IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 8: Expecting the Expected (a Boy)

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

We had the warmest New Year Eve ever measured (it was 15 celsius here during the day, which is like 60F). I think North America stole all of our cold.

You can have it back.  

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

My dad and I went to Memphis, TN, for the Iowa State Bowl game, and I didn't know how good I had it at 35 degrees Fahrenheit. It's so cold outside my teeth hurt and my nose hairs are freezing over. Ugh.

We are going to Nashville next month, and I can't wait. I could handle some 35 degree temps.  My sister moved down there last summer and said when she was there last Feb it was in the 50's & 60's I could REALLY go for that. I used to love winter, but now I just hate it, and it just so freaking cold anymore, it never used to get THIS cold when I was kid in the 70's & 80's.

I don't think joy will have any say in the name therefore if it's a boy I think Austin will pick something outdoorsy sounding and if it's a girl something traditional. And joy will think it's wonderful.

8 hours ago, MakeItSo said:

my cousins in Saskatchewan often see temps around minus 20C during the winter months. Much milder here in southwest BC. I'm a "child of winter", playing hockey 10 months out of the year and snowboarding until the last speck of snow has melted, but even I think -20 (with a nice Sasky windchill, so it feels like -40) is where I have to draw the line.

I lived in Saskatoon for a year, and during the winter it went to -20C at the end of November, and never went above that until mid January.  So cold!  But  a beautiful place regardless.

On the topic of present temps--upstate NY and when I left for work this morning it was -22 without the wind chill!  Warmed up to a balmy 10.   WE are expecting more snow on Thursday, and the weatherman promises a COLDER front to follow!  What was I thinking in moving NORTH  LOL

I live in northern California, just north of Sacramento. We typically have highs of low 60s during the winter and mid to low 40s lows. This year the temperatures dropped a little to highs in the mid/high 50s and lows in the mid/low 30s, close to freezing. It has been getting a little warmer over the past week. I love our Mediterranean climate, until it gets to summer and we're always in the high 90s/100s. I feel for you guys. Stay warm :)

Southern Californian here, and I HATE the cold.  Anything under 74 and I need long sleeves.  I’m lucky to live in a warm climate.  

As far as sledding being dangerous, Mr. Luna worked somewhere were there was snow.  They had many many injuries from sledding. The worst was a lady sledded over a tree root and got her ass chopped off. Clear ripped off.  Never going to forget that. 

I'm in Kansas City now and danged if I wouldn't love to run into them. If they were making  some kind of appearance, I'd think they'd be advertising it

21 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Last night KC had a windchill, what it felt like, of -20 at midnight. It was too damn cold to be outside. 

Yesterday morning, there was a wind chill of nearly -50 c here. Today its warmer thank Rufus!

12 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

It's -1C here, so 31C. Pretty average! :P 

That's going to change soon right? I think you guys back there ( generally speaking of the whole province ) will be under warnings weather wise. I haven't watch NTV today, so depending on where you are,it might be rough for awhile.  I actually miss storms, feel free to send it my way. :my_smile:

27 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Yesterday morning, there was a wind chill of nearly -50 c here. Today its warmer thank Rufus!

That's going to change soon right? I think you guys back there ( generally speaking of the whole province ) will be under warnings weather wise. I haven't watch NTV today, so depending on where you are,it might be rough for awhile.  I actually miss storms, feel free to send it my way. :my_smile:

Under warnings make me giggle because we always are. They're only right once in a blue moon! :P 

Living in Saskatchewan is such fun, our extreme cold snap finally broke today. It has been -30 C or below for 10 days pretty much. With windchill it was down to -50 C for a couple of days. For me that means spending extra time outside looking after my livestock. On one of the -50 days I spent three hours outside unthawing a watering bowl. Today was -7 C, and I was so happy doing my chores. And so were the critters, dogs and cats were playing, sheep were running and leaping, hopefully it sticks around for a while.

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Under warnings make me giggle because we always are. They're only right once in a blue moon! :P 

Then again, the weather can change so quick back there. I'm used to blizzards, heavy rain and wind, sleet, all that weather, but the very high and low temps that is possible in Alberta...eff no, not even after 12 years of living here. 

1 minute ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Send some cold to this hell hole, today was 100°F. I hate it.

*Sends you some*

18 minutes ago, LuckyShot said:

Living in Saskatchewan is such fun, our extreme cold snap finally broke today. It has been -30 C or below for 10 days pretty much. With windchill it was down to -50 C for a couple of days. For me that means spending extra time outside looking after my livestock. On one of the -50 days I spent three hours outside unthawing a watering bowl. Today was -7 C, and I was so happy doing my chores. And so were the critters, dogs and cats were playing, sheep were running and leaping, hopefully it sticks around for a while.

It broke here in Southern Alberta too. Thank Rufus, at least I was able to go check the mail without fear of freezing while doing it.

It's not very cold here, but I recently read an article stating that we only had 5 hours of sunshine in all of December 2017 :my_confused:

9 minutes ago, SweetJuly said:

It's not very cold here, but I recently read an article stating that we only had 5 hours of sunshine in all of December 2017 :my_confused:

Sounds like Berlin. :pb_lol:

Last February in my area it was 55 and sunny one day and the following day it snowed almost a foot.  Talk about wacky weather. 

I'm an Aussie currently making my way from London to Edinburgh for a friends wedding. Back home its summer. When I reach Edinburgh, the highest it will get during my stay will Be 6 Celsius. I don't know how I'm going to deal, that's soooooo cold!!!

I'm such a desert rat it's not even funny. Just got back from central Alberta visiting the in laws and the day before we left I broke down in tears in my poor mother in laws driveway because it was too cold to make my hands buckle all the car seats and I wanted to go home :my_dodgy: Not my proudest moment. In my defense though it was -30 soooo..... We then spent three days driving less than 30 MPH through the most insane snow and ice I've ever seen and slid into a snow bank twice. Ya'll who spend your whole lives in that are my heroes. Every time the hubby talks about how nice it'd be to move back I have a very small, discreet panic attack. 

5 hours ago, brogue said:

I'm an Aussie currently making my way from London to Edinburgh for a friends wedding. Back home its summer. When I reach Edinburgh, the highest it will get during my stay will Be 6 Celsius. I don't know how I'm going to deal, that's soooooo cold!!!

Bless you, that is not cold. When we went out on New Year's Eve, it was -12 F which is a bit over -24 C. It is currently -10 C here. 

(For those Americans who don't want to look up the conversion, 6 C is almost 43 F. My husband would be wearing shorts at that temp). 

Chiming in from Connecticut. We usually have some cold days in the teens or single digits, but it’s usually not so early. This year started weird weather wise for us.

On a positive note, I’m hoping the frost and bitter cold will kill those goddamn ticks! Last winter wasn’t cold enough and the tick population exploded here. I was so worried about the baby getting Lyme Disease that I avoided the beautiful state park just minutes away from our house the entire summer. It’ll be really nice if we can take her there next spring without worrying. 

ETA: Regarding pregnancy avoidances... there are some things that really do need to be avoided - like smoking, doing drugs, or drinking hard liquor. Other than that, listen to your Doctor (or medical provider), trust your instincts, and don’t judge other expectant parents for making different choices than you (unless it’s a truly dangerous choice.) 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived