IGNORED

Sexist Orange Fart Cloud supporter created bots to tank Last Jedi's rankings

47of74

Yeah, an Orange Fart Cloud snowflake couldn't stand the idea of seeing strong women on the big screen.

A self-described member of the “alt-right” has taken credit for tanking Rotten Tomatoes’ score for “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” with bots — and he did so because he’s angry about the producers’ decision to cast more women in the film.

As Huffington Post reports, the moderator of the Facebook page “Down With Disney’s Treatment of Franchises and its Fanboys” claims he unleashed bots on Rotten Tomatoes because Lucasfilm, the production house owned by Star Wars creator George Lucas, was intent on pursuing “their own feminst [sic] agenda.”

“I’m sick and tired of men being portrayed as idiots,” the page’s moderator told HuffPost. “There was a time we ruled society and I want to see that again. That is why I voted for Donald Trump.”

On December 12, the CEO of Fandango (who owns Rotten Tomatoes) tweeted praise for the film, which received a rare 93% approval rating and was “certified fresh” almost immediately.

Hell's bells, this guy's grandma must live in my town! She sends rambling letters to the newspaper where she defends Trump, and blames women and minorities for all of the world's problems.

I just wanted to say that I gave the Last Jedi a 1 star review too - but not because of "powerful women" in the story, but because it seemed to reduce every role to mere caricature, including powerful women.  I don't think the reaction and ratings of the fans is the work of a crazy anti-feminist patriarch.

The film was visually stunning.  But at the end of the movie, I walked out saying "meh".   The Force Awakens made me love Rey.  But the Last Jedi - all the characters were written as flat - including Kylo Ren.  I'll probably see Episode IX - but mostly because I want to see if JJ Abrams can redeem Star Wars for me.  I don't plan on wasting time on Rian Johnson's trilogy.

Archived