IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get that new babies and weddings are a blessing and all, but yeah, it's not an eventful Duggar year unless Joy announces "FUCK THIS SHIT" and becomes a roadie for a Finnish death metal band, Jill's missionarying to Muslims backfires and she ends up converting to Islam, Jed and Jer found a startup that's like Uber but for funerals, and Josie turns out to be a mole in the employ of Vladimir Putin, and orchestrated the entire 2016 election meddling. 

As the kids grow up and move onto their adult lives, I wonder how close they'll be in 5 or 10 years? How often will they talk to each other? I wonder how often some of them talk to each other now?

I imagine Jinger and Jessa communicate a fair bit despite the distance. Odds are Jill and Joy are close. Jill and Jessa probably see lots of each other at the TTH, but I don't see them having the type of friendship that Jessa does with Jinger. I also don't see Jinger being as close with Jill and Joy as she is with Jessa, but I think I remember something about her having a close relationship with Joe growing up. Joy and Kendra are friends, so Joy likely sees a lot of Joe.

I have no idea how Jana relates to her married sisters. I hope she has some adult companionship, especially with Laura(?) Not being around anymore.

7 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I hope all of you had a more exciting new years than the Duggars! I sure did. :dance:

I talked on the phone with my best friend for almost two hours.  She lives 1,000 miles away and we never get to see each other.  Not as good as hanging out, but I'll take what I can get.

I get that new babies and weddings are a blessing and all, but yeah, it's not an eventful Duggar year unless Joy announces "FUCK THIS SHIT" and becomes a roadie for a Finnish death metal band, Jill's missionarying to Muslims backfires and she ends up converting to Islam, Jed and Jer found a startup that's like Uber but for funerals, and Josie turns out to be a mole in the employ of Vladimir Putin, and orchestrated the entire 2016 election meddling. 

I really, really want all these things to happen!!

Since I'm injured, my New Year's Eve consisted of me taking a hot bath, drinking and reading my book. I knew it was midnight when I heard all the guns and fireworks start going off, haha.

My New Years was terribly exciting! I was drinking Palm Bay while reading a Nora Roberts book, just getting to the sexy bits, when I got a text from friends wishing me a Happy New Year. :P There were also kitty snuggles. 

Happy New year to all my FJ buddies. Where else can I find out about fundies, bra sizes, phobias, and what to call grandparents? Wishing all of you health and happiness this year

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Happy New year to all my FJ buddies. Where else can I find out about fundies, bra sizes, phobias, and what to call grandparents? Wishing all of you health and happiness this year

#whyiloveFJ

My New Year's was spent at my friend's party in Brooklyn, which was fun except that I'm still fighting off a nasty cold, so by 12:30 I was ready to call it a night (and then I spent today studying for a professional certification and feeling like utter crap). But at the party I did get to reenact how I met one of my really good friends who was in town from Boston (we met at a musical audition in college where we were paired up and had to sing A Whole New World together). Wasn't my best vocal performance because cold, but it was great to see him and sing with him again! 

We all hung out at home, had munchie food for dinner, then played on the PS4 until about 15 minutes before the ball dropped. We had fizzy white grape juice then the younger kiddos went to bed. The older ones had a taste of champagne and played Spore til about 2am. Today we just hung around and watched movies and football. Tomorrow is chaos.

@Carm_88 Nora Roberts is one of my favorite authors, what book were you reading? My other go-to author is Sandra Brown.

3 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

@Carm_88 Nora Roberts is one of my favorite authors, what book were you reading? My other go-to author is Sandra Brown.

Born in Fire! I've been on a wicked Nora Roberts kick lately! :) 

I have that whole series. And the Irish Legacy, Sign of Seven, In The Garden, Gallaghers of Ardmore,  Dream, and Circle series'. Plus tons of her individual books. Loved The Reef,  just finished Whiskey Beach for like the 3rd time, and didn't like the TV adaptation of Northern Lights. Yeah I'm kind of obsessed!

Happy New Year to everyone here at FreeJinger. I hope you all have a wonderful happy, healthy and Joyful 2018. 2017 really flew by didn't it? A special thanks to the Admins here who go above and beyond the call of duty sharing all things Fundie with us. Your great!

Happy new year everyone! I hope you have a good year. 

I just wondered in their Fb “what did 2017 being us” post they didn’t look forward to 2018 in ways of “Joy and Kendra are expecting, we’re so excited!”  Now did they not say that last sentence because they forgot, didn’t want to look forward to 2018 or because someone else is knocked up that hasn’t announced yet?

6 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

I just wondered in their Fb “what did 2017 being us” post they didn’t look forward to 2018 in ways of “Joy and Kendra are expecting, we’re so excited!”  Now did they not say that last sentence because they forgot, didn’t want to look forward to 2018 or because someone else is knocked up that hasn’t announced yet?

If someone is pregnant is either Jessa or Jinger. More likely Jessa.

2 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Forget? A blessing from the LORDT? Blasphemy!

It is probably more that MEchelle Forgets Joy is a Duggerling, and Kendra of the good hair is just stealing her godly thunder.

My new year's wasn't good. Spent it by myself. Today is stressful, not quite the start of the year I wanted. Ugh.

On 1/1/2018 at 6:23 PM, Bad Wolf said:

Yes indeedy. I'm new but I really like it here, it's been very good even in my short time here.

Happy New year FJ'ers! :tw_heart:

19 hours ago, anaandrade said:

If someone is pregnant is either Jessa or Jinger. More likely Jessa.

Nope--its Jinger.  But I bet Jessa will announce a pregnancy by May at the latest

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Nope--its Jinger.  But I bet Jessa will announce a pregnancy by May at the latest

If Jessa and Jill aren't  pregnant yet they are probably feeling the pressure. To them having Joy, Jinger, Jill, and Jessa all pregnant at the same time would be like the holy fundie grail.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived