IGNORED

Seewalds 28: Marketing Kids as Deflection

Coconut Flan

Gotta say, I really expected Jessa to announce a pregnancy before 2017 was out. For a minute I got excited, thinking, "Hey, maybe her 'I guess I have babies more on my mom's schedule, HAHAHA!' comment wouldn't prove true, but then I realized it's way too soon to start celebrating. 

Spurgeon and Henry are 15 months apart. Jessa could easily be pregnant now and due in July (i.e. not quite ready to announce - she tends to announce later), and Henry and the new baby would be 17 or 18 months apart. Even if she were to just get pregnant today, Henry and the new baby would be about 19 or 20 months apart. That's still definitely on the Michelle Duggar schedule. Sigh.

Of course, maybe she'll shock us all and announce to the world, "Hey ya'll, Ben and I have talked about it and decided we're good with two for now. We might have a couple more in four or five years, but then we'll be done." LOL. I can dream.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At any given time A Duggar female or DIL will always soon be pregnant or is just not announcing  yet so one guess or prediction is just as good as another.

2 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

ew, ew, ew. Me too. It's that... squeaky? kind of texture between your fingers? It gives me the shudders.

I'm really trying to deal with it, and even bought cotton wool pads for my cleanser recently like a grown-up, but I can't do it. I just try to avoid it.

Yessss. We have no cottonballs or anything in our house lol. I use a washcloth to wash my face if need be, and toilet paper to remove my eye makeup. 

I avoid cottonballs at pretty much all cost. Its gonna suck when i have kids and they do projects at school with cottonballs.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Gotta say, I really expected Jessa to announce a pregnancy before 2017 was out. For a minute I got excited, thinking, "Hey, maybe her 'I guess I have babies more on my mom's schedule, HAHAHA!' comment wouldn't prove true, but then I realized it's way too soon to start celebrating. 

Spurgeon and Henry are 15 months apart. Jessa could easily be pregnant now and due in July (i.e. not quite ready to announce - she tends to announce later), and Henry and the new baby would be 17 or 18 months apart. Even if she were to just get pregnant today, Henry and the new baby would be about 19 or 20 months apart. That's still definitely on the Michelle Duggar schedule. Sigh.

Of course, maybe she'll shock us all and announce to the world, "Hey ya'll, Ben and I have talked about it and decided we're good with two for now. We might have a couple more in four or five years, but then we'll be done." LOL. I can dream.

Every day she doesn't announce, I rejoice a little. It would be so sad for her to pump out so many kids she doesn't enjoy them as she does the two she has. Of course she might be totally happy having babies at 18-month intervals for the next 15 years, but I'd at least hope she had a bit of choice in the matter.

4 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

Yessss. We have no cottonballs or anything in our house lol. I use a washcloth to wash my face if need be, and toilet paper to remove my eye makeup. 

I avoid cottonballs at pretty much all cost. Its gonna suck when i have kids and they do projects at school with cottonballs.

I'm literally getting chills just thinking about it. I will be that person who uses torn-up rags for baby changes, there is NO WAY I'm wiping their bottoms with cotton wool.

(I use those pre-packed cleansing wipes for makeup removal, but I do feel sad not getting to use fancy bottled cleanser, which I'm certain works out cheaper too.)

I am terrified of dogs. I haven't been bitten or anything but apparently even as a baby if one came near my pram I would freak out.

1 hour ago, AprilQuilt said:

I'm literally getting chills just thinking about it. I will be that person who uses torn-up rags for baby changes, there is NO WAY I'm wiping their bottoms with cotton wool.

(I use those pre-packed cleansing wipes for makeup removal, but I do feel sad not getting to use fancy bottled cleanser, which I'm certain works out cheaper too.)

Have you tried cotton rounds? I can't stand the feeling of cotton balls but i'm alright with cotton rounds. Also seriously consider a flannel/washcloth - they are super cheap and so much better for your skin and the environment!

I'm phobic of any sort of rodent. Like to the point of standing on a chair and screaming kind of phobic. I hate them so much.

I also cannot walk down stairs with big windows down the exterior wall and/or large holes in the middle - not sure what those  are called - where you can look down and see more than one floor beneath you... Which is most of the new construction around here. I'm just very thankful that my office has elevators! :kitty-wink:

New year? New baby? Could be lol! We will see if 2018 brings another little Seewald. I totally think it will! :) 

1 hour ago, thinandfit said:

I am terrified of dogs. I haven't been bitten or anything but apparently even as a baby if one came near my pram I would freak out.

Have you tried cotton rounds? I can't stand the feeling of cotton balls but i'm alright with cotton rounds. Also seriously consider a flannel/washcloth - they are super cheap and so much better for your skin and the environment!

nope, can't deal with the rounds either. They're not as bad but still hard for me to touch. I remember my mum had a sort of perforated length of cotton wool that you tore bits off as needed. *shudder*

I've always been put off flannels because of gross childhood memories of them suppurating on the side of the bath, but it's occurred to me that now I'm an adult it wouldn't have to be that way. You've convinced me to invest in some!

Sapphire Slytherin, I share your fear of drains! I don't know anyone else who is terrified of them and I always felt so weird. I especially hate the huge square ones in public pools. I avoid the deep end in any pools, and I'm even afraid of the suction fittings in our above ground pool! I took my daughter to the water park over the summer and that was the worst because there were drains everywhere. And she wasn't afraid of them so she kept teasing me.

I'm also terrified of red ants. Like, screaming crying and running away from them. I sat in some last week and freaked out when I realized it because I'm on crutches and couldn't run!

I also am expecting an announcement from Benessa soon. As others have said, it would be nice if they were spaced a little more apart. I couldn't imagine having two 15 months apart!!

1 hour ago, Kittikatz said:

phobic of any sort of rodent. Like to the point of standing on a chair and screaming kind of phobic. I hate them so much.

Been there, done that, more than once. CChild still laughs at me. She takes care of rodents, I take care of bugs.

On 12/22/2017 at 11:55 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

and I mostly refuse to shop with her because you can't drink at the mall  

Not around here. We have daiquiri shops in the mall! 

22 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Tryptophobia is real. I hate seeing holes in things. It makes me cringe. I actually had to leave an art showing once because the featured artist had holes in all of his work. It was so awkward. lol

Anyone who cannot already visualize what sort of holes this is about, for the love of all things holy, DO NOT GOOGLE. You can't unsee it. I didn't know it was a thing, stupidly googled when this came up on another forum, and went from being sorta little bit squeamish about crumpets, to seeing these disgusting pores practically everywhere. Shudder.

Grasshoppers!  :scared-eek:  Any  bug that hops. NOPE! Not doing them, not looking at them, not seeing them and if there is plage of them just kill me because NOPE! NUHUH NEVER!  Not gonna do it! 

2 hours ago, PumaLover said:

I especially hate the huge square ones in public pools.

OMG. The pool at the club where I swam as a kid/teen had a 3'x3' drain in the deep part--the pool was oval, and the deep "end" was the center of the pool, between two diving platforms. The edges of the pool were less than 12" deep, and the bottom sloped toward the center. People (mostly the boys) would dare each other to dive down to the drain and take off the heavy metal grate. It was 12' down, and LUCKILY there was no way I could swim that deep. Because... I didn't know THEN that those drains are CONSTANTLY DRAINING THE POOL with TREMENDOUS SUCTION. omg omg omg   I'm shuddering just thinking about this. It could LITERALLY SUCK YOU IN with the cover off.

If you truly want to sicken/scare yourself, just Google "disemboweled by a pool drain." Yes. It happens. And now there are new safety rules that pools over a certain size MUST have two drains, which would allow someone STUCK TO THE DRAIN to be pulled to safety.

Shit. Now I'm not going to sleep tonight.

27 minutes ago, MadameOvary said:

Anyone who cannot already visualize what sort of holes this is about, for the love of all things holy, DO NOT GOOGLE.

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE why did I not listen to you????

Yes, I've read those stories!! It was after I saw them in the news that I realized my fear was justified!!!

I won't post the pic but there was a reenactment of a team trying to figure out how a British teenager was sucked down a drain at a resort in Thailand. He ended up in the pump system in the pool shed. The reenactment showed a man lifting a 4'x4' grate and climbing down into it.

Turns out the kid had lifted the grate to try and get his goggles out after the drain had sucked them in. NOPE.

In the lazy river at the water park last summer there was a WALL of drains and my kid thought it was hilarious to aim our raft toward them. She stopped when she saw me actually freaking out. I can't step on storm drains in sidewalks or parking lots either.

2 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

a WALL of drains and my kid thought it was hilarious to aim our raft toward them

What the actual FUCK? No. Just NO.

On 31/12/2017 at 1:41 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

If it’s Derick in the Pistol Pete costume then the fear isn’t irrational at all.

I was terrified of the Chip and Dale chipmunks at Disney when I was little. I’m pretty sure there is a photo of me and them somewhere screaming my head off.

My partner told me that her ex hooked up with a Chippendale at one point. My initial mental image involved Disney chipmunks.

As a child I was afraid of ballons because of the loud sound of them popping. I could be in a room with baloons, but once people started playing with them it would make me nervous. I also feared escaltors because my grandmother told me they would cut my toes off if I didn't step off them fast enough. My child mind then decided that elevator doors would cut you in half if you didn't get on/off fast enough.

@Kangaroo, I share your aversion to raw tomatoes. Not so much that it prevents me from cooking with them, but I don't like the mushy seedy texture, and will avoid putting them in salads or on burgers. I do love a good tomato based saue with aromatic herbs and spices.

31 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

My partner told me that her ex hooked up with a Chippendale at one point. My initial mental image involved Disney chipmunks.

As a child I was afraid of ballons because of the loud sound of them popping. I could be in a room with baloons, but once people started playing with them it would make me nervous. I also feared escaltors because my grandmother told me they would cut my toes off if I didn't step off them fast enough. My child mind then decided that elevator doors would cut you in half if you didn't get on/off fast enough.

@Kangaroo, I share your aversion to raw tomatoes. Not so much that it prevents me from cooking with them, but I don't like the mushy seedy texture, and will avoid putting them in salads or on burgers. I do love a good tomato based saue with aromatic herbs and spices.

My shoe came untied and the lace got stuck in an escalator once. It took me years to overcome my fear and still, the amount of hesitation I do, starting to step on one and backing up and deep breathing takes a solid 3 minutes before I'm on and moving. Actually, I think I only "overcame" the fear because I am more terrified of elevators and in most stores with escalators, your only other option to get upstairs is elevator. Thankfully most airports have stairs next to the escalator. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived