IGNORED

Maxwell 15: Simplifying Thanksgiving into Less than Regular Dinner

Coconut Flan

Another post up about Poor's new book - they are really hyping this thing.  Ten illustrations by Mary and a new cookie recipe by Anna - tested to make sure it is perfect!  Hmmmm...

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Dark Matters said:

Another post up about Poor's new book - they are really hyping this thing.  Ten illustrations by Mary and a new cookie recipe by Anna - tested to make sure it is perfect!  Hmmmm...

Gotta keep those girls busy so they won't think about marriage since Steve will never allow them get married.

Ok I found the winners. There are 3 divisions: primary, jr and sr. A girl won in other primary and Jr divisions. A boy won senior division. Hudson made it to the top five of the Jr division but didn't win. 

I love it when girls win these things! Fundies are so ridiculous about gender roles that I like seeing girls beat the boys.

11 hours ago, Dark Matters said:

"A Tale of Two Animal Crackers"

21 hours ago, Hane said:

A bit OT:

Comment I just posted in the “JOHN’s house!” section, because I’m a twunt that way—

“John’s house! How exciting! Where exactly will Chelsy be living after the wedding, seeing as it's HIS house?”

It will never see the light of day.

The following comment DID make it through, surprisingly,

Alanna B says:

November 19, 2017 at 2:55 pm

Cool. I bet Chelsy will enjoy decorating her new house.

:pb_lol:

7 hours ago, Dandruff said:

"A Tale of Two Animal Crackers"

Oliver Maxwell - “Please sir/Daddy, may I have some more?”

Great Expectations (withering as I trudge through my 30s unmarried and alone)

Bleak House (perfectly apt without alteration)

I suppose they say HIS house because he's the actual and single owner and the only one recorded in the Real Estate Public Registry. I mean, Chelsy has no property rights in that home. Of course I'm just assuming!

If this was true (which of course I don't know) it would be absolutely unfair for Chelsy. If a person is marrying under the promise of not having a job and commited to care her partner no matter what, she should have also property rights or some kind of financial assurance. She's forbidden to work, so at least make her co-owner of the house she'll be cleaning for decades.

20 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I suppose they say HIS house because he's the actual and single owner and the only one recorded in the Real Estate Public Registry. I mean, Chelsy has no property rights in that home. Of course I'm just assuming!

If this was true (which of course I don't know) it would be absolutely unfair for Chelsy. If a person is marrying under the promise of not having a job and commited to care her partner no matter what, she should have also property rights or some kind of financial assurance. She's forbidden to work, so at least make her co-owner of the house she'll be cleaning for decades.

Women owning things? Next thing you know, she's going to shave her head and burn her bra! What's next, women voting for someone their husbands didn't tell them to vote for? /s

6 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Women owning things? Next thing you know, she's going to shave her head and burn her bra! What's next, women voting for someone their husbands didn't tell them to vote for? /s

Yeah! The end of the civilisation!!! :Bang:

But the truth is that probably Steve and Teri are co-owners of their house. Couples used to do that in the past, no matter the wife was a SAHM and wasn't paying for the house (in fact, home chores and raising kids are a hard job). The only tradicional people I know who are not co-owners are the ones who inherit a house, so a real state purchase never happened. But only the husband as an owner of a bought house? it sounds weird to me when talking about traditional couples.

But, again, maybe Chels is co-owner, too.

New post up: Want to know what supplies you need to face paint?  Mary's got you covered.  Actually a not too bad post.  

Mary's writing hurts my eyes ("sticky is everywhere").

But I'm glad she has been allowed to pour hundreds of dollars into this hobby without Steve taking it away. I wonder if Steve insists their hobbies be strictly used as ministry tools. I would think Anna and Mary would love to start a small business and work birthday parties. Who or what is preventing them from doing that?

On 11/18/2017 at 3:42 AM, lilith said:

One of the Bontrager sons won $100,000. That’s not a typo.

Taylor Bontrager--he's 15 now, and he won a couple of thousand dollar prizes in previous years.

Every fundy maiden in the midwest will be chasing him down in about 3 years.

19 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Taylor Bontrager--he's 15 now, and he won a couple of thousand dollar prizes in previous years.

Every fundy maiden in the midwest will be chasing him down in about 3 years.

I was just gonna say. Damn. Forget the fundie maidens, every parent of a fundie maiden of the right age must be keeping a sharp eye on him and just itching for him to hit his 18th birthday (maybe even 17th, many of them seem to feel 17 is an acceptable age to court). The race must be on to see who can hear from God first that Taylor might be the one he has set aside for their daughter.

2 hours ago, Dark Matters said:

New post up: Want to know what supplies you need to face paint?  Mary's got you covered.  Actually a not too bad post.  

It would have made more sense to have it up at the end of last month... oh wait; they don't celebrate the devils birthday :P

I assumed it's still only "John's house" because he and Chelsy aren't married yet. After all, I could be wrong but I don't think they refer to Steve and Teri's house as only "Dad's house," it would be "Dad and Mom's house" I think.

Mary could easily practice with new products and designs on her many nieces and nephews. I wonder if they are allowed to have their faces painted. I think at the last fair, Christopher had his kids there with him and it looked like they were not allowed to join in the fun. 

Conversational detour:  Insomnia does weird things to your mind. The other night, when I could not sleep, I was thinking about the Maxwells. Remember the couple of posts last summer about making the most of your time with your siblings? They seemed to be centered around Jesse. So. 

My conspiracy theory is: WHAT IF Jesse is engaged also and his future in-laws have followed Steve's script and kept it quiet? What if there will be TWO Maxwell weddings in the next few months? It would kind of fit with their crazy rules. After all, we can't have Jesse sleeping in a room all alone, once John leaves.  They need to marry him off right away! 

Okay; I clearly need a nap. 

2 hours ago, meee said:

I assumed it's still only "John's house" because he and Chelsy aren't married yet. After all, I could be wrong but I don't think they refer to Steve and Teri's house as only "Dad's house," it would be "Dad and Mom's house" I think.

This is what I expect from the Maxwells. Chelsy could call offthe wedding at anytime (they know this from experience). So it will not be "their" house until the second they are married. Then it's their house.

I keep wondering why the book announcement isn’t up, then I remember it’s only Monday :pb_lol::pb_lol:

Mary’s post wasn’t the worst written thing on the blog. “Sticky is everywhere” was bizarre, but otherwise it was relatively clear.

3 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Has Teri ever worked or done anything with her degree? 

She has been a teacher for three whole decades! 

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Mary could easily practice with new products and designs on her many nieces and nephews. I wonder if they are allowed to have their faces painted. I think at the last fair, Christopher had his kids there with him and it looked like they were not allowed to join in the fun. 

Conversational detour:  Insomnia does weird things to your mind. The other night, when I could not sleep, I was thinking about the Maxwells. Remember the couple of posts last summer about making the most of your time with your siblings? They seemed to be centered around Jesse. So. 

My conspiracy theory is: WHAT IF Jesse is engaged also and his future in-laws have followed Steve's script and kept it quiet? What if there will be TWO Maxwell weddings in the next few months? It would kind of fit with their crazy rules. After all, we can't have Jesse sleeping in a room all alone, once John leaves.  They need to marry him off right away! 

Okay; I clearly need a nap. 

Does this mean Sarah, Anna, and Mary all share a room too?

Also, hi everyone! I discovered the Maxwells and FreeJinger a few months ago via the Boyer Sisters and I am hooked :pb_eek:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived