IGNORED

FLDS Ritualistic Sexual Abuse of Young Girls Alleged in Lawsuit Filed 12/27

Trigger Warning - Sexual abuse

The information coming out is new and still just allegations at this point. This article is quite upsetting, this is a lawsuit filed this afternoon by the same lawyers who represented  Elissa Wall.  The unidentified victim, now 21,  alleges starting at the age of 8 she would be whisked from her home SEVERAL TIMES A WEEK, to secret locations to be sexually assaulted by several FLDS leaders in ritualistic ceremonies until the age of 12.   She later became a scribe to document the sexual abuse of other very young girls.   The lawyers claim that during a police raid, records were seized from an FLDS temple that support her claims. 

No charges have been filed and no news of any criminal investigations at this point as these allegations have just come to light. 

This article really hurt my heart.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/12/28/after-polygamist-leaders-used-underage-girls-for-sex-lawsuit-says-one-teen-was-forced-to-be-a-scribe-for-the-rituals/

If I’m remembering right, one of those rituals is described (a transcription from a tape recorder) in the book The Witness Wore Red.

Sickening stuff.

Wow that article is heartbreaking. I really hope the victim is successful. I wonder if a criminal case will happen.

I found this about the statute of limitations for rape, sexual abuse, etc in UTAH:

UTAH CODE ANN. § 76-1-301 No time limitations

for prosecution of the following offenses:

• Rape • Rape of a child • Object rape • Object rape of a child • Forcible sodomy • Sodomy on a child • Sexual abuse of a child • Aggravated sexual abuse of a child • Aggravated Sexual assault

information link: https://www.rainn.org/pdf-files-and-other-documents/Public-Policy/Legal-resources/2009-Statutes/09UtahStatutes.pdf

It’s heartbreaking. How did they go, in one generation, from misguided but well meaning religious loons to open sexual assault of little children?

I know life wasn’t perfect under Uncle Roy, and children were definitely exploited, abuse was hidden and underage marriage was normalised, but it’s a big step from that to this. And all the men responsible were fathers of many daughters. Just unbelievable.

There have been really sickening rumors about “seedbearers” and just some awful ritualistic sexual abuses going around for some time now. I don’t know if anyone follows Lindsey Hansen Park on Facebook, but she posted the Tribune article and implied in the comments that what we read there is just the tip of a giant, disgusting iceberg. I can hardly imagine it being worse. 

On 12/27/2017 at 11:12 PM, refugee said:

If I’m remembering right, one of those rituals is described (a transcription from a tape recorder) in the book The Witness Wore Red.

I listened to the book on tape and heard the recording that I think you're referring to. It was very disturbing - there's no way this wasn't more rampant than they claimed. Sadly, I'm not in the least surprised by any of these allegations.

And so much for all the men (Willie Jessop especially) who feigned shock when the Warren Jeffs/MJ tape came out and painted it as a perversion unique to Warren that horrified the rest of the community.

Heartbreaking.  So hoping that many more evil men go to prison for a long, long, time.  It won't be like the food stamp abuse case where one person is headed to prison and everyone else got a slap on the wrist with probation.  This would be hard time for many, many years. 

Much of FLDS is cracking and falling apart; I hope this is the beginning of the real end of FLDS. 

ETA: No way did this child's mother not know that something horrible was going on.

It’s just getting worse and worse. What I’m reading now suggests that these practices have been going on since well before Warren took over...decades of rampant abuse. 

2 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

It’s just getting worse and worse. What I’m reading now suggests that these practices have been going on since well before Warren took over...decades of rampant abuse. 

where are you reading new info? 

Wow.  This is horrific, but also sounds eerily reminiscent of other allegations. The Witness Wore Red discussed this, and the Seed Bearers rumor has been roaming around, too.  Wonder who out there is still clinging to the old FLDS beliefs and ideas.  While I hope this is the beginning of the end of the FLDS, I worry about the power vacuum left in its wake and the fragile state of the former followers.  There are lifetimes of conditioning and spiritual and emotional abuse to overcome.  I hope people are finding the help they need.

• 1 month later...

Archived