IGNORED

Mortons: A new year of Marryin', Birthin', and Writin'

SolomonFundy

Didn't Martha write in her brother-worshipping memoir how all of the brothers were infamous drivers? I think John (or Wes?) was famous for crashing cars while Andrew was known as a fast driver. Hopefully he isn't speeding when his child is "stretching her legs" on the interstate, but knowing these people and hearing how Kennedy snapped, I wouldn't count on it.

• Upvote 7

It looked to me like John was driving.  The lack of appropriate car seat use astounds me.  They probably believe that God will protect them.  Ugh.  If they got rear ended that child would be through the windshield and on to the pavement.  Based on the angle of the camera Kennedy seems to be sitting too far forward to have her belt on either.  @freethemall I wonder if she brought up FJ in  her retort because she assumed you read here or because she checks in often enough that she knew that we were discussing it. 

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 5

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:48 PM, freethemall said:

ETA: she responded to me and definitely took that message quite personally, told me I spend too many hours on FJ and that they were on a 10 hour roadtrip and the baby needed to stretch her legs.

Kennedy do you read here? Im a fellow mom of a 15 month old and have taken roadtrips with him, pull over and let your baby roam in the grass instead of risking her precious life. I don't care I pissed you off as long as it causes you to reconsider such a careless decision that proves you were too immature and ignorant to have children at such a young age.

I also replied to her instagram story and basically got back the same message from her.  I replied again, saying that when I took my toddler on long car rides we planned breaks for her to get out and run around.  All I could see when I watched that video was the poor baby hitting or going through the windshield as a projectile if they needed to stop suddenly or had an accident.  So sad.  I don't care who you are. That is illegal and just plain bad parenting.  I wish they had gotten pulled over.  I did take screen shots of the conversation and of the baby standing up in the car but I don't have access to them just now while I'm at work.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, fundiefollower said:

I also replied to her instagram story and basically got back the same message from her.  I replied again, saying that when I took my toddler on long car rides we planned breaks for her to get out and run around.  All I could see when I watched that video was the poor baby hitting or going through the windshield as a projectile if they needed to stop suddenly or had an accident.  So sad.  I don't care who you are. That is illegal and just plain bad parenting.  I wish they had gotten pulled over.  I did take screen shots of the conversation and of the baby standing up in the car but I don't have access to them just now while I'm at work.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who responded, and I hope it was more than the two of us. I didn't screenshot her response and now that I've unfollowed her it's gone. I'm also glad you did a screenshot of the baby in the car and I hope she realizes that a cop or CPS would not accept her explanation of baby needing to stretch her legs...

Keep in mind, we had one roadtrip with the toddler where in the last hour he kept crying and we could have easily given in and taken him out of the screenshot, but didn't. These are the people who care so much about child obedience, aren't they? Why am I the one not giving in when the baby cries to get what he wants?

• Upvote 4

The decision to let that young child stand up and roam around in the car while driving just because she needed to stretch her legs seems unbelievably foolish and in my area will get you a hefty fine for breaking the law. By now I would have thought the danger to an unbuckled child during a car accident was common knowledge. However if the Mortons are not aware of this then they probably don't know about the risks of a being relatively immobile during a long car ride - specifically blood clots. Stopping at a rest stop to let a young child stretch their legs is also good for an adult - particularly a pregnant adult who is at higher risk for a blood clot. The worst part for me is there is such an easy solution : Buckle in properly. Stop periodically at a rest stop. Get out and stretch your legs. When you are refreshed, continue on. Safer. Cheap. Easy.  

• Upvote 11

There are enough Mortons that have been cited for traffic violations for improper car seat safety that you'd think at least one of them somewhere along the way would decide that perhaps just maybe, car seats are really, really fucking important.

I have four kids myself. I don't begin to pretend that I haven't made mistakes. But one thing I have never compromised on even one time in 16 years of parenting is child passenger safety. My 5 year old is still in a 5 point harness car seat.

Once upon a time before my first was born, I worked for a well known, national non-for-profit health organization. If you have a child, you've received paperwork from this organization. I worked on their child passenger safety campaign. One of my duties was to put together the slide presentations for the MD's to present to their colleagues at national medical conferences. 

Those images have never left me. Those images will never leave me.

There are so many places one can access a reduced rate or even a free car seat. 

There are so many expenses one can cut to cover the cost of a car seat. 

Even a used car seat is better than no car seat.

There is absolutely NO excuse on this earth that justifies endangering an innocent child's life that way. NONE.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

42 minutes ago, Mudgie said:

There are enough Mortons that have been cited for traffic violations for improper car seat safety that you'd think at least one of them somewhere along the way would decide that perhaps just maybe, car seats are really, really fucking important.

The don't care about citations or the law. They care about their god and subverting the ebil gubment. No government will tell them what to do and dammit, they'll show them. Their kids suffer the consequences of their arrogance. Their lack of education outside governenment institutions (schools) is evidence of the fact that they are determined to defy the government, at whatever cost. 

A note on that education thing...John put a story on IG of a log that looked straight in one picture but wasn't in another - he called it an octupal illusion. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4

Here are the screenshots - hope I do this right I've never added pics before.  I'm blocked by her now.  And yes.... I tried to play dumb about FJ.  I honestly would have reacted the same if it was my best friend who posted at video.  No Carseat?!?

Screenshot_20180127-213106.png

Screenshot_20180127-213113.png

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

I also took a screenshot, but didn't write a message after having a long and exhausting conversation about abortion with another fundie on IG a few weeks back.

Thanks again to everybody that took the time to write her. Although your messages won't ever reach her through her ignorance.

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Mudgie said:

Sadly I don't think that realization will occur until/unless there's an injury/accident.  They seem to be the types to believe they're under some kind of bubble of protection from The Lard.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

So I am still not clear who is in SA, who is in Alabama (just Dorothy, right?) and who is in Moultrie??

Wes & Rachel + 6 (?) kiddos

Michael jr. & Kressant + 7 (?) kiddos

are in SA.

Dorothy & Noah + 3 kiddos

are "redeeming the dirt" in AL.

Keni & Andrew + 1 kid (+ one the way)

Sam & Alyssa + 2 kiddos

Cleve & Lise + 3 kiddos (+ one on the way (?))

Katie + 7 kiddos.

are in Moultrie.

I think John is also in Moultrie, working full time in the construction business. (And probably courting a Campana girl soon). Addie and her parents seem to travel back and forth between GA and SA. (Or at least Addie stays in GA to help Katie with her brood). Don't know whether Paul and Edwin are already working or traveling with their parents.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

This is why fundie children shouldn't be having children. That response was incredibly childish and something I would expect from a 16 year old. She's obviously immature for her age. But I expect nothing less from a fundie kid.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

@nelliebelle1197 Mike/Kress and Rachel/Wesley are in Paraguay.  Except for Darth the rest are in GA.  Martha and Tayte moved there a few months ago.  Katie and the brood moved in with the kids a year and a half ago after Alan went to jail.  At that time Ma, Pa, Addie and the 3 youngest boys moved back from SA.  Sam/Alyssa and Andrew/Kennedy were already there with Lise/her fam.  Mike/Kress moved down just over a year ago, shortly before their youngest was born. 

• Thank You 2

Kress has 7 and Rachel has 6.  Lise is pregnant.  As is Kennedy.  Alyssa just had her 2nd a couple of weeks ago. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, ophelia said:

Thank you, @JermajestyDuggar I tend to loose track how many they already have.

Unlike the others, Katie's number will most likely always be 8. I guess there is a small chance some fundie guy might be willing to take on a wife with 8 young kids but I doubt it. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, freethemall said:

So I guess I did do a screenshot and @fundiefollower, she must have just copy and pasted the same message to both of us:Screenshot_20180127-223716.thumb.png.56a0b0b1d9ec26454ce77df2343702ff.png

Her sarcasm here is interesting, since it appears to be covering up anger/ defensiveness, which is obviously normal when you feel someone is attacking something you've said/done and you don't want to have to admit that it is wrong....because that would be a bit embarrassing wouldn't it?
Since you've put your very young child in a reasonable amount of danger and laughed about it on social media...
And Kennedy, I know you think you are so smart because you've figured out that we think you are all a bunch of under-educated, backwoods, child-endangering religious nut-bags, but calm down dear.

Maybe you're upset we all referred to your husband as "the pink one". It's obvious you strive to be a foil to the Morton daughters, you do the Spartan races, you are super "outdoorsy", you like toting a gun around and grinning in photos with dead deer, you wear a leather jacket sometimes *gasp!* and you use some worldly/mainstream words like "bae". Oh and you used to live in Germany! Wow so COOOOOOOOOOOL SO SO COOL :pb_rollseyes:

But at the end of the day, you are just like the rest, after all that, you ended up on the Morton compound, popping out babies and living in a shack Andrew built for you in the woods next to Ma and Pa Morton.

You may think you are the unique little butterfly in that world, but compared to everyone else love, you are brainwashed, ignorant, and you are someone's mother.....which is frightening.

You were not around for your husband's formative years, you are not privy to the way they used to live.
and in regards to your previous IG post a while back about joking about being a "biscuit maker", that is something Adeline referred to your father-in-law as actually saying!!! Stop acting like you know it all, it is so juvenile. But then again, couldn't have you grow up and become a woman before you popped out a baby or two with Andrew first right?

It's okay Kennedy, from the outside, you DO look stunted, you DO look intolerant, you DO look irresponsible, you DO look like a little girl trying to appear "tough" and defiant.
It's totally fine, because that's all you'll ever be, so I get why you feel like you have to defend it so badly, I do, it's your whole world.

Edited by Feministe9000
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 6

So from her response it appears she feels treating children like a blessing from God is a liberal, feminist idea that should be avoided. If you truly view children as a blessing from God, why would you put the child in danger when there is a simple solution to the problem? On long drives with small children you take frequent breaks. You work that into the travel time and if you don't want to do it, well don't take long trips with children.

Actions speak louder than words Kennedy and your actions show you treating your child like a piece of trash, not a treasure from heaven. Please swallow your pride and in the future keep your child in the carseat. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

I get why she is mad. IMO strangers have no business giving advice about how you parent unless the advice is asked for. Plus its not like the person who messaged her actually thought they were being helpful or she would take the advice. At that point it's just someone being annoying and she could even feel harassed. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, crazysnark said:

I get why she is mad. IMO strangers have no business giving advice about how you parent unless the advice is asked for. Plus its not like the person who messaged her actually thought they were being helpful or she would take the advice. At that point it's just someone being annoying and she could even feel harassed. 

I get what you're saying, but therein lies the whole basis of social media: uploading content for likes, comments, approval/disapproval, to be seen/see, and on and on and on.......

They aren't all into social media as much as she is, which isn't even that much. If she truly felt "harassed" and upset, then she would take herself off, or make her account private, but is it? no.....soooooooo I don't feel bad for her if she isn't taking basic privacy measure steps on her social media to limit people's access to the content she uploads.

Cry me a river Kennedy! Wise up on your parenting skills before someone gets hurt. You are a grown woman now remember? Stop whining.

Edited by Feministe9000
  • Upvote 9

On the one hand I tend to agree. I think we often poke at people and then act like it means something when they get defensive, when in reality it's just a common reaction. And I understand that Kennedy has kind of inherited the public fascination, as she got into this late and hasn't really done the same kind of self-promoting as her in-laws.

On the other hand, make your damn instagram private if it bothers you. And if you don't want people taking interest in those redneck Mortons, tell your in-laws to stop publishing books and blog posts about all the dumb redneck shit they like to do.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

I get why she is mad. IMO strangers have no business giving advice about how you parent unless the advice is asked for.

Then Kennedy should get off the internet or make her account private so that the only people who see her stuff are those who think it's fine to let an unrestrained toddler loose in a moving vehicle. 

One hopes that Kennedy has learned something & will do better by her child but not holding my breath, given her petulant response.

• Upvote 11

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic