IGNORED

Trump 28: He's a "stable genius" with a "big & powerful button"

Destiny

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/01/20/trumps-million-dollar-fundraiser-reportedly-goes-on-amid-government-shutdown/23338890/

Since President Trump and the GOP were unable to strike a deal to keep the government operating, the president will remain in Washington this weekend -- canceling his trip to Mar-a-Lago for his planned high-dollar fundraiser.

The party celebrating Trump's first year in office is set to continue -- ticket prices were set at $100,000 a couple or $250,000 to participate in a roundtable with Trump, proceeds go to the Trump Victory Fund, a joint effort between Trump's 2020 re-election campaign and the Republican Party.

The president is expected to remain in Washington D.C. until the government is up and running. Or, as Trump's budget director, Mick Mulvaney said, "He's not leaving until this is finished."

The 2013 shutdown lasted from October 1 to October 17.  What if this one is just as long, or longer?  A lot of weekend time, normally spent playing golf, would have to be sacrificed.  He'll be even more cranky!

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt he’d sacrifice for long. If nobody’s working, then it’s a perfect time to play golf. Maybe he thinks the media gets furloughed as well during a shutdown. He is that stupid.

We went to the march in NYC today. Holy cow! The crowd was massive! I was really hoping that the attendance would be as great as last year. I didn’t want the administration to have any reason to claim diminished interest. I think we’re good! These posters were some of my favorites, but there were so many good ones.

1C77A131-9B7B-4456-ACC1-0280380D59D8.jpeg

A8C9759D-EA55-491E-AC32-8E4B7BFFC0A6.jpeg

8BD84465-18F1-44C7-AEB7-C63D27F083A5.jpeg

C0CA4CB9-C184-4443-B97E-30138173D698.jpeg

This tweet sums up what happened in the last two days. Read that again: in the last TWO DAYS.

What the hell, America?

18 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

This tweet sums up what happened in the last two days. Read that again: in the last TWO DAYS.

What the hell, America?

Oky doky.  I think my brain just short circuited at the thought of Fuck Face having an affair with anyone, let along Nikki Haley. 

And where the fuck are the reich wingers and their goddamn family values?

2 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Oky doky.  I think my brain just short circuited at the thought of Fuck Face having an affair with anyone, let along Nikki Haley. 

And after her husband gave her that assault rifle for Christmas a few years ago! Ungrateful bitch!

3 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

And after her husband gave her that assault rifle for Christmas a few years ago! Ungrateful bitch!

I was about to make a comment on the size of that cheeto Fuck Face has but I'm gonna quit now before my lunch, breakfast, and last night's supper comes back up.

10 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Is he actually going to have to cancel his party?! Because if so, that is a tiny ray of light in this dark times. Him spending today sulking because he missed his party will make my day better.

I don't think the party is cancelled, then they would have to pay refunds. But it does look like Trump will miss it.

That actually makes the prospect of not getting a paycheck on payday a little bit easier. 

Oh god. The Forbes magazine was a bad enough image. Let’s not add a rifle to the fantasy sequences! My eyes and my brain can’t take it! :eyewash: :pb_razz:

Uhhh... guys, I think his memory just got worse. He's forgotten the governmental shutdown already!

Senator Duckworth called out Fuck Face;

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) tore into President Trump on the Senate floor Saturday, calling him a “five-deferment draft dodger” and slamming him for his comments toward North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

“Does he even know that there are service members who are in harm’s way right now, watching him, looking for their commander in chief to show leadership, rather than [trying] to deflect blame?” Duckworth said. “Or that his own Pentagon says that the short-term funding plans he seems intent on pushing is actually harmful to not just the military, but to our national security?”

“I spent my entire adult life looking out for the well-being, the training, the equipping of the troops for whom I was responsible,” she continued. “Sadly, this is something that the current occupant of the Oval Office does not seem to care to do — and I will not be lectured about what our military needs by a five-deferment draft dodger.”

“And I have a message for cadet bone spurs: If you cared about our military, you'd stop baiting Kim Jong Un into a war that could put 85,000 American troops, and millions of innocent civilians, in danger."

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Uhhh... guys, I think his memory just got worse. He's forgotten the governmental shutdown already!

Sorry, Dumpy Don, you cannot distract us. 

Dump:"okay, individual mandate, yeah, what else?"

Kelly: "Ah, mmm, just say 'and so much more' Then put MAGA or something. Here, let me clean it up for you"

Dump: "Don't take out the big letters at the start of the words this time."

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

And where the fuck are the reich wingers and their goddamn family values?

I wouldn't think Haley would be his type. Too intelligent and doesn't seem to be the type to gaze adoringly into his eyes. Of course she did agree to jump on the Trump Train, so she can't be all that smart.

I see Hicks being more his type. Young, vulnerable, out for power, and malleable. I see him able to groom Hicks, but not Haley.

5 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I wouldn't think Haley would be his type. Too intelligent and doesn't seem to be the type to gaze adoringly into his eyes. Of course she did agree to jump on the Trump Train, so she can't be all that smart.

I see Hicks being more his type. Young, vulnerable, out for power, and malleable. I see him able to groom Hicks, but not Haley.

In truth, Haley's only attraction would be that she's married. But I think she intimidates him. And she's too boring sexually for him. And she doesn't look like Ivanka.

6 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Who knows, maybe he already has....and with that I'll head to the bathroom as dinner is about to make it's second appearance at the thought of the orange doofus being intimate with Hicks.

The idiot doesn't even realise there were also Repugs who voted against the bill.

Nor does he understand that a nuclear option isn't possible anymore, they were used up in the failed ACA repeal and the atrocious tax bill. They must have 60 votes. Good luck with that.

Yea, this. Mother Hubbard says it all in six little words

10 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Yea, this. Mother Hubbard says it all in six little words

I may have to sign up for a twitter account just to follow this woman. 

I usually avoid this subforum, but last few days have been too much. It's hard to believe it's been a year already, and even harder to imagine the new lows this Parody of President will hit in 2018. 
But I will have my popcorn ready. 

State of the union

As 2017 winds to a close this weekend, so does President Trump's first calendar year inside the White House. For alt-country songwriter James McMurtry, the time is ripe for reflection. . .and perhaps some scathing sociopolitical commentary, too.

A stunningly fiery folksong, McMurtry's "State of the Union" spins the story of an all-American family torn apart by the same issues that plague the country at large. There's a fascist brother who'll "tell you it's tough to be white"; a gun-owning, Bible-thumping sister; a mother who digs the buffet at Golden Corral; and a father who "always treated his Mexicans good." At the center of the story is our narrator, whose cardigan sweater and snowflake-worthy views put him at odds with his right-wing relatives. A microcosm of America, the family struggles to get along, unable to put aside its differences even during the mother's 80th birthday celebration.

The song unfolds in sharp, literate detail, filled with the all-too-familiar household arguments and dinner-table debates that soundtracked many a family reunion this holiday season. McMurtry delivers each verse with a Dylan-esque cadence that's half-sung and half-spoken, and the result is a song that doesn't point fingers as much as outline the contentious political present. Listen to "State of the Union" below or download it for free from his website.

James McMurtry will join Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit for a six-week tourstarting on January 4th.

I went the Women’s March in Philadelphia yesterday. We had “Melania” there as well.  

CE851CC8-2DC2-42FD-B25C-60A20BE5C2A4.jpeg

Spoiler

74893CB4-3416-4768-8CA6-EDF3A7302824.jpeg

996B66D5-3135-422B-81A2-A451DFCBEC8E.jpeg

A9799D84-BCFF-4890-A10C-4C8CC6635CF6.jpeg

25DDC8F6-566F-4377-9B27-2BF76F75B73F.jpeg

6413C08A-004D-46A0-B74F-44DAD0A15509.jpeg

8C3F5452-BEA3-4206-AB8F-CB7374F81333.jpeg

EDB62A49-3F5B-4C44-931D-36325802A4C3.jpeg

6A074F82-685F-43A8-83E3-A7288BA496FD.jpeg

89435C4B-EFC9-481A-91CB-BA80254984CF.jpeg

3265732F-ACAD-4F6B-9F65-9CE2D27410F5.jpeg

B92E2E74-7AFA-460E-85AF-8E87C388B23E.jpeg

51F5824E-DDAF-48E6-B4BD-91227DD10CBF.jpeg

383A2BC4-95B0-4742-8D70-DD9A64EDA201.jpeg

I see someone changed the Fuck Face public comment telephone line

The White House's public comment telephone line isn't accepting calls amid the ongoing government shutdown, and its recently updated recorded message blames it on Democrats.

Upon calling the comment line Sunday morning at (202) 456-1111, a woman's voice reads the following message:

“Thank you for calling the White House. Unfortunately, we cannot answer your call today because congressional Democrats are holding government funding, including funding for our troops and other national security priorities, hostage to an unrelated immigration debate," she says.

“Due to this obstruction, the government is shut down," she continues. “In the meantime, you can leave a comment for the president at www.whitehouse.gov/contact. We look forward to taking your calls as soon as the government reopens.”

I had to dial the line too and they still have that message playing.

Fuck Trump, and Fuck everyone who works for him.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived