IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 2: On to the Honeymoon Somewhere Warm

Coconut Flan

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I have this right...it was OK to discuss Steve's vasectomy during the wedding, and trot out the results of his liberated swimmers, but the audience would have been shitting themselves over an exposed shoulder or collarbone?

Yes, because he's a married man, and thus, it's a sanctified and holy penis used to glorify Jebus. (Having flashbacks of the Simpsons movie and Rod and Todd Flanders devoutly praying "Bountiful penis....")

It's still mindblowing to me. Anything even remotely sex related is satan tempting you, but sure, let's dry hump on the golf course and discuss vasectomies!  It's okay cause we're married!

My sister and I watched this together this afternoon! I loved the part where Chelsy and John ran out to get her vows. Steve & Terri's heads must have been exploding!!

I noticed when Melanie disappeared and wondered why she was gone for such a long time. She came back in about one minute after the drone returned to the back of the church. Do you think she was the one in charge of it? 

If I didn't know this was a legit wedding, I would have thought this was a picture from a school play, especially with the lack of a real altar. Prop dept.: haul in the old chifforobe! 

5a485cb685c17_ScreenShot2017-12-30at9_42_28PM.png.21a71ab71743f22343709c06bb97469d.png

3 minutes ago, Sister Mozz said:

I noticed when Melanie disappeared and wondered why she was gone for such a long time. She came back in about one minute after the drone returned to the back of the church. Do you think she was the one in charge of it? 

I saw one of her kids being taken out shortly before she left so I assumed it was to attend to that child, but who knows.

RE thread title - they are on what some would call a honeymoon, Thankyou very much.

4 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I saw one of her kids being taken out shortly before she left so I assumed it was to attend to that child, but who knows.

Probably still nursing.

21 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I think it was a little older.  Perhaps a restroom run.

Maybe Melanie used the time to fight back the nausea of thinking about Stevehovah's scrotum.

Well, if Chelsy is happy then I am happy for her but, wow, I did not expect a wedding like that. Sooo   stark and cold-looking. So much sermonizing  about private matters (Steve's vasectomy,  ewwwwh, so inappropriate).

The Labour Day weddings of the three Bontrager sons were very nice. Pretty, rustic  with a real wedding feel and as I recall in the double wedding, Mrs. Bontrager looked chic and lovely.  in this wedding, she and  Teri just looked dowdy as in,  OK it fits, it's  long enough, so it'll do. No real joy I could pick up.  This wedding seemed juvenile and careless.  The music was nice. Chelsy's dress was sure sparkly.  But I had really expected more from this wedding.  I hope this doesn't mean that C is already absorbed into the joyless Max borg.  sigh....

The reception pics will be interesting.

That’s a lovely dress!! Definitely the best of the Maxwell DILs so far. Didn’t see the ceremony so can’t comment on that. I like the colour of the bridesmaid dresses. Not so sure about the colour of the modesty panel, but it’s far from the worst thing about the wedding. If we were ever to collate a Top Ten WTF Fundie Weddings then this would be top, every time, for the crazy vasectomy speech alone.

Her dress is gorgeous...although these pictures confirm my suspicion that she can't stand up on her own. :pb_lol:

Aww her dress is so pretty and sparkly! 

So glad to have this thread today and read all the hilarious comments. I’m not the best commenter as so lazy and on phone and not witty but I do read and appreciate all of yours. 

Okay, now that I've seen the dress close up I don't love it quite so much (not really my style), but she looks very nice. I love the flower crown.

I watched the first 15 minutes of the wedding  . . . Then fell asleep for two hours (Thanks sinuses).

Y'all's commentaries were a trip though!

Her dress and the sparkly effect reminds me of fresh snow glistening in the sun (coincidence, or on purpose with the winter theme?).  I'm not sure about the sash/belt though ~ off to bed, then coming back to check out the acreengrabs of the wedding ;)

Were those pics taken after the ceremony? I notice that John does not have a wedding ring on in the first one.

I hope so. That much touching before the wedding? Quick, someone get me some pearls to clutch before I swoon!

3 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

I really like Chelsea’s dress. The flower crown works well with it. 

Are there any good pictures of the bridesmaids’ dresses?

Here ya go. It’s the best pic I could find of the bm dresses

72B42B72-DD33-4427-B10B-545691155AF7.png

I was going to snark on the fact that the dress looks too big for her but if she sewed that herself I can't talk lol.

59 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Her dress is gorgeous...although these pictures confirm my suspicion that she can't stand up on her own. :pb_lol:

I looked away for a moment toward the end of the wedding. When I looked back at the screen I yelled "WHAAAA....they're on the floor again?!?" It didn't look like they were kneeling for prayer, she was collapsed into him. 

Sorry if this has been discussed, but did Chelsy say exactly why she went barefoot for her wedding?  In Iowa? In December? In single digit temperatures? I really love shoes so I am not real objective, I know, but that dress would have looked so pretty with a pair of sparkly ballet flats, even something in plain satin. I would have gone with some glitzy heels but flats are more comfortable, especially if one....you know...prefers to wear no shoes at all. Just not my thing - the bare feet. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived