IGNORED

Lori Alexander 34: The Woo Is Strong with this One

Why is it that so many of these so called Christian women are on their moral high horse about weight? That picture of Gwen and her grandchildren turns my stomach. There's nothing humble about it. It's set in an opulent room and they're all wearing what amounts to evening wear in the middle of the day. Doesn't the bible speak against this sort of ostentatious wealth? 

Matthew 6:19-21

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Luke 12:33 

"Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys."

I'm an atheist and fully aware that I may be cherry picking out of context quotes, if I did I apologize. I just did a quick google search. If someone has quotes that fit better, I would like to read them. 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, EowynW said:

Honestly Lori could EASILY keep 3 laying hens in a backyard coop for much cheaper

Damn I’d pay money to see Lori running around after them and picking up chicken shit! 

“Ken these chickens are totally ungodly, they don’t lay clean eggs and there’s poop everywhere, you must have bought the wrong ones” 

9 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I'm an atheist and fully aware that I may be cherry picking out of context quotes, if I did I apologize. I just did a quick google search. If someone has quotes that fit better, I would like to read them. 

No, in this case, those verses are ripe for the cherry-picking. :clap: They don't even need 'context,' they work just fine on their own. Unfortunately, we never seem to see Lori or any other fundies cherry-pick those particular verses, isn't that odd? :my_dodgy:

I am searching for the meaning of those sashes Gwen wears in many photos. I'm having no luck but did find this article: http://www.womenofgrace.com/blog/?p=29464

It seems to be another church that is linked with abuse:

The couple said the last straw for them came when the Remnant Church was linked to the death of an eight year-old boy named Josef Smith. His parents, Joseph and Sonya Smith of Mableton, Georgia, both Remnant church members, were accused of chronically abusing and eventually murdering the boy. Police became suspicious of a link between the church and the murder when former members said the sect endorsed harsh punishment and discipline, including the use of glue sticks to whip children because they didn’t leave marks on the skin. During legal proceedings, the Smiths did admit to using glue sticks on their child, but no connection to the Remnant church was ever made. The Smiths were eventually sentenced to life in prison plus 30 years for the murder of their son.

Cue Lori running out to buy large glue sticks.....

A few hens in a backyard coop just doesn't seem like work to me lol. You feed & water them, collect eggs, and after their crap has aged a bit you just put it on the garden. I know lori has said she has a garden. 

30 minutes ago, EowynW said:

A few hens in a backyard coop just doesn't seem like work to me lol. You feed & water them, collect eggs, and after their crap has aged a bit you just put it on the garden. I know lori has said she has a garden. 

For the average person, no, but for Lori, yes. I believe she said something once about having a gardener or landscaper, so she may not even keep a garden herself. She used to have a maid/housekeeper and still might, which means she literally does nothing except sometimes throw on scrap soup made from a bits of leftovers from the tossed together salad and month old salmonella dressing and monitor social media all day. I think the most exercise she gets is from her finger hitting the delete button. 

While I'm glad that people said it's unhealthy what is that woman supposed to do about her husband's sin? Does this count as physical abuse so she is able to get to safety? Or would Lori suggest that the poor woman pray that her husband is convicted and remain submissive? This is why I hate this extreme teaching of submissiveness. It's so confusing and frankly ungodly. God is a God of order not confusion. But I hope someone is able to reach out to her with resources.

Also what's up with her latest post? Just one long quote from Paul Harvey.

Omg. Gwen reminds me of Jill Rod. Except the outfits are too dark for JRod’s taste; they’d be much more poofy and a particularly eye-watering shade of hot pink.

According to Wikipedia, Beth Moore is sixty years old. She looks amazing - much younger and healthier than Lori. Also, Gwen, while looking like the whack-a-doodle she is, is definitely thinner than Lori. Her self control must be much more righteous than The Transformed Wife's 

Spoiler

Seriously, I know Gwen is thin in a very unhealthy manner.  Just trying to poke at Lori because I think she views the scale as a field of competition.  

IMG_9061.JPG

Gwen looks like an SNL parody. 

Here's some quotes from Gwen's Remnant Fellowship Church website:

"Participants even reported that their finances were being restored and their marriages were being healed - all a direct result from what they were learning and putting into practice through the Weigh Down Workshop."

From her son, "I will never forget witnessing that moment. Gwen, with fire in her eyes and a passion for GOD and His Truth in her heart, rose up out of her chair and said, ‘You think that I do any of this for MONEY?"

"In 2006, the Shamblins donated the entire Weigh Down organization to Remnant Fellowship Church, again silencing any potential naysayer that Gwen’s tireless work ethic is motivated by profit."

"Gwen continues to pour out her love for God as she has written many books..."

Over and over Gwen reminds us that she's not doing this for profit, not taking a salary from her church. She also donated her Weigh Down organization to her church which probably has less to do with generosity and more about creating a tax shelter. The last quote I added because she doesn't write books to make money. Oh no, not selfless Gwen.  She's pouring out her love. It's also worth noting that accompanying the text are a proliferation of photos of Gwen and family looking anything but humble. They live a very lavish lifestyle. Also, where is Mr. Gwen? 

Quite a few women in my church were into GS's weigh-down diet back it was new and trendy. I was told the basic premise was "eat when you are hungry, stop when you are full," which sounds reasonable, so I bought the book. The main thing I remember was her describing how to savor a tortilla chip so that you could be satisfied with just one or two. This involved gazing at it, slowly licking it, holding it up to the light, some more gazing and licking, then finally taking a little tiny nibble...by the time the paragraph ended I was ready to scream, "Just eat the damn chip, already!"  I thought she was wierd then, but I guess that was just the tip of the iceberg--I had no idea she was still around!

Gwen eats 1 or 2 chips. Lori eats 4

I suspect Lori will now restrict herself to 1 or 2 chips so as to be just as godly and righteous (and ultimately as thin) as Gwen.

On 11/24/2017 at 8:42 PM, Frog99 said:

In the video about her soup, you can hear what sounds like a vacuum in the background... 

Well, the Bible does say that women are to make sure their maids are busy keeping the home, while they are making Youtube videos of themselves...or something like that.

@SuperNova There are very very few pictures of Mr. Gwen. He ..... ummm  ..... doesn't fit into the Weigh Down model of super thin/ super OTT dressed up.  

In the one photo I've seen he is a heavy set man who looks like every other man his age (60s) -- casual pants, flannel shirt. From what I've read he doesn't attend his wife's church/ cult.

That image of "savoring a tortilla chip" reminds me of those chocolate commercials that shows women nibbling daintily at the corner of a one-inch square while smiling naughtily.  Which makes me want to inhale one of those jumbo Hershey bars out of spite.

She must spend a good bit of time reading here, because after it was mentioned that most of her videos begin with her staring open mouthed into the camera, she has gone back and made "covers" for all 72 videos.  

Almost makes me wonder if she's polishing things up for a new book release.  She had mentioned that she was thinking of writing a second. 

Another possibility would be that she's going to try to market her weight/food obsession.

She's had a lot of posts about weight/only eating your portion/what so and so was eating lately.  Then there's the influx of cooking related videos.  Maybe a cookbook w/ a side of rant about "making your body your slave" and "disciplining your flesh"?  Who knows...it'd be a "fun" new way for her to control other women, right? 

Speaking of which- I wonder if Lori comes from a family of fat shamers...

She once mentioned one of her aunts on her blog, and the "endearing" name they have for her really bothered me:

I have always loved my Aunt Pudge. {Yes, this name was given to her when she was young and she is fine with it.}

I have a really hard time believing anyone would be "fine" with their family being so set on pointing out their weight, that they essentially renamed them in order to be able to call them "Pudge" as often as possible.  

I am certain the Aunt probably has a lovely name, that would suit her much better that "Pudge".  How would Lori like being called Aunt Shrew, or Aunt Selfish?  

"Oh, that's just Aunt Shrew.  We've called her that for years, and she's fine with it!"  :pb_rollseyes:

I agree that she's trying to add more "lifestyle blogger" content, but since she's Lori, she can't help but serve it up with heavy sides of hatred, judgement and woo. 

Dear Lord Gwen is something else. Who the fuck has time to lick tortilla chips one by one? Fuck that shit. Imma load the whole packet into an ovenproof dish and layer em up with cheese and salsa for nachos. *drool*

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

That image of "savoring a tortilla chip" reminds me of those chocolate commercials that shows women nibbling daintily at the corner of a one-inch square while smiling naughtily.  Which makes me want to inhale one of those jumbo Hershey bars out of spite.

Currently reading this thread whilst munching on a *huge* gift bar of Hershey's Special Dark & drinking a beer.  And really y'all, what's lifestyle blogging without snarking on folks who don't follow your lifestyle?? :my_angel:

I actually endorse the idea of slowly savoring something wonderful when trying to have some self-discipline to reduce intake but not to go completely teetotaller on something.  

Chocolate, yes.  Frosting?  Absolutely.  But — tortilla chips?  That doesn’t even work — licking one doesn’t give you a little taste of tortilla chip, it gives you — salt. And perhaps whatever other flavors or spices were added.  And then you’re left with a bland and soggy tortilla chip, ugh.

I’ve mostly cut out chips of all kinds because the carbs and calories simply add up too fast and it works better for me to just get out of the habit of them completely rather than focus on having “only a few”.  But if you are going to eat some, decide how much is ok and then — just eat them!  Don’t split it up into salt first and bland sogginess later...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived