IGNORED

Maxwell 15: Simplifying Thanksgiving into Less than Regular Dinner

Coconut Flan

I think pantry showers are rare these days because most people who are marrying are NOT moving from their parents' home to their first home, and therefore don't need to stock a basic pantry.  The vast majority of people who are marrying have at least been living on their own, and have often been living TOGETHER.

My cousin had a pantry shower when she married - but she is fundy-lite and was moving from her parents'  home. The goal was to stock her pantry with spices, dry-goods, and staples (flour, sugar, plastic wrap, and so on) to save the newlyweds a hefty grocery bill when they moved in together.  

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, fundiefan said:

And don't steal the term just to try to make yourselves look normal. It's actually really fucking pathetic.

It also makes me wonder if one of the kids saw an ad for a real Turkey Trot, suggested they run it, and Steve nixed the idea, saying they could just run with their siblings and it would be the same thing. They've gone on jogs before and never labeled them, so it seems like this was Steve throwing a bone to one of his sons or daughters. Even as critics of the Maxwells, I bet we would still be amazed at just how much Steve limits and controls his adult children.

I’m pretty sure this wasn’t Chelsy’s real shower - that will be hosted in Iowa by Allison and will involve her many friends and extended family (she is very close to a few cousins), not just her future sisters in law, their daughters and a few random pants wearing elderly neighbours.

At least the Maxwells provided some food - more than they made for Thanksgiving, it seems.

I don’t see an Allison/Jesse match happening - she seems more independent than Chelsy and has ambitions, including financial goals. I think she’d want more than a recently renovated home in Maxhell and a salary from Swift Otter.

Lets play a guessing game.  How far along is Invisible Elissa since we don't have a due month for her just a "sometime in the first quarter" per Poor Sarah.

DSC_3834-425x284.jpg How come Ruthie and Lydia weren't in the pic?  Calia is.

For someone quite petite, Elissa looks readonably far along. I'm picking February.

I read "pantry" as "panty" and wondered what the hell had happened while I was asleep!

Oops I feel behind by nearly twenty pages because I forgot to FJ for a couple of weeks, but I'm caught up now.

I'm a little disappointed that I wasn't around for the book announcement, but I'm more disappointed that Sarah has again failed to show any creativity.  Oh well, what did I expect?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived