IGNORED

Bethel Charismatic Church in Redding, CA

Beermeet

Grave soaking!  Grave. Soaking.  

This is all fun and games until people move there with no job or focus.  That is very dangerous.  I suppose these people inherently trust another member immediately , also dangerous.  This sort of thing is shutting down one's life to play with *God*.  That may seem nice.....at first.  This scene es no bueno.

Edited by Beermeet
Put god in asterisks, I see no divine being at that "church". I see scary shit.
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Yep. Bilge Ohnson has - of course downplayed this, but it's a straight forward extrapolation of what he says elsewhere:

There are anointings, mantles, revelations and mysteries that have lain unclaimed, literally where they were left, because the generation that walked in them never passed them on. I believe it’s possible for us to recover realms of anointing, realms of insight, realms of God that have been untended for decades simply by choosing to reclaim them and perpetuate them for future generations.

I don't think what he peddles is ultimately that different to that of Hinn and so on, it just sounds more plausible in a relaxed Californian accent 

Edited by stylites
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• 4 months later...

A while ago, a book by Bill Johnson was available for free on Amazon, so I read the ebook. It was really crazy. He basically claimed that because there were some wonders and wonder healings, all true believers of Jesus should learn and do that (and that everybody can work these wonders). And you shouldn't focus on those that aren't healed, but only talk about when it work and then people will be healed simply by hearing about your wonders or the wonders of others. If you fail, don't mention it because it will negatively affect the power of the Spirit! :wtsf:

Such nonsense.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

So, the crazy chick I follow that was IFB and now into this sort of thing, specifically Nathan Morris lately, went to one of his "shows" ( idk what else to call it!) and literally ran up to him on stage, dipped her hand in oil, placed it on his belly and screamed "Jesus!" and felt she anointed him with her powers.  He apparently hated it and had her removed from the venue.  Nathan's wife was pissed and I saw crazy chick posting about it on his Instagram,  those posts were quickly taken down.   O.M.G.  It's all so crazy and unhealthy and self serving.  I do feel bad for this girl.  I mean, these people preach about anointing and prophesy, so when she felt moved to do so, that is what happened.   You'd think she'd get the message, but no.   

Eta: she was posting comments on Nathan's Instagram,  not hers.  Whoever runs Nathan's took the multiple comments over days down.  Why can't she see how he doesn't care?  She fucked up his show is all he sees.  Ugh.

Edited by Beermeet
  • Upvote 3

• 2 years later...

Does this mean they're going to start taking Deuteronomy 18:15-22* seriously now and will stop their stupid and sometimes downright dangerous "prophecies" now? How about apologizing for the damage caused by spending what, a week trying to raise two year old Olive Heiligenthal** from the dead? 

*Deut 18:19-20, 22: "But any prophet who falsely claims to speak in my name or who speaks in the name of another god must die...If the prophet speaks in the Lord’s name but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the Lord did not give that message. That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared."

**https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2019/12/bethel-when-quiverfull-churches-teach-healing-and-resurrection/

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2019/12/18/these-christian-parents-sadly-think-their-dead-daughter-will-be-resurrected/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Here's what Hemant Mehta had to say about the "raise Olive" abuse at Bethel. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 months later...

Lindsay Davis-Knotts is a former student at Bethel who realised it was a cult, started confronting faculty about her concerns, ended up expelled, and talks about it pretty openly.  

https://www.kevinhalloran.net/defecting-from-bethel-the-story-of-lindsay-davis-escape-from-a-cult/ - this also links to a podcast episode she did with the Cultish podcast on her time in Bethel.  

Her facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lindsay.davis.908579

As a bonus, here's a side rabbit hole of crazy that I found while looking her up.  Apparently she's a Jezebel harlot for wearing makeup:  http://bewareoffalse-unbiblicalteachers.blogspot.com/2019/10/zack-knotts-lindsay-davis-exposed.html

• Thank You 3

My aunt and uncle have lived in Redding for almost 40 years. According to them, the town is completely different now that Bethel has moved in and are taking it over with their businesses and city council members. My cousin would love to move there from Oakland with her husband and their three young kids so they can be closer to family (and have a house that's bigger than two bedrooms) but she refuses to as long as Bethel is there.

I was watching a House Hunters episode set in Redding with my mother not too long ago. I googled the family and sure enough, they were Bethel members. We found that hilarious.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• 8 months later...

Some more on Sean Feucht: The Sean Feucht Update: Evangelical Bethel Church Devotee Speaks at Neo-fascist Event, Rents $1.5 Million So Cal Home, Rakes in the Bucks

Sean Feucht is a compulsive hunter and maintains a huge man cave filled with his taxidermied critter victims, most of which are ungulates. He also has an instagram account devoted to his hunting and trophies.  He makes Trump, Jr. look like a slacker. 

The heiligentalls ( the wakeupolive people) skedaddled out of redding to an undisclosed location. Anyone any hints about whats going on? 

Edited by ven

1 hour ago, ven said:

The heiligentalls ( the wakeupolive people) skedaddled out of redding to an undisclosed location. Anyone any hints about whats going on? 

Interesting. Recently?

On 4/5/2021 at 11:15 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

Does anyone know what church the Lockwood's attend? They live in Redding. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007590375060 

https://lockwoodfamily.blogspot.com/

Based on a 2018 entry, they attend Shasta Baptist Church and the kids do some sort of hybrid school thing with the school at the church. 

• Thank You 1