IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 7

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

And speaking of Operation Meatball, Doug posted "Snowy December in Belgium. Eva Sings for Battle of Bulge Anniversary" on his vimeo. Does anyone know if it was made this year? It was posted the week before the actual anniversary, and there's no indication any of the other girls were there, or mention of it on the Operation Meatball site/Facebook page.

On Facebook... Also rather vague. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DW Winter's Phil Winters' Monsieur Slacker's new talent venture is scheduled to launch in January, n'est-ce pas?  We need to track that.  

Another update on Beall's public IG page:

I LOVE the holidays. I'm a closet romantic despite the German/English practicality. Starting in November, I get all the warm fuzzies but also the tsunami of emotional introspection. Seems like I'm dressed up for town or in pjs buried under covers. These photos are from this week last year and I almost can't look at them because of all the associated memories. Good ones, ALL, but overwhelming. Why can't we have a control button for emotions... at least during the holidays?

Sigh...poor Beall...

4 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Sigh...poor Beall...

I just notice on the IG stuff that none of those "friends" who post back (nor does Beall) every say, "Well, it's so good you have Doug to walk through this together"

• 2 weeks later...

Doug just happened to run into Tom Brokaw in the forest of Bastogne, begged him for an interview, and got it. I'm not kidding; check out his Vimeo or blog. 

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Doug just happened to run into Tom Brokaw in the forest of Bastogne, begged him for an interview, and got it. I'm not kidding; check out his Vimeo or blog. 

I was coming here (fresh from the Maxwell/Bontrager nuptials) to report same.

Also, Beall reports on her IG page that "Except for church, I spent the long [Christmas] weekend in my pjs."

Wonder if Tim Brokaw realized he was talking to a sex offender and ex cult leader. How do you just RUN INTO Tom Brokaw?

I have to assume that the “friends” of Beall know that DPIAT is in the wind. It’s so bewildering - all this time as an actively complicit “wife to a visionary,” up to the point of covering up sexual misconduct and verbally threatening the victim of his abuse, all to protect her “headship” and lifestyle and family structure. And now she appears to be at least estranged from the sexual predator - whoops, sorry, “visionary,” parenting alone and living on what seems like a shoestring budget. Meanwhile, the “visionary” is taking video of nubile girls in leopard costumes and hanging out with a Eurotrash burlesque troop with no visible means of support.

I think Beall's commitment right now is to her children and trying to keep herself afloat mentally, emotionally and physically. However much $$$ he has, she needs to get as much of it as possible, because she still has kids to raise and she is a long damn way away from social security.  I'm still amazed she has not tried to seek out some type of employment, but I guess she thinks she has to be at home to home school and live out the Stay at Home Mom fantasy.  I'm pretty sure at least one or more of the older daughters are working, probably retail. 

However, if finances are dire, you make the hard choice, put the younger kids in public school, and get your ass to work.  If she can find a job working for state or local government, school, college, where she has health insurance and benefits (a job-type job), she will be in much better shape in 15 years than if she just hangs out.  And yes, it will SUCK going to work.  

It would also be awesome if she fell in love with a decent guy who's a good provider (not a damn visionary) and remarried. 

All of this reminds me that I have never seen DPIAT and Count Olaf in the same place at the same time. 

10 minutes ago, erunerune said:

All of this reminds me that I have never seen DPIAT and Count Olaf in the same place at the same time. 

@erunerune has won the Internet. That is all.

But as I looked through the trees, about a hundred yards away I saw a solitary and familiar man walking through the forest. I could not believe it - NBC anchor Tom Brokaw, the man who influenced millions, and gave us the term "The Greatest Generation." No time to think. Had to take action.

He recognized Tom Brokaw, bundled in a winter coat, scarf, & hat, at 100 yards.  I call Bullsh*t.  Not sure what happened but I'd bet it was more likely that Mr. Brokaw saw cameras and couldn't pass up the opportunity to be in somebody's movie.

Either way, if the best of the 4 minutes was that clip, the rest isn't worth seeing.

4 hours ago, Howl said:

However, if finances are dire, you make the hard choice, put the younger kids in public school, and get your ass to work.

Or at least move to a location that's not the playground of the rich.  It cant be cheap to live in Durango -- even in the low rent district.  And they still have that house in Texas, and drive thousands of miles to do, what looks to be, charity work.  If money is tight, Beall is sure not acting like it.

Anyone else follow Beall's private Instagram? Her and Doug look very much together in some new photos.

Eta: people in her comments seem surprised.  

11 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Am I not right that there was a day and time when Tom Brokaw would have been "all wrong. "

"Evil Liberal Media!" Yeah, what happened there, Phil? 

9 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Anyone else follow Beall's private Instagram? Her and Doug look very much together in some new photos.

Who wants to bet Tool is trying to slither his way back into the family now that it's convenient to him? He will stay for a bit and kiss a little ass, then he will be off like a dirty shirt galavanting around with half naked girls. 

9 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Why would one have a private instagram? How different is it from the public one and why would she "hide" photos of herself with her husband behind a privacy screen? I really, really seriously hope he is not jerking her around by just showing up now and again (ETA) and she has to put up with it because she's financially dependent. 

11 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I can't see her private IG, (I've been blocked), and I realize we can't copy things from people's private accounts here. Still, I find this very interesting. I wonder if Dougie just hung around for the holidays, for the sake of the still-at-home kids?

Maybe Doug is home for the holidays to play “happy family” before he goes back to being Phil Douglas, roving filmmaker.

People seem surprised? What, that Doug is in the pictures? Does he look as massively uncomfortable as he did in the wedding photos?

12 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Or at least move to a location that's not the playground of the rich.  It cant be cheap to live in Durango -- even in the low rent district.  And they still have that house in Texas, and drive thousands of miles to do, what looks to be, charity work.  If money is tight, Beall is sure not acting like it.

High housing and rents are the main problem and heating a drafty old house, but general costs are in line with other small cities on the West Slope.  It's a college and tourist town overlaying a conservative older community and nothing like the glam little enclaves of Aspen, Vail or Telluride. 

I don't get the place in Texas, either, or even where it is.  Even with the VAT taking the place of a state income tax, Texas is generally cheaper, especially groceries. 

*dramatic music plays* Could Doug, as a resident of Colorado, be somehow protected from potential legal woes in Texas?   Or perhaps there is some tax or incorporation advantage for his new company. 

1 hour ago, bea said:

People seem surprised? What, that Doug is in the pictures? Does he look as massively uncomfortable as he did in the wedding photos?

Lots of "wow what a blessing to see you two together again" type comments. He and Beall don't look uncomfortable, they are squeezed up together for a selfie. She looks palpably relieved to see him and is posting a ton of different heart emojis.

1 hour ago, ladyamylynn said:

Lots of "wow what a blessing to see you two together again" type comments. He and Beall don't look uncomfortable, they are squeezed up together for a selfie. She looks palpably relieved to see him and is posting a ton of different heart emojis.

Uh oh.  I hope this isn't the start of an "open" marriage, where Doug does whatever he wants, as long as he comes home for awhile.  

There's a specific reason this is on a private account, and not out for public consumption. 

While trying to find the Vimeo clip (still looking for it) I saw this:

https://www.cinemaofwonder.com/contact/

About DW

DW is a cinematographer,. writer and director currently known for Bobby Bowden Goes to War, an eleven part television series to be released in 2018 on World War II and starring award winning Coach Bobby Bowden. Doug has filmed in more than 20 countries, and has directed and appeared in productions from the Amazon Rain forest to Iceland. He is a co-owner of Momentum Media, and the creator of Cinema of Wonder. He is the founder of the DW Winters Agency opening in January of 2018, a boutique agency specializing in representing European, Central and South American talent with emphasis on vocalist, voice-overs, acting and performance arts to the American film, television and corporate community.  Special emphasis on the retro/vintage/and classic community of actors, musicians and performance artists.  Additionally, we represent artists, cinematographers, photographers and related talent foreign to the American market, with an emphasis on commercial work. 

Agency - producer@dwintersagency.com

Film Production - dwcinematographer@gmail.com

Television - producer@bobbybowdengoestowar.com

TV Website - www.bobbybowdengoestowar.com

1 minute ago, Flyinthesoup said:

Thank you.   I also see you posted that information I did, above, in June, sorry I missed that.  I must have skimmed reading over that, as I know I have been following this thread.  

No problem! :my_biggrin:

It takes a village to keep up with that peripatetic little creeper.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived