IGNORED

Lori Alexander 35: Closing Windows Because of the Fires

3 hours ago, Koala said:

The Godly Mentor says:

I cooked a lot hardier food. . . 

Grammar police:  This should be "heartier", Lori.  Thank God you quit teaching.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So; I do have a point if you can be patient with this long post. 

My mom frequently visits a young mother who has two little boys, ages one and three. On her last visit, the three-year-old gathered up some of his cars and put them in a bag. He handed them to her and said "Take these to your kids so they can play with them."  (He had seen some of the childhood pictures of us she has at her house). She said "Well, my kids are not home right now so you can keep them. But aren't you nice to share like this?" He responded with "Put them in their room. They can play with them when they get home."

i commented that his sweet three-year-old mind cannot comprehend a life different than his - a home with a couple of kids that play with toys. 

The same is true for Lori. Her little three-year-old mind really cannot comprehend a life different than the one she has had. She has never known financial hardship so it must not exist. She has never had to take care of herself so that must not be a need for other women. She is arrogant, greedy, selfish and dumb. And I really don't think her stupidity has anything to do with her brain tumor. I think she is simple minded and just plain dumb. Her stupidity, combined with her dangerous and hateful views, make a dangerous mix. 

Edited because of tons of typos. 

43 minutes ago, Hane said:

OT regarding something Lori said on one of her many social media platforms:  She and a fangirl dissed “This Is Us” because they saw no “Godly” (TM) people in the show. She then said she prefers Hallmark movies. I bet it’s because they’re Clean and Heterosexual.

Hey, I don’t mind them once in a while, but they’re formulaic AF:

1.  Pretty blonde 30-something heroine with a fun job or hobby that would not keep a roof over the head of a real person.  She either

a. Learns how to break away from Life-Deadening Corporate America and make a living at her hobby or

b. Surmounts obstacles to make her job/hobby a success and spread joy to one and all

2. Heroine’s (sometimes ex) BF, who looks good on paper but has a Fatal Flaw

3. Heroine’s quirky BFF, who is a tad socially awkward and not quite as pretty as Heroine

4. The Elderly Sage

5. Colorful secondary characters, friends/colleagues of the Heroine. A few of these are usually Educated and Well-Spoken People of Color, to prove that the movie Isn’t Racist 

6. The Hero, who remains unattainable until the last possible minute

This amounts to far greater depth and worth than a story about a striving but imperfect family that struggles to overcome real(ish)-world problems and to love each other despite them. Oh, but wait—the show has divorce and fucking and a couple of fat lead characters, and we can’t have THAT. [/sarcasm]

My goodness yes. My parents, grandmother, and sister love the Hallmark movies and I mentioned that they are always the same. Same story every time in the same way. The main character is always white. I have yet to see a main character that was not white. They often throw in a token non-white character as an other be it mentor or friend of main character. In the Christmas movies the characters all have the same names too. Nearly all the women are named Faith or Hope or Grace or Holly and the man love interest is nearly always Chris or Nick. 

Their is zero depth to the characters in Hallmark films. Non-Hallmark shows actually deal with aspects of real life situations for many people and Lori can't deal with that. She herself is formulaic AF. Same old song and dance everyday. 

cheapestingredients.PNG.d3039363c12aef1c3424d46dfb77b0ab.PNG

Right, and that is why she eats out for breakfast every weekend. Lori, you have no idea what you are eating every weekend. Of course she will probably say its some organic, vegan, probably expensive place so that makes it OK. She really believes expensive means its healthier. Oh how the marketing teams have fooled her. 

3 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

My goodness yes. My parents, grandmother, and sister love the Hallmark movies and I mentioned that they are always the same. Same story every time in the same way. The main character is always white. I have yet to see a main character that was not white. They often throw in a token non-white character as an other be it mentor or friend of main character. In the Christmas movies the characters all have the same names too. Nearly all the women are named Faith or Hope or Grace or Holly and the man love interest is nearly always Chris or Nick. 

Their is zero depth to the characters in Hallmark films. Non-Hallmark shows actually deal with aspects of real life situations for many people and Lori can't deal with that. She herself is formulaic AF. Same old song and dance everyday. 

My parents were fans of Hallmark movies for a few years before they realized it was the same story over and over again. They were watching Lifetime Christmas movies last weekend when  I went over. I watch Lifetime movies too and yeah, they are cheesy and predictable. But, Lifetime has had  interracial couples and gay supporting couples in several of their movies. A lot of people have caught onto the lack of diversity and zero LGB characters in Hallmark movies and have been calling them out on their  Facebook page and other sites.

A female poster replied to Jeff:

In reply to Jeff,
I just wanted to point out that I have been convicted of many faults by my husband’s patience and love and kindness towards me. I have learned with him how to love others, and He doesn’t even realize it. I have changed my ways because of the way he was with me. Sometimes we think the fault is all with the others but many times it is with ourselves as well as them. I began to change the most when I began to focus on what I could and should do to be a better wife to my husband. We openly and lovingly discuss at times about what is letting us down in one another but love covers a multitude of sins! And again, I try to think what can I do instead of what should he do. It takes a lot of bad thoughts and feelings away from my heart and helps our marriage greatly.

There goes the theory that only wives can influence their husbands "without a word". 

And about the post, reading this made me realize something about social media. According to Gill’s exposition, “and inspecting into, and busying themselves about other people’s matters” , we shouldn’t be doing this on instagram or Faceboo or whatever. What do you think?

So Lori, what do you think? 

And Dave's advice:

Hi Jeff,

Hold firm to your manhood. Stand firm to your vow to God and your wife. Don’t degrade yourself as she blasphemes the word of God. I say this as one with 38.5 years with a rebellious wife. I just did not fully recognize it the first 30 years and as I pressed her the past 5+ years it became devilishly intense. I did create a formal separation of sorts and told her to get out MY HOUSE with her blasphemous behavior, so that MY HOUSE can serve the Lord. It is forcing an amazing deep revelation of God’s word to many around us. PAINFUL, yes. But ‘yes’ x 1000 in rewards.

Dig down deep and ask God to give you the intestinal fortitude to withstand the crucible He has you in. My stories are deep and long: I have spent likely 7000 hours on this in the past 3+ years. I would be more than happy to connect further should you like.

Hang on to the power of His every word, Dave

Where does God's word instruct husbands to kick "rebellious" wives out of their homes?  Where is a husband told that their home is his home and not hers?  

48 minutes ago, onemama said:

And Dave's advice:

Where does God's word instruct husbands to kick "rebellious" wives out of their homes?  Where is a husband told that their home is his home and not hers?  

I"m assuming this is the same Dave who said that a wife whose husband commands her to help him molest their children has no choice but to obey.  

"OK … so sorry is a start. Ask her to try again with you and this time ask her is you or someone else she trusts can hold her accountable. 

Jeff, I had many completely frustrated days with my wife where I felt she just did not get “get it” or was just selfishly not wanting to work towards a real marriage. I came to discover that although selfishness plays a role, blindness and past hurts often are the biggest culprits.

One night I had the worst dream of my life and this little nine year old girl was wrapped up in wicked spirits flying all around her crying out for me to help her. I woke up in a cold sweat and thought the dream applied to someone else, but a few months later realized that my wife was the nine year old inside who needed me to help her.

It changed my approach from a frustrated one to one where I systematically set about to love her while gently and consistently calling her out on the lies she was telling herself.

See your wife in a different light as a hurt and lost child inside who now has a shell of a woman on the outside, but needs to grow up on the inside. Set up your game of marriage with her, and when she fails, call her on it without upset and start again and again. As you do so, wait upon the Lord to do the heavy lifting of change that is necessary, all the while you be Christian towards her at all times. Running from her is the furthest thing from being Christian.

I found that by keeping my requests and needs simple and documented in writing, then holding her accountable by making additional requests that she meet those basic requests, that soon she began to meet most of them even if true love and intimacy was not just blossoming. It was at the point of vulnerability when she saw that she could trust me that she began to drop the tough exterior and begin to live out marriage fully as God intended it to be."

@Ken I do believe you have one of the weirdest Christian marriages I've ever seen. 

I have a a small paperback Jello cookbook  from the 1920s.  It was marketing to the suburban housewife as a way to make tasty "dainty" salads and desserts.

I collect women's magazines from the 1920s and 1930s.  They are chock full of ads for convenience foods  Two that I see all the time are Heinz canned spaghetti and Heinz baked beans.  Marketed as quick, easy, delicious and cheaper than if you made them yourself.

Lori is an idiot.

And now that we're in That Season, we'll see the Driven Career Woman learn that Life Is Meaningless Without A Husband And Children, and by the end of the movie, she moves back to her small hometown to be a SAHM.

@Hane, @dairyfreelife, and @lilwriter85,  I watch a fair amount of shows on the Hallmark Channel (The Golden Girls through I Love Lucy) 10 months out of the year.  I turn Hallmark off on October 31st and don't turn it on again until January 1st or maybe 2nd.  I HATE Hallmark movies!  They're dreck!  Too white, too straight and too boring!

Now TCM shows some great Christmas movies and I'm building my own collection.  Even ION's made for TV Christmas movies are more diverse than Hallmark's.

8 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I watch a fair amount of shows of the Hallmark Channel (The Golden Girls through I Love Lucy) 10 months out of the year.  I turn Hallmark off on October 31st and don't turn it on again until January 1st or maybe 2nd.

Same.  I DVR the I Love Lucy show each morning.  Imagine my surprise when I realized it had been replaced with Hallmark movies.  :my_dodgy:

3 hours ago, onemama said:

I did create a formal separation of sorts and told her to get out MY HOUSE with her blasphemous behavior, so that MY HOUSE can serve the Lord.

Hold your horses there Dave!!

I do believe that Women are the keepers of the house, just ask Lori. Maybe, if you ask nicely, your wife and keeper of the Home will help you pack.

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

I found that by keeping my requests and needs simple and documented in writing, then holding her accountable by making additional requests that she meet those basic requests

This doesn't sound like a marriage. It sounds like an employer working with an employee who is having trouble meeting the demands of her job. 

I am not Mr. 05's employee. In no way should a marriage mimic an employer/employee relationship. It is a partnership. 

These people are warped. 

I'm curious as to why Lori is so against using birth control to control the timing and number of children a couple has. She used a diaphragm. Which is birth control. She stopped at four kids. So she planned their number. Weird. 

Oh, so y'all, I'm making elderberry syrup this evening but not all my ingredients are organic. I have organic cinnamon and berries but alas, no organic ginger or honey. Honey is raw from the farmer's market tho. How deep in sin am I because of this? 

41 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Oh, so y'all, I'm making elderberry syrup this evening but not all my ingredients are organic. I have organic cinnamon and berries but alas, no organic ginger or honey. Honey is raw from the farmer's market tho. How deep in sin am I because of this? 

Not organic? Might as well be NyQuill, then! ;) jk, it sounds amazing and I'm jealous of your skills!

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

I'm curious as to why Lori is so against using birth control to control the timing and number of children a couple has. She used a diaphragm. Which is birth control. She stopped at four kids. So she planned their number. Weird. 

So I was poking around the page of one of her fan girls and I came across this:

http://www.jchristoff.com/how-the-pill-is-killing-women-and-killing-natural-sexual-function/

Has part of the world gone stupid and mad? 

And I was also reading some of the comments on her social justice post. Guess what Lori et al? There are lots of people wondering why the church is so silent about the plight of our fellow humans. Sort of like I’m trying to figure out why so many white women voted for Moore. And then I remembered the voting comments that reflected that some of those women vote for the candidate chosen by their spouse. 

I told my DD last night that I expect her to question authority and the status quo and to always stand on the side of justice and fairness. I told her there is a quote I love that says “speak the truth even if your voice shakes”. 

Today is the anniversary of Sandy Hook. Should we tell those families life just isn’t fair? 

11 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I told my DD last night that I expect her to question authority and the status quo and to always stand on the side of justice and fairness. I told her there is a quote I love that says “speak the truth even if your voice shakes”. 

I love this! I am going to tell my daughters that quote!

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Hane, @dairyfreelife, and @lilwriter85,  I watch a fair amount of shows on the Hallmark Channel (The Golden Girls through I Love Lucy) 10 months out of the year.  I turn Hallmark off on October 31st and don't turn it on again until January 1st or maybe 2nd.  I HATE Hallmark movies!  They're dreck!  Too white, too straight and too boring!

Now TCM shows some great Christmas movies and I'm building my own collection.  Even ION's made for TV Christmas movies are more diverse than Hallmark's.

I will occasionally tune into Hallmark if they are showing Golden Girls episodes that I like. I do remember people being upset at Hallmark for editing certain words on The Golden Girls.   I have been tuning into Christmas movies on TCM, AMC, and Freeform. I'll confess that I have watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation way too many times. Hallmark movies are too boring as you and others have said. I now wonder if Lori has seen Christmas Vacation. She would be pissed at the scene of Clark at the lingerine or underwear counter at the store.  Maybe, that's why she tunes into Hallmark movies.

@Frog99 We have a church here who is aga

I remember from the chat room that Lori is against vaccines. While there are many who agree with her, many also disagree with her and support vaccines. This is a matter that they agree to disagree so Lori just says to do your research.

It would make all our lives easier and better if Lori just told people to do their research on all issues. 

10 minutes ago, Joyce said:

@Frog99 We have a church here who is aga

I remember from the chat room that Lori is against vaccines. While there are many who agree with her, many also disagree with her and support vaccines. This is a matter that they agree to disagree so Lori just says to do your research.

It would make all our lives easier and better if Lori just told people to do their research on all issues. 

I could tolerate her slightly better if that’s how she was in all areas. 

She wants women to be keepers at home so she has a “captive” audience. Those are the only friends she’s got. 

I wanna see a Hallmark Movie with death panels.

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

Ninth Circle of Dante's Inferno.

5 hours ago, EowynW said:

"OK … so sorry is a start. Ask her to try again with you and this time ask her is you or someone else she trusts can hold her accountable. 

Jeff, I had many completely frustrated days with my wife where I felt she just did not get “get it” or was just selfishly not wanting to work towards a real marriage. I came to discover that although selfishness plays a role, blindness and past hurts often are the biggest culprits.

One night I had the worst dream of my life and this little nine year old girl was wrapped up in wicked spirits flying all around her crying out for me to help her. I woke up in a cold sweat and thought the dream applied to someone else, but a few months later realized that my wife was the nine year old inside who needed me to help her.

It changed my approach from a frustrated one to one where I systematically set about to love her while gently and consistently calling her out on the lies she was telling herself.

See your wife in a different light as a hurt and lost child inside who now has a shell of a woman on the outside, but needs to grow up on the inside. Set up your game of marriage with her, and when she fails, call her on it without upset and start again and again. As you do so, wait upon the Lord to do the heavy lifting of change that is necessary, all the while you be Christian towards her at all times. Running from her is the furthest thing from being Christian.

I found that by keeping my requests and needs simple and documented in writing, then holding her accountable by making additional requests that she meet those basic requests, that soon she began to meet most of them even if true love and intimacy was not just blossoming. It was at the point of vulnerability when she saw that she could trust me that she began to drop the tough exterior and begin to live out marriage fully as God intended it to be."

@Ken I do believe you have one of the weirdest Christian marriages I've ever seen. 

What the actual fuck...

2 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Not organic? Might as well be NyQuill, then! ;) jk, it sounds amazing and I'm jealous of your skills!

Oh it's super easy to make. I highly recommend it. Here's the recipe I use. I only use a 1/4 cup of honey tho. 

You can also mix it half and half with vodka to make a tincture. Leave out the honey if you do that. 

IMG_1266.PNG

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived