IGNORED

Roy Moore is a *fucking child molesting loser*

AmazonGrace

Then Sean Hannity, of course, said it was consensual with the 14-year-old. Cause, of course, he would!

Saw a thread on Twitter that pointed out that in so many Fundie circles, the idea of young girls being married off to older men is perfectly okay. Remember the Duck Dynasty bastard openly advocating it. And many others. Or there’s the appalling Maranatha Chapman story.

So many in Alabama probably don’t object to his behavior at all.

My mother’s right wing cousin spent weeks posting about Harvey Weinstein. She was obsessed. But Roy Moore? Crickets.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Activist Mommy is obsessively posting about Roy Moore and defending him. It's all the evil democrats and their smear campaign against him. 

@louisa05 I read that same exact threat earlier this morning!

I wish for the day where people realize evangelical Christians actually don't have any type of morals no matter how much they try to scream bible but neglect to follow its actual teachings.

This guy: 

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/359792-alabama-state-rep-roy-moores-accusers-should-be-prosecuted

Spoiler

State Rep. Ed Henry told The Cullman Times that he is “not buying” the Washington Post report, which was published with accounts from four women and backed up by 30 sources. The report accused Moore of kissing and sexually touching a 14-year-old girl when he was 32.

“If they believe this man is predatory, they are guilty of allowing him to exist for 40 years,” Henry said. “I think someone should prosecute and go after them. You can’t be a victim 40 years later, in my opinion.”

I'd be rightfully banned from FJ if I wrote what I thinking about Ed Henry right now. :angry-cussingblack:

Another good one from Jennifer Rubin: "The appalling and entirely predictable GOP reaction to Roy Moore’s accusers"

Spoiler

Elected Republicans generally reacted in one of two ways to The Post’s deeply sourced report of one women who describes being kissed and fondled by now-GOP Senate nominee Roy Moore when she was 14 years old and reports by three other women who tell about inappropriate advances by Moore when they were teens. Tragically, one of the ways was not, “This is an abomination. We believe the accounts of four separate women and corroborating evidence. He must immediately withdraw from the race. If he does not and somehow manages to win we will not permit him to caucus with Republicans. No party advantage or political boost should be derived from the election of someone credibly reported to behave in this manner. Had we known about this we would never have countenanced his run.”

Instead, a slew of U.S. senators said he should leave if the allegations were “true.” This is a shameful dodge. They need to assess whether to believe Moore, who denies the charges (this from someone twice removed from the bench), or the painful, detailed recollections of his accusers. What’s it going to be fellas? All they could do was manage to blame Stephen K. Bannon, who backed Moore. But of course, they have all endorsed Moore and now have the power to disown him. That would require them to take his word over the accounts of four women who do not know each other and have no motivation to make any of this up.

And that was not the worst of it. Alabama Republicans uttered despicable defenses of Moore:

“Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus,” Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told  The Washington Examiner. “There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

Actually, the conduct described by the 14-year-old is both illegal and immoral. (It’s not clear whether the other accounts describe a crime or “just” deeply inappropriate and immoral conduct.)

The Alabama Republican governor intends to vote for Moore but won’t endorse him.

A Toronto Star reporter tweeted, ” ‘It was 40 years ago,’ Alabama Marion County GOP chair David Hall tells me. ‘I really don’t see the relevance of it. He was 32. She was supposedly 14. She’s not saying that anything happened other than they kissed.'” Hall wasn’t done, according to the reporter. “‘The story said she said he tried to get her to touch his genitals.’ Hall: ‘Well, she said he may have TRIED to. But we’re talking something that somebody SAID happened, 40 years ago. It wouldn’t affect whether or not I’d vote for him.”

The same reporter also recounted another response:

After a long pause, Alabama Bibb County Republican chairman Jerry Pow tells me he’d vote for Roy Moore even if Moore did commit a sex crime against a girl.
“I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn’t want to vote for Doug,” he says. “I’m not saying I support what he did.”

He also documented responses from other Alabama Republicans, all vowing to back Moore.

If you are sickened by this — both the cowering from national Republicans and the repulsive defense of Moore coming from local Republicans — you must not be a GOP “tribalist,” the new brand of Republican who will justify any conduct, excuse any behavior, rationalize any rhetoric, adopt any conspiracy theory and deny any evidence to protect the “tribe.” It’s nothing short of moral nihilism, not to mention disqualifying from public service.

This has been a long time coming. Republicans put up with Trump calling Mexicans rapists, insulting a POW, making racist accusations against a federal judge, attacking Gold Star parents and boasting on tape about sexual abuse of women. They’ve chosen to ignore accounts from more than a dozen women who allege Trump engaged in sexually inappropriate behavior. Republicans  have condoned lying, bullying and willful ignorance by a man some of them don’t trust with the authority to launch nuclear war. So would they let a few allegations of sexual exploitation of children get in the way of a Senate seat? You’ve got their answer.

Let’s hope national and local Republicans reconsider their immoral and abhorrent behavior. Let’s pray they do some soul-searching about the purpose of public service and their responsibilities as human beings. If they don’t reverse course, they’ve given voters one more reason to get rid of the whole lot of them in 2018.

13 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Then Sean Hannity, of course, said it was consensual with the 14-year-old. Cause, of course, he would!

This is where we need the "oh I'm going to barf" reaction emoji. Is Hannity going to be the next FoxSpews host to finally get called out for sexual assault?

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'd be rightfully banned from FJ if I wrote what I thinking about Ed Henry right now. :angry-cussingblack:

Another disgusting white man who thinks that his tribe should have free access to whichever woman or child he wants. If these filthy sick scumbags think 14 is old enough to have sex, then this girl should have the right to vote, no? Drive a car. Own a car. Own land. Oh, and why don't you buy her a gun for her purse?

And of course we all know that if she's not your wife and she ends up pregnant she'll have to go to that doctor you know and have that unfortunate "miscarriage".

15 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Ah, so you are just ignoring the legal 'age of consent' then, Hannity? 

(BTW, the youngest age of consent in any of the states is 16, and in some states even 17 or 18)

In 1985, Roy was 38 when he married Kayla, who was 24.  That's a long damn time to be a bachelor. 

He went to West Point and was an unsuccessful Democrat running for circuit court judge until about the time he married Kayla and converted to Republicanism.  I have a feeling there might be many more skeletons in that closet. 

55 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Well, to be fair to the party of the Greasy Old Perverts, they are perfectly fine with the gun part. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wisconsin-toddlers-hunting-guns_us_59fe10e3e4b0baea26320a48

Can we just get them all t-shirts that say "I'm the NRA's Bitch"? That twitter feed was all kinds of hilarious though. My cat gave me the side-eye when I was laughing at the kitten part.

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Well, to be fair to the party of the Greasy Old Perverts, they are perfectly fine with the gun part. 

I also Stephen King's description of GOP standing for Groping Old Pervs. So many choices, and yet still the assholes are in power/running for office/scamming the middle class....take your pick.

The swear jar is getting a workout this week.

3 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

:roll:

'In breaking news, Roy Moore's wife Kayla accidentally drilled holes in both of Moore's hands as they attempted to hang an NRA sign in their garage. At the sight of the blood, Kayla dropped the drill on the floor and it drilled holes through both of Moore's feet. A spokesperson for Moore says he is out of the hospital and re-thinking his use of words.'

Double standards, to feed a BT's cognitive dissonance.

A man who dated Ms. Corfman says she told him about her experience with Moore:

On 11/9/2017 at 12:11 PM, onekidanddone said:

You forgot:

• Obama!
  • Inner cities!
  • Mexicans steeling our jobs!
  • Muslims!
  • War on Christmas!
  • War on coal!
  • Black Lives Matter!

On 11/9/2017 at 11:48 AM, GrumpyGran said:

And yet, the good people of Alabama will choose one of these:

1. He's asked God to forgive him and God did, it's none of your business.

2. Fake news, they're liars looking for money.

3. He has been anointed by God, this is the devil or some other shit, ask one of those rambling "prophets", they'll explain it, MAGA!

4. Look over there! Hillary, Bengazi, emails, Harvey Weinstein, Bill Clinton, fake dossier, uranium, Bama/Auburn(choose one) sucks.

You guys forgot the Mary, Joseph and Jesus argument. Prepare yourself for this article. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-alabama-roy-moore-response-jesus-mary-joseph-20171109-story.html

"Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus," Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told The Washington Examiner. "There's just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual."

18 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

He also told Hannity that he had permission from the girls' mothers before "dating" them. Um... First of all, NO. Also, no one can give you permission to molest someone. :angry-banghead:

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

A man who dated Ms. Corfman says she told him about her experience with Moore:

Oh, dear. HillaryObamaChicagoUraniumBengaziSteeleDossierWTFMySenateCandidateIsAPervertPizzaCoalJesusJosephAndMaryNFLMAGAWhiteFolkMattersMoreNRAEagleFlagHarveyWeinsteinHollywoodEliteSomebodyHelpMe...

Damn it Merry Christmas!

1 hour ago, WiseGirl said:

I also Stephen King's description of GOP standing for Groping Old Pervs. So many choices, and yet still the assholes are in power/running for office/scamming the middle class....take your pick.

The swear jar is getting a workout this week.

I also like Molest American Girls Again . 

I expected GOP members to say things like, "There's no proof yet," "He's innocent until proven guilty," "It's fake news from the Democrats."

I did not expect them to say, "This doesn't matter, even if it is true."  "There's nothing wrong with an adult man having sex with a 14-year-old girl."  "I would rather vote for a pedophile than a Democrat."

These reactions are leaving me with the same sense of despair I felt after Trump's election--the feeling that there are people in this world who I will truly never understand how they think, that they rule everything, and that there is nothing I can do about it.  I think I need to take a break from following the news.

He's losing endorsements:

Two key GOP senators who had endorsed embattled Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore rescinded that support Friday night.

Within one minute of each other on Twitter, Sens. Mike Lee of Utah and Steve Daines of Montana publicly announced they will no longer back the candidate, who is accused of sexually touching a 14-year-old girl when he was 32 and pursuing three other girls when they were 16, 17 and 19. The Washington Post first reported the accusations Thursday, which were later confirmed by CBS News.

The statements from Daines and Lee come amid mounting pressure for Republicans to denounce Moore. A number of them have called for Moore to step aside, although the statements from Daines and Lee stopped short of that on Friday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/senators-begin-rescinding-support-for-roy-moore/ar-BBEPkLw

16 minutes ago, GeoBQn said:

I expected GOP members to say things like, "There's no proof yet," "He's innocent until proven guilty," "It's fake news from the Democrats."

I did not expect them to say, "This doesn't matter, even if it is true."  "There's nothing wrong with an adult man having sex with a 14-year-old girl."  "I would rather vote for a pedophile than a Democrat."

These reactions are leaving me with the same sense of despair I felt after Trump's election--the feeling that there are people in this world who I will truly never understand how they think, that they rule everything, and that there is nothing I can do about it.  I think I need to take a break from following the news.

It’s the same sort of reaction that you saw from Huckabee et al over the bathroom bills when they were all, “I’d totally put on a dress and pretend to be trans if it meant I could check out women and girls in various states of undress.” Yet it’s trans women, who just want to do their business in peace, that we’re supposed to be afraid of, rather than pervy old white dudes openly fantasizing about being peeping toms. I think a precedent was set when Bill “Catholic League” Donahue defamed male victims of priestly abuse by saying they were engaged in gay relationships and probably seduced guys like serial abusers John Geoghan, so it was really their own fault. And then conservatives ask why it takes victims so long to come forward with stories of abuse. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived