IGNORED

The baby name thread!

Palimpsest

Fun Fact: Bill Gothard’s father was the Executive Director at Gideon’s International, as in Gideon’s Bibles. I hope the name choice was not a nod to Gothard in any way. Aside from the creepy connection, it’s a nice name. 

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to guess Paul Joseph for Kendra and Joe's little one. after Kendra's dad and Joe of course. 

as for Jinger and Jeremy. I think they will stick with J's maybe. Julia Nicole for a girl and Jeremy Jr for a boy. 

9 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I want to guess Paul Joseph for Kendra and Joe's little one. after Kendra's dad and Joe of course. 

as for Jinger and Jeremy. I think they will stick with J's maybe. Julia Nicole for a girl and Jeremy Jr for a boy. 

I was just thinking Joseph Paul, “J.P.” or Paul Joseph, “P.J.” 

PJs to me are pajamas, so I’d rather see a JP. 

On 2/28/2018 at 10:47 AM, louisa05 said:

I know a weird number of couples who did all names ending in "n". Apparently, that's a thing. And, even weirder, two of those have last names ending in "n" so the names become very rhythmic. 

My in-laws both have names starting with G, so they named both kids "G" names. Mr. 05 came out pretty well, but not so much for SiL. I worried that he'd want us to do the same, but we ended up with no kids instead. 

My SIL’s boys all have names ending in the same sound except she kind of fudged it up in my opinion because the first two boys end in -on and the third boy ends in -an. 

To be honest I think it’s sort of lame. But then again I’m of the opinion that just because my kids are siblings doesn’t mean they have to have matching names.

On 2/18/2018 at 7:39 PM, Kangaroo said:

I'm going to honest, I feel like the names Ashley and Madison are blacklisted unless that kid is being named for a relative. ;)

I find it ironic that the couple most likely to have a Madison would be Anna and Josh anyway due to their theming.

Updating my predictions based on newest information and starting the guessing for Joy's next child, lol.

Josh & Anna

Boy. Maxwell David Duggar. June 30th, 2019. 8lbs 7oz.

If it's a girl: Mariah Suzette Duggar.

Jill & Derick

Boy. Elijah Job Dillard. September 10, 2019. 10lbs even.

If it's a girl: Selah Michelle Dillard.

Jessa & Ben

Girl. Piper Grace Seewald. July 31, 2018. 8lbs 4oz. (I seriously doubt Jessa is already 4 months pregnant, but whatever, I'm keeping it)

If it's a boy: Lincoln Tozer Seewald. 

Jinger & Jeremy

Girl. Isabella Grace Vuolo. July 21, 2018. 7lbs 15oz.

If it's a boy: Isaac Charles Vuolo

Joy & Austin

Boy. Abraham James Forsyth. May 18, 2019. 9lbs 11oz. (Same weight I guessed last time, I really hope she gets a break and doesn't have another 10lbs+ baby!)

If it's a girl: Lily Anna Forsyth.

Joe & Kendra

Boy. Joseph Paul "JP" Duggar. June 21, 2018. 8lbs 5oz.

(Full disclosure, I originally guessed girl for these two. Also moved the birth date back about three weeks.)

Josiah & Lauren

Boy. Noah James Duggar. March 30, 2019. 8lbs 8oz.

If it's a girl: Reagan Lana Duggar.

*Caveat: I don't know what any of Lauren's siblings' names are. If it turns out she has a brother named Noah or a sister named Reagan, I'll have to change my guesses

Edit: I changed my middle name guess for Derick's next child to Job, because of all the persecution he's been braving for the sake of the Lord. :my_rolleyes:

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Caveat: I don't know what any of Lauren's siblings' names are. If it turns out she has a brother named Noah or a sister named Reagan, I'll have to change my guesses

I find it odd that there hasn’t been any information revealed about Lauren Swanson’s siblings. Usually we would have names and ages by now.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Edit: I changed my middle name guess for Derick's next child to Job, because of all the persecution he's been braving for the sake of the Lord. :my_rolleyes:

I don't know, Job (long o, a name) may be too much like job (short o, paid employment) for Derick!

They'd probably put the "long o" symbol over the kid's name, just for clarification.

13 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

@singsingsing - Have I missed a pregnancy announcement????

Nope, I'm just guilty of Cathy Dillard's least favourite thing in the world - making a lot of assumptions. :pb_lol:

Now since apparently it's been confirmed that Joy had a C-section, I have to re-evaluate my predicted birth date for her next child, and decide whether I think they're going to wait a reasonable amount of time, or if they're going to leave it up to Jesus, because Jesus knows what her uterus can handle. :my_dodgy:

Just now, singsingsing said:

Now since apparently it's been confirmed that Joy had a C-section, I have to re-evaluate my predicted birth date for her next child, and decide whether I think they're going to wait a reasonable amount of time, or if they're going to leave it up to Jesus, because Jesus knows what her uterus can handle. :my_dodgy:

I still don't think Jill intentionally waited, and I don't think Joy will either.  Now she still may take more time, who knows?

1 minute ago, justoneoftwo said:

I still don't think Jill intentionally waited, and I don't think Joy will either.  Now she still may take more time, who knows?

Yep, that's one thing I'm still curious about. It sure seems like she intentionally waited, because Sam's conception lines up almost exactly with the length of time a lot of doctors will tell you to wait after having a C-section. But that could easily just be a coincidence. And unless they come out and say it (which they have absolutely no obligation whatsoever to do), we'll never know for sure.

I lean toward Joy not waiting either, but these people have surprised me more than once.

On 3/9/2018 at 1:30 PM, singsingsing said:

I changed my middle name guess for Derick's next child to Job, because of all the persecution he's been braving for the sake of the Lord. 

And then also nobody could ever say he doesn't have a Job :wink-penguin:

I think I'd have to actually see Lauren on screen more then her tiny courtship/ Engagement announcements before picking a name for their hypothetical first child.  

I think Derick and Jill will keep up their unintentional theme with names ending in 'el'. 

I predict Gabriel, Ezekiel, Nathaniel for boys, maybe Hazel for a girl (if anything, I could see them going in a completely different direction for their *precious* daughter)

I'm still going with Selah as my guess for their first girl, but they definitely could have changed their minds by now, so I wouldn't totally count on it. Knowing Derick he'll want to name her Ayn Rand Liberal Tears Dillard or something. Cathy will want to name her Assumpta.

Selah is a very lovely, Soft name plus it Means To Stop, pause and reflect ... As in a Dillard who will hopefully learn to Stop ,pause and reflect before the Diarrhea of the mouth sets in ;)

Josh and Anna: boy, January 15, 2020. Mathew Lucas Duggar. Maryanne Mercy for a girl.

Jill and Derick: boy, December 7, 2019. Caleb Michael Dillard. Jubilee Catherine or whatever Cathy's full names is for a girl. 

Jessa and Ben: girl, late 2018. Nicole Annette. For a boy, Jessa might be ok with Calvin, but it's too mainstream for Ben, and I don't want to imagine what they'll come up with once  they compromise. Meuw Calvin for now. 

Jinger and Jeremy: girl, Skye Grace. Noah Jeremy for a boy.

Joe and Kendra: Job Joseph 

Joy and Austin: boy, September 2019. Tobias Somefamilyname. For a girl - Hannah Joy-Grace. Because that would crack me up. 

Josiah and Lauren: girl, April 2019. Laurette Agape. Lucas Josiah for a boy. 

Okay, so since it's apparently beeen confirmed (for real this time?) that Jessa is NOT pregnant, my updated predictions under the spoiler (I'm copying and pasting the whole thing so that I don't lose track, because I WILL lose track):

Spoiler

Josh & Anna

Boy. Maxwell David Duggar. June 30th, 2019. 8lbs 7oz.

If it's a girl: Mariah Suzette Duggar.

Jill & Derick

Boy. Elijah Job Dillard. September 10, 2019. 10lbs even.

If it's a girl: Selah Michelle Dillard.

Jessa & Ben

Girl. Piper Grace Seewald. February 13, 2019. 8lbs 4oz. 

If it's a boy: Lincoln Tozer Seewald. 

Jinger & Jeremy

Girl. Isabella Grace Vuolo. July 21, 2018. 7lbs 15oz.

If it's a boy: Isaac Charles Vuolo

Joy & Austin

Boy. Abraham James Forsyth. May 18, 2019. 9lbs 11oz. (Same weight I guessed last time, I really hope she gets a break and doesn't have another 10lbs+ baby!)

If it's a girl: Lily Anna Forsyth.

Joe & Kendra

Boy. Joseph Paul "JP" Duggar. June 21, 2018. 8lbs 5oz.

(Full disclosure, I originally guessed girl for these two. Also moved the birth date back about three weeks.)

Josiah & Lauren

Boy. Noah James Duggar. March 30, 2019. 8lbs 8oz.

If it's a girl: Reagan Lana Duggar.

*Caveat: I don't know what any of Lauren's siblings' names are. If it turns out she has a brother named Noah or a sister named Reagan, I'll have to change my guesses

I'm now really hoping for Jessa to get to TWO YEARS between babies. Anna's done it. Jill's done it. Jinger took a year after her wedding to get pregnant, so that almost counts. 

I'm almost kind of ready to start speculating that MAYBE Jill, Jessa and Jinger are using some kind of family planning method. Could it be? Could they be leaving the quiverfull mentality and moving over into normal conservative evangelical 'NFP and barrier methods are cool' territory? Please Rufus...

I don't know why I added an extra 'e' to 'been' up there. I can't edit now, so I just want to let everyone know that I was actually not intoxicated when I wrote that... :pb_lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived