IGNORED

Lori Alexander 33: Counting Everyone's Calories

54 minutes ago, fluffy said:

Original poor reader: he didn’t know I hadn’t eaten but he likes me to eat between 500-700 calories a day. I used to do that and I felt much better than I do now. My back pain was gone, my high blood pressure was gone, I weighed less and felt so much better. I had to get into that mindset though. He always has monitored my food intake and will tell me to stop. Sometimes he makes me hand him my plate and will throw it away.

Damn, after all this time reading Lori, I thought I couldn't be shocked. But I am truly shocked by what this woman's husband does to her. Food deprivation to that extent is banned by the U.S. Army:

But in the Army, legal guidelines provided by the service’s Intelligence Center at Fort Huachuca, Ariz., say soldiers are not to use physical torture, such as beating, food deprivation or electric shock.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4944051/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/t/gray-areas-seen-torture-definitions/#.WhiH5EqnFPY

That's right. The U.S. Army, which uses waterboarding, sleep deprivation, and all manner of other torture for detainees forbids this level of food deprivation. And this is what this woman's husband, who is supposed to love her like Christ loved the Church, is doing to her. What the actual fuck. This is going to damage her heart and kidneys, if it hasn't already. My god, I sincerely hope there aren't children involved in this.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Lori's recent post (yesterday?) about forgiveness and her doodle about smiling and being nice are actually aimed at her family members. I think she knows she offends them - it's a given that she will say or do something hurtful. I think she plans ahead with her little sermons and basically says "I know you don't like what I say when we're together; but you need to practice forgiveness."  

This way she can treat people like crap AND admonish them to just sit back and take it. 

The food thing?  I can barely type anything because that situation makes me so mad. What is this man going to do when his wife has a wreck because she is sick from hunger? What is he going to do when she passes out in public and she explains to the ER doctors WHY she has not eaten all day?? And why isn't Lori trying to find a way to contact this woman and help her? She doesn't mind stalking women who leave nasty comments but she can't be bothered to reach out and check on someone's well being. 

Who wants to bet that Lori will now start trying to live on 500 calories a day? She can't have some other woman showing more restraint than she has. 

20 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Who wants to bet that Lori will now start trying to live on 500 calories a day? She can't have some other woman showing more restraint than she has. 

I get the impression she already does this to some extent. :pb_confused:

There are just no words for what one human will do to another.

Do you guys ever read things like that, and just feel so grateful to be married to such a wonderful man?  That's where I am right now.  My husband is a sweetheart, and I am so lucky to have had him in my life for the last 20 years.  

He took an entire week off to help plan our Thankgiving/ shop w/ me for all the ingredients/ and then prepared 90% of them himself.  He is AMAZING!  

Just today he cut a slice of pie for me, just because pie in the middle of the day is fun.  This afternoon he scrubbed the part of the bathroom that I can't reach (I'm only 5 ft. :pb_confused:).  

Dear god...that poor woman.  Heartbroken...seriously, I am just so sad for her.

29 minutes ago, Koala said:

There are just no words for what one human will do to another.

Do you guys ever read things like that, and just feel so grateful to be married to such a wonderful man?  That's where I am right now.  My husband is a sweetheart, and I am so lucky to have had him in my life for the last 20 years.  

He took an entire week off to help plan our Thankgiving/ shop w/ me for all the ingredients/ and then prepared 90% of them himself.  He is AMAZING!  

Just today he cut a slice of pie for me, just because pie in the middle of the day is fun.  This afternoon he scrubbed the part of the bathroom that I can't reach (I'm only 5 ft. :pb_confused:).  

Dear god...that poor woman.  Heartbroken...seriously, I am just so sad for her.

Yes, though not married yet, have a fiance and can't imagine he'd ever be that way. Blows my mind there are people who treat others like that and not just others, but those they claim to love 

2 hours ago, fluffy said:

I can't believe Lori leads with the calorie count for Thanksgiving! Her eating and control issues are incredibly, clinically disordered. She has some readers who do not need to hear her message of restrict at all costs. This is the exchange between two women, one of whom I worry terribly about. Notice not one peep of concern from ole Lorbags: 

Poor reader: I am working HARD at this. My husband is here, and he always is on me to not eat. It was 3:00 in the afternoon and he saw me eating a couple bites and told me to stop. I did but I hadn’t eaten at all yet. I had one small plate, no dessert. A year ago I restricted hard and felt great and my husband loved it. I fell off the wagon and it’s been hard restricting again. Thank you for the reminder that I must learn to control what goes in my mouth.

second reader: If you hadn't eaten yet why would your hubby tell you to stop?

Also, I eat between 1500 and 1800 calories a day and have lost 16 pounds and maintain. It's all about what you eat and sometimes...not how much :)

Original poor reader: he didn’t know I hadn’t eaten but he likes me to eat between 500-700 calories a day. I used to do that and I felt much better than I do now. My back pain was gone, my high blood pressure was gone, I weighed less and felt so much better. I had to get into that mindset though. He always has monitored my food intake and will tell me to stop. Sometimes he makes me hand him my plate and will throw it away.

second reader: As a female, your heart needs way more than 500 to 700 calories to function properly. Hearing things like this just worries me. Sorry to give unsolicited advice. Not trying to be a jerk :)

2 hours ago, fluffy said:

second reader: As a female, your heart needs way more than 500 to 700 calories to function properly. Hearing things like this just worries me. Sorry to give unsolicited advice. Not trying to be a jerk :)

Oh my word!  500-700 calories s day!  That man wants his wife to starve.  Doctors recommend 1800-2000 calories s day. Even if you are obese and need to lose weight, you still need 1200 calories

What an a$$

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

I get the impression she already does this to some extent. :pb_confused:

Yeah, I thought of that. She very likely does eat that little. She insists she does not count calories but I think she will start doing so now.  I think she is incapable of seeing the danger this woman is in but instead sees her as an opponent of some kind.  Of course, Lori thinks of all women as her enemy/competitor, I think.  

@KoalaI am so very thankful for my hubs and posts like that remind me of the need to be grateful for what I have. We are a definite team. 

Lori claims that she doesn’t encourage abuse. Unless she has reached out to that poor woman, she most definitely is encouraging it. The poor woman thinks she should just pray and submit when what she really needs to do is get out. If he is that controlling over food intake I can promise he controls everything else. Where is Lori’s compassion and empathy? How can she live with herself? It’s inexcusable. She absolutely is like the aunts in handmaid’s tale. 

3 hours ago, fluffy said:

I can't believe Lori leads with the calorie count for Thanksgiving! Her eating and control issues are incredibly, clinically disordered. She has some readers who do not need to hear her message of restrict at all costs. This is the exchange between two women, one of whom I worry terribly about. Notice not one peep of concern from ole Lorbags: 

Poor reader: I am working HARD at this. My husband is here, and he always is on me to not eat. It was 3:00 in the afternoon and he saw me eating a couple bites and told me to stop. I did but I hadn’t eaten at all yet. I had one small plate, no dessert. A year ago I restricted hard and felt great and my husband loved it. I fell off the wagon and it’s been hard restricting again. Thank you for the reminder that I must learn to control what goes in my mouth.

second reader: If you hadn't eaten yet why would your hubby tell you to stop?

Also, I eat between 1500 and 1800 calories a day and have lost 16 pounds and maintain. It's all about what you eat and sometimes...not how much :)

There was a point when I was having trouble eating because of a new medication. My doctor was very concerned that I was only consuming about 1500 calories a day. At his request I had been keeping a food diary to track my diet. I was very careful to eat nutrient dense food since my intake was so limited. He immediately took me off of the medication because he didn't like that I was losing weight. I'm a small woman and I could stand to lose at least 10 pounds but it didn't matter to him. Losing weight by depriving your body of nutrition is dangerous and counterproductive to well being. Our health is so much more than a number on a scale. 

That poor woman! Only 500-700 a day? Her husband is insane! I want to know what else he's controlling and what he might be doing to the children if they have any. Was this in the chat room or the comment section? 

26 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

That poor woman! Only 500-700 a day? Her husband is insane! I want to know what else he's controlling and what he might be doing to the children if they have any. Was this in the chat room or the comment section? 

I think it was the chat room. I know it's supposed to be private, but I really wish some of us could get her name and reach out to her.  This is anorexic level dangerous.

4 hours ago, fluffy said:

Original poor reader: he didn’t know I hadn’t eaten but he likes me to eat between 500-700 calories a day... He always has monitored my food intake and will tell me to stop. Sometimes he makes me hand him my plate and will throw it away.

Unbe-forking-lievable. First time a man tries to *make* a woman hand over her plate he deserves to draw back a bloody stump.  But Aunt Lori is all in favor of women being treated worse than children.  :pb_rollseyes:

39 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Unbe-forking-lievable. First time a man tries to *make* a woman hand over her plate he deserves to draw back a bloody stump.  But Aunt Lori is all in favor of women being treated worse than children.  :pb_rollseyes:

Agreed. The more I think of this the more upset I get for her. The mind control he must have over her- clearly she doesn’t dare “disobey” and eat while he’s at work or away (I suppose he could have things locked or even a camera- beyond creepy). I’ve worked with kids who were deprived of food and it takes a long time to overcome. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived