IGNORED

Lori Alexander 34: The Woo Is Strong with this One

Lori said: "If we can't pare our clothes down to 33 pieces, there's something wrong with us" and "It's about 65 degrees in the winter here and 75 in the summer so we have NO reason to have more than 33 pieces of clothing."

I say: "If we can't be satisfied with a clean working kitchen, there's something wrong with us" and "The refrigerator, stove, and sink are all good, so we have no reason to remodel a kitchen."

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where on earth did the arbitrary number of 33 come from?  Is she counting undergarments and socks in the "33 pieces" - I wear more than 33 pieces of clothing (including all garments) in a week.  For example, right now I have on 7 pieces of clothing, and because it's cold outside, I had on 8 when I left the house this morning.  In fact, because I wore pajamas last night,and had on a robe, it's another 4.  So just in one day I've worn 12 pieces of clothing.  

I imagine we could count more than 33 pieces of clothing in the pictures she's posted of herself. . . 

I agree that all marriages are different and people should do what works best for them.  But vacationing with family members in such a beautiful resort area such as the Caymans during their anniversary?  I can't imagine that Princess Lori voluntarily passed that up without a damn good reason.  Her entire life is just one big vacation from work and reality.  Maybe her issue is with Alyssa and not Ken??  If so, just imagine the grief she has given Ken for going without her.

OMG, Lori. Some of us live in locales where the weather varies by more than 10 degrees over the year. Shit, in Nebraska it varies by more than 10 degrees in an hour. We start doing our blizzard prep in August.

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I did Ancestry DNA a couple years ago. I wonder which part of my French/German (24%), Irish (34%) Scandinavian (16%) Great Britain(15%) it resides in! Or maybe it is in the less than 10% of my ethnicity. (I can trace which family members came from French/German border and Ireland, the rest was news to me!)

Now, Loveday, what do we do if our ancestry regions don't cross, could one of our DNA be wrong?! Could science be wrong for us or for Lori's claim that cleaning is in our DNA? :evil-laugh:

:pb_lol:

I'm really not sure just why I even ordered the kit, to be honest. On both sides of my family, it's all white, northwest European, going back at least three hundred years. British (English, some Scots, and a bit of Welsh), and German/Swiss, with a slight possibility of some French (that pesky border between Germany and France kept moving back and forth, as I see you've had experience with, too!). There's just nothing in all my research to indicate anything else.  I do have one direct ancestor in the 1700s who supposedly had a Native American mistress as well as a white wife, but of course I'm descended from the white wife, dammit. Totally boring family tree. I'm hoping for a Viking or two to show up, though. Some of my English ancestors came from the north of England, so it's possible. 

But I bet my housekeeping DNA is from the Germans and Swiss. My German/Swiss Grandma was the cleanest woman I've ever known. :chores-mop::chores-laundry::chores-vacuum:

@AuntKrazy The 33 pieces of clothing does not include pajamas and underclothing (and probably socks and other hosiery). She read it in a minimalist book from Joshua Becker.

@TeddyBonkers We live in tropical climates with temperatures at 30-35 C (80-95 F)  that we already sweat as soon as we get out of the bath room. We have to Change clothes daily.

15 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

OMG, Lori. Some of us live in locales where the weather varies by more than 10 degrees over the year. Shit, in Nebraska it varies by more than 10 degrees in an hour. We start doing our blizzard prep in August.

This week my area dropped 15-20 degrees in 24 hours. My area is 18F to 83F, sometimes we get down to single digits (rarely negatives, unless it is windchill) and we do get some 90+ degree days.

I am with @AuntKrazy, I've worn 11 items just today. Just my running gear will be over 10 items because of 80 degree runs or 15 degree runs. After reading @Joyce comment, I am down to 3 items today, 5 if count coat and gloves.

She is such a hypocritical witch.

@Joyce Thank you for the clarification!  

If I only had 33 pieces of other clothing, though, I'd have to do laundry almost every day.  

Of course, I live with 4 seasons of the year and have a job that requires different levels of formality in dress at times.  There are days where we are supposed to wear jeans to work, and days to wear a business suit.  Most days are in between with "business casual"

5 minutes ago, Loveday said:

(that pesky border between Germany and France kept moving back and forth, as I see you've had experience with, too!).

So, we are related! ;) Yes, that boarder. The old gravestones are in current Germany but my maiden last name is more French in appearance.

I was shocked at the Scandinavian, I hadn't heard of anyone with that in my genealogy search.

Mr. Shrew is a stay-at-home house husband until his new job starts in January, so he's been doing most of the housework, including laundry & cooking. He likes housework more than I do, too. 
Oh no! He has female DNA!

And my DNA kit must have been faulty. No sign of housework anywhere!

16 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Well, I was gone all day which means I wasn’t here to guard my home from evil (I don’t even know how evil befalls a vacant home). Fortunately, my crockpot was not harmed and I was able to serve a from scratch nourishing meal for my family. 

We would starve if it weren't for the crock pot.  I HATE cooking (think I mentioned the before) and godless, heathen me married  man who loves to cook and does a fantastic job of it.  I have guard cats to protect my home. I spend my days being a horrible woman caring for hospice patients.  Then I come home to a home cooked meal that my loving husband prepared for us.  Then, horror of horrors, I watch evil godless shows like The Handmaids Tale and Harlots.  I don't clean until friday.  My daughter washes dishes.  I'm such a horrible titus 2 woman.  

Your post reminded me of a Lutheran joke:  Why do Lutherans sit at the back of the church?  In case of fire, they can run to the fellowship hall and save the coffee urn. :) 

6 minutes ago, FeministShrew said:

Mr. Shrew is a stay-at-home house husband until his new job starts in January, so he's been doing most of the housework, including laundry & cooking. He likes housework more than I do, too. 
Oh no! He has female DNA!

And my DNA kit must have been faulty. No sign of housework anywhere!

Isn't it grand when you have a husband who loves to cook?  My husband isn't great in the house work department (and neither am I) so we have a cleaning lady come in once a week to clean (I vacuum every other day though).   I am a godless, evil feminist, aren't I?

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

I just ordered an Ancestry DNA kit. I wonder if it will show the housework DNA along with my ethnic heritage (I'm dying to find out if I'll be trading my lederhosen for a kilt! :pb_lol:).  I'll let y'all know. :shifty-kitty:

My mum did the whole DNA thing and got odd results.  Her father is 1/2 German (his mom is from Germany), her mother is English and Scottish.  The DNA results were that she is Spanish, English and Scottish.  And more Spanish than the other two.  My sister did the same DNA testing and no Spanish, no English, but German, Scottish, and American Indian-which we got on our mothers side.  It's really weird because our father is Anglo (both his mum and dad).  

Mum is going to try Ancestry this time.

14 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

So, we are related! ;) Yes, that boarder. The old gravestones are in current Germany but my maiden last name is more French in appearance.

I was shocked at the Scandinavian, I hadn't heard of anyone with that in my genealogy search.

Are your ancestors from the Alsace-Lorraine region? Or the Palatinate? If so, we are almost certainly related somewhere along the line! :pb_smile:

One of my dad's lines is the one that may possibly have some Scandinavian. His mother's maiden name tells me that at some early point, the family was from Yorkshire. I've only gotten that line back to London in the 1600s, though, and probably won't be able to get much farther back than that unless I get really lucky and hook up with a 'gateway' ancestor who links me to royalty or nobility, which is seriously not likely to happen!

I actually have less than 33 pieces of clothing (not counting underthings).  Way less.  I could fit every item of clothing I own in one bag.  I own two pairs of shoes, 1 pair of earrings, my engagement ring, and my wedding band. That's by choice.  I grew up with people who leaned heavily towards hoarding, so I am prone to toss out anything that isn't nailed down.  

*That said*- I am a sahm.  Before that I was a sahw.  I don't need work clothes, and we're Atheist, so I don't need church clothes either.  I live in a warmer climate, so I don't need a wide variety of clothing to cover wild swings in the weather.  I don't wear shorts, skirts, or dresses, so I only have pants (3 pair of yoga, 1 pair of jeans, and 1 pair of dress pants).  If it gets over that, I start tossing.

Lori would be in a wild eyed panic if she had to limit her wardrobe to what I keep on hand for myself (no one else in my house travels so lightly- just me, and for reasons I listed above).  

Lori said:

"If we can't pare our clothes down to 33 pieces, there's something wrong with us" and "It's about 65 degrees in the winter here and 75 in the summer so we have NO reason to have more than 33 pieces of clothing."

This is a prime example of how Lori thinks like a rather ignorant child. 

Unless by "we" she means "Ken and I", then she is being willfully obtuse.  Not everyone lives in California.  Not everyone stays at home.  Not everyone is happy with only 33 items of clothing.

Setting such a number and implying that there's "something wrong" with those who don't adhere to it, is legalism.  It's Lori setting completely unbiblical rules for her followers.  It's why she's a Pharisee.

Stupid Lori simply cannot accept a fundamental truth...NOT ALL WOMEN/MEN/PEOPLE ARE THE SAME!

LMAO at cleaning DNA. She really is dense. 

Biiiggg siiigghhh.  There ya'll go again using your emotional woman brains.  Clearly if you have 33 pieces of clothing or less you will need to do laundry, which keeps you at home and busy!  And if you have a properly strict headship that requires you to wash the clothes by hand and use a line to dry, so much the better!  You aren't doomed by the idleness of waiting for the modern convenience of a machine to do it for you!  GAh.  Do ya'll even READ the blog???  (**staahhpp throwing potatoes at me! it's funny dammit!) 

When I was wearing uniforms daily, clothing was easy.  I had a weeks worth of shirts and pants already to go.  I didn't start accumulating clothing until I stopped doing industry work and my husband decided I needed nicer clothes that didn't include black tank tops and tee shirts with holes at the hem where I open beer bottles.  My husbands clothing collection dwarfs mine....I really didn't know a man could own and wear that much stuff!!! 

And that bitch can keep her judgemental ass out of my closet. I'm a clothes horse and not apologetic about it. What the hell does her dictating other people's wardrobes have to do with being a transformed wife? Her controlling nature is off the charts. Eleventy UGHs.

Mr. SB is a clothes horse also. We both have worked hard to enjoy what we can do for ourselves that we could not do when we were younger. Neither one of us had much as children. Lori stole that 33 item thing, I first saw it a while back on some minimalist blog.

So once again, Fuck Lori.

Fun game:

If we can't limit ourselves to one Facebook page, there's something wrong with us. God commands women to keep their homes, not keep their Facebook accounts, so we have NO reason to have more than 1 Facebook page.  Facebook isn't mentioned anywhere in the Bible!

If we can't limit ourselves to a home worth much less than a million dollars, there's something wrong with us.  Matthew 19:24 says it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to get into heaven.  We have NO reason to store up our treasures on earth!

I we can't limit ourselves to NO vacation, there's something wrong with us!  Godliness with contentment is great gain, and leaving our homes to go somewhere else (for several freaking months) shows that we aren't content with what we have.  Not one time is vacation mentioned in the Bible.

This is fun...anyone else?

28 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Are your ancestors from the Alsace-Lorraine region? Or the Palatinate? If so, we are almost certainly related somewhere along the line! :pb_smile:

Alsace-Lorraine (which I butcher when trying to say it). I found 3 sides of my family came from Germany. 2 sides specifically from Alsace-Lorraine. I side came before the American Revolution and 1 side in the mid 1800s. The ironic thing is, Irish is more prominent. (My great-great or great times 3 grandparents immigrated from Ireland.) Which tells me a lot of the German/French family members hooked up with Irish decent peeps.

23 minutes ago, Koala said:

Setting such a number and implying that there's "something wrong" with those who don't adhere to it, is legalism.  It's Lori setting completely unbiblical rules for her followers.  It's why she's a Pharisee.

Maybe I am dense, but then why don't her fan girls see through her? Is it because they are too enmeshed in legalism to see through it? I thought they were taught to sniff out Pharisees and wolves in sheep clothing. (I am seriously asking, I was raised on a farm with a normal roman catholic upbringing. Which included some public schooling, some catholic schooling and 2 parents that taught school, and grandmother that taught, and great aunt taught- all the farm wives taught school or did something outside the home so the family could have the luxury of eating.)

If we can't limit ourselves to butter that is less than $14 a pound, something is wrong with us.

Even with all my clothes, Lori is far, far more extravagant than I am. Hypocrisy is her middle name. She has zero self awareness. I bet I give more than she does also.

And yes, the fangirls are enmeshed in legalism too. They are not looking to think for themselves, that's too much responsibility. That's why the submission crap Lori spouts appeals to them also. Let the headship do all the thinking. Pathetic.

5a2835d10e8ff_ScreenShot2017-12-06at10_22_55AM.thumb.png.a611b26eb6a23a5d6a16e58da2375db5.pngMy god, Lori, your transparency is genius!  

Sounds like Ken ran but I suspect you deserved it.   I bet you had to grit your teeth writing this "apology".

57 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Are your ancestors from the Alsace-Lorraine region?

Alsace-Lorraine here.  Mine bailed out the in the early to mid 1800s and settled in various parts of south and central Texas.  My maternal grandmother was adopted, and we don't know who her parents were.  My grandfather brought her home one day as an infant, saying the original mom couldn't keep her.  I discovered in the 1900 or 1910 census that he was a travelling salesman (!), so I keep wondering if he is the actual father and my grandmother was his illegitimate daughter. 

My maternal grandmother was the youngest of 19 children (take that, Michelle Duggar) and 23 & Me is flooded by those descendants, which makes it difficult to sus out if there is a relative showing up who could potentially prove my theory. 

26 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

If we can't limit ourselves to butter that is less than $14 a pound, something is wrong with us.

That's a good one, and I am sure the fangirls appreciate your contribution.  After all, making up arbitrary rules for others to follow is a vital part of being a Godly Older Woman!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived