IGNORED

Lori Alexander 35: Closing Windows Because of the Fires

@Carol Lori once admitted that she must have overlooked "misogyny" in her old Webster dictionary. This is the first instance I read when she said: "Please forgive me."

I wrote a parody of Lori's latest Instagram doodle. Hope you enjoy it.

Prior to the 20th century, many women died from childbirth. Married women were not asked when they are going to have children because they married while they were still children. No one asked them how they were going to feed the children that they already had. No one asked a mother who had more children than her family can provide, "You do know how to feed all of them, don't you?" As if dying from childbirth was a disease; well, yes, it is. No one asked a new mother if she was going to be alive to take care of her baby when she has passed out or already passed away from childbirth. Women and children are valued. They are gifts from God and blessings to be received with open arms. Having children was a result and accepted part of marriage. Oh, how far have we progressed. Selfish people who close their windows and spank toddlers have stolen people's love for children. Women and children bring joy and laughter to the world, but many have become too selfish and hedonistic to appreciate and welcome the best gifts in life.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn’t Lori ever see the episode of The Partridge Family when they play for the women’s group “Power Of Women” and David Cassidy sings I Think I Love You.

I suspect Lori was not a typical teenage girl which is why she tries so hard to prove herself now by fixating on the whole “ I’m a super feminine woman. I want to relive my youth by telling young women what to do!”

The woman whose question she used as the basis of the post said that to pray for the sick baby, the men were asked to come forward to pray but not the women. Lori says that the women can pray in their pews if they want to.

I think this gets at the real reason Lori says she likes this kind of church:  men are the ones who have to do things, and the women can just sit back and just decide for themselves whether to participate. This kind of church allows Lori to be lazy and not have any responsibility at all. 

There is no way on God's earth that Lori would ever submit to the elders of a church by not wearing pants (feels weird writing pants as I am from the UK) ever or wearing skirts below the knee. After all in her world husbands and wives submit to the elders of the church therefore if they said skirts below the knee Ken would have to get on board with that and Lori would have to follow suit But would love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting with the elders after them seeing her pictures on the internet.  Wonder what they would make of Ken's horse of truth 

This would only apply if they were members but I doubt very much if they have ever been members.  I suspect that they are what some call "spiritual gypsies" going from church to church never finding the perfect one and leaving mayhem behind them when they leave

@EowynW yes saw that sign.  Is that a warning to women to stay away from Ken.  

Here we have signs which say no cold callers.  My mum who is 90 has one.  Maybe this is what this one means

Thanks to Lori (and Debi Pearl, too), I now have a visceral reaction to the word "helpmeet." We've been in the process of changing churches, and I just took a look at the website for one about a block away. I thought maybe I could attend a bible study there. But I looked at the About page and saw this:

We encourage, admonish and exhort our women to respect their husbands and be a helpmeet to them. 

So, nope, not going to even step foot into that church. Lori probably wouldn't either, seeing as how she doesn't want anyone to exhort her about anything unless the person's last name is Pearl.

A couple paragraphs later it talks about families having a ministry calling together, including this:

Some of our families picket local abortuaries . . . 

Since I was already gagging about the helpmeet reference and was therefore thinking about Lori, it occurred to me that I can't recall whether Lori has ever spoken about abortion or not. I  find this strange. Lori has no problem jumping on all the other fundie bandwagons, but she's either never jumped on this one or she given only the barest of lip service to it. Also, I can't imagine her and Ken doing a ministry together. He helps her on her blog sometimes when she gets confused, but it isn't something they seem to do together.

22 minutes ago, molecule said:

Thanks to Lori (and Debi Pearl, too), I now have a visceral reaction to the word "helpmeet." We've been in the process of changing churches, and I just took a look at the website for one about a block away. I thought maybe I could attend a bible study there. But I looked at the About page and saw this:

So, nope, not going to even step foot into that church. Lori probably wouldn't either, seeing as how she doesn't want anyone to exhort her about anything unless the person's last name is Pearl.

A couple paragraphs later it talks about families having a ministry calling together, including this:

Since I was already gagging about the helpmeet reference and was therefore thinking about Lori, it occurred to me that I can't recall whether Lori has ever spoken about abortion or not. I  find this strange. Lori has no problem jumping on all the other fundie bandwagons, but she's either never jumped on this one or she given only the barest of lip service to it. Also, I can't imagine her and Ken doing a ministry together. He helps her on her blog sometimes when she gets confused, but it isn't something they seem to do together.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/06/sin-breeds-more-sin-back-alley-abortions.html?m=1

and if I’m not mistaken she cited abortion as the main reason she voted for admitted sexual assaulter DT

30 minutes ago, jerkit said:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/06/sin-breeds-more-sin-back-alley-abortions.html?m=1

and if I’m not mistaken she cited abortion as the main reason she voted for admitted sexual assaulter DT

Thanks. I thought I'd read something she'd said about it. I'm surprised, I guess, that she hasn't said more about it. It isn't on her usual list of reasons feminism is bad.

@molecule "abortuaries" was a new word for me. I had to google. Easy to guess what it meant but sounded so ugly I wanted the actual definition.

Merriam Webster defines it as: 

chiefly US, disparaging

: a place where abortions are performed —used as a term of contempt by opponents of abortion

Wow. I'm glad you stayed away. I understand opposition to abortion but that term is disgusting.

58 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I understand opposition to abortion but that term is disgusting.

I completely agree. Of all the other things families could be doing to spread Christ's love, picketing abortion providers  doesn't seem like it should be high on the list, even without such a disparaging and hateful word.

Many people must have begged for money from Lori and Ken to prompt them to have a no soliciting sign in their home. Does this mean that they do not give to people who ask for trick and treats in Halloween or sing carols during Christmas?

Edit: I was reading the YouTube comments on Lori's channel and saw one person suggest Lori do a video or post on how she lives out her day from waking up in the morning  to sleeping at night. I laughed because I'm sure the bulk of Lori's time is spent on the internet controlling her website and social media pages.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:21 PM, EowynW said:

Working on it. Some days are hard.

Funny, it's the stupid little things that get to me lately, realizing what an impact growing up a girl in a fundie family had on me. Like, realizing you don't know how to change the oil, check tire pressure, and change a flat. (Mr. EW is now bringing me up to date.) And like, today I broke two strings on my fiddle, trying to change them.  I started to cry because I played in a family bluegrass band nearly all my life, but my dad never taught us how to maintain our own instruments. He did it all. He never once sat me down and taught me this basic, necessary stuff, even though it was his dream family band. It was a stupid thing to cry over but it was just one more thing in a long list of things that I did not know how to do, and I should know as a grown ass woman. 

I'm quite a bit older than you and only now learning how to do things that my ex took care of for years.  I never lived on my own, and my ex was not the type to teach me anything.  

You should be proud of yourself for learning these things now.    

I can't believe she actually did it if true, but I'm looking on my phone and it looks like she deleted her own comment where she apologized and asked forgiveness from Thom.

@AlwaysDiscerning You're right. She deleted the comment. Now I'm wondering why. Choose the best sentence why Lori deleted her comment:

(A) Men aren't instructed in the Word to be modest and shamefaced.

(B) It's women who mostly have a problem with this [modesty].

(C) It's biblical for elders to lead their church however they see fit.

(D) Lori is sorry that she mistook a question. [Please forgive her.]

(E) All of the above.

I’m stuck on the post that says women are to be quiet during worship. 

And why don’t Loriken attend a church like that? I’m sure they exist in CA. Of course, then she would have to live out what she claims she believes. 

@Frog99 Maybe those churches are not near where they live. I asked Lori about this silence by women in church. Does this mean women can't sing hymns, say "Amen", or greet "Hello"? She said women can sing but cannot talk during a church service. They can greet each other before or after the service. Lori is confusing.

Edit: I searched for a Baptist church using the words in the post. Here's the link: http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/index.html. This can be the church because they have Wednesday service.

I found it odd that the pastor does not have a theology or college degree. Is it common in the United States for someone to become a pastor without studying theology? Here priests and pastors often formally study theology for years. Lay preachers are often called brothers.

Anyway, I found a link to the pastor's wife and they have nine children. Here's the link: http://stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.sg/. It's odd but the wife reminded me of Lori. She finds it rude and offensive when people say, "You have your hands full," but at least she replies respectfully to commenters.

Plus points for the pastor's family: Their church donated for them to have new kitchen countertops to replace their old 25+ year ones. They must be good people if people are giving back so much to them.

1 hour ago, Joyce said:

@Frog99 Maybe those churches are not near where they live. I asked Lori about this silence by women in church. Does this mean women can't sing hymns, say "Amen", or greet "Hello"? She said women can sing but cannot talk during a church service. They can greet each other before or after the service. Lori is confusing.

Edit: I searched for a Baptist church using the words in the post. Here's the link: http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/index.html. This can be the church because they have Wednesday service.

I found it odd that the pastor does not have a theology or college degree. Is it common in the United States for someone to become a pastor without studying theology? Here priests and pastors often formally study theology for years. Lay preachers are often called brothers.

Anyway, I found a link to the pastor's wife and they have nine children. Here's the link: http://stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.sg/. It's odd but the wife reminded me of Lori. She finds it rude and offensive when people say, "You have your hands full," but at least she replies respectfully to commenters.

Plus points for the pastor's family: Their church donated for them to have new kitchen countertops to replace their old 25+ year ones. They must be good people if people are giving back so much to them.

This is Zsuzsuanna Anderson. She is heavily followed here on FJ. Her husband is insane. BTW, it was another church who donated money for her countertops in exchange for speaking at their church.  They are not good people.

2 hours ago, Joyce said:

I'm guessing you are and new to too FJ because we have a whole subforum devoted to the Anderson family. They are both crazy but in a different flavor than Lori. And no it's very unusual to be a pastor without any sort of degree but Steve is more of a hate group leader masquerading as a pastor than anything else.

I'm really just beginning to think that Lori worships Michael Pearl. After all, if he says the KJV is the only Bible it must be true. 

I read M. Pearl's account of his honeymoon (a.k.a how to torture your new bride and call it a funny story) to my friend and she was horrified. Who would follow such a sick person. Not to mention the book about raising children that he wrote with his wife. 

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2014/07/quoting-quiverfull-michael-and-debi-pearls-honeymoon/

and a comment said that they wish they had lived in a time before feminism. First, you're supposed to be content with what you have so don't wish you were born in a different time period. Second, see link above as to why feminism is important. 

@Hisey and @lilah thanks for the links. I arrived here at the end of summer- a friend shared one of Lori’s doodles calling it craziness and down the rabbit hole I went. I’ve seen references to Zsu but that’s it. 

@Joyce I attend a church where the pastors have received formal education (and my pastor is a woman). In my community there are several churches (held in a variety of locations) where the leaders have no formal education (some have full time jobs outside of preaching) and there is no affiliation with a denomination. That’s why it’s curious to me that they haven’t sought something more in line with their alleged beliefs. Thanks for the links!!! 

Wow...her sisters house nearly burned down yesterday (they have extensive damage), and Lori?  Well, Lori made blog fodder out of it.  Seriously, she turned it into a post about divorce (complete w/ pictures).  

You know, it has a very exploitative feel to it.  Her sister has never commented on her blog, yet here Lori is using her personal tragedy to further her own agenda about....DIVORCE.  What on earth???  

I will say that Lori's sister seems to have an awesome attitude about it.  I have always believed that at the end of the day, a house is just sticks and bricks, and if you have your family safe after a situation like that, everything else can be replaced.  

That said, Lori seems to have no sympathy for her sister at all, and regardless of her wonderful outlook on the whole situation, she has suffered a loss (and right at Christmas).   She deserves kindness, and for her sister The Godly Mentor, to realize that losing things that she probably valued hurts a lot.  Losing a home she shared with her family hurts.  

What she doesn't deserve, is to see Lori look like she's about to express concern for her, only to find out that she's just using her as a tool to harp on her "fans". 

Once again, Lori just doesn't seem to know how to act.  

Lori's sister's house almost burned down the other day. Apparently it was because of the fireplace, not the fires raging in Southern California right now, if I'm reading Lori's disjointed post right. Anyway, the house sustained a good bit of damage, but no one was hurt, and there were something like fifteen fire trucks there as the property backs on to a brushy area and I guess they didn't want the Santa Ana winds to blow sparks in that direction.  Lori says the smoke detectors didn't go off, so it was lucky it didn't happen at night while everyone was asleep.

Somehow, though...Lori manages through all this to tie the fire into divorce. Yes, divorce. She posts a meme about how divorce isn't a tragedy, staying in an unhappy marriage is the tragedy, and then says this:

My sister’s home isn’t a tragedy. She is still married for 30 years to the husband of her youth. She has one happily married daughter who is pregnant with her second baby and two other amazing sons. She loves Jesus deeply. All of these are her treasures. She is rich in what counts and her house will be fixed over time. Yes, they may have to live with someone else for a time and rent the home across the street while her home is rebuilt but it’s all fixable. The first thing she said to me when I saw her yesterday; “It’s all just stuff.” My sisters and I have always held fairly loosely to the stuff of this world.

Lori, why don't you have your sister and family stay with YOU in that big, empty, echoing million-dollar house of yours while her house is being fixed? Hmmm???? 

My mom, sisters, and all of our husbands were there yesterday and had a good time together. My sister was even able to laugh in spite of the circumstances. Whenever we all get together, there is always a lot of laughter and joy. All of our children are doing good. They are secure in who they are in Christ and grew up in homes with their mother and father. We are blessed.

They had a GOOD TIME together?? In the midst of a FIRE??  And where, Lori, were YOU during all of this? Oh, that's right, safely ensconced in your million-dollar home with the windows closed. :my_dodgy:  

Don’t believe the lies of our culture. My parents stayed in an unhappy marriage and now they are madly in love with each other. Ken and I were not in a happy marriage but now we love each other deeply. We all benefited from my parents staying together and so do our children and grandchildren . They see generations of couples staying married until death do they part. There’s not much of a better legacy, besides loving and living for Jesus, that you can leave to your children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren

I'm all for seeing the good in a bad situation, and I firmly believe that it's all just stuff in the end. Stuff can be replaced, people can't. So I'm with her on that. And I'm really glad her sister and family are all right. But to turn a near-disaster like this into yet another diatribe on how God hates divorce is just ridiculous. I hope Lori didn't hurt herself while making the stretch, because some serious contortions must have been involved to do so. :pb_rollseyes:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived