IGNORED

Zoey Joy Webster Is Now Here (update)

Oh_Dear!

I haven't seen anyone demonizing here the girly stuff either but in real life I know a lot of "progressive" people who do it... It's annoying tbh! we are in an era of freedom and choices, kids should be as girly or non girly as they want to (applies for any sex).

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a great fan of pink but the bedding in white, pink and grey was very nice and suited the room well so I have little to say about that.

About belonging to a church that is stricter than you, it is not that uncommon. I have friends who belong to Swedish protestant churches other than my own who are less liberal about for example sex and LGBTQ+ issues but feel that other issues like what type of baptism is performed "wins" even though they agree fully or partly with me that it is possible to have sex outside of marriage or be gay and out and still be a good Christian or that gay marriage really isn't the end of the world etc. Many of them do try to change their churches with respect to these issues too. 

Lexi may be the cutest baby I have ever seen. Ugh, my happily child-free uterus is lurching towards this picture. 

5 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

Addallee is a mini-Michael. In these pictures I also see a lot of Tori in her.

I also think Addallee, Michael, and Ellie all resemble Gill quite a bit. 

I was just thinking about Alyssa's due date. I bet Zoey will show up on Easter/April fools day. Alyssa is due on the 2nd and so far she has went right on her due date. Allie. and one day before Lexie. she also seems to have super easy labors so here's hoping that trend continues for her and the babies sake. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Bates have so far made very cute kids and grandkids.  There isn't a bad looking one in the bunch. Disgusting beliefs but cute children. 

Let’s hope that this is Alyssa’s last child and she telegraphing a secret code by announcing the name Zoey. 

She will have 3 kids from A (Allie) to Z (Zoey).  :my_cool:

Lexie is the cutest so sad that any day now she'll be regulated to middle child well the new baby takes her place. 

also look at that baby bump. 

This is one cute picture!! I really hope Alyssa and John take a break after this one. They won't stop completely, not until they have at least one boy, but a two year gap would help a LOT in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, ophelia said:
This is one cute picture!! I really hope Alyssa and John take a break after this one. They won't stop completely, not until they have at least one boy, but a two year gap would help a LOT in my opinion. 

I think they will keep going until they have a boy but with three the gap might be bigger? Two toddlers and a new born has to be a form of birth control right?

1 minute ago, FeministFunPolice said:

I think they will keep going until they have a boy but with three the gap might be bigger? Two toddlers and a new born has to be a form of birth control right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it comes to non-fundie couple I'd probably agree with you, but Alyssa was taught to be available to her husband whenever he wants.. so I guess we'll wait and see.

Question for all the Bates family experts: Did Kelly Jo ever have a breakdown like Michelle Duggar had in the laundry room when she was having 5 or 6 kids? Did she ever publicly mention something like that? Her first children are even closer in age than Michelle's and she didn't have a Grandma Duggar around like Michelle had, or did she?

Did anyone notice that Alyssa said she was very surprised when she learned about her third pregnancy?I think I saw it in a promo clip.I believe Zoey was definetely not planned and maybe (hopefully) they are more careful to prevent a fourth after her Birth!

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

When it comes to non-fundie couple I'd probably agree with you, but Alyssa was taught to be available to her husband whenever he wants.. so I guess we'll wait and see.

Question for all the Bates family experts: Did Kelly Jo ever have a breakdown like Michelle Duggar had in the laundry room when she was having 5 or 6 kids? Did she ever publicly mention something like that? Her first children are even closer in age than Michelle's and she didn't have a Grandma Duggar around like Michelle had, or did she?

Probably she had. Is impossible not to have. But I see Kelly mentally stronger than Michelle and even less motherly. The less bonded you are with your kids, the easier to train them, turn them into sistermoms or make them do heavy chores. 

1 minute ago, Mim said:

Did anyone notice that Alyssa said she was very surprised when she learned about her third pregnancy?I think I saw it in a promo clip.I believe Zoey was definetely not planned and maybe (hopefully) they are more careful to prevent a fourth after her Birth!

I think she's a planner and not really into having lots of kids. I bet next gap will be waaay longer. Also she and John seem to have an equal mariage, so her opinion counts, plus John is involved with raising kuds and he'll be exhausted with 3 too.

I got the impression that Zoey was a NFP fail, personally but who knows with these people.

The Bates do have adorable grandchildren, they have the advantage of not having Jim Bob Duggar in their family for all the grandkids to slightly look like (except Henry. You go, Henry)

Alyssa will struggle for a few years if she keeps going at this pace but she's set up better then any Duggar girl to end up with a quiverfull having three older daughters to sister mom in the future. 

19 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The Bates do have adorable grandchildren, they have the advantage of not having Jim Bob Duggar in their family for all the grandkids to slightly look like (except Henry. You go, Henry)

Spurgeon is an adorable little boy and I don't see much JimBoob in him. Even Smuggar made some really cute kids and Mack is probably going to be a breathtaking beauty. But Jill's children really look a lot like JB. It somehow fits, if you asked me, since she always seemed to be his favorite in some ways. 

17 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Alyssa will struggle for a few years if she keeps going at this pace but she's set up better then any Duggar girl to end up with a quiverfull having three older daughters to sister mom in the future. 

What an accurate and yet depressing thought. Those poor girls. I really hope Alyssa and John figure out how to properly use NFP and give themselves and those girls a break.

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

Spurgeon is an adorable little boy and I don't see much JimBoob in him. Even Smuggar made some really cute kids and Mack is probably going to be a breathtaking beauty. But Jill's children really look a lot like JB. It somehow fits, if you asked me, since she always seemed to be his favorite in some ways.

Considering that Jill looks a lot like the young JB it is really no surprise that her kids may resemble him. 

I hope John discovers the wonder of condoms or vasectomy!

On 3/23/2018 at 2:54 AM, ophelia said:

Did Kelly Jo ever have a breakdown like Michelle Duggar had in the laundry room when she was having 5 or 6 kids? Did she ever publicly mention something like that? Her first children are even closer in age than Michelle's and she didn't have a Grandma Duggar around like Michelle had, or did she?

I don't think she has ever mentioned anything like that. She had to have been stressed and overwhelmed at some points, though. Kelly and Gil did(and still do) put a lot of focus on making sure they get min-vacations away from the children, even when they didn't have the money to feed/clothe those children. That isn't something Jim Bob and Michelle appeared to do. Getting away from it all probably helped ease the stress. 

I like to believe that Alyssa and John had a look into NFP. In reality I will never know of course. If it is the case though I am not surprised if they got it wrong. You really have to be experienced to use it successfully as the only form of contraception and after a pregnancy your cycle might be even more out of rhythm so it is even more difficult. If so I would hope they keep going and don’t get frustrated because it didn’t work. 

That said, I am sure they aren’t done. They probably try to space them and they definitely would want a boy in my opinion. I feel like they admitted that Allie is more of a strong willed child and it did seem to me that they haven’t started to break her in very harsh. At least that is what I took from the video snippets on YT. Hopefully for Allie my assumption is correct. If they try a more soft approach I can totally see the need to space the next children. 

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived