IGNORED

Lori Alexander 35: Closing Windows Because of the Fires

Hi guys! I just realized today that I have been blocked from Lori's Instagram page. For a few days now, whenever I go to Lori's page, the page was unavailable, so I just thought her link was broken. Today I logged out of Instagram and checked her page. What do you know? The link works fine. I was just blocked. Thank you, Lori! You made my day!

Edit: I commented on her kitchen photo in Instagram with something like: You have a beautiful kitchen. You must have saved a lot for this.

Initially I thought it was complimentary to her because I thought she valued thrift and saving. Maybe she was slighted because it was not her own money that she saved. After all, she does not believe that Ken and her money are "their" money. It's "his" and "her" money.

But I'm mighty glad that Lori took my advice and started posting her recipes again, this time on Instagram. 

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Lori and the leghumper fangirls fantasy world feminists are all manly, tough, butch, aggressive, domineering, loud, and masculine-looking and dressing.  This is because they want to be men.  This is how we know they are feminists

A non-feminist is cute, pretty, ruffly, girly, thin, ribbons and lace and curls, make-up and perfume, kind, gentle, meek, submissive and acts like she doesn't have a brain in her head.  Because oh wow men are so awesome and smart compared to lil' old me. This is because they want to be women.  This is how you know they are not feminists.

There is no absolutely no nuance or room for individuality  and personal preference their fantasy world.

Sooooooo glad it's a fantasy world and I don't live there.

It’s weird that the photo at the start of the thread is of Gwen Shamblin. She and Lori are as batshit as each other.

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this Heidi Stone person Lori quoted. She seems incredibly long winded. And I very much disagree with a lot of her "me too" rant. 

I just did some reading on her blog. Lori took a whole bunch of statements from one post to form her doodle. I’m not a fan. I find her writing to be overly wordy and jumbled. Regarding her take on “me too”, I think she’s processed through her experiences and minimizes the experiences of those that haven’t. I also think she misses the point- which was to create awareness of just how many people have had that experience. 

@mango_fandango It's weird too. Maybe because many people discussed Gwen in the last thread so her photo came up. Or maybe, Gwen's picture is the most popular or photogenic in the thread so Freejinger automatically used it at the start of the thread.

Here's some unsolicited advice to Lori: post many of your family's and children's families online so that many people can see your family. You are The Transformed Wife so it would be good to see weekly pictures with Ken and your chikdren. This will also save your pictures in case something happens with the fire. 

To Lori's Instagram post on social justice: Kindly read Matthew 25: 31 - 46. Here is Matthew 25 : 40 : "And the King shall answer and say unto them, ‘Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me.’"

3 hours ago, Hisey said:

EowynW, I knew you grew up fundie, I just never imagined there could be an objection to the word "pregnant" (since it's such a holy goal and all). BTW, I love reading your posts because your marriage seems so solid and loving and I admire how you created a new life for yourself. 

Working on it. Some days are hard.

Funny, it's the stupid little things that get to me lately, realizing what an impact growing up a girl in a fundie family had on me. Like, realizing you don't know how to change the oil, check tire pressure, and change a flat. (Mr. EW is now bringing me up to date.) And like, today I broke two strings on my fiddle, trying to change them.  I started to cry because I played in a family bluegrass band nearly all my life, but my dad never taught us how to maintain our own instruments. He did it all. He never once sat me down and taught me this basic, necessary stuff, even though it was his dream family band. It was a stupid thing to cry over but it was just one more thing in a long list of things that I did not know how to do, and I should know as a grown ass woman. 

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

So am I understanding this right? Per Lori and her girls, a woman doctor can’t be pretty? I’m so confused. 

74DFB589-E161-4262-B581-E1904A3E21E9.png

I wish that too, Jessica.  

well, I blew it today...finished one project that included calculating wattage/amps for circuiting  lights...then went and worked in the shop for a couple of ours (the office is in front, the shop in the back)...I was even running a drill press for a little while. 

Yeah...not very feminine...although I'm thinking I'm going to get my nails done tomorrow before the hub's work Christmas party, IF I have time...I'm meeting up with an old friend who's in town. We hadn't seen each other in 20 years when we finally got to get together about 3 years ago and have made a pact that we will find time to get together when she blows into town (she's here 2-3 times a year for work stuff). 

Lori...stuff it!

16 hours ago, Florita said:

Petticoat Junction?!? I'm 53 and I barely remember that show. (I liked Green Acres better.) It was silly even then and now she's treating it like it was a documentary. Next she'll be doing an in depth analysis of gender stereotypes on Gilligan's Island.

Who am I kidding? Lori does nothing in depth. There is no depth to her.

Your comments reminds me of the movie Galaxy Quest.  Next thing you know, Lori will be quoting the Flintstones and the Jetsons.

6 hours ago, CelticGoddess said:

Your comments reminds me of the movie Galaxy Quest.  Next thing you know, Lori will be quoting the Flintstones and the Jetsons.

And now I'm reading @Florita's Gillligan's Island sentence in Alan Rickman's voice! :pb_lol:

Oh man. I feel so horrible for the lady in today's post. RUN LIKE HELL, Lady. Those churches are soul damaging, extremely legalistic and are cultish. I should know, I grew up in them. 

15 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Oh man. I feel so horrible for the lady in today's post. RUN LIKE HELL, Lady. Those churches are soul damaging, extremely legalistic and are cultish. I should know, I grew up in them. 

That church sounds terrifying. And yet, Lori defends it: 

Is this church legalistic and extreme? I asked this woman who made the comment if they teach the Word of God. She told me that yes they do. Her husband was saved in this church, they also help the sick and needy, and baptize those who become saved. We must understand that legalism is making up man-made rules. The modesty standards they have set could be considered legalistic but if the leadership wants to set them, then it is not since God has ordained them to lead. The church leaders are allowed to run their churches however they want and it’s up to those attending whether they want to attend the church or not. There is no perfect church since there are no perfect people.

So legalism is man-made, and these particular standards could be considered legalistic, but if the men in the church set up these standards, it's not legalistic because God ordained them? Which means that any man God ordains can do no wrong? Is that what she's saying? Because if that's what she's saying, then that gives ordained men a blank check to do whatever the hell they want to do, because GOD.

My brain hurts.

19 hours ago, Hisey said:

My mother told me that when she was married in the early 60s, it was the fashion for married couples to sleep in two twin beds pushed together. I wonder if that came from I Love Lucy?

What?? That is so weird. (no offense to your dad). Also, I've never heard that expression before.

My grandparents (married in ‘46) slept in twin beds pushed together for their entire marriage. It was actually really handy when my granddaddy needed a CPAP machine. 

Grew up in England with the Dick Van Dyke show. I thought all American couples slept in twin beds.

This was a comment from one of the women in the chat room and I asked her for permission to make a post out of it since this sounds like my kind of church!

But the women also said they showed a slideshow of appropriate skirt lengths being below the knee. Lori, you would have to give up those shorts you like and the skirts above the knee like Ken requires. But OK if that is your kind of church. 

First of all, I love KJV. I have been reading it ever since I went to Michael and Debi Pearl’s conference nearby many years ago. Michael is a firm believer that it’s the only Bible we should be reading and makes a good case for it. I have grown to love reading this version! (I will never be contentious about this issue, however.)

Is Michael her husband? She sure acts like it. What does Ken say on the matter? It might be better you go to him for what bible version to read. 

Teaching women about modesty should be something the older women of the church should be doing. If the church elders have decided what is and isn’t modest, then they have every right to have the older women teaching the younger women these principles.

But but but how many times has she said modesty is really something the husbands decides, that its basically a Christian liberty to decide. So, now she is saying whatever the church says on the issue is final, not what the husband says?

31 minutes ago, Loveday said:

That church sounds terrifying. And yet, Lori defends it: 

So legalism is man-made, and these particular standards could be considered legalistic, but if the men in the church set up these standards, it's not legalistic because God ordained them? Which means that any man God ordains can do no wrong? Is that what she's saying? Because if that's what she's saying, then that gives ordained men a blank check to do whatever the hell they want to do, because GOD.

My brain hurts.

Sounds like a perfect setup for abuse.  And yet, abuse of perfectly submissive women simply doesn't happen according to Lori. 

@AlwaysDiscerning Thanks for the screenshot! First, Lori gets defensive when the person was simply asking a question. Second, she assumes that the scenario presented, namely uniform dresses, do not happen. Third, is Lori teaching to a man?

I won't be surprised if Lori deletes this comment thread. This is out of her depth.

Edit: I spoke too soon. Lori apologized to the commenter. 

Lori:

it’s biblical for elders to lead their church however they see fit. 

How is that Biblical?  "However they see fit"- that leaves the door wide open for abuse.  If they aren't adhering to the Bible (and are enforcing legalism), then what is their authority based upon? 

They are men, and they're in a church, so they've just got carte blanche to do whatever the hell they want?  Sorry...don't think so.  That's not even remotely Biblical, and if it is, I want to see scripture that says so.

Further, NONE of Lori's churches have seen fit to allow her to teach.  On the contrary, they've expressly forbid it.  She says she wants a stricter church (what she really means, is legalistic), so why doesn't she start by coming under her own church's authority?

Also, she says she would love to obey that church's rules, but she doesn't!  She doesn't dress anything like that woman was describing!

Lori likes to see rules enforced on OTHER women.  

Or maybe the elders of the church should pray for God’s conviction in their own lives- pray without ceasing- instead of focusing on the dress and behaviors of others. 

Do these people not get that our communities are full of people that need genuine kindness and compassion? That some of these churches that claim to help others are responsible for a world of hurt against people in need? 

Lady from the chat room- if you happen upon this thread, never dismiss that voice inside you, that feeling of discomfort and unease.  You have it for a reason. Listen to it. 

From today's post: 

This church seems extreme in our culture but I bet it is exactly how the majority of churches operated before the 1960s. The churches spoke out against birth control. All the women wore dresses below their knees. There were no female preachers in the true Christian churches. Men ran everything while women sat quietly in the pews and learned. 

Yeah, Lori, no. Not even. Yes, women probably wore dresses below their knees, but that is about all you have right. And that is because that was the fashion, not because church's were enforcing dress codes. 

My grandmother was an active leader in her congregation for her entire life. She was the "Sunday School Superintendent"--what would be called the director or pastor of children's ministries today. She worked directly with the male pastors in leadership to manage all children's and youth ministries and did all of it for 50 years, until health prevented her from continuing in the early 90s. She sat on the church board at various times as well and frequently led communion meditations in services. She was also extremely active in an organization called Church Women United that has existed since 1941. She worked as a leader for them on the local and state levels all of her life. A bit about them: 

http://www.churchwomen.org/?page_id=45

This post today ugh yeah that does not sound like a healthy or safe church. 

Also what does she mean only women have problems with it? 

image.png

1 hour ago, Joyce said:

@AlwaysDiscerning Thanks for the screenshot! First, Lori gets defensive when the person was simply asking a question. Second, she assumes that the scenario presented, namely uniform dresses, do not happen. Third, is Lori teaching to a man?

I won't be surprised if Lori deletes this comment thread. This is out of her depth.

Edit: I spoke too soon. Lori apologized to the commenter. 

It's probably the woman running a joint FB account. I've seen quite a bit of joint FB accounts in fundie circles lately on Lori's FB and some people that I know or are acquaintances with. . It's usually the wife doing most of the posting. I know a couple of non-fundie types who have joint FB accounts and it's probably because of cheating or some other past issue.

5a2c2ea992f19_ScreenShot2017-12-09at10_41_31AM.png.49c67b40238b1f243508513f0295b93b.png

I'm gobsmacked!  Maybe this has happened before...an apology AND a plea for forgiveness...but I don't remember it.

Hey, Lori, you go girl!  There's a tiny speck of honesty in there somewhere that, if watered, could grow into a decent human being.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived