IGNORED

Dillards 47: Tweeting Twit

samurai_sarah

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to compliment @ViolaSebastian for being so classy. 

And for the record...the butthurt discussion broke out a couple years ago.   Buffy said genuinely thoughtful things like she always did. :( Happy Athiest was so riled she wrote an uncharacteristically long post and Curious finally went through all 79 definitions (literally) of butthurt and concluded it was okay to use on FJ.  I am not aware of any change in this stance since.

I really don't think that JB married Jill off for ratings, I think that Jill loves Derick. Does he feel the same way about her? I have no idea, but I think it would be hard to love someone as much as he apparently loves himself. Narcissists don't have a whole lot of love to spread around.  

I don't think JB married any of them off for ratings. It would have been far stranger for them to not have started marrying around that time. Most fundies start marrying in their late teens or early 20s. The Duggar daughters had reached their early 20s. Of course they were going to start getting married, whether TLC was on the scene or not. 

I remember so vividly, right up until news broke that Jill was courting, the prevailing narrative was, "Jim Bob will never let his daughters get married. He will keep them as slaves forever. Fuck you, Jim Bob! Let your daughters go!" When Jill and Jessa got into relationships it mysteriously and quickly did a 180 and became, "Jim Bob is selling his daughters off for ratings! Fuck you, Jim Bob!"

@Knight of Ni said

There are several pictures of Moore supporters praying for a victory. Obviously God did not answer their prayers. How do the evangelical set justify the fact that their prayers did not work? Is there ever anything more than “it was God’s will”?

J.K. Rowling has a good answer to that:

25 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

Just wanted to compliment @ViolaSebastian for being so classy. 

And for the record...the butthurt discussion broke out a couple years ago.   Buffy said genuinely thoughtful things like she always did. :( Happy Athiest was so riled she wrote an uncharacteristically long post and Curious finally went through all 79 definitions (literally) of butthurt and concluded it was okay to use on FJ.  I am not aware of any change in this stance since.

I miss Buffy and Happy Athiest.

31 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Yay TWAT made it into a thread title! One of my favorite insults.

#OneOfMyFavoriteInsults 

Yours and mine both, mate. :)

P.S.: @HarryPotterFan When I grow up, I want to be JK Rowling.

Speaking of favorite insults, my teenaged kid and her BFF are into being as provocative as possible.  This has led to them saying things like, "Twat did you say?" or "Twat is it?" and endless variations.

J.K. Rowling broke my heart a bit with this Johnny Depp BS. 

I'm guessing J.K. Rowling had little to no say in whether they would keep him on or not - I could be totally wrong, though. I honestly don't know what the deal is with him (I know there are allegations against him, but I don't know the details) - I just know that he's absolutely terrible for that role. Ugh. I loved the first Fantastic Beasts movie but I don't even really want to see the second one because of that casting choice. 

Twat is an amazing insult. And who doesn't want to be JK Rowling, or at least be her best friend? That would be amazing. I read some article once where her neighbors complained she left her trash bins out. YOU GET TO LOOK AT JK ROWLING'S TRASH BINS! Many would jill for that honor. You are not worthy of her trash, you muggle.

And she broke my heart with that as well. And even if Johnny Depp wasn't a trash bag of a human, he still doesn't belong in the Potterverse. It was so jarring to see him, and I feel like he also doesn't have the depth for that role. Terrible choice. I know tons of people don't want to see it because of him. So it seems like the studio's choice to bring in a big name to get more viewers (I assume) backfired.

@singsingsing She's gone public with her defense of his casting.  I'll link to Teen Vogue, since they're awesome: https://www.teenvogue.com/story/jk-rowling-johnny-depp-fantastic-beasts-casting

And apparently she blocked a fan on Twitter for inquiring about the topic: https://www.teenvogue.com/story/jk-rowling-allegedly-blocked-fan-johnny-depp-fantastic-beasts

From some of the court records, his manager knew he was being abusive to Amber Heard.  He was an absolute dick to her in the divorce, including donating money he was supposed to give to her to donate as part of their divorce decree (probably so he could get a huge tax write-off -- which is still shit).  

@HarryPotterFan ITA.  He's an awful choice for the role.  He definitely has the air of one who was pulled in for star power by some dumb studio executive.  No one needs huge names for a Potterverse tale (though obviously they appear and do amazingly); they sell themselves.  Terrible decision.

However, it reminds me of Salma Hayek's letter yesterday.  I always found that sex scene in Frida so jarring and out of place.  Now I understand why: Weinstein demanded she get naked and have a full frontal sex scene with a woman, or else the film was finished. More stupid choices by studio execs. SMH:dislike:

14 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm guessing J.K. Rowling had little to no say in whether they would keep him on or not - I could be totally wrong, though. I honestly don't know what the deal is with him (I know there are allegations against him, but I don't know the details) - I just know that he's absolutely terrible for that role. Ugh. I loved the first Fantastic Beasts movie but I don't even really want to see the second one because of that casting choice. 

She did actually, here is her statement regarding keeping him as Grindelwald. 

Oh double post with @amandaaries  

49 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

@singsingsing She's gone public with her defense of his casting.  I'll link to Teen Vogue, since they're awesome: https://www.teenvogue.com/story/jk-rowling-johnny-depp-fantastic-beasts-casting

And apparently she blocked a fan on Twitter for inquiring about the topic: https://www.teenvogue.com/story/jk-rowling-allegedly-blocked-fan-johnny-depp-fantastic-beasts

From some of the court records, his manager knew he was being abusive to Amber Heard.  He was an absolute dick to her in the divorce, including donating money he was supposed to give to her to donate as part of their divorce decree (probably so he could get a huge tax write-off -- which is still shit).  

@HarryPotterFan ITA.  He's an awful choice for the role.  He definitely has the air of one who was pulled in for star power by some dumb studio executive.  No one needs huge names for a Potterverse tale (though obviously they appear and do amazingly); they sell themselves.  Terrible decision.

However, it reminds me of Salma Hayek's letter yesterday.  I always found that sex scene in Frida so jarring and out of place.  Now I understand why: Weinstein demanded she get naked and have a full frontal sex scene with a woman, or else the film was finished. More stupid choices by studio execs. SMH:dislike:

I'm so fucking heartbroken and betrayed by her backing Depp. I love and admire her so much, and she has always been so outspoken about justice and helping others. This just doesn't compute. 

Fucking dumb studio execs ruining everything.

Amber Heard responded to JK Rowling's statement. Not sure what she's trying to say.

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/amber-heard-responds-jk-rowlings-johnny-depp-defense#intcid=dt-recirc-cral1

I feel a bit weird about "twat" considering that it refers to a women's genitals. I'm not a big fan of slurs like that.

There's no doubt it goes well with "tweeting," though!

I had read her statement and I know she's taking (partial) responsibility for it, but I'm more questioning how much say she actually has in the matter. I'm not defending her, and for all I know she has a ton of say and could force their hand and get rid of him, but it also seems plausible to me that she feels like she has to support the studio for one reason or another and doesn't actually have that much power in the matter. I'm not even speculating that's the case, though - I honestly have literally no idea. And whatever the case, whoever ultimately is responsible for keeping him, it's a terrible, terrible choice.

In parts of the U.K.  twat is an insult meaning super idiotic. In other parts it refers to female bits. We don't tend to use it just in case. In Dwrecks case I'm going with it, also adding a few more before idiotic.

33 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I had read her statement and I know she's taking (partial) responsibility for it, but I'm more questioning how much say she actually has in the matter. I'm not defending her, and for all I know she has a ton of say and could force their hand and get rid of him, but it also seems plausible to me that she feels like she has to support the studio for one reason or another and doesn't actually have that much power in the matter. I'm not even speculating that's the case, though - I honestly have literally no idea. And whatever the case, whoever ultimately is responsible for keeping him, it's a terrible, terrible choice.

I know authors often have to had over a lot of rights when their books are made into films. But she also got a lot of say in the creation of Wizarding World. Though a theme park and a big studio are two different forces. We really have no way of knowing how much power she has, but I kinda wish she didn't defend the choice and call him a good fit for the role. My cat would be a better fit. In my fantasy world she would just withhold the script of the next movie to force them to recast...

If Derrick had an opinion about Potterverse, he would probably support Depp. He would also suggest that Death Eaters actually wanted good and are terribly misunderstood. 

If dWRECK had an opinion about Harry Potter it would be "eerrhhhmahgerd WITCHCRAFT! STRONG WOMEN!! HISS!!!!"

@Fascinated

Posted 18 hours ago

How incredible is it that we have eleventy million threads and on this family?  They don’t do anything to make the country/world a better place (no, missioncations don’t count), they don’t have much to say of substance about, well, anything - they just kind of exist. They are actually filming the women having pedicures. Wow. I cannot wait for @Buzzard‘s recap on that:

‘Jana and Joy go for pedicures.’

Anyway, just caught up here (I forced myself - it wasn’t easy) and I am here to tell you that they are boring as fuck. Earth shattering news, I know. But, seriously.

^Carried over from the last thread.

Another major bitch of mine. JB and M basically sold their kids and family for easy money. They are famous for 1 thing, having 19 children; what a damned accomplishment. At first, they tried the religious angle, but since they really weren't connected to any solid faith group, and what they did profess was so odd, that quickly went away.

And now, the next generation, uneducated, basically jobless besides the show (no Duggar has an actual paying job, that I am aware of), and they are gifted a TV show. WHY? What has any of the 2nd generation Duggars accomplished above and beyond any other person of their age group, that merits a TV show????

What an effing joke.

17 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

If Derrick had an opinion about Potterverse, he would probably support Depp. He would also suggest that Death Eaters actually wanted good and are terribly misunderstood. 

Derick probably would have read the last book and walked away thinking there were good people on both sides. Like I assume Trump would think if I thought he actually could read. 

Like... no... on one side you have decent humans and the other is, literally, led by a guy that tried to kill a baby and failed. 

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

In parts of the U.K.  twat is an insult meaning super idiotic. In other parts it refers to female bits. 

I nearly broke up with my now (English) husband over this language barrier! :pb_lol:

• samurai_sarah pinned, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived