IGNORED

Zoey Joy Webster Is Now Here (update)

Oh_Dear!

My son with ASD walked at 13 mo and reached all his other milestones on time too until 12 mo when he was supposed to have at least a couple words and didnt really. Its crazy what a typical baby he was. My girls both walked around 10-11 mo. My 4 year old talks like an 8-9 year old and my 3 yo is very typical in everything, They are all so different! 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My almost three year old is still in my bedroom. In his crib. Lol. We are weird and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone ;)

My parents had my youngest sister in her crib in their room till she beaned dad(with a glass bottle, no less.)

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My almost three year old is still in my bedroom. In his crib. Lol. We are weird and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone ;)

Having a bed for Miniway at all has been a total waste of space so far. He turns four i February and has slept in our bed since he was born. In Sweden I don’t know anyone who has their baby in it’s own room. Most people have them in a seperate bed though. :pb_lol:

I absolutely hated having my kids in my bed and I still do. I can't sleep at all. But I can sleep ok if they are in my room in a different bed. 

My daughter co-slept in my bed until 15 months, then she slept on a mattress in our bedroom until she was 2. My son is still co-sleeping with me in bed and is soon to be 17 months. He does not seem ready to sleep on the mattress the whole night but often sleeps there until about 1 then he will often wake up too much and need breastfeeding and comfort. I probably could put him back on the mattress if I had the energy to try to make that effort but I don't at the moment. I plan to work a little less starting February or March and then I will make an effort at getting him to sleep there the whole or most of the night. Most people I know have their child in their bedroom until they are at the very least 6 months and most for longer. I also know many kids that co-sleep all or parts of the night until they are school age or even older. The idea of the parents' bedroom being almost a secret place for kids isn't really around here (I am Swedish too). Even those who transfer their kids to their own room pretty early often allow kids to come and sleep in bed if they are ill or wake up and are sad. It is often considered good to have kids that sleep in their own room but not really that strange if they don't. I would love to have a son who would sleep in his own bed all night but I feel no stress at the moment. If he is still not sleeping in his own bed by this summer I will use our time off then to try to teach him. 

Co-sleeping does not work for me person. I never get a wink of sleep. Mine were always in their cribs in their own room from day one. 

My two are currently sleeping in the playpen bassinet in our bedroom. They'll stay there for sure until my husband goes back to work in January. After that I'm not sure what we'll do. I'd like to keep them in the bedroom with us, but that may not be doable if my husband has to get up for work everyday. In that case we'll move them into their cribs in their own room and I'll feed them in there at night. 

We won't cosleep. With two preemies, it just doesn't seem safe to me. However I know it works really well for some families and that's what's important :) 

My brother and I were each in our parents room until we were one and then ended up in our rooms. I slept in a crib until just after three when I figured out how to get out of my crib. The crib had these latches that you lifted and down came one side. My mom was in the kitchen with my dad and some friends when she saw me looking around the corner surprising and scaring the crap out of her (because I had climbed out of my bed and crawled downstairs where I could have hurt myself). But on the other hand, was very proud of myself.

When my nephew moved from crib to bed he loved it. He could get up and wander around the house often showing up in his parents bedroom. To him it was like finally having free run of the house. It took his parents a long time to get across to him that bed time actually meant he had to stay in bed and sleep. They both realized sleeping in was over because if he was getting up at four in the morning, so were they (my parents do kind of laugh at that part because my brother was an early riser too so now he knows what is like have to get up at four when your three year old is up, completely well rested and ready to play).  

13 hours ago, elliha said:

My daughter co-slept in my bed until 15 months, then she slept on a mattress in our bedroom until she was 2. My son is still co-sleeping with me in bed and is soon to be 17 months. He does not seem ready to sleep on the mattress the whole night but often sleeps there until about 1 then he will often wake up too much and need breastfeeding and comfort. I probably could put him back on the mattress if I had the energy to try to make that effort but I don't at the moment. I plan to work a little less starting February or March and then I will make an effort at getting him to sleep there the whole or most of the night. Most people I know have their child in their bedroom until they are at the very least 6 months and most for longer. I also know many kids that co-sleep all or parts of the night until they are school age or even older. The idea of the parents' bedroom being almost a secret place for kids isn't really around here (I am Swedish too). Even those who transfer their kids to their own room pretty early often allow kids to come and sleep in bed if they are ill or wake up and are sad. It is often considered good to have kids that sleep in their own room but not really that strange if they don't. I would love to have a son who would sleep in his own bed all night but I feel no stress at the moment. If he is still not sleeping in his own bed by this summer I will use our time off then to try to teach him. 

I’m from the Northeastern US. Most parents I know don’t really treat their room as a sacred “no kids ever” space. My baby loves exploring our room during the day and I often bring her in with me if I have things to do in there. She sleeps in her own room, but if she ever needs comfort I go in to soothe her - and once she’s walking she’ll be more than welcome to come to us in our bedroom too. I don’t think we’d ever turn a scared or sick Velocibaby away if she needed the comfort of sleeping beside us at night.

The only time we intend to have our door closed and/or locked is if we’re having sex. Every couple is different and approaches it differently, but for us that’s a private moment for just us. 

Interesting subject! My mom and step-dads room was definitely a mysterious place that I wasnt really supposed to be in unless I needed something fairly important. I NEVER went in their bed under any circumstances, it just wasnt a thing.  I would explore in there when she wasnt home and always found some juicy and/or embarrassing stuff.

With my kids we do not co-sleep or co-room at night but our room is not really off limits nor is there anything exciting in there (we're boring I guess). And they always come snuggle in bed with us in the morning. I couldnt sleep or have sex if my kids were in bed with us. And thats what my bed is for so yeah. But I know others who love co-sleeping. Its just not for me. I need some personal space at least at night!

On 12/15/2017 at 10:00 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My 3.5 YO GD is still co-sleeping. She has her own bedroom, that is basically now a playroom. This is sort of a cultural thing (they live in Latin America), but I think my daughter and her hubs are starting to see the downside...I think GD thinks she will be co-sleeping with them forever. LOL

On 12/16/2017 at 6:30 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I absolutely hated having my kids in my bed and I still do. I can't sleep at all. But I can sleep ok if they are in my room in a different bed. 

My rule once they were a bit older, they could come into my room at night...bring a pillow and a blanket, and the floor is yours! No kids in the bed, I'd never get a wink of sleep. 

My daughter slept in a crib in our room until she was one. We had to have her back in our room for a couple of nights after she learned how to climb out of her crib at 14 months (At one year old she was as tall as a tall 18 month old and now at 15 months she is as tall as a 2 year old boy!). But thankfully she adjusted to her toddler bed really well after about 3 nights. Her room is completely baby proofed and we have a video monitor so we can keep an eye on her hijinks. Mostly though, she now seems to love sleep just as much as her Mommy does. My mom frequently caught me climbing in to my crib when I was a little older than my daughter is now- because I was done and I just wanted to sleep! 

I bring her in to bed with us to snuggle in the morning on days that I don't have to work. As long as she still wants Mama snuggles, I am more than willing to let her have them! 

Just wanted to chime in on the room sharing debate. For us, we've always done it that way. We actually have a toddler bed in our master bedroom for our three year old, she has a bed in the room she technically shares with her older sister but she has never slept in it yet. Our one year old has a cosleeper crib that attaches to the side of our bed. I find that having the smallest one close means a better nights sleep for all of us.

Alyssa is the first person I've ever seen use her closet as a baby space and it initially shocked me to see that. I've seen a few people say that they do it and that's definitely opened my eyes to a new kind of room sharing.

I'm a co-sleeper too, my son came home from the hospital, and into our bed,... that was fun, lol, me, his dad, a new born, and 2 German Shepherds, lol...

He's 10 now, and sleeps in his bed fine... he still likes my bed though, so I'll let him sleep with me on the weekends :)

Those pants are the worst! 

On rooming in: I kept one baby next to me in a bassinet / pack in play / cosleeping  next to me for almost a year and the other slept in his crib from night one.  I took my cues from them. 

I've got no problems with the bassinet in the closet. Honestly there's nothing wrong with that, plenty of people do it. Keeps baby close by but also a little separate to help with noise/lights if mom and dad are up a little longer. I"m currently 23 weeks, and we are determined not to bed share. We'll keep baby in a bassinet in our room for the first few months, but after that we'll transition to the crib in his nursery. Every one of my friends who bed-shared regrets it, because now they're all stuck with toddlers in their bed they can't get out.

I wasn’t on FJ (actually hadn’t even heard about fundies yet) when Alyssa got married but I wanted to know how people reacted to her getting to know John at 17 and getting married at 19 and pregnant fast. I feel like people criticized Joy and Kendra for being so young/immature when getting married pregnant but I’ve always noticed people love Alyssa and I hardy hear anything bad about her so idk how things went with her. 

Can some one enlighten me? Or is there a thread about it?

25 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I wasn’t on FJ (actually hadn’t even heard about fundies yet) when Alyssa got married but I wanted to know how people reacted to her getting to know John at 17 and getting married at 19 and pregnant fast. I feel like people criticized Joy and Kendra for being so young/immature when getting married pregnant but I’ve always noticed people love Alyssa and I hardy hear anything bad about her so idk how things went with her. 

Can some one enlighten me? Or is there a thread about it?

I think in general the Bates fam just gets less attention on FJ. So you may find a few posts on their young age when they began courting, I know I’ve seen them. But they don’t get talked about half as often as the Duggars, also Alyssa only just got her own thread like a month ago.

Going back through the Bates subforum around page 6 is when Alyssa and John got engaged.  We did have Alyssa and John threads then.

This may be what you're looking to find:

In this particular case I think she did get less criticism (less discussion in general for sure) and I think it largely has to do with the fact that Alyssa has always presented as a very mature and competent person. And that kind of quells some peoples concerns about young marriage. 

25 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

In this particular case I think she did get less criticism (less discussion in general for sure) and I think it largely has to do with the fact that Alyssa has always presented as a very mature and competent person. And that kind of quells some peoples concerns about young marriage. 

I definitely remember raising some concerns about it, especially since she showed no interest in college or any job skills and Kelly made it seem like no one can plan a wedding and take a college class at the same time. There were a lot of differing opinions about getting married so young, which seems par for the course on FJ.

But yeah, she presents as much more put together than say Carlin. Also, John had a steady and decently well-paying job working HVAC, which ameliorated the "how on earth are they going to survive?" conversations that we've had about Jessa and Ben and Carlin and Evan. (Unfortunately, Derick's lazy ass ways initially slipped by me.)

I'm not sure about the Bates girls that married before Tori, but it also seemed to me like Tori and Carlin and Josie have had more time to get to know their SO's than the Duggar Girls (and one boy) have had. Didn't Tori and Bobby 'date' for at least a year before they started courting?  (It is very possible that my mind is mixing up Carlin and Evan's and Tori and Bobby's 'date' time duration, so please correct me if I'm wrong!) Or were they courting for over a year before they got engaged?
 The Duggars don't even have an official 'dating' fase. I can't even imagine jessa or jinger or joseph would have been allowed to hang out with Ben, Jeremy, or Kendra during their courships the way Carlin and Evan are allowed to spend time together without even being in an official courtship.
Also, I think that Gil told Evan he thought Carlin wasn't mature enough yet for a courship, or something along those lines? That would indicate that Gil and Kelly do take the maturity of their kids into consideration when it comes to courtship and marriage. I’m not sure Michelle and Jim bob do. I think their primary concerns are their child’s prospective partner’s godliness and ensuring the purity of the unmarried couple. So, if the partner is deemed godly enough, the most important thing then becomes ensuring the unmarried couple’s purity, and the easiest way to ensure that is through strictly supervised(/chaperoned) dates, and keeping the courtship and subsequent engagement as short as possible. In a recent inquisitr article, Jill Dillard even acknowledged this was the reason for her short engagement: “You may not wanna push the wedding date out too far, as those natural God-given desires with too much time between engagement and marriage can make it harder to remain pure”.

(Link to the article about Jill https://www.inquisitr.com/1894421/jill-duggar-admits-that-she-used-to-be-really-boy-crazy/ )

16 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

The Bates also were not on TV when Alyssa and John got married. It was between UBOA and BUB, whereas all of the Duggars have had highly televised events for weddings. 

Also, I think out of all the Bates Alyssa and Michael really try to keep to themselves. They don’t appear on the show much and only post on social media periodically to throw their fans a bone. All of the Duggars appear on TV, magazines, and social media all of the time, so there’s more snark fodder. 

On 11/12/2017 at 5:11 PM, JordynDarby5 said:

The first child they couldn't wait for him or her to start walking and did all they could to encourage them. Until of course they did and realized now Baby was on the move and had to constantly keep an eye on them. Then wondered why they were in such a rush for that. 

Haha what is it they say? You cant wait for them to walk and talk and then all you want them to do is sit down and shut up LOL

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived