Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

JillRod 50: Thinking of What She Can Take Advantage of Next

Recommended Posts

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mela99

I'm still waiting for her to bring Amy into this. How her struggle is WAY WORSE!!! But at least #13 has an aunt who understands what it's like to be BROKEN!!
I have a stomach ache at the thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neurogirl

@Triplet3 how could I have forgotten the Maxwell Bontrager nuptials?!?! Barefoot bride in December, the holy scrotum, and bride and groom rushing out “for the vows” before the big kiss 

lots of rabbit holes people!!! And yet Jill seems to be the most WTAF of them all.

P.S. who is Larissa?

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OhNoNike
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

 

P.S. who is Larissa?

Well.  This is what I learned, because I hadn’t heard either.  Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Larissa and Ian were boyfriend/girlfriend and Ian was involved in a vehicle accident that left him with a traumatic brain injury.  It seems his father urged them to get married.  There was an investigation of some sort and court finding that Ian was capable of consenting to marriage.  They got married. They published a book and were in the spotlight (like on one of Oprah’s new OWN shows).  They had their second child in 2016.  All seems to have been quiet on that front until the other day, when someone defending them (a friend? Or a “friend”?) on the thread, reviving it.  

ETA: I didn’t go back in history on the beginning threads because I had to feed my children (imagine that).  But religion/fundieism plays a large part in the story, which is why I think it perked up on FJ in the first place.

Edited by OhNoNike
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
squiddysquid

Maybe she'll park Baby Girl #13 with Amy whenever they go RV "music ministry" grifting.

No way Jill is staying put at the house for No.13 sake. Kiddo would probably be better of with her aunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FundieFarmer

I too will be hosting a shower for Canine FF. She deserves only the best, and prefers people-themed toys. Her current favorites are her “BarkCard”, her “ChewyVuitton”, and her “Dog Perignon”. Yes, she lives better than I. She will be registering for the BarkMW dog bed, and a Gucci dog collar. Nothing is too extravagant for Canine FF. Please plan accordingly and remember not to look her in the eyes when you present your gifts.

  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 25
  • Love 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VanillaBean

Jill is Jill, and nothing is going to change that.  We saw in Amy's memorial that her mom has some similar traits.  This makes sense as personality disorders often have a genetic component. My stepdaughter's mother and grandmother are a case in point.  So while we can derive amusement/ shock/revulsion from Jill, the sad fact is that one or more of the kids will inherit the gene. And you can bet they won't get any psychiatric help.  And right there,  in a nutshell, is another reason fundamentalism is so damaging and dangerous. 

  • Upvote 27
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurky
Posted (edited)

@Coconut Flan and other admins around the Jill threads - is it possible to pin @Georgiana's post to the top of this thread?   It's likely to be a fast-moving thread again, and that's a fantastic summary!

I also love @JermajestyDuggar's great post from the end of the last thread - yeah, holy shit, me too!

Quote

I feel like this entire pregnancy has been a long crazy ride yet she's what? Less than 2/3 of the way through? She announced early. Like around 6-8 weeks if I remember correctly.  Then she had to hurry up and plan her vow renewal wedding because she would get too large to fit in her dress. Then after the over the top renewal we have the gender reveal. With a crying little boy and disappointment from most of the family. After that comes lots of vaguebooking about a possible problem with the baby. Then an announcement about the possibly severe issues quickly followed by multiple invitations to an over the top me me me shower. 

I am just sitting here wondering what will happen in the next three months. And I'm shuddering at the thought.

 

Edited by Lurky
cleaning up quote format
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mela99

I still don't understand why she would need new anything for this baby. Isn't Sofia still baby-ish? Did she get rid of everything she had as soon as she could? Does this mean she wants a separate diaper bag for both Sofia and 13?

  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alice in Fundieland
Posted (edited)

We are talking about Jill. Does she ever get rid of anything? Look at her house. She has to have baby items.

Edited by Alice in Fundieland
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bethella
1 hour ago, OhNoNike said:

Well.  This is what I learned, because I hadn’t heard either.  Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Larissa and Ian were boyfriend/girlfriend and Ian was involved in a vehicle accident that left him with a traumatic brain injury.  It seems his father urged them to get married.  There was an investigation of some sort and court finding that Ian was capable of consenting to marriage.  They got married. They published a book and were in the spotlight (like on one of Oprah’s new OWN shows).  They had their second child in 2016.  All seems to have been quiet on that front until the other day, when someone defending them (a friend? Or a “friend”?) on the thread, reviving it.  

ETA: I didn’t go back in history on the beginning threads because I had to feed my children (imagine that).  But religion/fundieism plays a large part in the story, which is why I think it perked up on FJ in the first place.

One minor correction- Larissa and Ian Murphy only have one son, born in January 2017. They stopped blogging after his birth.

There are two other similar couples (where the husband has a TBI)- Katie and Ben Rye have one child while Kathleen and Cale Darling have two children (their second was the one born in 2016).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Georgiana
Just now, Mela99 said:

I still don't understand why she would need new anything for this baby. Isn't Sofia still baby-ish? Did she get rid of everything she had as soon as she could? Does this mean she wants a separate diaper bag for both Sofia and 13?

I'm on board with baby needs. Depending on the needs of this child, specific baby toys/exercisers/etc might make a HUGE difference, whereas they may not have been worth the money for the other Rod kids and just clutter. Depending on the child's sensitivity/sensory needs, she may not be able to reuse many things from her past girls. It's actually likely that the baby will have specific needs that will need to be provided for. 

Which is why it's doubly selfish for Jill to do this. Having the RIGHT sort of encouragement and stimulation and environment may make a lifelong difference to this child. And Jill is wasting that money on a mixer.

  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad Wolf

After 12 kids, I can see some of the equipment might need replacing. A new car seat might be in order, if the previous one is old. And then, of course, David will have to build a new baby cage unless one of the current "cagees" can graduate to the sleeping pile. Seriously Jill, you continue to amaze and repulse.

  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Georgiana
2 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

We are talking about Jill. Does she ever get rid of anything? Look at her house. She has to have baby items.

Yeah, but again: look at her house. How many toys or child-geared items of any variety do you see? 

Jill keeps stuff FOR JILL. I think kids stuff is the first to go when Jill needs room.

  • Upvote 16
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 16
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beermeet
1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

I'm still waiting for her to bring Amy into this. How her struggle is WAY WORSE!!! But at least #13 has an aunt who understands what it's like to be BROKEN!!
I have a stomach ache at the thought.

Amy who?  Jill's got something better now for the grifting and overall horrible words and actions.  I really wonder if Jill will ever mention Amy like that again.  She might at least once if she reads here.  Hi Jill, you piece of unholy poo.  :NAWAK:

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alice in Fundieland

@Georgiana You make a valid point. I stand corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
unholypoledancer
Posted (edited)

How is child protective services not involved in this? The poor kids. I mean not having a few toys to play with...and I hope the newest addition gets everything she needs to thrive. This makes me so sad. 

ETA: It just gets me angry that nothing really benefits the children. Or at least it seems that way. Also, the baby cages make me sick, and the lack of space for all those kids just-UGH!

Edited by unholypoledancer
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So-Virgin-It-Hurts
Posted (edited)

Am I to believe that this "mama shower" got whipped-up in two days? Why the damn rush? Why not schedule it next week or next month? I understand the theory about capitalizing on baby's tragic news but who has time to get a gift and show up at an event in two days time (if one were so inclined)?

The whole thing is so wrong and sick no matter which way you look at it. I don't know why I continue to try and apply reason to it all.  Jill's a self-absorbed con (wo)man - end of story.

Edited by So-Virgin-It-Hurts
Forgot a letter
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChunkyBarbie

My phone is dying, but I wanted to say, if Dave gets sick from printing tracks for a few days how the heck is he going to survive Botswana? Good gravy! He is beyond useless. Stay the frick home, you delicate flower. Gah   

  • Upvote 23
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
waltraute
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Amy who?  Jill's got something better now for the grifting and overall horrible words and actions.  I really wonder if Jill will ever mention Amy like that again.  She might at least once if she reads here.  Hi Jill, you piece of unholy poo.  :NAWAK:

I never assume that our subjects read here.  That being said, it occurs to me that reading here might possibly have been what spurred the quick and frantic gift grab. Our reactions to her Facebook Live feed where she told us that part of her baby's brain was dying was overwhelmingly sympathetic for that child and situation. Many of us expressed a frustrated desire to help with tangible items, like groceries - even though we knew we would/could never do so...because Jill. If she saw that we ungodless heathens could be moved to discussions of monetary support, perhaps she thought she should provide that opportunity for everyone while emotions were high.

Then again, this is Jill. I think gift grabs and grifting are always on her mind. And I really don't presume that any one of them reads here.

Still...

Edited by waltraute
  • Upvote 18
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beermeet
4 minutes ago, waltraute said:

I never assume that our subjects read here.  That being said, it occurs to me that reading here might possibly have been what spurred the quick and frantic gift grab. Our reactions to her Facebook Live feed where she told us that part of her baby's brain was dying was overwhelmingly sympathetic for that child and situation. Many of us expressed a frustrated desire to help with tangible items, like groceries - even though we knew we would/could never do so...because Jill. If she saw that we ungodless heathens could be moved to discussions of monetary support, perhaps she thought should provide that opportunity for everyone while emotions were high.

Then again, this is Jill. I think gift grabs and grifting are always on her mind. And I really don't presume that anyone of them reads here.

Still...

You could be right!  I think they do because an ex-fundie who came here recently ( I don't think it was Cynthia Jeub, the one before that?) said that of course they do.  Right up a narcissits alley.  Hard to say how many but, some definitely do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pook

Fifty threads people, yep five-0!!!!!!!!!

I went back to the 1st thread and discovered I have been hanging out with  you, my people, for 5 years.

Jill made the time go by so fast with her antics.

Carry on.

Sis Pook (pneumonia, allergic to cats)

 

  • Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 10
  • WTF 1
  • Love 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snarkylark
10 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

two sober/clean parents

Which of course we know because Jill would never dress like “riff-raff.” :my_confused:

  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 14
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×