IGNORED

Lori Alexander 34: The Woo Is Strong with this One

The entire basis of Lori's philosophy is flawed. If men are stronger, smarter, leaders, and closer to God, why do they have to be mollycoddled so much? Shouldn't it be the reverse? Why does she expect everything from weak, stupid, follower, not made in the image of God women? 

Something is seriously wrong with Lori and I can't stand her.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Koala said:

Wrong. The husband is commanded to love his wife as Christ loved the church - Christ does not command the impossible. Therefore, yes, a husband can and is commanded to love his wife, as Christ loved the church. You wives to to support and encourage your husband on this journey.

And now a woman comes in to tell the man he is wrong! Be interesting how this goes! I bet Lori too will jump in and teach this man he is wrong. 

YOU SIR, ARE WRONG. WE ARE COMMANDED TO LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, MIND, SOUL, AND STRENGTH. OVER TIME AS WE GROW UP IN CHRIST'S LOVE FOR US, WE LEARN NOT TO BE SO SELF CENTERED, AN SELFISH. ONLY GOD THROUGH HOLY SPIRIT CAN WE LEARN TO DO THIS AS WE PUT GOD FIRST. NEVER LIKE JESUS DID. BUT WE "PRESS ON TOWARD THE GOAL FOR THE PRIZE OF THE HIGH CALLING OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS." PHIL. 3:14

UPDATE- 10 mins later both comments are gone now!

I love how she says men are always to be respected and never argued with, yet she and her readers routinely talk down to men who disagree with them. And women married to men who disagree with him. I remember Lori & Ken basically calling my husband a feminist wuss for allowing me to vote differently than him. 

35 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

And now a woman comes in to tell the man he is wrong! Be interesting how this goes! I bet Lori too will jump in and teach this man he is wrong. 

UPDATE- 10 mins later both comments are gone now!

So she deleted a post from a man, who was backing up his statement with the Bible she claims to believe, and she deletes it. I'd like to hear the mental gymnastics that went into that decision. He's a MAN, and men always know best!  He was simply quoting a command from the Bible. It's so clear, even a child could understand it, and God never commands anyone to do the impossible...right, Lori?  Right?  *crickets* 

Her version of marriage honestly doesn't sound like a marriage. It makes me remember when the guy that literally took over my old church said suring a sermon " if I wasn't a Christian, I would have probably left my wife and children". If you're gonna say crap like that in front on your wife and kids, maybe they'd be better off without you. But he was able to say that without remorse because his wife was to just submit to him and have babies. Rumor says she wouldn't vote in church because he was the head. He said other things that made me uncomfortable regarding their marriage. Of course, he was kinda a jerk in general.

Anyways, if future husband isn't loving me and respecting me as he is commanded to by the Bible I believe that I am able to say something. A good husband would be grieved to realize he is hurting his wife so why should we prevent him from learning and instead suffer in silence.

Way to encourage women to rob their husbands of a better more fulfilling marriage! Go you!  

Of the comments remaining, there's one fellow who mentions that Christ did not do things with his emotions--I assume meaning he wasn't lead by them.  Where exactly do they get that idea from??  He got pissed enough at the bankers to ransack their building.  Isn't that emotional?  From the little bit I read and was taught, I've seen that he wept, he felt sorrow, he felt joy, he felt anger....all of which he acted on in some form or fashion.  

The constant criminalization of women just gets damn tiring!  I love my husband, but I won't worship a human being.  

45 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Of the comments remaining, there's one fellow who mentions that Christ did not do things with his emotions--I assume meaning he wasn't lead by them.  Where exactly do they get that idea from??  He got pissed enough at the bankers to ransack their building.  Isn't that emotional?  From the little bit I read and was taught, I've seen that he wept, he felt sorrow, he felt joy, he felt anger....all of which he acted on in some form or fashion.  

The constant criminalization of women just gets damn tiring!  I love my husband, but I won't worship a human being.  

I think they believe the faulty premise that acting out of emotions is always bad. However, people rarely seen to just act out of emotions. It's usually a combination of emotions and thoughts, hence why CBT helps people challenge negative thoughts to help their emotions. Regardless, God gave us emotions for a reason.

Lori because you probably read on here and seem to believe the same as the person making the comment. Compassion is a wonderful example of a beautiful emotion. I am moved to compassion by people's suffering. That's good, we should feel compassion. Suffering makes us sad, even our own suffering. Jesus felt pain and sadness in the garden, it motivated him to pray. He was moved to compassion to touch the leper. He mourned the sin and pain in this world. 

After reading Lori's posts for the last several days, I think she and Ken had a knock-down drag-out recently and he left for vacation without her.  Her passive aggressive apologies to him written in the form of a blog are so obvious.  It's as if she's pleading...Ken, please come home, I will be the best, sexiest wife, ever.

JMO

@Joyce she has a Pinterest page but I think it’s just full of her blog posts. It’s been a while since I looked. I don’t know of any others. 

@Carol I think something has happened. It seems to me that while she generally harps on the same topics she does mix it up a bit. But lately not so much. 

I can see this fight thing being possible. It seems to be saying I'll be a more submissive wife but you need to hurry up and be convicted by the lord because I can't do it. 

Reader:

I don't believe the wife put these expectations on the husband, the bible did knowing fully well that our husbands are not perfect. 

I believe a husband can and will love his wife as Christ loved the church. 

Yes it did, and that's why Lori will have to delete your comment. 

This is yet another scenario in which Lori's convictions don't agree with the Bible, and all references to scripture must be deleted.  

If The Book of Lori says that men should be free of biblical expectations, then they should be free.  

49 minutes ago, Carol said:

After reading Lori's posts for the last several days, I think she and Ken had a knock-down drag-out recently and he left for vacation without her.  Her passive aggressive apologies to him written in the form of a blog are so obvious.

-Cosign.  I think these messages are directed at Ken.  Lori has a history of using her blog to let her family know what's on her mind.

She did at least 2 (maybe more) posts on Beauty and the Beast.  Turned out, her daughter and dil were posting on a public Instagram about going to see it.  

Her latest rant on women's retreats?  Yeah, her dil was going to one...what a coincidence! :pb_rollseyes:

Lori:

Men are not created to be bossed around or criticized by their wives and they instinctively know it

Of course men don't appreciate being bossed around or criticized.  Who would?

Well, apparently Ken thinks Lori was created for it, because in June he wrote the following comment on her blog:

Now I forgot what I was criticizing you about :) .

Lori replies:

I won’t try to remind you! (Most likely, I forgot to bring your lemonade on time!  )

So a man should NOT be expected to obey scripture.  When he (inevitably) doesn't, he should be freed of following Biblical commands, and his wife should slap a big ol' smile on her face.  Under no circumstances should he be called out, because he "instinctively knows" that he wasn't created for criticism. 

A wife, on the other hand, should always submit.  She shouldn't complain, because God's commands aren't burdensome, and the Holy Spirit is working mightily in her.  Besides that, her husband's very soul depends on her alone.  I mean really, does she want it to be all her fault if he goes to hell? 

Further, if she doesn't submit, the husband and the church should discipline her. 

Remember, don't hold back the criticism.  If your wife is late with your lemonade, go ahead and tell her what you think of her.  It's the godly thing to do- after all, she instinctively knows she was created to be bossed around and criticized.  

Side note- What is this "instinctively knows" bs?  If anyone dared tell Lori they "instinctively" knew anything, she would be all over them, declaring that the Bible doesn't say anything about instinct!

Side note 2- I would love for one of these readers to ask Lori if she's deleting references to scripture (and even comments that only contain scripture) because she hates God and "His ways", or if she doesn't believe the Bible.  That's what she always says to her readers when they disagree with her, so how much more should they say it, when she is deleting the Bible??

*HYPOCRISY ALERT*

On Lori's IG story, she shows the Christmas decor in her family room.  She says she decorates "simple" and may not even put up a tree because they have two one-year-olds coming for Christmas. 

Wait just one minute!

Is Lori implying that one should forego a Christmas tree because a baby may not have the self control to leave the ornaments alone?  Is she implying that these babies should not be trained to keep their hands to themselves? Doesn't Lori tell the rest of us that babies must learn to obey and that a smack on the hand is the best way to teach them this obedience? Doesn't Lori encourage young parents to use a leather strap or PVC pipe on these disobedient babies?  Isn't this disobedience considered sin in Lori's teaching? 

Why can't those young parents control these babies? Why skip Christmas festivities because these young parents are clearly lazy and ungodly with their lack of discipline?

Could it be that these deplorable standards are only applicable to those of us who are not born under the Lori Alexander umbrella of greatness?  

These questions will keep me awake tonight.  

Also, I despise that woman and her double standards  

I messaged the man who said she was wrong and who was deleted and I got this nice reply:

Thank you. It is sad when Christians accept failure as part of their Christian walk. My goal as a husband is not only to love my wife as Christ loved the church, but to let Christ love her through me. Grace and peace be with you.

1 minute ago, usmcmom said:

*HYPOCRISY ALERT*

On Lori's IG story, she shows the Christmas decor in her family room.  She says she decorates "simple" and may not even put up a tree because they have two one-year-olds coming for Christmas. 

Wait just one minute!

Is Lori implying that one should forego a Christmas tree because a baby may not have the self control to leave the ornaments alone?  Is she implying that these babies should not be trained to keep their hands to themselves? Doesn't Lori tell the rest of us that babies must learn to obey and that a smack on the hand is the best way to teach them this obedience? Doesn't Lori encourage young parents to use a leather strap or PVC pipe on these disobedient babies?  Isn't this disobedience considered sin in Lori's teaching? 

Why can't those young parents control these babies? Why skip Christmas festivities because these young parents are clearly lazy and ungodly with their lack of discipline?

Could it be that these deplorable standards are only applicable to those of us who are not born under the Lori Alexander umbrella of greatness?  

These questions will keep me awake tonight.  

Also, I despise that woman and her double standards  

Wow, can you screenshot that? I can never find her IG stories. 

4 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

*HYPOCRISY ALERT*

Oh please, Lori posted years ago about not putting up a tree.

The REAL reason:

I decluttered my decorations years ago so it wouldn't take me hours to decorate and take down. Once all my decorations were up, I asked Ken if it was okay not to put a tree up. It takes a lot of time to put all the ornaments on it and take down. He said he didn't care, so we aren't having a Christmas tree this year. Yay! Christmas trees are a LOT of work.

She doesn't want a tree because they are too much work (in her opinion).  That's fine.  But it's NOT the fault of her grandchildren. 

@AlwaysDiscerning I can't screen shot it because it is just her voice as she pans the room with her camera. 

IG stories are active if there is a circle around the person's profile picture. I think they last 24 hours. A red circle means it is new; a grey circle means it is still available but not new content. Hope that makes sense. 

Not putting up a Christmas tree?? It makes me sad that I might not have one in my apartment this year since I can't really afford one but idk they're special to me. Every year my family and I decorate after Thanksgiving, it's a tradition. If it's a lot of work just get a fake one; where I work I literally put up a Chritmas three in about a minute because it's just three separate pieces. It's a gorgeous tree too with frosted branches. It looks lovely with red and gold ornaments. I'm a little envious that I don't have such a pretty tree.

But maybe it's more work when you aren't allowed to ask your husband to help. After all, he instinctively knows Christmas decorating is not manly and should be left to the weaker, more simple minded woman. 

My family always help each other with decorations. If I were to get married I would definitely want to make a tradition of decorating with my husband while drinking wine. 

The following comment has been deleted:

I don't believe the wife put these expectations on the husband, the bible did knowing fully well that our husbands are not perfect. 

I believe a husband can and will love his wife as Christ loved the church. 

Why was this comment deleted?  It's simply referencing this portion of scripture:

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Should that verse be removed from scripture since it detracts from Lori's message?  Does Lori not believe that verse?  She's said she believes the scriptures were inspired by God, so was God just wrong to allow this to be in the Bible?  

I am genuinely curious.  Are certain portions of the Bible now objectionable?

24 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Not putting up a Christmas tree?? It makes me sad that I might not have one in my apartment this year since I can't really afford one but idk they're special to me. Every year my family and I decorate after Thanksgiving, it's a tradition. If it's a lot of work just get a fake one; where I work I literally put up a Chritmas three in about a minute because it's just three separate pieces. It's a gorgeous tree too with frosted branches. It looks lovely with red and gold ornaments. I'm a little envious that I don't have such a pretty tree.

But maybe it's more work when you aren't allowed to ask your husband to help. After all, he instinctively knows Christmas decorating is not manly and should be left to the weaker, more simple minded woman. 

My family always help each other with decorations. If I were to get married I would definitely want to make a tradition of decorating with my husband while drinking wine. 

We put ours up and drink wassail and wear silly Santa hats while Mr. Sings to the radio. Ours isn't up yet this year. Life keeps getting in the way. :( 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

She doesn't want a tree because they are too much work (in her opinion).  That's fine.  But it's NOT the fault of her grandchildren. 

And how often do you put up a Christmas tree? Once a year. That's it. You put it up once a year and take it down again once a year. Yeah, it's a little bit of work, but so what? The result is something joyful to celebrate a holiday that, incidentally, Lori, you dumbass, is really important to Christianity. 

(Yes, I know, pagan festivals, solstice, Jesus wasn't born in December, yada, yada, yada...the reality is that decorating, including a tree has become part of the tradition of celebrating the nativity of Christ. Because the first stuff can be true and it can still be a tradition associated with the Christian celebration. The fact that Mrs. Perfect Christian Lori is too lazy to decorate for a major Christian holiday is pretty pathetic.)

The no tree thing is crazy. Nothing a little bit of your husband's substance can't fix. There are companies you can pay to hang your outdoor lights and probably the same for indoor work. Decorating is half the fun. I don't get for someone who is always on about beautifying your home and decorating you would think this would be something she is really into.  Isn't she having  anyone, family, over for Christmas? Maybe that is it really. She knows no one will visit her so its depressing to decorate without anyone to show it off too. Like the wedding photos of all her kids she posted today on IG. She says that is to remind visitors about the beauty of marriage, but no its her way of showing off her allegedly perfect kids who all married perfectly and have no real problems. What if one of her kids were gay or didn't marry? That sure would have thrown her imaging off. 

I think that you need to have an instagram account to see the IG stories.  I'm not a member, and have never been able to see one, though I can see the regular pictures.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived