IGNORED

Rachel Jeffs interviewed by Megyn Kelly

Rachel Jeffs (33), one of Warren Jeffs' daughters and author of her new book "Breaking Free", is being interviewed by Megyn Kelly for Dateline.   She was sexually abused by Warren Jeffs as a child and teen and was forced into an arranged marriage in her teens and decided to escape after Warren Jeffs ordered her, from prison, to be banished from her five children for months at a time.  Although she did grow to love that husband, he refused to leave and is still committed to Warren Jeffs.  She's remarried (to a Blackmore) and is very happy in her new life. 

Megyn Kelly grates  on my very last nerve, but this is a good show and I'd like to read her book:   Breaking Free: How I Escaped Polygamy, the FLDS Cult, and My Father, Warren Jeffs

I remember the episode of Escaping Polygamy where she tried to get to her sister who is living in on the FLDS compound in Pringle, SD. She's a brave woman, and I'm definitely going to check out her book...probably not the interview with Megyn Kelly though. She gets on my nerves, too.

I'd just like to add that Warren Jeffs is a monster in every way a human can be one.  Prison is definitely the right place for him. 

9 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

I remember the episode of Escaping Polygamy where she tried to get to her sister who is living in on the FLDS compound in Pringle, SD. She's a brave woman, and I'm definitely going to check out her book...probably not the interview with Megyn Kelly though. She gets on my nerves, too.

She is in contact with 2 of her sisters. It sounded like 1 left with her. Not sure if the SD sister is now out. I was only able to watch the last half of the interview.

On 11/10/2017 at 9:01 PM, Howl said:

Rachel Jeffs (33), one of Warren Jeffs' daughters and author of her new book "Breaking Free", is being interviewed by Megyn Kelly for Dateline.   She was sexually abused by Warren Jeffs as a child and teen and was forced into an arranged marriage in her teens and decided to escape after Warren Jeffs ordered her, from prison, to be banished from her five children for months at a time.  Although she did grow to love that husband, he refused to leave and is still committed to Warren Jeffs.  She's remarried (to a Blackmore) and is very happy in her new life. 

Megyn Kelly grates  on my very last nerve, but this is a good show and I'd like to read her book:   Breaking Free: How I Escaped Polygamy, the FLDS Cult, and My Father, Warren Jeffs

I am currently reading her book. If I didn't think Warren Jeffs was a monster already, he is even more a monster. Just awful. 

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I am currently reading her book. If I didn't think Warren Jeffs was a monster already, he is even more a monster. Just awful. 

I read "Lost Boy" by Brent W. Jeffs (nephew of Warren). A monster might be too nice.

Warren is definitely a predator and abuser. I really think he thinks of himself as a demigod.

5 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I read "Lost Boy" by Brent W. Jeffs (nephew of Warren). A monster might be too nice.

Warren is definitely a predator and abuser. I really think he thinks of himself as a demigod.

Yes, monster isn't strong enough of a word. 

On 11/17/2017 at 3:15 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

Have you seen the jailhouse footage of him saying he is a fraud and not a prophet? I wish his followers had taken him at his word. The worst punishment I can imagine for him is to live a long painful life knowing he is completely devoid of power. 

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up downloading the book from amazon and reading it over the weekend. It’s not a brilliant piece of literature but it’s a decent read and interesting. 

Thanks for letting me know about it. 

• 2 weeks later...

The book was really fascinating. It explains a lot of the family Dynamics, and it was interesting to read how Warren Jeff's just kind of took over. He was never officially appointed as the prophet, but just claimed that he had been given the title while he was with the current prophet who was in the hospital. 

4 hours ago, Firebird said:

The book was really fascinating. It explains a lot of the family Dynamics, and it was interesting to read how Warren Jeff's just kind of took over. He was never officially appointed as the prophet, but just claimed that he had been given the title while he was with the current prophet who was in the hospital. 

All the stories seem to be the same. Brent Jeffs (Lost Boy author) said basically the same thing and so did a couple others, but right now I can't think of who. Talk about sheeple and never questioning authority! wow, wow, wow

I've always wondered if you're brought up to never question things or think for yourself how responsible are you...I mean it's almost like the imperious curse in Harry Potter. Some people have more of an inate curiosity and intelligence that can never really be squashed and they will eventually discover the truth for themselves, but not everyone does. Like some people choose to join cults, but there are children that grow up into it and that's all they know. if their spirit was broken at a young age and they know no other way...idk...I'm rambling...I guess I find it hard when to decide that a victim of this kind of lifestyle should ultimately start being blamed for continuing that lifestyle.

Archived