IGNORED

Seewalds 28: Marketing Kids as Deflection

Coconut Flan

I'm forgetting what Ben's educational background is.  Was he homeschooled, but went to a bricks and mortar highschool, or did he attend a "real" school throughout?

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

59d6a59e7613fbab6dfe044199fafca7.jpg
0ac5d0d936e84b6e1e77fddb918264e5.jpg
Henry and the dollhouse. As well as Henry and Johanna; I cannot believe how grown she’s looking. She’s still 5-6 doing TH’s with Jackson in my mind.

7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

59d6a59e7613fbab6dfe044199fafca7.jpg
0ac5d0d936e84b6e1e77fddb918264e5.jpg
Henry and the dollhouse. As well as Henry and Johanna; I cannot believe how grown she’s looking. She’s still 5-6 doing TH’s with Jackson in my mind.

I agree, her and Jackson were adorable doing the talking heads. Spurgeon and Meredith seem to have a similar bond, when they are a bit older the should get the talking heads, they are probably more interesting. 

On 26.11.2017 at 8:51 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I seem to have missed that one. Can you post it or link to it?

Carm_88 beat me to it...

On 11/20/2017 at 2:38 PM, Rachel333 said:

But just because some people do or don't see their parents much after they move out does that mean that everyone else should do things the same way?

Agreed. When I was first married my mom and I would have Friday Night Dinners (very Gilmore of us) because it was the night my husband closed at work and she knew she could have time with me. Now I live 200 miles away and see her about once a month and I would kill for Friday Night Dinners. However, my dad died when I was young and so my mom and I were very close and still are. My sister is one of my best friends which I know is not common. My mom, sister and I still do so much together when I can be in the same state as them and we take a girls trip together every year. 

Everyone is different and what works for one doesn't always work for others.

6 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

Johannah looks exactly like Josh, it's uncanny.

she does! wow! I was trying to think of who she looked like.  I always thought she looked a lot like Jana when she was younger, but now that she's getting older, I'm not sure. could just be the picture but wow it is uncanny. 

also, side note, in the picture of Jeremy and Jinger (I believe) and Josie, Josie looked to me to have similarities to Joy, which I've never seen before. when she was younger I thought she had a lot of similarities to her brother Jackson, but also a lot of characteristics of Michelle.  She's starting to look much more grown up now. Crazy!

7 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

Johannah looks exactly like Josh, it's uncanny.

Yep, I thought the same thing.  The eyes do it for me.

Josie looked less fragile than the last time I saw her. It's been a while since she was in TLC, and she's obviously grown a lot. I'd like to see the (not so) littles again.

18 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Josie looked less fragile than the last time I saw her. It's been a while since she was in TLC, and she's obviously grown a lot. I'd like to see the (not so) littles again.

I agree. I'd like to see what the younger ones are doing now. I was going to say the little ones, but they're not that little anymore. 

On 11/16/2017 at 6:52 AM, Jingeyk said:

I googled some of the men involved in that movie (Genesis: Paradise Lost for those without IG access), and one of them has a PhD in biology but doesn’t ‘believe’ in evolution, in case anyone was curious as to what type of movie this is going to be. 

They always have one with an actual education to give them supposed credibility. 

Where is the PhD from? Fake Ass Christian College? I can’t wrap my brain around someone with an actual PhD not believing in Biology. 

@bashfulpixie Evolution is a very small part of biology, I know multiple biology PhDs who don't believe in unguided evolution. They recognize the changes, but still believe it was part of God's design process (how the Catholic science academy views it). I stated it somewhere else, but when I was doing my undergrad in biology one of core courses needed to be evolution or mophology based, so students with a Creationist lean simply took amphibian morphology or the one about insects. 

I have a degree in biology that I finished at a Christian college where a lot of students (and probably many of the non-science professors) are creationists. The biology professors, however, made it clear that while the students are free to believe whatever they want, evolution is a huge part of biology and they would have to be able to understand it for the courses. One of the books students were required to read was The Language of God, which is a Christian argument for evolution. I never took a course specifically on evolution at that college (I did at the first college I went to), but it came up in just about every course I took there. You can certainly learn biology while ignoring evolution, but just about everything in biology ultimately traces back to evolution.

@singsingsing for most cookies, melting the butter messes up the texture. Softened butter still has enough density to it to form cookies, whether that be by scooping balls of dough onto a sheet, or by chilling the dough and rolling it out. When making cakes, the butter is usually melted because cake batter is a more liquid consistency than cookie dough.

I can't remember what happened last time I melted the butter when making cookies. They were very likely crumbly and sad, so I never did it again.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

What's wrong with melting the butter? (Honest question, clueless baker here.)

Melted butter= flat cookies.

On 11/26/2017 at 7:26 PM, Glasgowghirl said:

I agree, her and Jackson were adorable doing the talking heads. Spurgeon and Meredith seem to have a similar bond, when they are a bit older the should get the talking heads, they are probably more interesting. 

I want them to do talking heads now. Their babbling would be cute, and far more interesting than anyone else has to say.

On 11/27/2017 at 10:52 AM, Carm_88 said:

042674ad7afe0991c648c9cce761a91d.jpg
Adorable brothers!

This photo didn't load for me :( 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived