IGNORED

Maxwell 17: Life After John Left

Coconut Flan

41 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

Well I found Samuel Maxwell IV of Leavenworth.  He is the grandson of this man.  Does anyone know how they are related to Steve?  I'm assuming they are related because the house is on the same street as the slew of houses that Steve bought in the Maxwell Family Trust.  http://www.leavenworthtimes.com/article/20120818/NEWS/308189999 

Steve’s stepfather was James Maxwell, wasn’t he?  This guy would be a distant step relative if he is related at all. Sam the III is not a brother of James Maxwell. Were these Maxwells originally from Leavenworth? I have never been clear on it. I know Teri is not.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Steve’s stepfather was James Maxwell, wasn’t he?  This guy would be a distant step relative if he is related at all. Sam the III is not a brother of James Maxwell. Were these Maxwells originally from Leavenworth? I have never been clear on it. I know Teri is not.

I have no clue who this man is, but he lives on the street with all Steve's houses and plots of land.  I found Sam and his wife on facebook and had to laugh.  They drink, cuss, and really look like they can raise a ruckus.  Sarah is afraid of her own shadow.  I could just picture her taking a walk and running by their house.  lol 

2 hours ago, theologygeek said:

I have no clue who this man is, but he lives on the street with all Steve's houses and plots of land.  I found Sam and his wife on facebook and had to laugh.  They drink, cuss, and really look like they can raise a ruckus.  Sarah is afraid of her own shadow.  I could just picture her taking a walk and running by their house.  lol 

It would be the best thing in the world for her to hang out with her beer-drinkin' cousins.

3 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Yes James is Steve's stepdad.  All right I'm in a really fucking bad mood right now cuz my Vikings were destroyed today.  Tomorrow is Roe v Wade day and if Poor Sarah has another post about abortion I'm gonna lose it.  Good night.

8 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I’m a little to young for Dragnet so I will go with Law & Order. 

Similar, but Dragnet has more awkward and stilted dialog.

21 hours ago, Markie said:

Which one, if any, Maxwell daughters will marry first? I know Steve has some crazy qualifiers, but if the guy got the okay... I think it might be Anna. Not sure why, except she certainly loves her nieces and nephews and appears to want her own. I do not see any Maxwell woman marrying in the near future. 

My dream would be for Mary and Anna to marry two of the middle Arndt brothers and make balloon animals and paint faces at baseball games. The girls' stellar acting performances would add to the wonderful Vine Valley series. 

Is there a role for an adult fetus?

10 hours ago, sparkles said:

Here’s an example of Steve judgmentally snotting off on why sports are bad. 

http://articles.titus2.com/sports-part-1/

He also likes to harp on how their fitness challenges are not about competition, which, apparently is of the devil. He goes on about it in every post about the challenge. Yeah, you keep trying to justify it, Steve-o, but if it walks like a duck...

https://blog.titus2.com/2011/01/26/fitness/

Interestingly, the Bontragers often mention how competitive they are. Chelsy must really love John to be prepared to live in Maxhell. She thinks she’s promised to submit to and obey John, but I think she’ll find that Steve’s massive reinforced umbrella of protection still covers John and thus her.

9 hours ago, theologygeek said:

I think it is just a coincidence. Steve's stepdad is not listed among the siblings of Sam's granddad, which is the obvious link, and they don't seem to be Steve-like, therefore even if they are relatives, they are disowned. The only cousins they have ever mentioned are out of town (and I assume those are Teri's sister Toni's  kids from Alabama).

I am also certain Steve's from Iowa and Teri Missouri.

Oh, yeah, I knew there was something. This was a big deal on here several years ago when Steve's mother died. The Maxwells are not from Kansas so this family has nothing to do with them. 

13 hours ago, sparkles said:

Well, of course it is, since their journey IS her own. She takes "write what you know" to extremes. I would imagine that nothing happens to the Moodys that hasn't already happened to the Maxwells.

I thought i implied that, but thanks for making it clear.

On the topic of lists of criteria for suitors, I have the perfect book recommendation for Sarah!  It's The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion.  Quite an enjoyable read, and the main character likes to organise his life with lists and schedules and projects!

From the synopsis on WIkipedia:

Don Tillman is an Australian genetics professor who has spent his days organizing his life with the expectation that it will reduce inefficiency, improve himself as a person, and make him an all around happier person. He does not fit in well with others, which has kept Don from dating and having a satisfying romantic life - something that confounds him, as he believes that his IQ, physical health, finances, and social status should otherwise make him an appealing mate. After spending time with his best friend and womanizing colleague Gene and his wife Claudia, Don comes up with the idea of the Wife Project, a questionnaire that would help find the perfect mate. This turns out to be something more easily done in theory, as his questionnaire fails to produce a satisfactory woman and alienates many potential candidates.

trivia: J-Law dropped out as the female lead of the movie adaptation. 

Also Bill Gates recommends it.

45 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I think it is just a coincidence. Steve's stepdad is not listed among the siblings of Sam's granddad, which is the obvious link, and they don't seem to be Steve-like, therefore even if they are relatives, they are disowned. The only cousins they have ever mentioned are out of town (and I assume those are Teri's sister Toni's  kids from Alabama).

I am also certain Steve's from Iowa and Teri Missouri.

Oh, yeah, I knew there was something. This was a big deal on here several years ago when Steve's mother died. The Maxwells are not from Kansas so this family has nothing to do with them.

Steve's mother married James Maxwell in Missouri.  The sister of Samuel Maxwell the third (the obituary I posted) also lives in Missouri.  Could be coincidence, I don't know.  But none of their relatives are like Steve.  You can find lots of them, grandchildren of his siblings included, on facebook.  They have a lot of relatives.  It's a shame because children should know their cousins.  Some of the best memories of childhood are things kids did with their cousins. 

12 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Does anyone know who Samuel Maxwell IV is?  He bought one of the plots of land on the street that Steve bought up, and is building a house. 

Maybe Steve found a perfect suitor for one of the girls, one who is so submissive to Steve that moved to Steves neighborhood, and is also named Maxwell. 

New blog post is up.  It's a long video of Teri talking about homeschooling and keeping the home.  That voice...It sounds like she's talking to a two year old.  It's funny how she markets herself as the stay at home mother, homeschooler, and homemaker.   She has worked the same job as her head of household breadwinner husband for many years.  Are their customers that stupid?  Are her kids that stupid?  Why does no one who follows them realize that Teri makes real money for a living, has a real life job, and that job is the same job that her husband does for a living???  The even funnier thing is that Teri's materials have probably brought in more money than Steve's materials have.  I have been reading their stuff for longer than Mary was alive, and that Christian homeschooling sect were all over Teri's stuff, not Steve's.  It's no wonder she is a mess.  She was expected to raise kids, keep house, homeschool the kids, and make money for the family.  It's also no wonder why Steve tries to reinforce that he is the boss of the house.  Stevie, do you have issues because the little woman brought in more money than you did? 

Ok, guys, I’m having difficulty concentrating on Teri’s message as am fascinated by her magic disappearing Apple Watch. 

Plus, watching and listening to her kind of makes me want to kill myself. 

ME TOO. I had to jump around because her delivery is brutal. But, she did have a brilliant suggestion for homeschooling that no one has EVER thought of. Wait for it........... "textbooks"! Who knew you could use textbooks?? She is really onto something there.

2 hours ago, theologygeek said:

It's also no wonder why Stevie, do you have issues because the little woman brought in more money than you did? 

Yes, he does. I think this could be why he went off the deep end and hasn’t let a single daughter marry.

3 hours ago, theologygeek said:

This is 18 years ago.  It just burns me up.  Teri is loading boxes with a bad back.  But she didn't have a job???  Come on now.  At least be honest and admit that she was a working mother who had a real job and made real money.  https://web.archive.org/web/20000815220838/http://titus2.com:80/m-photo5.htm 

Yes, and that pesky bad back was made all better by a couple of aspirin and GASP! that notorious gateway drug...PEPSI!

That 18 year old blog post... wow.  It’s actually something I could see someone here typing as a snark, and it was serious!

Did she ever dye her hair?  In the video the last few inches look darker like they were dyed?

4 hours ago, freejugar said:

Oh boy, a 40 min homeschooling video? nooo

when is a homemschooling mom supposed to find time for this?

Does she ever discuss multitasking?  That video sounds like it’s one thing after another and very ordered. 

I also know nothing because I have a job outside the home and have to maintain the house, do homework with the kids, etc.  So I am the opposite of what is ok to her.

9 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

On the topic of lists of criteria for suitors, I have the perfect book recommendation for Sarah!  It's The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion.  Quite an enjoyable read, and the main character likes to organise his life with lists and schedules and projects!

From the synopsis on WIkipedia:

trivia: J-Law dropped out as the female lead of the movie adaptation. 

Also Bill Gates recommends it.

Never will this book be allowed!!!  There is drinking, sex, etc. I've read it. It IS wonderful. It won't happen in Maxhell though

Only go through half the video before I had to stop.  That's 20 minutes o f my life I'll never get back.  Thanks Griselda.

I wonder what they have against classes that are done on the computer or online? Not knocking text books but there are a lot of resources out there beyond text books. 

1 minute ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I wonder what they have against classes that are done on the computer or online? Not knocking text books but there are a lot of resources out there beyond text books. 

Well she also says you need to be home all the time. They don’t seem to like talking to anyone in the real world or something. 

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Well, if you're not going to knock text books, I guess I'll have to. At best, textbooks are utterly innocuous so as not to offend anyone to the point where they trivialize everything; at worst they give a very distorted view of the subject they are supposed to cover. They're okay for some things, like HS math, but they are terrible for subjects like history. Kids need to learn from doing their own research into primary sources and using critical thinking to evaluate a variety of points of view.

@Black Aliss, it wasn’t until I’d graduated high school (1970) that I learned exactly how biased history textbooks could be. I didn’t learn about such import issues as the labor movement until I was an adult. It’s also well known that marketing dictates the content of US textbooks: States with large populations like Texas have a disproportionate say in what’s considered “appropriate” public school textbook content, so their politics get reflected in textbooks.

8 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Ok, guys, I’m having difficulty concentrating on Teri’s message as am fascinated by her magic disappearing Apple Watch. 

Plus, watching and listening to her kind of makes me want to kill myself. 

Good grief! I made it about 3 minutes. You had me at Apple watch. I'm absolutely stunned that Teri is wearing an Apple watch. Nothing wrong with it in general; I wear a smart watch. But I don't walk around preaching about modesty and living debt free. I know she could have bought it second hand, but still... 

And the way she talks is fucking brutal. I feel like a toddler at story time. I will try to suffer through more later. 

Oh, Maxwells, you all are nuts! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived