IGNORED

Counting on Season 4- Part 4: Duggar Time or Watching Paint Dry

samurai_sarah

We already know what they will cover. 90% will be recaps of previous seasons, 5% will be talking heads about the previous seasons or them saying, "gee Davey, I have no idea what x is." Another 2% will be shots of cows and fields followed by another 2% of material we already knew from their Instagram, and the other 1%will be new material where the faithful fjers  try to decipher the real feelings of the Duggar family behind their perfect masks.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's wedding prep for Joe and Kendra , I will have to boycott! I just can't go through another back - asswards wedding prep... with giggling to boot!

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Don't forget "we plan to adopt".

Wait...

If she's not PG, and HWS is >9 months of age, they could adopt, right????

3 hours ago, JMO said:

No way!  I can't really read the list so I'm going to trust you on this.  We joke on here about that name, Were they really considering it?!?  

Its on the list. Its the last name I can make out. I wish I could figure out the rest of the names especially the one that looks like it ends in 'ssa'. 

1 hour ago, Firebird said:

We already know what they will cover. 90% will be recaps of previous seasons, 5% will be talking heads about the previous seasons or them saying, "gee Davey, I have no idea what x is." Another 2% will be shots of cows and fields followed by another 2% of material we already knew from their Instagram, and the other 1%will be new material where the faithful fjers  try to decipher the real feelings of the Duggar family behind their perfect masks.

One thing for certain, with the Dullards out of the picture we won't have film of Dickhead puking on the side of the road.  

8 hours ago, MoonFace said:

One thing for certain, with the Dullards out of the picture we won't have film of Dickhead puking on the side of the road.  

Seriously! Only famewhore fundies would think going on TV would be the way to solve your medical issues. I still feel like him thinking it was a good idea to film a scene of himself puking, then burping while puking was the moment he lost his fucking mind and was never going to get it back.

15 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Its on the list. Its the last name I can make out. I wish I could figure out the rest of the names especially the one that looks like it ends in 'ssa'. 

Jenessa? I actually know a Jenessa.

32 minutes ago, Dogalog said:

I'd call my daughter Jasmine, Jacqueline, Julia, Jemima, Jessica, Judith, Juliet or Justine before I'd name them Jinger.

I can understand your point. For some reason personally, I don't mind the name Jinger. "Jinge" is kind of a fun nickname. Now the name Joy-Anna on the other hand, I just find awkward to say. Not that any of the Duggar offspring can help what their name is. Jasmine would have been a pretty name!

9 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Did they ever figure out what the issue was? I kind of wonder if it could be psychosomatic. 

As far as I remember it was related to exercise and food. I think intense exercise combined with specific foods would cause him to get sick, I know a few posters on here have spoken about personal experiences with this and one of them may be able to explain better. 

3 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I can understand your point. For some reason personally, I don't mind the name Jinger. "Jinge" is kind of a fun nickname. Now the name Joy-Anna on the other hand, I just find awkward to say. Not that any of the Duggar offspring can help what their name is. Jasmine would have been a pretty name!

Me too. At least its not the same like Joy-Anna and Johannah or Joseph, Josiah and Josie. But I do find it odd that it came before a Jennifer and Johanna. Most people would use up Jennifer, Johanna and maybe even Jinger before going to names that sounded similar to their other daughters names. Same with their sons.   

On 12/21/2017 at 3:45 PM, SorenaJ said:

Names the Duggars have used that are all variants of the same name:
John, Jana, Johanna, Jackson 
Joseph, Josie 

I never thought of it that way before, but Jana and John, twins, literally just have the appropriately gendered version of the same name 

(Also, I have always wondered if the Duggars uniquely decided to change the pronunciation of her name to match -to anglicize the /J/ sound- or if it's just a more common variant in the US)

14 minutes ago, seraaa said:

I never thought of it that way before, but Jana and John, twins, literally just have the appropriately gendered version of the same name 

(Also, I have always wondered if the Duggars uniquely decided to change the pronunciation of her name to match -to anglicize the /J/ sound- or if it's just a more common variant in the US)

Like saying it like "Yahna?" That would be pretty unusual in the US (though I do have a cousin named "Johanna" pronounced like "Yohahna"). The way they pronounce "Jana" is definitely the most common.

1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

Like saying it like "Yahna?" That would be pretty unusual in the US (though I do have a cousin named "Johanna" pronounced like "Yohahna"). The way they pronounce "Jana" is definitely the most common.

Yes!

I wondered because I am not in the US, and all the Janas I've come across pronounce it the European way

What I don't get is that while all the other reality shows rely on conflict and drama, where producers magnify or even create more drama, CO pretends everything is fine in Duggarville. 

I'm not saying making conflicts worse or profiting from drama is ethical, but selling this fake idea about a perfect family when in reality the Duggars' ideals are very destructive, is worse. TLC is very complicit in painting fundamental Evangelical Christianity in a positive light and in marketing it towards a large public.

21 hours ago, Queen said:

What I don't get is that while all the other reality shows rely on conflict and drama, where producers magnify or even create more drama, CO pretends everything is fine in Duggarville. 

I'm not saying making conflicts worse or profiting from drama is ethical, but selling this fake idea about a perfect family when in reality the Duggars' ideals are very destructive, is worse. TLC is very complicit in painting fundamental Evangelical Christianity in a positive light and in marketing it towards a large public.

Id be more interested in seeing them actually prepare a meal - a real meal and see someone set the table and all sit down to a family meal. 

I picture food (tator tot casserole and whatever slop they lay out) and everyone grabbing a paper plate and plastic utensils like they are in a school cafeteria.   

It would be interesting to follow ME around for a day that is not part of a script to see if she actually does anything with those kids. 

You know - a REAL day in the life.  

But we all know that won't ever happen. 

I'd like to see Joy & Austin fixing up their house. If Jana WANTS to, I'd love to see her plan her garden and what she does for it.  What the married and unmarried kiddults do all day for work, not pretend work REAL work. 

I wonder if they will show Amy and the gang going snow tubing? They flew to the resort. Interesting how the Duggars fly all over now, yet in their 14/15/16 Kids and Counting days the whole family were shown barfing from air sickness. Was that cured or faked for the cameras? 

On 12/21/2017 at 1:54 PM, SassyPants said:

Wait...

If she's not PG, and HWS is >9 months of age, they could adopt, right????

I think they can technically start the process at that point but it'll take awhile and she's likely to get pregnant again before they complete the process. 

On 12/31/2017 at 5:56 PM, Markie said:

I wonder if they will show Amy and the gang going snow tubing? They flew to the resort. Interesting how the Duggars fly all over now, yet in their 14/15/16 Kids and Counting days the whole family were shown barfing from air sickness. Was that cured or faked for the cameras? 

Maybe they just pack lots of dramamine? And I guess it's possible to acclimatize; that can happen with seasickness.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2017 at 5:20 AM, Firebird said:

I still think they should have had a Jezebel. it is biblical after all

It follows the EL pattern just like Samuel or Israel.  I think I'm getting a little loopEL.  Too much reading with the wrong glasses.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived