IGNORED

Lori Alexander 34: The Woo Is Strong with this One

(Sighs) It's entirely possible to instill Christian principles and talk about Jesus even if you aren't home 24/7. Considering all my aunts worked and all of my cousins still attend church pretty regularly, I feel pretty safe to say this. Are they theologians? No, but then again most the kids that I have met who have been homeschooled and at home with their mom's have rarely been much more knowledgeable besides maybe being able to find the books of the Bible faster. In terms of relationship with God, I honestly haven't noticed any outstanding differences between kids with working vs SAHMs. 

Also quick question if the man is the spiritual head of the household how is he supposed to do that if he's working three jobs and doesn't really have to help take care of the kids? Is it a Sunday job? A be the one to say a prayer at the table thing? Maybe I'm just being snarky and difficult but idk how he can be the head if he has no involvement in the kid's life. 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh to be a fly on the wall during one of her kid's therapy sessions(not saying they go but I can't think of any people more needful of it).  I don't think Lori was smiley, happy or warm to her kids and I seriously doubt she gave out any positive vibes about Jesus or anyone else.  I think much of their lives were a hell but she will deny it to her dying day.  

How can someone be this deluded?  She really has to work at it.

16 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

@luv2laugh I noticed this picture you posted and can't help but feel incredibly creeped out by it. None of the smiles are real and it just feels wrong looking at it. Idk but I just get that creepy feeling from it.

Oh it gets creepier. I seriously can't believe these aren't stills from some Southern Gothic horror movie coming out in the spring (that I'd totally go see opening night.)

Also, it appears that Ms. Shamblin dresses as a bridesmaid in coordinating colors for every wedding that she officiates.

And yes, this is totally my new Fundie obsession.

gwen-shamblin-family-and-friends-Family.jpg

Gwen-Shamblin-Michael-Shamblin-Elizabeth-Shamblin-Hannah.jpg

Gwen-Shamblin-with-her-Children.jpg

Remnant-Fellowship-Brandon-and-Elizabeth-Hannah-03.jpg

I think the first mystery vegetables are parsnips.  I did not get a good look at the second mystery vegetables but they did look like turnips or RUTABAGAS. 

I seriously cannot imagine doing an instructional cooking video, holding up the ingredients and saying "I don't even know what these are."

Whar the ever lovin' heck? 

I have always believed that you learn while you teach but it is also a good thing to...you know...learn a little BEFORE you teach. *sigh*

FYI on Gwen Shamblin's daughter and her super tall husband. 

Reading a post from one of the ex-church cult members, it seems that Gwen pushed and bullied daughter Elizabeth (then know by her middle(?) name of Michelle) to date Super Tall Man because he was a member of the church cult.  Daughter was less than thrilled but Gwen insisted saying he'd get better looking as he got older (WTF).

Ex-church cult member was disturbed by the conversation and saw the beginnings of arranged/coerced marriages between church members with that exchange. They do seem to marry only within the church or make the non-cult member join up.

As we can see the daughter obviously did date and then marry him, although I'm not so sure about the better looking when older part. 

Her daughter is so tiny she looks like a 10 year old child., which makes the pics with Super Tall Hubby even creepier.

I think I've found the answer to the sashes GS and her family wear -- a reference to putting on the 'belt of righteousness' (with a Biblical reference I think) on the Remnant website

I

5 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

FYI on Gwen Shamblin's daughter and her super tall husband. 

Reading a post from one of the ex-church cult members, it seems that Gwen pushed and bullied daughter Elizabeth (then know by her middle(?) name of Michelle) to date Super Tall Man because he was a member of the church cult.  Daughter was less than thrilled but Gwen insisted saying he'd get better looking as he got older (WTF).

Is there enough interest from FJers for me to start a thread?

4 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Excuse YOU, Mr. Andrew Lillian! Housewives are NEVER materialistic! They would retire to the nearest fainting couch at the thought of dissipating their husbands' substance on frivolous purchases. Every single housewife in the WORLD stays home because it is the most frugal option. Especially Lori.

And with a last name of "Lillian", you sir, have been steeped in the feminist Koolaid.

(Obvious sarcasm)

One young colleague of mine was the sole support of his family after his wife had their baby. This didn’t stop her demands for things like a $4000 dining room table. When he told her he couldn’t see how they could afford it, she just told him, “Then you need to get a better job.”

It’s chilling that in the 21st century there are still women whose career goals equal marrying a paycheck.

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I think the first mystery vegetables are parsnips.  I did not get a good look at the second mystery vegetables but they did look like turnips or RUTABAGAS. 

I seriously cannot imagine doing an instructional cooking video, holding up the ingredients and saying "I don't even know what these are."

Whar the ever lovin' heck? 

I have always believed that you learn while you teach but it is also a good thing to...you know...learn a little BEFORE you teach. *sigh*

Didn't watch the video, but the still looks like bagged salad mix with dressing in a jar. Not saying it is, just saying it looks like it. 

22 minutes ago, Hane said:

One young colleague of mine was the sole support of his family after his wife had their baby. This didn’t stop her demands for things like a $4000 dining room table. When he told her he couldn’t see how they could afford it, she just told him, “Then you need to get a better job.”

It’s chilling that in the 21st century there are still women whose career goals equal marrying a paycheck.

He should tell her to get a job then. Lori would approve though as it's clear she just married for a paycheck too. 

2 minutes ago, EowynW said:

http://phickle.com/why-i-dont-whey-lacto-fermentation-without-starters/

whey in fermented veggies actually isn't desirable. 

@EowynWyou beat me to posting about whey in fermented vegetables. :tw_blush:

I can't imagine how her breath (and house) smell after she opens and eats some of her homemade fermented veggies.  Ken probably plays a lot of basketball on those days.

From her post today . . . 

5a1cb6ccccbc9_LA-respectforothers.PNG.10d32bf4f34ea69ec309cf13685d7eb4.PNG

She's slipping. She forgot to mention that girls need to be trained to respect and reverence their husbands. :laughing-rofl:

Shared the video in my canning/preserving group to ask about safety. While her recipe is meh okay, she's getting flack there for her lack of knowkedge about the veggies she's supposed to be "cooking." Haha

How does a women who is the ultimate housewife and eats only healthy vegetable based meals not know parsnips or rutabagas? I can understand if some people don't know but for a person who talks about buying organic vegetables at the year round farmers market? She really is just a dumb person with no sense of being intrigued and asking questions. When I go to a farmers market and see something that I don't know, I ask what it is.

17 minutes ago, Meeka said:

How does a women who is the ultimate housewife and eats only healthy vegetable based meals not know parsnips or rutabagas? I can understand if some people don't know but for a person who talks about buying organic vegetables at the year round farmers market? She really is just a dumb person with no sense of being intrigued and asking questions. When I go to a farmers market and see something that I don't know, I ask what it is.

Did her sister not tell her what each vegetable was as she was teaching her to make this stuff? Were there no hand printed signs telling the customers what each item was at the farmers' market?  

We only have farmers' markets about two months out of the year; but all the produce is labeled. In fact, the signs not only tell us what each item is, but where it was grown, as several of the sellers drive in from neighboring states. 

3 hours ago, Hane said:

FUCK ME RUNNING. I can't remember how much we paid for our dining room table, but I do know that it's 13 years old and has survived 7 or 8 military moves. I'm dead certain it was not $4000. 

I may have 'married a paycheck' in the sense that I stay at home and Mr. Bonkers does Big Army Things. But the paycheck is way down the list. I married Mr. Bonkers. Not his money .(Spoiler alert: when we got married, I made more money than he did.) We work together to make our money work for our family.

11 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

FUCK ME RUNNING. I can't remember how much we paid for our dining room table, but I do know that it's 13 years old and has survived 7 or 8 military moves. I'm dead certain it was not $4000. 

I may have 'married a paycheck' in the sense that I stay at home and Mr. Bonkers does Big Army Things. But the paycheck is way down the list. I married Mr. Bonkers. Not his money .(Spoiler alert: when we got married, I made more money than he did.) We work together to make our money work for our family.

I don't think I've spent $4000 for all the furniture in my house! We just got rid of the dining room table my in-laws gave us over 30 years ago. They were upgrading, so we got their old one. Our 'new' table is a thrift store find, less than $30. I finally got my farm table. :my_smile:  I have to refinish it, but in the meantime, tablecloths cover a multitude of sins. Oh, the tablecloths came from the thrift store, too. 

Makes me wonder... does Lori even know where the thrift stores are in her area?

My dining room table came from my mom and the kitchen table came from Ikea via my daughter.  I was going to buy it from her and she and her husband just gave it to us. (They wanted to get it out of their house.)  It came in really handy when we had the four girls, three son-in-law and six grandkids here for Thanksgiving. A lot of our furniture are hand-me-downs of some type.

*Looks around my apartment and sees only three pieces of furniture I bought new* my pub dining set that I count as one since they came together;  My cheap desk;  and a small folding side table I got from Aldis makes up the rest.  Throw in a used dresser and chair I bought and it still probably equals less than 200 hundred dollars. Everything else is borrowed or hand-me-downs. Even as one of those wasteful youngins I use things until they're worn out. Heck, my phone is three years old and I don't plan to upgrade as long as it works. My shoes are worn until they wear out and most of my clothes are bought second-hand or on sale. What an evil, money-hungry feminist I am, I must only be working because I want to live with luxuries. Well, at least I know what a parsnip it. 

Can you imagine Lori ever saying this? Sorry for all her followers who are trapped in bad situations that are staying because of her advice. And all the POS husbands she's enabling  

IMG_1070.PNG

Today's post is just a "woe is me" (to quote my grandmother) fest. 

No one has ever slandered or lied about her. Where does she get that? 

If I was going to lie about her I'd say she was the sweetest, kindest, most loving women blogger I'd met. Bless her heart. ;) 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived