IGNORED

Lori Alexander 34: The Woo Is Strong with this One

10 hours ago, Koala said:

They will grow up and be gone and then you’ll be left with your iPhone. 

Oh noes!  What will I do?  I have no iPhone (or cell phone at all). 

10 hours ago, Koala said:

*My blog made #1 on the A Top 100 Housewife Blogs site and the picture is from my newly painted kitchen!

FTFY

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Petronella I agree that it’s not odd for people in relationships to vacation separately. What is odd for me in this situation is Lori’s obvious need to control things. Ken in the Cayman Islands for a few days renders it impossible for her to control him. Traveling for business is different- there is a purpose, expected outcome, and structure. Here, he’s  lying on the beach, drinking, and ogling thong clad women. 

@usmcmom very true- for her it’s all about image. 

5 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Who wanted the blue shirt picture? 

59c447baed54f_lablueshirt.jpg.2fd1f6952718bc45f47cb806f7e0e990.jpg

I'm not sure why, but I've never noticed she was wearing a belt in this picture before.  I wonder exactly how far that neckline plunges without the belt....

Well, I was gone all day which means I wasn’t here to guard my home from evil (I don’t even know how evil befalls a vacant home). Fortunately, my crockpot was not harmed and I was able to serve a from scratch nourishing meal for my family. 

9 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Who wanted the blue shirt picture? 

I was asking about it. That pic makes me think Lori's bitching about women showing cleavage is pure jealousy.  She wishes she had some cleavage to show. 

13 hours ago, EowynW said:

"Our husbands are head over us.."

Dear Lori, that isn't found anywhere in scripture. 

I am actually finding myself sad for her. This week. She's sitting at home spewing this stuff while her husband is enjoying himself away from her nasty self. Certainly no proof of her teachings in their marriage. My husband finds the idea of going off to have fun without me very unthinkable. He says either either both go or both stay. Because he loves being together so much. 

@EowynW My husband has taken several trips without me. I've been a temp at my job for the last year an a half, so I don't get PTO. Any time I take off I don't get paid. Most of my husband's trips focus around photography. He has done some solo trips and has met up with friends. One of those friends being a woman. GASP!!

When he takes these trips I don't really want to hang out and wait while he's spending hours getting the perfect shot. When we do travel, I give him some space for that and he puts his camera away some for me. We did manage a short weekend get-away this summer, so that was nice. By the way, my husband always misses home when he's away. Meanwhile, I'm relishing in alone time. It's my own little vacation! 

12 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Her whole thing is so narrow minded. Of course women can't possibly be doing anything else than secretary. And even the secretaries of today (admins) don't tend to bring coffee to their bosses.  A lot of workplaces have done away with sexist job duties. 

Seriously, admins have better stuff to do than bring someone coffee! I don't think I've ever seen someone do that in the workplace, unless it was just a nice gesture to a coworker. Then again, any of my workplaces have had a mix of men and women in managerial and administrative roles. :flyingspaghetti:

15 hours ago, EowynW said:

My husband finds the idea of going off to have fun without me very unthinkable. He says either either both go or both stay. Because he loves being together so much. 

There are definitely situations where someone traveling without their spouse is normal and/or necessary, like a work trip or a guys'/ladies' weekend away. Some people (not me!) just enjoy solo travel, or aren't interested in accompanying their spouse/family on certain trips either. Obviously, it's all personal preference. :) That said, I definitely agree with your point that the separate travel is realllly at odds with Lori's various other statements about relationships!

Lori the biblical expert and nonregistered dietitian writes, 

"I was just reading in Isaiah today how Jesus or John the Baptist (not sure which one they he was talking about) ate butter and honey and learned to love good and hate evil. Butter and honey are good for us in there natural state. Margarine and sugar are terrible!"

Granted she has a point about margarine but doesn't the body treat honey like the sugar that it is? Also, shouldn't she be able to tell the different between Jesus and JTBaptist? I'm no expert or mentor. My church hasn't told me to pipe down either. That's rich for a women who preaches that women should be silent in church. 

44 minutes ago, fluffy said:

Lori the biblical expert and nonregistered dietitian writes, 

"I was just reading in Isaiah today how Jesus or John the Baptist (not sure which one they he was talking about) ate butter and honey and learned to love good and hate evil. Butter and honey are good for us in there natural state. Margarine and sugar are terrible!"

Granted she has a point about margarine but doesn't the body treat honey like the sugar that it is? Also, shouldn't she be able to tell the different between Jesus and JTBaptist? I'm no expert or mentor. My church hasn't told me to pipe down either. That's rich for a women who preaches that women should be silent in church. 

I'm guessing she's referring to Isaiah 7:15. Some of the commentary scholars were suggesting that the butter would actually be curds /clotted cream. The there goes that. And some debate on whether the passage is actually prophetic but that's a whole other discussion that I'm not well versed in. However, it most definitely draws parallels with Jesus. Heck in the verse before it there is reference to a virgin birth. If that's the passage she's referring to it would be hard to miss. 

My reference: http://biblehub.com/commentaries/isaiah/7-15.htm

and yeah I'm not sure about the honey thing. 

6 hours ago, Frog99 said:

@Petronella I agree that it’s not odd for people in relationships to vacation separately. What is odd for me in this situation is Lori’s obvious need to control things. Ken in the Cayman Islands for a few days renders it impossible for her to control him. Traveling for business is different- there is a purpose, expected outcome, and structure. Here, he’s  lying on the beach, drinking, and ogling thong clad women. 

@usmcmom very true- for her it’s all about image. 

I agree that this specific situation is odd. What I was responding to is people commenting about how their spouse would NEVER travel without them (implying that is the only right and normal way to be) or that their spouse would ONLY travel without them on business (implying that business is the only possible excuse).

This Lori and Ken situation is very very weird for them and their specific circumstances, but I'm uncomfortable with extrapolating that to apply to any spouse ever traveling for fun alone or with friends/family. SOMETIMES, separate vacations can be an indicator of relationship problems, but not inherently. Some couples have very different hobbies, or longstanding friend gatherings, or difficulties with in-laws. Business is not the only "acceptable" reason to travel apart from one's spouse.

(I think we're probably in agreement at heart. But because "business" is the counter-example that keeps coming up. I just wanted to add that it's not the only very normal reason to travel alone.)

I go away every year for a girls weekend and occasionally go visit my parents without my husband, but haven't taken an official vacation without him. He has only traveled without me for work or to see his own family when we can't all go.

I have never personally taken a vacation without my husband, but I'm not opposed to it in general. However, in this particular situation, I think it's weird that Ken went on vacation with Alyssa but Lori did not go. And BS that she's taking care of her mother. She's not. And to think that she is taking care of her is given Lori credit that she doesn't deserve. 

@Petronella we are in agreement. Before kids, the hubs went on a golf trip with three other guy friends. They were gone for several days. They were close to NOLA and of course spent at least one night bar hopping on Bourbon street. I was glad he had the chance to go.  

Lori:

Her job from our Creator is to micromanage housework. She married a man and most men aren’t housework-oriented like women. It’s in our DNA. 

That's pretty cool!  I'd love to have a look at the study that found housework in a woman's DNA.  I wonder if Lori would mind sharing the link...

Don’t nag your husbands to help with the housework. Do it cheerfully, as unto the Lord. 

OR, just hire a maid and a nanny like Lori did.  Lori's DNA likes to be served!

10 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori:

That's pretty cool!  I'd love to have a look at the study that found housework in a woman's DNA.  I wonder if Lori would mind sharing the link...

OR, just hire a maid and a nanny like Lori did.  Lori's DNA likes to be served!

Is being housework-oriented in every woman's DNA?   We can all thank that housework-oriented woman Rosalind Franklin for helping us to understand this. 

This is so ridiculous, I can't even make fun of it.   I'm a third generation woman who hates housework and would rather do something interesting, and I'm going to guess that my great-grandmother had no choice.  (I didn't get to meet her, because my grandma was a business woman in the 1940s and did not have children until her late 30s.)  My daughter's plans for her future are to study engineering and "solve the BIG problems" that Lori claims men were created to solve.  I would love to tell her that, although she is two years ahead in math and on track to take AP Calculus II in high school, her brain was actually designed for vacuuming and cleaning toilets and preparing a nice salad for her man. 

I just ordered an Ancestry DNA kit. I wonder if it will show the housework DNA along with my ethnic heritage (I'm dying to find out if I'll be trading my lederhosen for a kilt! :pb_lol:).  I'll let y'all know. :shifty-kitty:

8 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I just ordered an Ancestry DNA kit. I wonder if it will show the housework DNA along with my ethnic heritage (I'm dying to find out if I'll be trading my lederhosen for a kilt! :pb_lol:).  I'll let y'all know. :shifty-kitty:

I did Ancestry DNA a couple years ago. I wonder which part of my French/German (24%), Irish (34%) Scandinavian (16%) Great Britain(15%) it resides in! Or maybe it is in the less than 10% of my ethnicity. (I can trace which family members came from French/German border and Ireland, the rest was news to me!)

Now, Loveday, what do we do if our ancestry regions don't cross, could one of our DNA be wrong?! Could science be wrong for us or for Lori's claim that cleaning is in our DNA? :evil-laugh:

I had one done too.  Turns out, I descend from a long line of vacuums and feather dusters.  You can't imagine how surprised I was, but it definitely explained the satisfaction I get from a freshly vacuumed floor and a dust free home.  ;)

My DNA is broken. I hate housework. And cooking. I do it because it must be done and living in a clean environment is good for you, but I dislike every minute of it lol.  I'd much rather be outside. 

Do most women actually like housework? I don't mean liking a clean house because I imagine hardly anyone enjoys living in filth. I mean actually enjoying doing all the usual housework. Like enjoying cleaning the toilets, dusting furniture, vacuuming, scrubbing floors, washing windows, etc. I just do them because stuff needs done, not because it's just oh so fun or enjoyable. I just don't want to live in filth. I imagine even people who have dirty homes like hoarders don't like living that way and would prefer a clean home but have gotten overwhelmed. Plenty of men live on their own without a housekeeper and manage to keep their homes looking nice. Why is that? If it's not in their DNA, why do they care if their home is dirty or not? 

Also, if it's in a woman's DNA to like house-cleaning, how come Lori just uses her Norwex to wipe raw meat juice over actually cleaning her counter? How come she got carpet that rarely ever needs vacuumed? How come she hired a housekeeper? How come she even bothers with all the modern appliances? I mean, if it's in her DNA shouldn't she love doing all? Shouldn't she be scrubbing her clothes and pots by hand? It's in her DNA, she should enjoy going back to such an era. 

I am seriously laughing at the thought of Lori trying to scrub her clothes with a washboard or wash all her dishes by hand. Over her dead body I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I had one done too.  Turns out, I descend from a long line of vacuums and feather dusters.  You can't imagine how surprised I was, but it definitely explained the satisfaction I get from a freshly vacuumed floor and a dust free home.  ;)

Actual photo of my ancestors. 

beautybeast.jpg.3f7565b551e6ccf3c346e72127b07e7c.jpg

I like washing windows and mirrors for some weird reason. I also like dusting. I wash dishes by hand, but let me tell you it is much nicer when I have SOME FREAKING HOT WATER!!! Sorry, our hot water heater has been on the fritz and I don't feel human when I don't have hot showers.

I scrub bathrooms because it needs doing, but I don't look forward to it.

Well that post was a bucket of unfounded nonsense. Someone please tell my dad, who stays at home because of disability, that he shouldn't do any of the housework because it's not in his DNA. I don't mind it but I do it for cleanliness not because it's in my DNA. I'm one of those people hoping to help solve problems. And I really wish she would stop with the women are more emotionally unstable thing. It's not true and is more of a lie that's been passed down so women could be kept in their place. 

9 hours ago, Petronella said:

What I was responding to is people commenting about how their spouse would NEVER travel without them (implying that is the only right and normal way to be) or that their spouse would ONLY travel without them on business (implying that business is the only possible excuse).

I just wanted to clarify that I never meant to imply that something different from how my husband and I handle our plans is wrong.  i meant to only offer it as a gentle example of the fact that we do travel alone at times.  There is a spectrum of decisions in marriage.  And that is one of my most fundamental counter response to LoriKen at all times: 

Every marriage is different.  If we demand that every marriage try to look alike, then we are simply dooming couples to failure.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived