IGNORED

Babies By the Bushel: Upcoming Babies 9

Bethella

Kori Wissmann is pregnant. She and Andrew have been married since 2009 and from some of the comments on her insta, I'd guess they had trouble conceiving.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Kori Wissmann is pregnant. She and Andrew have been married since 2009 and from some of the comments on her insta, I'd guess they had trouble conceiving.

Yeah, they announced on Christmas Day. They mentioned it being a rainbow baby, so she's had at least one miscarriage.

On 04/01/2018 at 12:23 PM, anjulibai said:

Bryn's got a few months of marriage on Chelsy, so I'm guessing Bryn will announce first. But Chelsy won't be far behind. 

It wouldn’t suprise me if Brynn was willing to use NFP, if Mitchell allows it. There’s no way the other girls will - I agree that Cassidy is likely to announce within the month. But I wouldn’t be shocked if Chelsy is pregnant before Brynn and Brynn isn’t pregnant til the second half of this year.

Also - does anyone think Carolina and Carson will continue the Bowers C name theme?

I hope they won't continue that name theme. Especially with the letter "C". Fertile Courtney is the best reason NOT to do that. Although they probably don't know her. I think they'll choose biblical and traditional names.

45 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I hope they won't continue that name theme. Especially with the letter "C". Fertile Courtney is the best reason NOT to do that. Although they probably don't know her. I think they'll choose biblical and traditional names.

There are a lot of decent C names out there, Courtney just doesn't choose them. 

I just hope they stick to either a hard C or a soft C. I hate when, in a name theme, they change. The Pecans do that. Paul and Phillip are nice names, but they don't go together if your theme is P names. 

48 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

There are a lot of decent C names out there, Courtney just doesn't choose them. 

I just hope they stick to either a hard C or a soft C. I hate when, in a name theme, they change. The Pecans do that. Paul and Phillip are nice names, but they don't go together if your theme is P names. 

I actually like changing the sound in a name theme. I'm not a big fan of theme names in general (they're fun to watch, but my ex was from a theme family and I wouldn't wish it on anyone), so maybe that's why "loopholes" that lend more variety make me happy.

2 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

I actually like changing the sound in a name theme. I'm not a big fan of theme names in general (they're fun to watch, but my ex was from a theme family and I wouldn't wish it on anyone), so maybe that's why "loopholes" that lend more variety make me happy.

LOL, I can see that. I'm not a fan of letter themes, but my sense of order makes me hate these loopholes. 

I think name themes work when the theme isn't too in your face. Like, Nathan and Melanie Maxwell's ABC theme works because the names are all different enough from each other, and you really only detect the theme when looking at the spelling. 

Cassidy and Carolina have a younger sister named Crosby. I really hope they don't have the same taste in names as their parents...

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Cassidy and Carolina have a younger sister named Crosby. I really hope they don't have the same taste in names as their parents...

They have a son called Crockett too. The older girls got off easy with their C names.

4 minutes ago, lilith said:

They have a son called Crockett too. The older girls got off easy with their C names.

Their oldest 3 are Carolina, Cassidy, and Charlie. Then they went off the deep end and just started coming up with the weirdest c names they could find. I'm pretty sure one is named curmudgeon. 

Ok I'm lying but you kind of believed me for a second didn't you?

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Their oldest 3 are Carolina, Cassidy, and Charlie. Then they went off the deep end and just started coming up with the weirdest c names they could find. I'm pretty sure one is named curmudgeon. 

Ok I'm lying but you kind of believed me for a second didn't you?

There’s a Christian in there, which is pretty normal. But Carver? And waiting like 15 years for another girl and calling her fucking Crosby?

4 minutes ago, lilith said:

There’s a Christian in there, which is pretty normal. But Carver? And waiting like 15 years for another girl and calling her fucking Crosby?

That's right. They went normal with 4 kids and then named their kids Carver, Crockett, Campbell, Chapman, and Crosby. Which are all fine as last names but are not my favorite first names. 

11 hours ago, lilith said:

I don't follow this family, but I'd say odds are good she was named after Fanny Crosby, the blind hymn writer.

I actually don't think Crosby is all that bad - I've heard so much worse - but Crockett?! Come on!!!

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I actually don't think Crosby is all that bad - I've heard so much worse - but Crockett?! Come on!!!

If I was his sibling I would call him Country Crock just to annoy him.

None of those names bother me thaaaaaat much, besides probably setting their bearers up for a lifetime of repetitive lame jokes and teasing.

I think Carver is absolutely awful. To me, it seems the same as calling your child Butcher.

Chapman is my next worse name out of the lot, particularly as they call him Chap for short. As a Brit, to me a chap is slang for a man or person (so calling a person 'Chap' is the same as calling him 'Person'), plus it also makes me think of chapped lips. 

23 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

I think Carver is absolutely awful. To me, it seems the same as calling your child Butcher.

Chapman is my next worse name out of the lot, particularly as they call him Chap for short. As a Brit, to me a chap is slang for a man or person (so calling a person 'Chap' is the same as calling him 'Person'), plus it also makes me think of chapped lips. 

I feel that way about the name Guy. The nick name Chappie wouldn't be too bad. Do they call Campbell "Camp?" Do they call Crockett "Crock?" Crosby is just so masculine to me. I would've switched Crosby and Campbell. At least you can call a girl named Campbell "Bell" and it wouldn't seem weird.

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel that way about the name Guy. The nick name Chappie wouldn't be too bad. Do they call Campbell "Camp?" Do they call Crockett "Crock?" Crosby is just so masculine to me. I would've switched Crosby and Campbell. At least you can call a girl named Campbell "Bell" and it wouldn't seem weird.

At least Guy was a well-established personal name long before the slang term came into use. Chappie would be almost as bad as Chap over here because of the slang term 'cheeky chappy/ie'! I agree, I would have assumed that Campbell was the girl and Crosby the boy. Campbell has shot up the baby name charts for girls in recent years.

3 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

At least Guy was a well-established personal name long before the slang term came into use. Chappie would be almost as bad as Chap over here because of the slang term 'cheeky chappy/ie'! I agree, I would have assumed that Campbell was the girl and Crosby the boy. Campbell has shot up the baby name charts for girls in recent years.

I called my boys cheekie chappies when they were babies. Never considered making it their actual names though.

And when I hear Crosby I’m mentally waiting to hear “Stills and Nash (and Young).

2 hours ago, lilith said:

I called my boys cheekie chappies when they were babies. Never considered making it their actual names though.

And when I hear Crosby I’m mentally waiting to hear “Stills and Nash (and Young).

When I hear Crocket I hear "Davey, Davey Crocket, king of the wild frontier" in my head. Since they don't go to actual schools there won't be playground taunts as such, but I'd bet I am not the only one - nor you - who get such things in their heads. 

2 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

When I hear Crocket I hear "Davey, Davey Crocket, king of the wild frontier" in my head. Since they don't go to actual schools there won't be playground taunts as such, but I'd bet I am not the only one - nor you - who get such things in their heads. 

Most of their names are decent playground fodder. Crockett could be Davey Crockett or Country Crock or just plain Crock which isn't nice. Then Crosby makes me think of Crosby Stills and Nash plus Bing Crosby and it's close to Cosby. Campbell would most likely be called Campbell's Soup. Carver is just odd because I guess he carves things but kids might not think up terrible ways to make fun of him. Chapman could be called Chapstick or Chapped Man. 

Its just odd because there are so many nice C names. Many of my favorite names start with the letter C. It's like Courtney with all her terrible C named children. She had so many opportunities to give them nice C names. 

I will add the Bowers family also had two second trimester losses they named Courage and Columbus. 

Both of their losses were at the tail end of their reproductive years. I think there are probably more fundies that have losses in their 40s that we don't know about. I think it's likely that is what has happened when suddenly a quiverful family has no more children after they hit 40. People probably assume they went down in fertility due to age but I suspect most are still fertile but have losses. The rate of loss is so much higher in your 40s. I keep that in mind when I guess how many children a fertile fundie mom will have. Although modern medicine could help some women due to issues like certain hormones being too low to sustain a pregnancy. 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived