IGNORED

Lori Alexander 34: The Woo Is Strong with this One

Laura's testimony of being involved with Gwen Shamblin's Remnant Fellowship cult is truly riveting and disturbing: http://www.spiritwatch.org/RFtest4.htm

"You called the office and talked with Jenny and said something about being pregnant and that you did not want to report your weight to Leadership...Let me tell you Laura that I was shock when I saw you in Houston, that you had not lost any more weight that you have since this past summer.  Your body just can't go on in this state.... I need to have Charlie Crossland call and counsel you cause he lost 330 lbs in 18 months....There is no reason why you have not lost your weight.... Your weight should be coming off at nearly 10 lbs per week.  Laura, I'm scared for you.  Now remember Laura I could not be saying this to you if I didn't love you so much. Mark, you ought to be getting after her every time she is disobedient.  Do not to let this over-indulging with food continue.  Mark I want you to put Laura on the scales every week and call me with her weight loss.  Laura I want you to get up in front of that Houston Remnant and confess your sin of greed of food to them and tell them that you are going to step down in leadership and show them who your God really is.  Laura, get the weight off.  I also want you to find someone in your WDA group to take over your class and you step down as a coordinator.  Laura, I should have put a stop to you 5 years ago and I didn't.  You should have never had this weight on your body this long...but I love you and I want to help you.  Please understand Laura that I could only say these things to you because I love you.  I want the best for you." 

Is it just me or does the make-up bear a striking resemblance to Bride in Black from Insidious?

Should someone start a Gwen Shamblin- Remnant Fellowship/ Weign Down Ministry thread?

gwen shamblin.JPG

Spoiler

bride in black.jpg

shamblin3.jpg

insidious 2.jpg

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Koala said:

She must spend a good bit of time reading here, because after it was mentioned that most of her videos begin with her staring open mouthed into the camera, she has gone back and made "covers" for all 72 videos.  

Almost makes me wonder if she's polishing things up for a new book release.  She had mentioned that she was thinking of writing a second. 

Another possibility would be that she's going to try to market her weight/food obsession.

She's had a lot of posts about weight/only eating your portion/what so and so was eating lately.  Then there's the influx of cooking related videos.  Maybe a cookbook w/ a side of rant about "making your body your slave" and "disciplining your flesh"?  Who knows...it'd be a "fun" new way for her to control other women, right? 

That actually makes sense- “lifestyle blogger”- explains the recent YouTube videos with recipes and health tips (loose definitions). It also explains the insta stories she has been doing. I follow a few older bloggers- but they have great style and their content is more relevant to me as a professional woman. And even though their outfit posts are beyond my price point, the outfits I like can be recreated at my price point- a look for less type thing (I miss that show). 

Tonights doodle is about men as providers, yada yada. My DH is a great provider but I still work. Cue the responses from those who fault feminism; a new fangirl says it is possible and that they usually make ends meet. Meh. I don’t find your life all that appealing but as a feminist, I will endlessly argue for your right to have that choice. 

This is Gwen Shamblin's daughter Elizabeth pictured with her 4th baby. Elizabeth is also pictured below next to her husband, Brandon Hannah, with the rest of her children.

How does Gwen get her hair THAT high?! I need to ask her for tips on volume... 

shamblin.jpg

Spoiler

shamblin2.jpg

hair shamblin.jpg

@luv2laugh holy crap- 10 pounds per week?? And 330 pounds in 18 months sounds too fast to me but I’m not trained in that so maybe not. Either way, that woman has an awful obsession with food and control of others. 

And I can’t believe that pic of her daughter holding her 4th child. I thought it was a 12 year old! Same with the family picture! 

And the hair I can’t figure out either- maybe some sort of hair bump accessory? Or lots of teasing and hair spray?? 

shamblin2.jpg@luv2laugh I noticed this picture you posted and can't help but feel incredibly creeped out by it. None of the smiles are real and it just feels wrong looking at it. Idk but I just get that creepy feeling from it.

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

shamblin2.jpg@luv2laugh I noticed this picture you posted and can't help but feel incredibly creeped out by it. None of the smiles are real and it just feels wrong looking at it. Idk but I just get that creepy feeling from it.

I find it creepy too.

I find it extremely disturbing that Lori hasn't responded to the 500 cal/day woman.  There is a 500 calorie diet that is supposed to make you drop weight very quickly, but you need your doctor's approval to embark on it, you're not supposed to follow it for more than 40 days, and you need to give your body 6 weeks to recover from it.

I doubt any MD would ever support what this husband is doing to his wife. She needs to get some help before it's too late and her heart or her kidneys give out on her. 

Calories per day. There is a misconception that all women need 1800 to 2000 calories per day and men 2000 to 2200 per day. 

Mayo Clinic has a calculator on how many calories to eat if you want to loose weight - https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/weight-loss/itt-20084941  In my height, age and weight I should eat 1200/day- to loose weight. If I want to maintain my weight I need to eat around 1600 calories (sedentary life) and if I am really active 1800-2000 depending on how active. This chart by WebMD shows what to eat for maintaining weight. https://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/calories-chart

I don't like the chart because it doesn't take into consideration height differences. A woman 5'2" and another one 5'8" need different calorie intake. A dietitian or MD/DO please correct my info.

Last thing, my info is no way negating how horrible the lady on Lori's f/b diet is for any person. 500 to 800 calories is in NO way healthy. I am not excusing that abusive husband and Lori for condoning it (By not calling out the horrible behavior)

4 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I am not excusing that abusive husband and Loir for condoning it (By not calling out the horrible behavior)

Exactly.  Lori is oh-so-quick to delete comments she disagrees with, she has said it herself. I don't think it's an unreasonable conclusion that if she lets it stand, without argument or deletion, that she is condoning a husband starving his wife. 

Here’s what I don’t understand. How do Shamblin and her daughter restrict calories to that extent AND have such glorious, thick hair? 

Here’s what I don’t understand. How do Shamblin and her daughter restrict calories to that extent AND have such glorious, thick hair? 

Extensions. No way that Shamblin’s is all her own.

That "testimony" really bothers me, but not for Laura, as much as for her daughter, Stacey.  

Why were they trying to "straighten" out a 20 year old woman, and "bring her under their authority"?  Especially when it was breathtakingly clear that they had no idea what the hell they were doing, themselves!

Then they stole a car she had always paid for??  She paid the down payment, insurance, and every single payment.  The car may have been in their names, but they absolutely stole it from her.  To top it all off, they kept the car after she had to buy a new one!  At the very least, they should have sold it, and reimbursed her for every dime she had invested in it. 

What kind of people do something like that to their own daughter?!?!

And then claiming she didn't even know her daughter, because at 20, she was living with a man?  No.  That's insanity.  She's a grown woman, and didn't need their permission or endorsement to do anything!  At 20, I owned my own house, and I certainly wasn't looking for my mother's approval.  

I am sorry, but there's something off about the whole story to me, and I honestly just hope their adult daughter escaped their special brand of nuttery.

I can’t stop looking at Gwen’s Instagram. The photo that @luv2laugh posted above is the best example though.  Here she is all dolled up with a heavy layer of unflattering lipstick, LBD, pearls (or diamonds, whatever) and the perfect pose.  She presumably looked in the mirror and approved this photo as the ideal way to present herself to the viewing public.  Let me repeat that: she looked in the mirror!  And thought: shit, my hair looks so beautiful.  I need to read no more from this woman to know that her brain must be malfunctioning.  

33 minutes ago, Koala said:

Then they stole a car she had always paid for??  She paid the down payment, insurance, and every single payment.  The car may have been in their names, but they absolutely stole it from her.  To top it all off, they kept the car after she had to buy a new one!  At the very least, they should have sold it, and reimbursed her for every dime she had invested in it. 

Later on

After I hung up with them, I called our daughter Stacey and told her about Remnant being a cult and that Uncle Bill and Aunt Kay were on their way.  I told her that we were wrong taking her car and I told her to come and get it.  I asked her to forgive us for doing the things that we did and she forgave us.  I told her that we wanted some time with her so that we could help straighten her out.  I encouraged her to find a good church home.  She ended up coming over that afternoon while my uncle was there.  She had just recently bought another car and she tried to get out of the contract but they would have kept her $1,500.00 down payment so she decided to just keep her new car.  It was good to see Stacey that day!

Excuse YOU, Mr. Andrew Lillian! Housewives are NEVER materialistic! They would retire to the nearest fainting couch at the thought of dissipating their husbands' substance on frivolous purchases. Every single housewife in the WORLD stays home because it is the most frugal option. Especially Lori.

And with a last name of "Lillian", you sir, have been steeped in the feminist Koolaid.

(Obvious sarcasm)

On 11/25/2017 at 5:01 PM, lilwriter85 said:

I already hate this Gwen Shamblin. Have people tried to bring her down?

Gwen is on the outs in most Evangelical circles because she is anti-Trinitarian - so she basically refutes a core doctrine of all of orthodox Christianity.

@ViolaSebastian, I agree with @louisa05 that most likely Gwen's thick hair is due to extensions.  I don't think it's glorious, though.  It reminds me a lot of a bus driver I had in elementary school or junior high.  She had this teased mop that sat high above the crown of the head.  I was fascinated by her hair.

Gwen's followers seem fanatically in love with her/ her church cult.  They see the rest of us as in rebellion to Gwen/God (sort of one and the same).  We are counterfeit Christians attending counterfeit churches

1 hour ago, Koala said:

That "testimony" really bothers me, but not for Laura, as much as for her daughter, Stacey.  

Why were they trying to "straighten" out a 20 year old woman, and "bring her under their authority"?  Especially when it was breathtakingly clear that they had no idea what the hell they were doing, themselves!

And then claiming she didn't even know her daughter, because at 20, she was living with a man?  No.  That's insanity.  She's a grown woman, and didn't need their permission or endorsement to do anything!  At 20, I owned my own house, and I certainly wasn't looking for my mother's approval.  

I am sorry, but there's something off about the whole story to me, and I honestly just hope their adult daughter escaped their special brand of nuttery.

You owned your own house at 20? Count me very impressed.

Just now, Hisey said:

You owned your own house at 20? Count me very impressed.

I actually owned it at 19 (and by then I'd been married for a year).  We've lived here since, and I don't think we'll ever move.  It's small, but I love it.

I was on a very restricted diet for a long time because my digestive system shut down and it did some truly distressing things to me - my appearance (downy 'lanugo' hair on my face and body, painfully dry skin that would crack and bleed, hair falling out in clumps, grey pallor) was particularly noticeable. I understand why they all seem to wear such a lot of make up. 

I felt as though I was running on empty (because I was), had no interest in anything, was constantly freezing, and had no patience. I would cry all the time and be super mean and snarky all the time. I probably should have got some of that out of my system on here rather than lurking, but I just didn't have the motivation.

@quiversR4hunting is right about the 2000 calories a day being too much for many women. I think my dietitian/intestinal failure team use a combination of formulae, but the Henry equation (2005) is often used if you're interested. It's based on weight rather than height and there are factors for being active and/or metabolically stressed (e.g. having surgery, fighting a raging infection)

Spoiler

Appendix_A8.pdf

I don't need more than 1600 calories a day, most of which comes in a specially prepared bag that I infuse into a line inserted into the vein just above my heart every night. I'm still able to absorb certain things when I eat/drink and it's really interesting to note how easy it is to gain/lose weight when most of my intake is fixed at just under what I need (I think it's inhuman not to want to eat, or at least it would be for me).

Eating too little for a long time can cause really nasty long term effects, from reduced bone density to gastroparesis (where the stomach slows down or stops working), as well as an increased susceptibility to infections (I had constant infections for almost 5 years until we got my nutrition sorted properly). Being very underweight and deficient in certain things can put an enormous strain on heart, kidneys, lungs and other organs. 

I could absolutely shake Lori and GS for encouraging this irresponsible behaviour and promoting it as godly. It almost makes me want to cry (I haven't connected up to my food for the night so I'm probably hangry)

So she says just now the number one reason women need to stay home is because their children need to hear about Jesus. What you can't talk about Jesus in morning, evenings, nights and all day on weekends. Do they have to get a Jesus talk every hour on the hour? Come on. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived