• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Seewalds 28: Marketing Kids as Deflection

Satan'sFortress

I loved my little Fortress boys in denim overalls. 

Henry looked so perfectly pudgy (in a lovely baby way) in his.  That is one of my favorite ages.

Edited by Satan'sFortress
Anticipating the critics . . .

sta_sha
14 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I can't stand the crotch snaps for jeans/overalls.

In my just over three weeks as a parent, the only thing I can say for sure is that I hope that the person who decided that any baby clothes should have snaps is in a special place in hell. Those things are impossible at 2AM. Can't imagine trying to do them up on a wiggling toddler...

Zippers FTW!

Edited by sta_sha
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

VelociRapture
2 hours ago, sta_sha said:

In my just over three weeks as a parent, the only thing I can say for sure is that I hope that the person who decided that any baby clothes should have snaps is in a special place in hell. Those things are impossible at 2AM. Can't imagine trying to do them up on a wiggling toddler...

Zippers FTW!

Yes!!!! I loved the zipper footie pajamas when Velocibaby was a newborn. That was pretty much all she wore the first few weeks and even now I try to avoid buying her stuff with more than the three snaps that seem standard on onesies. 

Hope you guys are doing well! The first six weeks are some of the best and toughest. Hang in there!

Babies slept in nighties when mine were newborn.  Much easier!

HarryPotterFan
On 12/14/2017 at 7:40 PM, snickers34 said:

LOL! The City of Springdale came up in recent conversations, and I had to hold back talking about the lawsuits so people didn't think I was a weirdo.

I'm so ashamed of myself if I bring the Duggars into casual conversation if someone is talking about cults, large families, etc.

Iamtheway
On 2017-12-15 at 12:12 AM, zenbaby said:

Nice!  The chapel was designed by Fay Jones, and he designed the Mildred B Cooper chapel in Bella Vista about an hour away, equally beautiful.  Visit it if you can.

Cooper Chapel.jpg

Wow! That is stunning! I may not be religious but I have always liked churches. I wish I could get married here. Mayby for my next marriage. :pb_lol:

Rachel333
On 12/14/2017 at 7:40 PM, snickers34 said:

LOL! The City of Springdale came up in recent conversations, and I had to hold back talking about the lawsuits so people didn't think I was a weirdo.

Ha, why was the City of Springdale coming up in conversation? 

Cleopatra7
8 hours ago, sta_sha said:

Zippers FTW!

This is why I don’t understand why the practice of having all babies and toddlers wear dresses went out of style. Having baby clothes that involves snaps and such just seems like extra and unnecessary work.

ViolaSebastian

I'll add that the person that thought "skinny jeans will look great on babies and toddlers!" also belongs in at least the sixth circle. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

SapphireSlytherin

GryffindorDisapointment slept in drawstring nightgowns. SO easy. The footie/zip pajamas made her feet stink like a teenage boy's. blergggggg

Then they got rid of the drawstrings and replaced them with elastic (many years after she survived being put in the deadly things).

https://www.target.com/p/luvable-friends-baby-girls-3pk-cotton-nightgown-set-pink-0-6m/-/A-52777566?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Baby+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Baby&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9022871&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgoKMw-qP2AIV1YuzCh2cuQZbEAQYASABEgK2uvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

SilverBeach

I loved oshkosh b'gosh overall sets when DD was a toddler back in the day. There was an outlet store I would get them from at a good price, and they were popular at resale. I will say my child was sharp, her dad got her shoes to coordinate with her outfits. I looked a mess sometimes, barely had time to shower, but DD was well dressed.

When she was a baby, I was fond of zippered, footed one-piece sleepers. And onesies.

I miss those days.

Edited by SilverBeach

cascarones

My niece was a squirmer/ hated being changed. She wore lots of different things and there was only one strict rule from her mom. There had to be a headband or bow in her hair if she’s out in public, still a rule even though she’s four now, but as an infant she loathed them. I’m still convinced her motor skills developed early so she could rip them off. 

nastyhobbitses
38 minutes ago, cascarones said:

My niece was a squirmer/ hated being changed. She wore lots of different things and there was only one strict rule from her mom. There had to be a headband or bow in her hair if she’s out in public, still a rule even though she’s four now, but as an infant she loathed them. I’m still convinced her motor skills developed early so she could rip them off. 

I just don't get the need for a bow or headband. It's a baby! Why does their gender need to be broadcast to the world? Who the hell cares? It's cute sometimes, sure, but every time the baby goes out in public is ridiculous. 

SapphireSlytherin

Probably the bow/headband thing is in response to random people ASSuming the kid's a boy, especially if she doesn't have much hair. GryffindorDisappointment had no hair ... she was ALWAYS called "he/him" by perfect strangers. So. Bows & headbands and pink frilly shit ALL.THE.TIME.

singsingsing
1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Probably the bow/headband thing is in response to random people ASSuming the kid's a boy, especially if she doesn't have much hair. GryffindorDisappointment had no hair ... she was ALWAYS called "he/him" by perfect strangers. So. Bows & headbands and pink frilly shit ALL.THE.TIME.

Who cares if random people "ASSume" the kid's a boy, though, especially at that age? What possible difference could it make?