Damn

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AND another thing.

I’ve heard stories about young children who ask how the baby got in mommy’s tummy, and reasonably go on to believe that mommy swallowed something that resulted in a baby.

Depending on the kid, it takes a long time to develop the understanding of nuances and idioms.  That’s why correct words are so important, so early on. I remember Big Mama Junebug explaining to me when I was pretty young that “when a man and a woman lie  together, they make babies.“ I thought of all the times that I’d had nightmares and my dad had come in and stretched out next to me just to quiet me down, and was terrified that I was going to have a baby. 

BMJB really was the best mom, but everybody makes mistakes. When I was 8, I asked her if dogs had some kind of ceremony they went they before they had puppies. I seriously thought there might be a dog pastor!

BMJB must’ve panicked because she machine-gunned, “you know how you’re made? You know how your brothers are made? They fit together. Goodnight.” And flew out the room. 

Fot the  next 2 years, not knowing about vagina, I figured that humans were STUPIDLY IGNORING GOD who OBVIOUSLY didn’t want us to keep procreating if THAT was the way it was done. 

Yesrs later, I told BMJB about my confusion and she breezed, “Oh, you knew better!!”

Moms. When we make mistakes, they are Doozies. Sadly, I’m sure Ofchris thinks she’s doing it right and so does every adult in her constricted, angry circle.  

On 1/16/2018 at 12:35 PM, anjulibai said:

Ouch, Sarah. What a telling comment about how important John has been to the family. Definitely a major difference from all the tears and wails when previous sons married and moved away. 

image.png.2949b75f9de088e9a25f081524715a1e.png

Well damn. That comment threw John under the bus

We used books to help us with sex ed for the little ones. I think with my oldest we tried on our own and realized we were failing. We used It's Not the Stork! and It's So Amazing!. My 8 year old still looks through the It's So Amazing! book on a fairly regular basis. We read the books through with them the first few times but left them on the book shelf so they could just grab at look at whenever. They sometimes ask questions. I loved the American girl book The Care and Keeping of You (now split into 2 books) for the girls. I didn't really find a good book for DS until he was a little older, but eventually settled on one. I can't remember the title though, and he took it off of the shelf since he didn't want anyone (his friends) to see it. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

I didn't even know what an abortion was until college. Conservative and fundie circles teach abortion before sex. Talking about sex is bad but abortion is ok

16 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

Well damn. That comment threw John under the bus

That was pretty cold remark by Sarah. John is clearly not the favorite child or sibling. No days of weeping and wailing for him. 

OfChristopher is one messed up woman. Who thinks this would be ok to tell a child? Children are supposed to be innocent and free not filled with the notion they have to pray for some depraved mommy. Ugh. 

The Maxwells make me so angry for many reasons.

The way Teri and Steve have abused their children is number one reason.

Number two is their utterly hateful stance on abortion.

19 minutes ago, JennJenn said:

OfChristopher is one messed up woman. Who thinks this would be ok to tell a child? Children are supposed to be innocent and free not filled with the notion they have to pray for some depraved mommy. Ugh. 

Exactly. Their kids won’t know kid songs, cartoons, how to play sports, or how to get along with people outside the family but they will know all about how abortion is wrong 

Why do small children need to know about abortion?  These "prolife" forced birth hypocrites make me livid.  As for those "I Survived Roe vs. Wade, But Roe vs. Wade Won't Survive Me" shirts.  :kitty-cussing::pb_evil:

*deep breath*

I am generally pro-life (ducks to dodge flying fruit). I think I talked to my kids about abortion when they were late elementary/middle school age - when they asked about it.  I told them the basic facts - what the procedure was and why women might choose that option- because women DO have the right to make that choice. I never used the words "killing babies," and I was very careful to let my kids develop their own belief system on that issue, just like I tried to do with other major life issues. 

Frankly, Anna and Christopher are cruel for burdening their small children with this information, especially since they did not give them FULL information and they worded it in such a cruel way. I can't imagine the thoughts and images that go through the minds of those poor kids. 

So it says on the Maxwell bio page that NR Anna is expected to give birth in Feb. and Elissa is expecting to deliver end of Feb./March. 

Does NR Anna usually deliver pretty close to when she is due? What about Elissa (though she only has one birth to go off of).

Just wondering if there is a chance of a double birthday. 

2 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

So it says on the Maxwell bio page that NR Anna is expected to give birth in Feb. and Elissa is expecting to deliver end of Feb./March. 

Does NR Anna usually deliver pretty close to when she is due? What about Elissa (though she only has one birth to go off of).

Just wondering if there is a chance of a double birthday. 

That will be a second double birthday if that happens. 

8 hours ago, Jana814 said:

They rarely take their children to a lot of places besides church and maybe the grocery store yet they feel this was a wonderful family outing to take your kids to. 

They have taken them to abortion protests. That, no doubt, is why the topic needs 'explaining' to children. 

I find it pretty disturbing that preschoolers are given any kind of knowledge of the things of grown ups. Not like any knowledge was shared with the little ones - just fundie propaganda. 

Then again, I come from a family where preschoolers run naked in the yard through the sprinkler in summer and learn to ice skate & sled in winter. They're a little too busy being preschoolers and enjoying their childhood and growing to bother with such serious matters. 

My exposure to the abortion issue was so non-traumatic that I don't even remember learning about it.  By the time I was at a place where I might have considered having one, it was legal (and I knew it).  I think I've said this before, and I realize I'm preaching to the choir, but if these people are so horrified by abortion then why don't they fight for education and birth control?  By enabling unwanted pregnancies, aren't they also contributing to more abortions?

9 hours ago, kpmom said:

Guest post from NR Anna up about abortion and how to explain it to young children. :huh:

Why would you need to explain abortion to young children at all?  Well, I guess you do since you use them at anti abortion rallies, and by your own admission they don't have a clue what they are actually protesting.

And Sarah says we are "approaching" Roe v Wade.  Does she mean the anniversary? 

The only situation I can think of where such a young child would need to know about abortion would be if...

1. Mom was pregnant.

2. Mom told her 5-year-old she was pregnant.

3. Something went wrong with the pregnancy and Mom had to terminate it for medical reasons.

4. Little Emma or little Aidan keep asking Mom why there's no baby anymore.

Even then, I don't think the kid really needs to know all the ins and outs of abortion. Something simple will suffice, such as "The baby wasn't growing the way it was supposed to. Both the baby and Mommy were getting sick because of it. The doctor had to take the baby out of Mommy's body, or else Mommy would get REALLY sick. We wish the baby had been big enough to live outside of Mommy's body, but it was too small and too sick."

This is what these sick fucks do to their children when they take them to abortion protests. They tell their kids women are killing their babies and it scars these children. This is The Activist Mommy's daughter. I'm sure TAM loves this picture of her daughter distraught over abortion. 

IMG_3613.PNG

On 1/16/2018 at 5:35 AM, MamaJunebug said:

I mention it because of the down vests that the girls (UGH) are wearing in most of the interior shots. 

You can take my down vest over my cold, dead body. You'll need it to stay warm. :pb_biggrin:

15 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Read the latest Dad's Corner. Someone is having a snit! Of course, it's his way or the highway. No middle ground.

Goodness, Stevehovah is sounding particularly churlish in this one. I wonder what got his knickers into a twist?

On 1/15/2018 at 1:33 PM, Marian the Librarian said:

Cathy Jo Demcak - the Maxwells and the Demcaks go back several years. I believe the Demcaks were instrumental in facilitating a Maxwell conference in Idaho a few years ago. Their son John (known fondly to many on Fj as John-Marie) is married, and he and his wife have a new baby girl.

Here's the link to an Idaho visit write-up on the Maxborg blog from 2013:

https://blog.titus2.com/2013/07/21/around-the-farm/

Didn't we think Sarah might end up with John Marie but he ended up with a hairstylist or something?

4 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Goodness, Stevehovah is sounding particularly churlish in this one. I wonder what got his knickers into a twist?

John, is my guess. John is living life his way, and Steve isn't happy about it. It's the only thing that makes any real sense, especially given that response Sarah gave to being asked how everyone is doing. 

Sarah's comment about Jesse getting the room to himself makes me think of the ending theme of the Incredible Hulk.

7 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I learned about abortion from watching Dirty Dancing. Since my parents didn't raise me in a cult and I knew where babies come from, it was not at all a shocking revelation for me. 

My daughter was 9 when “Dirty Dancing” came out, and maybe 10 when it was released on video. I didn’t want her to watch it because I thought the part about the abortion would be too upsetting to her. Somehow she managed to watch it anyway, and the abortion situation sailed right over her head.

Around the same time, my mom was watching a movie in which a woman had a cerebral aneurysm that would be life-threatening if she carried her pregnancy to term. (Her evil MIL sent her to a crooked doctor to cover it up, because she wanted her DIL to die so she could keep the baby.) The term “abortion” came up, so I explained to my daughter what it was. My mother started going on about how horrible abortion was, but then my daughter cut her short: “But what would you think if it was ME who might die from being pregnant?” Mom had no response.

What these idiots don’t understand is that making abortion illegal won’t eliminate it. People will just go to backstreet abortionists... which can be fatal. I’ve seen (I think) two episodes of Call the Midwife (tv series set in the early sixties, you can probably guess what it’s about) where a pregnant woman got an abortion from a backstreet abortionist, both of them nearly died. 

Abortion has existed since ancient times. It’s never going to go away. Indoctrinating toddlers is cruel and wrong.

Maybe Sarah is jealous of John getting married. Surely by now, she has to realize something is wrong. She's been told all her life that her greatest purpose is to get married and have babies, all her baby brothers are getting married. But not her, or any of her sisters. Maybe she doesn't want to get married....but I doubt it, when she's been taught all her life that a woman needs a husband. I feel a bit sorry for her, 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived