IGNORED

United States Congress of Fail - Part 4

Coconut Flan

A quick reminder of the consequences of said shithole shutdown.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Howl said:

tick tock tick tock.....

You know in a thunderstorm how you count the seconds after a lightning flash till you hear the thunder.  Well... BOOM.

Now what?

Something is going on, but I’m not sure what. They’re all milling around talking to each other, there are secret meetings between Schumer and McTurtle in cloakrooms. 8 minutes till midnight...

Slanders put out an official statement blaming the Democrats, of course. So much for her boss stating that it all, good and bad, falls on the leader. Oh wait, right, fake news.

Hopefully they can all compromise on a workable deal and the shutdown doesn’t last too long, but hey, how does it feel, Caligula? Happy 1 year anniversary! For your first year in office, you’ve gifted your country with a government shutdown. How very “art of the deal” of you.

McConnell is such an asshat.  If the so called president hadn't flip flopped yet again, there would  have been agreement in place.  He said bring me a bi-partisan deal and he'd sign it, well it was brought and what happened ... oh yeah, the shithole meeting. 

How about congress put forth a budget ... why can't they do their job, where's the wringing of hands and blame for that.  How long have they had the majority and can't even bring a full budget to vote?

If the so called president hadn't cancelled DACA in the first place, half this mess wouldn't exist.  But he's so singularly focused in undoing ANYTHING Obama put in, signed, created, that he cut his nose off to spite his face.   Happy Anniversary Idiot!

F@#%.

So mad right now.  The R's could have funded CHIP.  But they deliberately waited for this moment so they could pit CHIP recipients and DACA recipients against each other, and make the rest of the public have to decide who they support more.  And then they claim that the D's are the ones failing to support children and vets.

What's that gif?  Flames, flames on the side of my face?

@#^#$%&^&*(*(()_(&*^%T%^%@@#$

Thoughts to all government workers and contractors right now. 

Pardon my French but I think that a failing country that can't fund basic government services definitely counts as a shithole

Why stop at that? Why not make being poor a felony for citizens too? It would solve a lot of their problems

Hey ya’ll! My first post here.  I’ve been out of the news and politics for the last year under a self-made rock.

Who else isn’t working Monday?

Hope it was a nice rock.

You may have thought that the shutdown mainly inconveniences ordinary hard working Americans but you would be wrong, as the members of the Congress are also suffering grievously:

I swear I saw McTurtle on TV this morning bitching about the shut down. Uh, after he voted against the bill. If I didn't know better I'd say he wanted to make sure it didn't pass so he could blame the Democrats. He does know we can see what he does, doesn't he?

I had to stop watching this morning.  I honestly thought Paul Ryan & Mitch McConnell were going to start crying about the mean old Dems not passing their bill thru the senate.  How could they defund the poor helpless sick little children, how could they defund the military that protect us all. Why couldn't they just pass the bill and trust that they'll work on the DACA issue and get it solved before the 15Mar deadline? 

GEE Paul, I don't know ... maybe its the fact that the Repubs have been in power for the last 3 years ... you know, the last 3 years that have continued without a proper budget because you can't all agree and get your heads out of your asses long enough to come up with a budget to pass thru the house, senate and put on the presidents desk! 

Hey, I have an idea, how about not tying those issues to ANOTHER CR to hold the Dems hostage, fair play, I think NOT!

Like I read upthread and elsewhere, the US is supposed to be the best country in the world, yet can't get the simplest things done as a majority and refer to others as shitholes ... take a look in the mirror before condemning any other country for how they treat their people and run their government, your reflection is not looking so good there sweetheart.   /rant

6 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Hey ya’ll! My first post here.  I’ve been out of the news and politics for the last year under a self-made rock.

I hope you will be ok.  

1 hour ago, BecauseScience said:

I hope you will be ok.  

Thanks. Honestly I’m fortunate in that we have savings and my husband works for the civilian side. 

However, I do have many friends who are extremely worried that are affected with insurance, etc.  I’m much more worried for our citizens than myself.

(If only certain people felt the same way!!!!!!!)

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hope it was a nice rock.

It’s been nice. 

I’ve voted in all my local elections since the last pres election.  I previously did not.

I had to stay off the news for my sanity.  One day at a time.

And of course the racists in the GOP still want to blame President Obama for this fuck up

MSNBC White House reporter Kristen Welker didn’t let Rep. Diane Black (R-TN) blame the government shutdown on former President Barack Obama on Saturday and reminded the congresswoman that the shutdown is taking place when her party is currently in control of all three branches of government.

Black said that the “root cause” of the shutdown mess was that then-President Barack Obama exceeded his authority by writing and passing the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Act (DACA), which granted a path to citizenship for undocumented people who were brought to the U.S. as children.

DACA, Black said, “was not under his jurisdiction. It is under the House and Senate’s jurisdiction. It’s the legislature that makes that decision.”

“Congresswoman, the fact does remain that the Republicans have control of the White House, the House and the Senate,” said Welker. “So how does your party not bear responsibility for this shutdown?”

Like I've said before, I'm not a Bernie fan per se, so that's not why I'm posting this. But fore me, as a foreigner, it does give me insight into this whole shutdown kerfuffle, and a counter argument to what the Repugs are saying.

Oh. Yeah, and they still blame it on the Dems, of course. 

I am really beginning to believe that this shutdown really is meant to be a distraction from the Mueller investigation. 

8 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

I swear I saw McTurtle on TV this morning bitching about the shut down. Uh, after he voted against the bill. If I didn't know better I'd say he wanted to make sure it didn't pass so he could blame the Democrats. He does know we can see what he does, doesn't he?

He voted against his own bill? What the actual fuck?

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Like I've said before, I'm not a Bernie fan per se, so that's not why I'm posting this. But fore me, as a foreigner, it does give me insight into this whole shutdown kerfuffle, and a counter argument to what the Repugs are saying.

I preferred Sanders over Clinton in the primary, but voted Blue in the general of course. One thing I liked about him, was he had the balls to stand up and call out the word "Oligarchy".  Of course now I'd call it a kleptocracy as well. 

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

He voted against his own bill? What the actual fuck?

I know! I just don't get it. They are all vying for Dump's favoritism. Kelly, Miller, McTurtle, they all want to make him believe they are supporting his agenda, but they're just trying to front theirs and they know he'll shoot off his big mouth and blame the Democrats if they give him the fake ammunition.

13 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

I may have to work even if I don't get paid. I probably won't know until Sunday night or even Monday morning. Even if I'm furloughed, I still have to make the 1 1/2 commute to sign paper work. I'm the principle earner in my family, and am trying to to hyperventilate 24/7.  

I need to put things in perceptive. I've been lucky to have been able to save enough to keep us afloat for a new months. The person next to me on the subway, in front of me at the grocery store, living down the hall, or the kid sitting next to my kid in school my not last even a month with out a pay check. 

The average Federal worker is not some rich fat cat.  He or she is just some average dude, trying ot make a living.  And it is not just the feds who will be hurt.  All the people down the line will feel the pain. Lunch places down town, people who clean offices, grocery store workers all the people who work in the services industry which depend upon our business.  They will be hurt and hurt badly.

ETA: @OhNoNike. I wish I'd been able to stay away from news and politics. I freak out, cry, shake, yell and panic every time I do. But I can't stop reading, looking, watching.  I was raised by two political and news junkies.  I grew up with the Watergate hearings playing on the radio and TV all day long. I've become my parents. My teenager keeps telling m e to stop reading about Trump because as she said "You just get a panic attack mom, you should stop".  She is right, I should. But I'm afraid the not knowing is worse.

On 1/13/2018 at 5:29 PM, fraurosena said:

Buh-bye, Malfoy wannabe!

Now to get him to leave congress. That would be a banner day for our country,

On 1/19/2018 at 5:16 PM, fraurosena said:

A quick reminder of the consequences of said shithole shutdown.

It is likely the government employees will be paid retroactively. However, all the contractors will likely not be paid. Plus, all the ancillary service people -- think food truck people, local restaurants, etc -- won't get anything.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived