IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 7

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

No problem! :my_biggrin:

It takes a village to keep up with that peripatetic little creeper.

No kidding!  I always appreciate your posts and your wonderful skills of getting/finding information and breaking it down for us.  

Something stinks.....he's up to something again/still.......

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Central and South American talent

Isn't this new to the description of his talent agency?  I thought the original focus was Europe and US. 

1 minute ago, Howl said:

Isn't this new to the description of his talent agency?  I thought the original focus was Europe and US. 

It was the "Central and South America" that jumped out at me, given the folks who have been traveling that way....very curious. 

7 minutes ago, Howl said:

You win points for careful observation! The creeper is expanding his horizons. Or perhaps the European burlesque community has already grown weary of his duplicitous ways, and shown him the door.

Here's the original description, bad grammar and all, from the Tool's boutique agency website, quoted by Hoipolloi on page 12 in the thread titled (paraphrasing here) "Where in the World is DPIAT Part 5?" 

Representation - The D. Winters Agency is a boutique agency specializing in representing European talent with emphasis on vocalist, voice-overs, acting and performance arts to the American film, television and corporate community.  Special emphasis on the retro/vintage/and classic community of actors, musicians and performance artists. If your looking for talented fresh foreign talent for your project overseas or domestic project, consider booking through us. 

Well, this is cryptic! Latest post on Beall's public IG page. I wonder what she's choosing to ignore??

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 4.04.13 PM.png

That post is so damn Freudian.  "I'm in prison, and am using figure-ground reversal to see the outside, but not the bars that imprison me."  A slight shift in perspective could bring a startling insight. 

I really can't say where Beall is in her life, and I go back and forth thinking about it.  But I will say this.  She and the remaining kids and (occasionally) "Seldom Seen"* Doug are crammed into a very small old Victorian house in Durango.  Yes, it seems they are in reduced circumstances.  But there are still the means for her to be a SAHM who travels sometimes, and it's obvious that she is not preparing for any other role or situation in the future.  The girls young ladies are apparently preparing for the same. Nobody, not even the boys, is getting schooling, or a certification or training program that leads to a professional job-type job.  

Doug's burn rate in Europe, India and beyond  and the family expenses in Durango just to keep everyone fed, gas in the car, and the heat and lights on is not small.  I don't think they are living on credit cards.  

*IIRC, Seldom Seen Smith is a character in Edward Abbey's Monkey Wrench Gang who is married to three women, but is "Seldom Seen" by any of them; he just shows up briefly unannounced. 

54 minutes ago, Howl said:

Beall has a new post up at BeallsBlog.com.  She does mention Doug. 

...but not where he is, or what he's doing, or how much (little) time he's spending at home.

Reading between the lines, it looks like the Tool has left his family with not much money to maintain the housekeeping. I doubt the places he stays when he's gallivanting abroad are as dinged up as the pictures Beall posted.

We live in a rental house with all thrifted or free furniture...but all the family furniture ... all the books and treasures...are in boxes 900 miles away. ... One of my children has never seen this rental house and one has only visited it once.

I find this interesting.  It appears they moved and took nothing, leaving it all in Texas (in the house they still own/rent/lease/grifted).  And what's going on with the kids?  One has never been there (Joshua) and one has only visited once (Justice -- who *just* visited as a new years surprise.)  Nothing earth shattering in any of that info but it seems to shed a little more light on things.

I'm still so utterly confused about why they're even in Colorado in the first place.

Why Durango? Why is all of their "real" stuff still 900 miles away, when they've been in Colorado at least a couple of years now? It's a beautiful state, but Beall never gives any real details about what led them there, and the move just seems so random.

Beall's latest post strikes me as a very long-winded way of saying "Husband/father has left us, our family life has come unglued, and my kids are upset by it all." 

And I don't understand her repeated use of the phrase "water in my eyes." There's no shame in using the word "tears."

It's interesting that she's still completely dodgy about where they live, just --  it's not Virginia and it's not Texas.  

The only people in this whole scenario that I have any pity for are the minor children.  

Beall - nope.  She looked the other way while someone was being sexually assaulted in her home, so she could have free child care.  Not to mention adhering to and promoting teaching that hurt so many people - again, so she could live the high life.

I got nothin' for her.  NOTHIN'.

Florence just posted a “teaser” video filmed by Doug.  I found it to be rather boring, but it does credit CoW at the end. 

DPIAT also left this comment:6629ACB2-E72A-4624-A678-58275678887F.thumb.png.7e56b89db78292b0d838b7f2069f32e7.png

“Authentic Life” apparently meaning ditching wife and kids to gallivant around Europe using a pseudonym after a sexual assault lawsuit.
Beall was complicit as HELL in the grooming and assaults on Lourdes (and the FSM only knows who else) and I don’t in any way pity her. I’d like to see her admit that DPIAT has ditched her and the kids and is in the wind having his secular midlife crisis, and I think it’s utter bullshit that she’s now lying by omission about her marriage. This business of #growingoldwithyou is such crap. He’s GONE. She’s in a little rented house and barely sees her older two kids, per her Instagram. Beall lied her ass off about her husband’s continual assaults on a young girl in their own home, assaults which DPIAT attempted to justify by saying Beall was going to die (!!??) and he’d marry his victim. She was complicit as hell, because she wanted her cushy life and position of authority to not be interrupted.
Just desserts, I suppose. Hide your husband’s crimes and try to silence his victim to protect the “visionary” douchebag patriarch and keep up the facade of the perfect family. Get rewarded by visionary husband chucking the marriage out the window to skip off into the sunset with whoever he damn well pleases. Oh, and visionary husband ditching his “patriarch” crap, leaving Beall in charge of the kids and decision-making and finances.
Get a job, Beall. Learn a trade, go back to school, use that nasty education you’re so committed to keeping from your daughters. You’d think OF ALL PEOPLE that Beall would now recognize that being a “keeper at home” is fine until the family breadwinner/chief grifter isn’t around.

@bea I couldn't have said it any better. Two thoughts/questions. I'm not privy to Mrs. DPIARBT's private IG-- but several days ago there was a reference to pics of them on there together (I presumed recent) looking quite cozy.  Until that/those posts I agreed that he is out of the picture. Now I question if she's so desperate/warped/complicit that she takes him back for sloppy seconds when he's not JOURNEY-ing in Europe or South America.  Secondly, in her long "water in my eyes" blog entry, her reference to "change in theological philosophy" and "more demanding work"---(I'm recalling/paraphrasing not quoting)--strike me as obtuse defenses/descriptions of her sorry husband.

On 1/6/2018 at 9:37 PM, bea said:

#growingoldwithyou

With WHO?

I read that as “grow in gold with you.” Still have my conspiracy hat on, but maybe her wah-wah is a clever ruse for $upport even while Doug Phil Douglas makes the €uros across the pond!

Well in reading some of Beall's posts, it seems she's pretty darn unhappy.   Looks like the family bounced around a few rentals and I was surprised to learn that belongings are still back in TX even though Beall and kids have lived in Durango for a couple of years now.  Definitely in reduced circumstances, I get the sense she has not come to terms how her life has changed even though it's been 4 years since DPIAT's gravy train came to a screeching halt.  She knows to some extent that things are changed and yet at the same time, isn't doing anything about it, it almost seems that she's hoping it's all a bad dream and she will wake up from it.

43 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

She knows to some extent that things are changed and yet at the same time, isn't doing anything about it, it almost seems that she's hoping it's all a bad dream and she will wake up from it.

I don't really sympathize with her, but I somehow feel for her. There is no doubt that she to some degree enabled her husband to do the horrible things he did, but to be an educated, grown-up woman and still in such a despair of a man and in complete denial that your former life is over, is a really depressing thought IMHO.

45 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I don't really sympathize with her, but I somehow feel for her. There is no doubt that she to some degree enabled her husband to do the horrible things he did, but to be an educated, grown-up woman and still in such a despair of a man and in complete denial that your former life is over, is a really depressing thought IMHO.

I have mixed feelings about her.   One one hand, I don't really sympathize because she did enable DPIAT, no doubt because he's her husband but at the same time, she enjoyed the benefits of the being on the VF gravy train as much as he did.  She participated in perpetuating his harmful views and fleecing the flock.  But now, 4 years post VF implosion, she seems at loose ends while her husband galivants around.   She seems to be in a state of emotional limbo with regards to DPIAT and there's no joy in life, she's just existing.  That is depressing.  

I read Beall's last extended sentimental soliloquy and wanted to give her a metaphorical kick in the pants in the direction of a good therapist.

She's in la la land. 

She needs to figure out that her former life as consort of the Visionary Tool is over.  She needs to accept that the Tool is a veritable Tool, kick him out permanently, pick herself up, and start living her own life.  Screw him for as much alimony and child support as she can get, even if it puts a cramp in his cavorting around Europe, and get a damn job.

If she wants to keep living in Durango then get her precious belongings out of storage, take them up to CO and enjoy them.

If she wants to go back to Texas or Virginia, she needs to pull her head out of the sand, get off her butt, and find a way to make it happen. 

All she is doing at the moment is living vicariously through the Meatballers, examining her navel for leftover fluff, and obsessing about what her life used to be.  Her friends, and her adult children, should stop encouraging this behavior.

A good therapist could help her kick start her life again.  She badly needs one.

What's so weird to me is that, for someone who did the fundie, SAHM thing for so long, Beall doesn't seem at all intimidated by the big, wide world. Like, she'll just drop everything and take off in a car to Wherever, almost to the point that it seems reckless. I mean, I've never been fundie, and I'd be scared shitless to be sleeping rough in parks and stuff...???

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived