IGNORED

Dillards 49: Dull Dillards Dulling

samurai_sarah

14 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Can I just point out how absolutely beautiful Jana is in this photo?

She and Jenny could be twins

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

It shows no such thing. It's a fashion statement, that's all. They still have the same evil beliefs. If anything, dressing more mainstream is a lure to entice new victims.

I know we've been over this many times on FJ, but I disagree strongly with this. It doesn't mean their beliefs have changed significantly, no, and if anyone is saying that it means Jinger and Jill are suddenly liberal then I would definitely challenge that. But when they've spent their lives believing that modesty is paramount and wearing skirts is a significant part of being modest for them, it is significant that they are now wearing pants. Those small steps are significant when you've grown up in a cult, even if they don't end up leading to the change in beliefs most of us would like to see.

4 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

But TLC doesn't play into the "more interesting" or "what people would like to see" productions. lol

True, they seem to go for the 'most likely to put the viewers to sleep' production. Maybe they figure if viewers are awake they'll change the channel? Falling asleep they'll leave it on whatever channel their on. 

17 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

'most likely to put the viewers to sleep

Haha - I've been home from work the past two days with a super-bad cold/sinus infection and spent the majority of those days on the sofa, dozing to the random shitshows that are TLC (My 600-Pound Life, Hoarders, etc.).

55 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I know we've been over this many times on FJ, but I disagree strongly with this. It doesn't mean their beliefs have changed significantly, no, and if anyone is saying that it means Jinger and Jill are suddenly liberal then I would definitely challenge that. But when they've spent their lives believing that modesty is paramount and wearing skirts is a significant part of being modest for them, it is significant that they are now wearing pants. Those small steps are significant when you've grown up in a cult, even if they don't end up leading to the change in beliefs most of us would like to see.

Even if their core beliefs remain unchanged, I hope that the switch from skirts only to pants for Jill and Jinger could possibly mean that their children could have a more mainstream life. There are lots of women who are anti-abortion, anti-LGBT, and creationist who nevertheless send their children to public school, wear pants, and have independent identities that don’t hinge on being someone’s helpmeet. If Izzy or Spurgeon would be allowed to attend a bricks and mortar preschool rather than roaming around aimlessly with the other little kids at the TTH, that alone would be a big step forward (I would be surprised if a church as big as Cross Church didn’t have a pre-school or some other children’s ministry). I think JB has really bought into this idea of all of his descendants living in and around the TTH for eternity, and anything that gets the kidults and their kids off the compound to form their own ideas and opinions would be a plus.

22 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

Isn't that at home too?  That part seems really weird.

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing he aspirated either amniotic fluid or meconim filled amniotic fluid. It happens the baby inhales before the doc and fully suction the babies mouth, it is more common in c/section babies as their chests aren't compressed squeezing any risudual fluid out of heir mouths no they can be completely auctioned before fully delivered.  This would explain his NICU say and the supplemental O2. It doesn't answer what happened to Jill, and her need for an extended recovery. Hers could have been everything from a placental abruption leading to a partial hysterectomy, an amniotic embolism, a mild stroke, she may have had a postpartum hemorige, like Jessa after Spurgy, to I have no idea what. 

9 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Arminius taught prevenient grace. Basically God gives prevenient grace to all and it is each individuals choice with their free will whether to respond or not. The only election God does is through his foreknowledge of what a person will choose with their own free will. Therefore everyone has a chance at salvation if they respond to the grace and have faith. 

Shout out to the Catholics and Anglicans/ Episcopalians. And the Methodists (?) and idk enough theology to finish this

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing he aspirated either amniotic fluid or meconim filled amniotic fluid. It happens the baby inhales before the doc and fully suction the babies mouth, it is more common in c/section babies as their chests aren't compressed squeezing any risudual fluid out of heir mouths no they can be completely auctioned before fully delivered.  This would explain his NICU say and the supplemental O2. It doesn't answer what happened to Jill, and her need for an extended recovery. Hers could have been everything from a placental abruption leading to a partial hysterectomy, an amniotic embolism, a mild stroke, she may have had a postpartum hemorige, like Jessa after Spurgy, to I have no idea what. 

Especially because he was overdue. 

Twelve Drummers Drumming

Eleven Pipers Piping...

(that's what I hear every time I see this new Dillard thread title)

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

So I want to be just like Jill.  :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle: not really just been wanting my nose pierced forever. 

IMG_4535.JPG

I got my nose pierced last October, also had wanted to do it forever.  Looks great.

5 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Haha - I've been home from work the past two days with a super-bad cold/sinus infection and spent the majority of those days on the sofa, dozing to the random shitshows that are TLC (My 600-Pound Life, Hoarders, etc.).

Snap. Then TLC  showed loads of say yes to the dress. I much prefer my 600-pound life!!

4 hours ago, seraaa said:

Shout out to the Catholics and Anglicans/ Episcopalians. And the Methodists (?) and idk enough theology to finish this

The founders of Methodism were big on Arminius 

2 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Especially because he was overdue. 

Jill never gave a specific due date, so we don’t know if she was actually overdue or not. All we really know is that Jill claimed he was due early in July, that he was born on July 9th, and something happened during the birth.

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Jill never gave a specific due date, so we don’t know if she was actually overdue or not. All we really know is that Jill claimed he was due early in July, that he was born on July 9th, and something happened during the birth.

As I was writing that, I wondered if I’d gotten confused with someone else.  I thought there were pictures of her saying “41 weeks” or something, but you’re right.  It may have been with Israel.  When they announce pregnancies early they seem so long. 

8 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

They were also two of the nineteen (!!) children born to their parents. 

It's true, though only 10 of them survived to adulthood, which for the time in the 1700's, thats a pretty good record there.  There's a lot of odd stories in regards to the deaths of some of the children.  Sorry, I went all research mode there :P I wrote a paper and had a presentation on John Wesley a month ago in my last semester of college, so its still pretty fresh in my mind. 

2 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

As I was writing that, I wondered if I’d gotten confused with someone else.  I thought there were pictures of her saying “41 weeks” or something, but you’re right.  It may have been with Israel.  When they announce pregnancies early they seem so long. 

Lol! You’re probably thinking of Israel. They did the chalkboards while she was pregnant with Izzy, but no chalkboard photos appeared during her pregnancy with Samuel. This is the one you’re thinking of:

She was due with him on March 24, but (at some point) she also said she was planning on having him late since many first time moms give birth within ten days of their due date. He was born April 6th, which was 11 days past her due date. 

53 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

They were also two of the nineteen (!!) children born to their parents. 

Their mother, Susanna, was a piece of work:  http://carlarolfe.com/swesley.pdf 

Thanks for this! It was surely an interesting read!!! A piece of work feels like an understatement after reading that:pb_lol:

28 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Thanks for this! It was surely an interesting read!!! A piece of work feels like an understatement after reading that:pb_lol:

Honestly, this was probably THE defining moment that I realized Methodism (which I'd been raised in), and Christianity (in general) wasn't for me. Someone in my Disciple study class (it's a Methodist thing) brought this up and I was just appalled.

Breaking a child's will? Beating them? 

Nope. At that point, I quit the class and quit the church. And then I did more research (I had "drifted" from christianity as a teen) and quickly found MY truth - that religion was invented to control the masses.

But, each to their own. You'll find me at Stonehenge. :)

1 hour ago, OhNoNike said:

I don’t know how “y’all” have pics at the ready like that lol. I’m a visual person though so that’s what I remembered!

:pb_lol: I first joined here a month prior to Jessa Blessa’s wedding, which means I was around for the utter insanity of Baby Dilly Watch 2015. I have a good memory for stuff related to the Duggars and Bateses, but experiencing that definitely makes me remember really random stuff about her pregnancy with Izzy. 

16 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

But, each to their own. You'll find me at Stonehenge. :)

But Stonehenge was likely the product of a religion. And it’s still controlling the masses. Just look at the hordes walking around and around it every day, obediently keeping to that pathway behind the barrier. Wake up, sheeple!!! :pb_lol:

Baa!!!

Yes, but I've been fortunate enough to walk within the stones at sunrise. Except it was pouring with rain. lol

IMG_1053.JPG

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived