IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 8: Expecting the Expected (a Boy)

samurai_sarah

@RubyRei Thanks for the suggestions!  Unfortunately, Cetaphil has not worked.  I just don't think it has enough "oomph" in it, because it normally works great for me.  But I'll definitely look into the Queen Helene's masque.  I've used both a charcoal and a red clay masque that have helped some, so maybe this one would be the perfect match!  

Congrats @sparklymagie!  I'm so glad to hear that someone else loved that book too!  

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, sparklymagie said:

I loved this book.  I just gave birth yesterday (hello from my hospital bed with a sleeping newborn on my chest!) and I read that book during this pregnancy.  I liked taking ownership of my pregnancy instead of just blindly following what you're "supposed" to do. 

Congratulations! :tw_heart:

Thank you all!

12 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Congrats on your new squish! I'm on pregnancy number 2, so you think I could still benefit from reading that book? Always up for new reading material!

Yep, this is my second baby and I still found it very valuable 

Amy posted this, and I'm wondering how Kendra isn't freezing her ass off if she's in Kansas City. Also, Amy REALLY likes post pictures of her kissing her husband, huh?

I got the impression that the pic above was taken on the ski trip and then she and Husband went to KC with friends.  Drinking at Boulevard (local brewery) was involved (by him and the friends, her video said she doesn’t like beer)

8 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I got the impression that the pic above was taken on the ski trip and then she and Husband went to KC with friends.  Drinking at Boulevard (local brewery) was involved (by him and the friends, her video said she doesn’t like beer)

Ah, that makes more sense. I'm guessing VA isn't nearly as cold as MO/KS are rn, then?

I like Kendra's outfit with the slim knee length skirt, the cute boots, and the girly coloured plaid shirt. She does modern modest well. I'm not modest by any stretch, but have worn similar looks.

It's either too soon for her to be showing, or she doesn't carry as large as the Duggarettes. I'm predicting a more average sized baby from her, maybe 7 lbs, 10 oz. I think it will be a girl with a tryndy name.

On 12/29/2017 at 12:31 PM, JesSky03 said:

I'm 32 weeks pregnant after two losses, conceived via IUI, and I do daily blood thinner injections. Other than being on pelvic rest for a SCH early on, I have never had a specific conversation with either my RE or OB on things I should avoid. I have 3 indoor cats and I still change their litter multiple times per week. I helped my husband paint our shed at 12 weeks which meant a lot of reaching and bending. I've had sushi twice in just the last two weeks. I do heat up lunch meat even though I know the listeria risk is very small and I'm more likely to get it from vegetables. You could never convince me to eat my meat well done. There's a risk/benefit/reward to everything. Do whatever you are comfortable with. 

When my vet was pregnant- I worked for her at the time- she said that as long as the litter boxes were cleaned no less than every 24 hours, you wouldn't get toxoplasmosis. You can also buy the roll away litter boxes where you don't ever have to go treasure hunting. I love mine, and makes a daily clean out really easy.

My phone currently says Des Moines, Iowa, is -6 degrees Fahrenheit. And, my car is so frozen over it wouldn't start, even with using jumper cables. I HATE the polar vortex.

Re pregnancy do & don't, I got a list from my doctor at the beginning. I'm betting the list has changed in the last 13 years! My husband insisted in cleaning the litter box the whole pregnancy. Not my favorite chores so I was happy to let him do it.  

However, hubby also urged me to go on a 3 mile hike in the summer, when I was about 7 months pregnant. I went slow & felt like a hot whale the entire hike while he and a friend just strolled ahead.

bottom line - your body, your pregnancy, do what you can handle & feel comfortable with. Never let someone scare you out of doing something you feel ok with, even doctors can be overly cautious.

Do we have a permanent birt pool thread for Duggar grandbabies? I know that closer to the birth it usually happens on the couple's subtopic, and then a dedicated fj helpmeet (often @Carm_88) compiles them. Anyways, submitting my early guess:

July 4th, 2018, 5AM. Christina Liberty Duggar (Krystina Liburtee?). 7lbs,10oz. 

3 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

My phone currently says Des Moines, Iowa, is -6 degrees Fahrenheit. And, my car is so frozen over it wouldn't start, even with using jumper cables. I HATE the polar vortex.

I'm in DSM as well, and yeah, the temps are insane. hubby had to jump his company van this morning.  Temps tomorrow suck balls -14 when I leave for work in the morning.  I'm already sick of winter. 

7 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm in DSM as well, and yeah, the temps are insane. hubby had to jump his company van this morning.  Temps tomorrow suck balls -14 when I leave for work in the morning.  I'm already sick of winter. 

My dad and I went to Memphis, TN, for the Iowa State Bowl game, and I didn't know how good I had it at 35 degrees Fahrenheit. It's so cold outside my teeth hurt and my nose hairs are freezing over. Ugh.

I’m guessing Kendra may go with more of a “tryndy” name than Joy. I could see Joy going for unusual but not too out there, or alternately she could go very Biblical and traditional. 

It’s 4 degrees Celsius here so about 39 Fahrenheit. It’s 5:25am (yeah, I’m virtually nocturnal) so I’m not outside or anything. I’m not a fan of the cold. It barely snows in London, which would make things better. 

9 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Ah, that makes more sense. I'm guessing VA isn't nearly as cold as MO/KS are rn, then?

Last night KC had a windchill, what it felt like, of -20 at midnight. It was too damn cold to be outside. 

2 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

It's so cold outside my teeth hurt and my nose hairs are freezing over. Ugh.

You reminded me of something.

Spoiler

6e8db79ea60a43e90a820a311e9e44d4--calvin-and-hobbes-quotes-calvin-and-hobbes-comics.jpg.59f47536bd3377c87a34504c7c58a4bc.jpg

:my_biggrin:

(I hope you thawed okay!)

my cousins in Saskatchewan often see temps around minus 20C during the winter months. Much milder here in southwest BC. I'm a "child of winter", playing hockey 10 months out of the year and snowboarding until the last speck of snow has melted, but even I think -20 (with a nice Sasky windchill, so it feels like -40) is where I have to draw the line.

We had the warmest New Year Eve ever measured (it was 15 celsius here during the day, which is like 60F). I think North America stole all of our cold.

It was somewhere in I think the teens Fahrenheit on NYE in New York. I do not understand the million people who decided to be in Times Square. Why? Go inside. Watch the ball on TV. It will look the same and you'll have a better view and not be standing in frozen pee. 

I'm in New Jersey, it's freezing here. One year it was 70 degrees on Christmas Day. After the week we had of below 20 degrees temperatures I would love a 70 degree day. 

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

We had the warmest New Year Eve ever measured (it was 15 celsius here during the day, which is like 60F). I think North America stole all of our cold.

You are more than welcome to take your cold back :)

I'm in NY and the cold SUCKS.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived