IGNORED

Chelsy and John's Wedding and the Aftermath

Palimpsest

12 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Let us fervently hope that this is FUN! @Palimpsest they all need some fun.. especially Sarah and Mary! The wedding is the 30th?

Here is my hope: someone sneaks in and empties a (large) flask of vodka (or some other similar beverage) into the fruit punch at the wedding. Then I hope that Steve et al all drink quite a bit of said punch. Then comes the dancing and unbuttoning of the buttons and letting down of the hair. Then I hope that Sarah and her sisters have such a good time that they look at each other and simultaneously say "why not go out next weekend too".  So they do and they have a great time again. The next thing we hear is that they've embarked on an exotic trip/enrolled in school/been hired for an exciting job. There Sarah meets a very nice person and the two decide to elope in Vegas. I'm expecting a wedding invitation if this happens.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lilith said:

It was THE DAY BEFORE. That was when Steve decided to “protect his children’s privacy” by not announcing engagements until the licence was signed, ring was on and marraige was consummated. Before that we got treated to every excruciating detail of debt free house purchase, no touch courtship, engagement and wedding planning (since scrubbed in the cases of Christopher’s  and Joseph’s failed courtships/engagements).

Edit to add - some FJers contacted Elizabeth Monk’s family to warn them off Maxhell, which I in no way condone and which I think had a lot to do with Steve getting much more circumspect about information release.

It was a week before the wedding, not the day before.

11 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’ve been stalking chelsy’s pinterest for Months to see if she pins  clues about the wedding style and decorations. So far the only wedding related thing are the the bridesmaids hairstyles. She wants braided, curly updos

her Pinterest is Chelsy Renee if anyone wants to lurk

So, apparently I. HAVE. NO. LIFE. AT. ALL. (except for two presentations that are due after Christmas break, the fact that working out after eating non-stop since the 24th might be wise, etc.) and clicked through Chelsy's Pinterest account the last 45 minutes. I found some nice little tidbits that would make Steve go nuts.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/537546905507401754/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/537546905507401765/

And LOTS of really cute outfits involving PANTS!!

Of course there are also links to some pretty misogynistic posts about modesty and dressing in a way that doesn't create any attention to your body, but after all she is still raised fundie.

Anyway, I'm really excited about the wedding and hope I'll be able to watch it afterwards.

(I would have loved to post pictures, but I still don't know how that works) 

So excited to see Chelsy's dress! I am really counting on a whole winter wonderland theme which will be a nice comparison to the recent Tori Bates wedding. I would LOVE to see a faux fur stole, though not going to count on it.

bridal-fur-stole-ivory-faux-fur-shawl-wedding-winter-jacket-wrap-white-cape-evening-shrug-bolero-bridesmaid-accessories.jpg.b5c0d50593117f4b7b8b85611305c858.jpg

Definitely expecting something better than the last 3 Maxwell brides whose dresses I rank as such:

1. Melanie: Actually looked like quite pretty and her t-shirt dress didn't look like a horrendously altered monstrosity, but actually like that was its deliberate style. It has an attached train with a bow on the back that looks great from the front and back. Generally a classic look and fitting to the year (2002, looks very late-90's), she looks young, fresh, and sweet. 7 out of 10

258.jpg285.jpg297.jpg

2. Elissa: I'm not into the tiara look, it makes her look like a little girl playing dress up. I also don't like the gathered to the side dress style and she has an obvious modesty panel, but at least it's slightly fitted. 4 out of 10

By the way how gorgeous does Mary look in this picture? She'd make a stunning bride if Steve will ever allow her out of the house, and I actually kind of like the green/purple BM color palette:

JandE-96-266x400.jpg

3. Anna: they just had to choose/alter something to add a whole bunch of weight to her for the sake of modesty, didn't they. Poor girl looks ready to pop out her future quiver of children at the end of her wedding day. I do like the lace, and could like the hairstyle if it wasn't her everyday slightly FLDS prairie look. Also not into a bride with a bare face, which I know is deliberately done to further emphasize her super modesty. The pale green BM palette also washed out all the girls. 2 out of 10

DSC_5748.jpg

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I imagine Chelsy will wear something similar to this. A higher neck line though. If she bends over then Steve might start to weep in the middle of the reception. And no one wants that. 

Oh, honey, I do want that

Melanie’s dress is very pretty.  I would give her a 9 out of 10.  The only reason I did not give her a 10 is the veil.  She should have had a simple wreath of flowers with a train.  

Anna’s dress is a hideous mess.  It is remarkable it turned out so poor given her sewing skills (she made a men’s shirt - yikes!).  The no makeup thing is ridiculous.  White washes just about anyone out.  She is a very pretty girl. I am surprised Christopher did not run when she came down the aisle. I guess love is blind.   Anna needed a professional makeup artist to give her the no makeup makeup look. 

Elissa’s dress is off.  The dress is wearing her - not her wearing the dress. The dress is designed for someone 5’ 10” not 5’ 2”!  Elissa would have looked very pretty in a well fitted princess dress or in Melanie’s dress with an updated headpiece.  

I am sure Chelsy’s dress will be pretty.  Her mom nor her sister will not let her go down the aisle looking like the bride of Frankenstein.

As satisfying as the thought of Steve weeping is I would also settle for him melting away like the guy at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark as he realizes his control is not absolute.

Free Them All:  The fun fur wrap and the entire look is just beautiful. It has the eutherian look of Narnia or Frozen. I would love to overnight mail her the wrap! 

Anna Marie is so beautiful that I'm almost irritated at that dress. It is like a sack! It's hiding her beauty not accentuating it!

I won't be able to watch the live stream but I trust some of you will take screenshots and post them? ;)

i like Melanie's dress with the wider neckline; it keeps the short sleeves from looking too  t-shirty.  i also like the narrow skirt.  

Elissa's princess look is mostly pretty, but not for me.  i hope it was something she truly wanted and that it wasn't pushed on her.

Anna Marie's dress is tragic.  i like her veil, but i agree that the updo is her every-day style and doesn't match the formality of the event.  the dress itself is on par with Anna Duggar's.  it's more like what a 5yo girl would draw when imagining her own wedding.

12 hours ago, sleepy_doggos said:
12 hours ago, Rear Window said:
Do the Maxwells go on honeymoons? I can’t remember anything in the past. I imagine if they do, it can’t be anywhere fun. Maybe they’ll honeymoon at their new house? 

They'll probably go to Colorado and hike /s

I found some ideas for a CO honeymoon. (Courtesy of Colorado Highlife Tours).  :obscene-smokingweed:

http://coloradohighlifetours.com/

I love the material used on Melanie's dress. Change the dress to long sleeves and alter it to be a bit more fitted and it would be stunning. 

I find it really sad that in this day and age, in a community like this, people are criticizing a woman for not wearing makeup on her wedding day. NR Anna never wears makeup. Why on earth would she have worn any when she got married? What an appalling, sexist standard. If you want to wear makeup when you get married, wear makeup. Let other women do what they want to do and reserve your petty, misogynistic judgements.

2 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

As satisfying as the thought of Steve weeping is I would also settle for him melting away like the guy at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark as he realizes his control is not absolute.

Or the head explosion. Either will do!!

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I find it really sad that in this day and age, in a community like this, people are criticizing a woman for not wearing makeup on her wedding day.

Agreed.  Thank you.  It really begins to fall into BEC territory too, as do other petty remarks about personal appearance.   http://www.freejinger.org/faq/8-guidelines/#elQuestion-129

Please keep the majority of your comments/snark based on the beliefs/ideology/philosophy of the people who you are speaking about.   It is natural for a snark site to have some "bitch eating crackers" (BEC*) type commentary and that is fine, but please make it the exception, not the rule.

IMO, it is fun to snark about the possibility of Chelsy making Steve's head explode with her fashion choices because his standards of modesty are bloody weird, even for a Fundie. 

However, It gets really old when people endlessly critique and rank hair, make-up (or lack thereof) and past wedding dresses (modest or not) using current fashion as a standard. 

I hope all the Maxwell brides felt beautiful on their wedding days, even if some people want to say they looked awful.  I thought NR Anna's ultra-modest dress was perfectly nice, given who she is, and that she looked beautiful.  

That said:  I think Chelsy would look great in a fake fur wrap but I'm still worried about her shoes.  I want to toss a coin over whether she is going to wear white yeti-pelt Uggs or white Wellies on her feet.  I'm sure white Wellies exist and would be great for a farm girl like Chelsy.

NR-Anna’s dress might have been the most ‘frumpy’ but that’s representative of who she is, she’s the “fundiest” of the Maxwell DILs. Some love to dress up and go for the sooper-dooper-sparkles-and-pizzazz look but others don’t. 

I agree that the pale green BM dresses weren’t great, though. I quite liked the shade of green worn for Elissa’s wedding. They’ve done green the past two weddings now so I wonder what Chelsy will go for. Maybe pink or blue. 

NR-Anna’s dress might have been the most ‘frumpy’ but that’s representative of who she is, she’s the “fundiest” of the Maxwell DILs. Some love to dress up and go for the sooper-dooper-sparkles-and-pizzazz look but others don’t. 
I agree that the pale green BM dresses weren’t great, though. I quite liked the shade of green worn for Elissa’s wedding. They’ve done green the past two weddings now so I wonder what Chelsy will go for. Maybe pink or blue. 
I'm guessing blue. Or red! That would be sassy

I’m going to guess we’re not going to get much info about the wedding at all on the Maxwell blog. Instead, when the couple return from their honeymoon there will be a post showing pics of Mary’s lettering skills on the front storm door, the grandkids holding Welcome Home signs that they made, and a dinner ffor the couple prepared by NR Anna. They’ll also inform us that while C&J were away the Maxwells continued working on the house, no doubt redoing some things the way they (Steve and Terie) want them and not the way Chelsy wants them. 

I’m guessing red, just because there’s so many possibilities for a winter wedding. And because it’s the most un-Maxwellian of colors. 

20 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I forgot a really burning question - will Chelsy wear shoes? [snip]

This is my first time really reading anything about these two families, and that was my first (and only) question after seeing the engagement photos. I was gonna ask!  :pb_lol: 

ETA:

Oh, also, I love how on the Things To Do list, the Things are "drink coffee."  I couldn't help but chuckle a bit. I forget what living in a small town is like sometimes. :confusion-shrug: 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I’m guessing red, just because there’s so many possibilities for a winter wedding. And because it’s the most un-Maxwellian of colors. 

I've hoped since they announced a December wedding, that she would choose emerald green BM dresses and red rose bouquets. With gold a few gold accents here and there. 

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

I think that red bridemaids dresses would be really nice. 

Long red dresses and handmaiden-type bonnets? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived