IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 7

Coconut Flan

On 1/13/2018 at 9:57 AM, Palimpsest said:

I'd rather not take a trip down the Ministry Watchman memory lane, thanks.  I went down that rabbit hole a few years ago, and am still scrubbing off the manure.

Bottom line, I don't find the Ministry Watchman a credible source for information on Ligonier.  Others may differ.

"Frank Vance" is a pseudonym, and the Ministry Watchman AKAFrank Vance, mounted a huge attack against Ligonier Ministries (and Sprouls Jr. and Sr.) for years back in the 2000s.  He also slammed Doug Phillips as a sideline (and supported Jen and Mark Epstein) and isn't keen at all on Kevin Swanson or Doug Wilson.  

That all sounds good.  Until you dive a little further into the murk and discover why he is attacking them.  Matt Chauncy called out Vance as a Kinist, and this may be an occasion when a stopped clock is right twice a day.

It seems to be jealousy.  All the above were more "successful" than Vance, and he thinks they are too damn liberal and not white supremacist enough.  

Vance MAY be Peter Kershaw (AKA TW Eston on Jen's Gems.)  They were both associated with a vile and now defunct site called "Little Geneva."  As in Geneva Bible.  Peter Kershaw wrote a book called "In Caesar's Grip," much admired by Kent Hovind.  He's this guy http://www.hushmoney.org/

So make up your own minds.

Every time I hear the term “kinist” it rhymes in my brain with “kine” — Which is Old Testament for swine? (They’re all pigs...?) Or maybe it’s cattle. In any event, it reminds me of some video I saw about a guy who had an affair with a sheep.

Sorry for the side-track. I was thinking “Kershaw” as I was reading but I don’t remember where that connection came from. Maybe even here on FJ.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, refugee said:

Every time I hear the term “kinist” it rhymes in my brain with “kine”

I'm afraid it rhymes with "skin."  Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinism

Kershaw (who may be Vance) and that ilk have a beef because regular ugly Christian Reconstructionist Dominionist beliefs are not racist enough for them.  To whit, they consort with Voddies and actually are Ok with adopting children of color.

It gets very ugly.

26 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Kershaw (who may be Vance) and that ilk have a beef because regular ugly Christian Reconstructionist Dominionist beliefs are not racist enough for them.  To whit, they consort with Voddies and actually are Ok with adopting children of color.

Seriously; if Doug Phillips and RC Sproul Jr. are "too liberal" for you, please check into a mental health facility. 

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Kershaw (who may be Vance)

I was hoping for Nick

Spoiler

On 1/12/2018 at 8:21 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Agreed, but everywhere she went, she went "under her husband's umbrella of protection." It almost seems bizarre that she would now take such risks, and then post about to her friends, many of whom still have the same VF beliefs they always did.

Yes, and isn't this just the biggest elephant in the corner of the living room in the snug little Durango Victorian?    

21 hours ago, formergothardite said:

According to this link they don't remember who chose meatball or why they really chose it. 

And are unaware that it might have negative connotations. :whistle:

So over on the FJ Thread about the positively Netherworld Torturing Turpins  @Nollybear deftly observed on the Monster Turpins' facebook page they had a "Like" or "Follow" for Vision Forum. I do wish someone who is connected to the VF FB page or associated/connected social media accounts would query something like:

"Isn't it heartbreaking to see the Turpins have followed Vision Forum and indicated their affinity for such destructive worldviews."

The "(After) Vision Forum" Facebook page has been updated again. Whoever is manning/womaning it these days is seeking responses to the government shutdown:

Your Opinion on the Government Shut Down? 
Today marks the thirteenth government shutdown since 1981. Here is what things look like: Congress failed to approve a federal budget for the upcoming fiscal year. This means nonessential functions of the U.S. government close until lawmakers can agree on a budget. Practically - The postal service continues; Social Security checks are paid; Congress gets paid; Military must work, but their pay status is in question; Vets may not receive checks; Government agencies are closed; All national parks are closed. Millions of tax payer money will not be spent. No passports or visas offered during this time. Just under a million government workers may be furloughed. How bad is this? Really bad? Or not so much? Is it a good thing? What is your opinion?

One wonders what's really going on there...tentative moves toward some sort of comeback, perchance?

3 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

One wonders what's really going on there...tentative moves toward some sort of comeback, perchance?

And who is the intended audience?

Unless comments are being edited, looks like a bunch of VF leg-humpers are the only ones there. 

“But over the last few days, I’ve discovered some pretty horrendous and offensive websites, led by men claiming to be teaching biblical truth on men’s and women’s roles.”

Stacy just discovered this “OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS”!!! OMG, girl, you must be, like, SO SHOCKED! Because I know Doug Phillips wasn't teaching that shee-ite when you and Jennie Chancey published your book through him! Nuh-uh!

4 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

“But over the last few days, I’ve discovered some pretty horrendous and offensive websites, led by men claiming to be teaching biblical truth on men’s and women’s roles.”

Stacy just discovered this “OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS”!!! OMG, girl, you must be, like, SO SHOCKED! Because I know Doug Phillips wasn't teaching that shee-ite when you and Jennie Chancey published your book through him! Nuh-uh!

What a liar! 

On 1/21/2018 at 10:57 AM, DomWackTroll said:

<<Sigh...>>

Oh, Stacy.

Stacy, Stacy, Stacy.

Don't piss on my leg and then try to tell me it's raining. 

6 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

<<Sigh...>>

Oh, Stacy.

Stacy, Stacy, Stacy.

Don't piss on my leg and then try to tell me it's raining. 

Can't wait to see what Stacy says in response to this comment from Joe Weathers who, IIRC, attended many a VF/NCFIC shindig with his dad & family:

Joe Weathers Well said. Unfortunately, the kind of teachings that you mention have been taught by organizations like Vision Forum, the National Center for Family Integrated Churches, etc for the past two decades and have done untold amounts of damage to families around the country.

Joe Weathers also posted on the Captains Facebook a few weeks back and got into a "fight" with one of the Smith's leghumpers. His SIL, Christie Weathers, is very close to Kelly Bradrick and used to have a blog as well, where she promoted corporal punishment for toddlers (Voddie Baucham-style). Since then she and her husband had six kids, used to live in a beautiful cottage in rural Georgia and now reside in NYC. They attend a hipsterish church that seems quite nice. They've come a long way and although this says nothing about their beliefs and stances today, it is good to see that some of them are at least admitting that VF did a whole lot of damage to a lot of people.

7 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Can't wait to see what Stacy says in response to this comment from Joe Weathers who, IIRC, attended many a VF/NCFIC shindig with his dad & family:

Two days and no response. So typical. 

Oh Beall. Stop tagging your public Instagram pictures with #growingoldwithyou. A. You’re 50, not 70 and B. The only “You” around are your kids.

JFC. I don’t know why I’m so BOTHERED by her pretending DPIAT is still around. But I am.

Two days and no response. So typical. 

Stacey hasn’t deleted it? Whaaaaat?!?

28 minutes ago, bea said:

Oh Beall. Stop tagging your public Instagram pictures with #growingoldwithyou. A. You’re 50, not 70 and B. The only “You” around are your kids.

JFC. I don’t know why I’m so BOTHERED by her pretending DPIAT is still around. But I am

I don't understand this big deal about turning 50.  It's obviously touched some insecurity in her (no shit, if I was married to the likes of DPIAT I would be damn well insecure!) but really, it's like, enough already.   We get it, you are over 50.  Move along.

And speaking of moving along, she really should get off her ass and do something about her situation instead of continuing to mope about it and use her remaining kids at home as her emotional props.  No wonder the two older boys haven't been around much.  They don't need to deal with it.   It's been some time she and the family have been in Durango, if she's going to stay, then move the stuff out of Texas rather than talk about grifting furniture.   If she wants to move, then do that.   And divorce DPIAT, make it all official instead of this weird state of limbo which btw, cannot be healthy for her even if DPIAT doesn't seem to care and is prancing all over Europe, and move on with her life.

I turned 50 a couple of years after my second divorce. My sisters commemorated the day by hiring a party bus and taking a group of ten of us to see a show called “Naked Boys Singing” in Greenwich Village, followed by drinks and a pan-Asian dinner served by drag queens at a restaurant called Lucky Chang’s. THAT’s how you handle a shitty marriage in middle age, Beall.

17 hours ago, Hane said:

I turned 50 a couple of years after my second divorce. My sisters commemorated the day by hiring a party bus and taking a group of ten of us to see a show called “Naked Boys Singing” in Greenwich Village, followed by drinks and a pan-Asian dinner served by drag queens at a restaurant called Lucky Chang’s. THAT’s how you handle a shitty marriage in middle age, Beall.

This sounds like an awesome night! I'm turning 30 this year and would love to celebrate like this!

@ophelia, my baby sister found out about this party package when she was invited to a friend’s bachelorette celebration. Note: It’s Lucky Cheng’s, not “Chang’s.”

Interesting.  On Beall's Blog, she still has the picture of the little yellow Victorian house, but notes 

Spoiler

Our dollhouse rental. Not where we are now. This was two rentals ago. Adorable on the outside. Not terribly livable on the inside. Everything slanted, and I think it was built by people who were under 5 feet tall. But it sure looked cute in the snow! 

So they've moved house THREE TIMES in the last few years, first from Texas to Durango and then once or twice more, presumably in Durango?  Crazy. CRAZY! It's obvious she wants to be back in Texas where it's not so cold.  Of course, nobody's clear on why they are stuck in Colorado, because Beall blogs about this and that, but never, ever gets real. 

21 hours ago, Hane said:

You’ve got some great sisters, and some great friends — some great sister-friends!

With all my heart I wish I could find the photo that racy Stacy used at the  top of their “Patriarchs’ Paths”  blog, or whatever it was.

She and all the children and the unordained pastor – – that would be her husband – – were decked out in white, the females’  hair all fluffy and curly and bedecked with bows, on a blanket on a verdant lawn with the sun shining down! Would just love to post that opposite her current, hard-edged, edgy  portrait.  

Stacy, was that YOO preaching / endorsing / shilling / making a dandy living off these ideas that you act like you just recently became aware of?! If indeed she is acting like she’s surprised. I haven’t had the stomach to go to her page. 

Thanks, @Marian the Librarian!  I'll share some Texas culture. That's an iconic Texas bluebonnet family photo.  Bluebonnets start blooming in Texas pastures and roadsides in March and people head out to do the kids and family photos.   There is a Pinterest page devoted to fields covered by bluebonnets here and a Pinterest page devoted to family pictures in bluebonnets here.  A google of  "images of families in bluebonnets"  will bring up 100s if not 1000s of the same here. It's seriously a thing in this state. 

If it's been a rainy fall/winter, the bluebonnets can be spectacular in some areas, with a solid carpet of blue and there are other lovely wildflowers: Indian paintbrush, wine cups, pink evening primrose.  This is in the eastern half of the state.  The Macdonald's photo has only a middling scatter of flowers. 

The Macdonalds lived in southeast Texas somewhere before skedaddling to the Midwest.  Were they in Houston?  @Marian the Librarian, can you refresh us on why they left?  I've not followed the Macdonalds. 

@Howl I am likely to make a mishmash of this as I am barely into my first cup of coffee. But I’ll try to hit some highlights. 

They owned Homeschooling Today magazine when they lived in Texas. There was some kind of problem (financial difficulties?) and they sold the magazine to a new publisher and moved to the Midwest, where he became a pastor. I keep confusing him with another “pastor” by the same name who sounds like quite the slippery character. However, the MacDonalds of the James and Stacey brand have plenty of snarkworthy material of their own. I believe they were the ones who posted a lengthy questionnaire for any potential suitor who wanted to come a-courting, for example.

Stacey has parlayed her “queen bee” status into a Young Living empire. At one point it was quite glam to be invited to join her downline.

The MacDonalds were at one point invited to interview for the pastor position at a hypercalvinist, super-patriarchal Vision Forum-following church in the Pacific Northwest, but they decided to stay where they were. It is possible they were too “liberal” for this seriously whacked-out church.

Someone did an expose a few years ago:

http://mcdonaldhomeschoolingtoday.blogspot.com/?m=1

It looks like some of the original material is gone, under threat of a lawsuit.

This is the MacDonalds’ rebuttal: 

http://mcdonaldhomeschoolingtodaythetruth.blogspot.com/?m=1

(ETA: Oh, I didn’t see that @Marian the Librarian posted this link with the bluebonnet photo. Yes, same link.)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived