IGNORED

Mortons: A new year of Marryin', Birthin', and Writin'

SolomonFundy

i was really happy to see that addie got to go, since i remember reading speculation on here that on other ski trips she and the morton girls were upset/possibly weren't allowed to go with all the boys/married women. 

• Upvote 1

I need to catch up - Kennedy married the really pink Morton? Andrew? Are they in South America? Did her Duck Dynasty-loving mother and her father go back to torture people in Korea? So everyone but the parents are back and Kennedy's Morton are back?  I am not on IG and don't understand it, so I miss everything,

20 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I need to catch up - Kennedy married the really pink Morton? Andrew? Are they in South America? Did her Duck Dynasty-loving mother and her father go back to torture people in Korea? So everyone but the parents are back and Kennedy's Morton are back?  I am not on IG and don't understand it, so I miss everything,

She did marry the pink one. They had a baby girl by emergency c section and are preggers again (a safe distance apart, I think?). They live on the US Morton compound.

interestingly, the next Morton boy married Alyssa campana as well and they also had a girl by emergency c section within a very short timespan of Kennedy's. Alyssa's already had a successful vbac, tho. I wonder if Kennedy also feels pressured to go for one now. I think it's interesting that both very young very healthy (and, I'm assuming, very pro natural birth) girls were forced into c sections on their first birth. And very sad, assuming they want many more. 

Edited by picklepizzas
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

She did marry the pink one. They had a baby girl by emergency c section and are preggers again (a safe distance apart, I think?). They live on the US Morton compound.

Kennedy had Mia Jayden in early July 2016 and is due with her second in July 2018, so reasonably safe two year gap.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

@nelliebelle1197 Kennedy's IG is fairly interesting.  If you have IG I'd consider following it.  She had a pretty snarky post last year directed at us.  She also did a tough mudder or similar race with her husband in the late fall/early winter.  And she showed her first stag kill.  She's not a girly girl, which is unique in their circles.  She is definitely spouting the hateful beliefs vociferously.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I do miss the VF'er and the balls and the weirdos in the midwest. And Addie's weird blog to the world...

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I do miss the VF'er and the balls and the weirdos in the midwest. And Addie's weird blog to the world...

Addie keeps up on IG but it's private and you have to request to be followed. It's like little bite sized chunks of their old blog.  She still takes a gorgeous picture. 

5 hours ago, Lurky said:

I miss Addie's breathless teenaged-Anne-Shirley prose...

She still does it. It's even more interesting in the context of short blurbs for her pics on IG than it was for long winded musings on the blog. 

• Upvote 4

On 1/22/2018 at 10:45 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Kennedy married the really pink Morton?

I'm in bed today fighting a SEVERELY bad cold (nottheflunottheflunottheflu) and this made me laugh hysterically. Scared the shirt outta my cats. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

I'm in bed today fighting a SEVERELY bad cold (nottheflunottheflunottheflu) and this made me laugh hysterically. Scared the shirt outta my cats. 

Yep he is pink most of the time. She thinks he's "sexy". I think she means the sex is good because he does not look much like his other brothers at all. I mean he's an ok looking guy but I just don't see sexy.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

The Pink One is definitely not my cup of tea (John is, but he is absolutely insufferable), but he and Kennedy seem to be very much in love. I just don't get why he never ever seems to comb his hair. Straight outta bed -look with sweaty pinkness (is that a word?) doesn't do him any favors.

Like the rest of you, I really miss the old Morton blog. Their crazy was one special kind of crazy, sprinkled with some Confederate love, lots of mindless breeding, and young maidens in love with their daddy dearest.

• Upvote 6

Kennedy posted an IG story of the 12 month old standing in the moving car on the highway. :my_dodgy: I wad hoping that the not using a car seat didn't happen until they were a couple of years old. 

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 3

39 minutes ago, JMO said:

Kennedy posted an IG story of the 12 month old standing in the moving car on the highway. :my_dodgy: I wad hoping that the not using a car seat didn't happen until they were a couple of years old. 

The tag is #smartestbabyever. 

Too bad she comes  the dumbest parents ever.

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

On 23/01/2018 at 3:45 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Kennedy married the really pink Morton?

I can't stop laughing at this spot-on description

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

That video is so goddamn disturbing and they are morons. It may get me blocked from her page but I sent a message attempting to be as nice as possible saying: "Wow, you're very brave to not use a car seat or even a seat belt, I sure hope that's a good driver and that the road is filled with other good drivers."

One car stops in front of them suddenly and they rear end it by accident... Can you imagine???

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 4

ETA: she responded to me and definitely took that message quite personally, told me I spend too many hours on FJ and that they were on a 10 hour roadtrip and the baby needed to stretch her legs.

Kennedy do you read here? Im a fellow mom of a 15 month old and have taken roadtrips with him, pull over and let your baby roam in the grass instead of risking her precious life. I don't care I pissed you off as long as it causes you to reconsider such a careless decision that proves you were too immature and ignorant to have children at such a young age.

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Abortion is wrong, unless it's performed at 75 mph on an interstate when the child is 18 months old. 

I want to make a joke about how you can't spell "Morton" without "Moron", but ultimately, I just feel sad for all concerned. @freethemall, I'm glad to hear that she was so defensive. That at least suggests that she's aware on some level that she chose personal convenience over the safety of her child. 

• Upvote 21
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Abortion is wrong, unless it's performed at 75 mph on an interstate when the child is 18 months old. 

I want to make a joke about how you can't spell "Morton" without "Moron", but ultimately, I just feel sad for all concerned. @freethemall, I'm glad to hear that she was so defensive. That at least suggests that she's aware on some level that she chose personal convenience over the safety of her child. 

I worry that in being defensive she has none of that awareness, and instead took it as "oh look one of those mean liberal government-loving feminist trolls has nothing to do and doesn't actually care about my baby but instead is just picking on me for fun". No Kennedy, your careless decisions do not entertain me.

• Upvote 16

If they spent half as much time worrying about the safety of their already born children as they do about policing women's bodies, I might take their "pro-life" stance more seriously.

Or I might not, since it's bullshit. But for fuck's sake, put your children in age-appropriate car sets and buckle them in properly!

• Upvote 17

She is arrogant and stupid. If these are the things she shows on social media, what is going on behind closed doors. They need some attention from the authorities charged with protecting children. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

There is absolutely no excuse for that child not to be in a carseat. It is the height of arrogant ignorance to not only risk your child's life that way, but to also try and defend it. 

What possible defense could one possibly have? 

It's totally okay that I outright risk my child's life because it's easier for me to take her out of her carseat than it is to use common sense and logic, stop at a rest stop and let her play for a bit. 

I don't think that when it comes to the health and welfare of a child or your child you should choose what is easy over what is right. 

It's child endangerment and neglect.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Mudgie said:

There is absolutely no excuse for that child not to be in a carseat. It is the height of arrogant ignorance to not only risk your child's life that way, but to also try and defend it. 

What are the chances that she & her husband were raised in and practice the "first time obedience" crap? Not that I think the kid should be beaten but one wonders about these people.

Also asking because one of the few inflexible rules we had as parents was that our child HAD to be in and stay in his carseat whenever he was in a moving vehicle. No exceptions. We didn't believe in corporal punishment of any kind so this involved, you know, being the adult and being consistent. Shocking practices, I know, but they worked.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic