IGNORED

Joy and Austin 16: Touring the Texas Rodeo

Coconut Flan

50 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

I'm fat and not ashamed to admit I wear maternity jeans cuz they're stretchy and super comfy!! I'm also short and short waisted. If I had ever been pregnant it would have shown immediately.

My sister is tall and thin and even at 9 months pregnant she looked better and weighed less than me. Life is not fair.

I'm still using my maternity winter jacket. It's nice and warm and I also weigh more now (not pregnant!) then my sister did before she gave birth. She got the skinny genes, I did not. :)

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wear maternity shorts in the summer and my youngest is 9!  Can't beat a stretchy waist and breathable fabric, just SO comfy!!

Yes, about Austin he might not want to constantly make his life so very public. He does have a business and a family business.....so he is not looking to depend on TLC monies. 

I still admire his work ethic. And he is SOOOO not grifting.....

9 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I still admire his work ethic. And he is SOOOO not grifting.....

Not grifting yet. Not that we know of. I still live in fear of the day that Austin announces to the world he's felt the Lord leading him to pursue a career in ministry. IT'S A TRAP, AUSTIN.

26 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Not grifting yet. Not that we know of. I still live in fear of the day that Austin announces to the world he's felt the Lord leading him to pursue a career in ministry. IT'S A TRAP, AUSTIN.

You mean...if TheLord lays it on Austin’s heart......geez Louise I hope not. I do admire his work ethic, from what I’ve seen of it on TeeVee.

29 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I’m worried that Austin and Joy have been showing interest in state politics. I’d rather have Austin be a preacher than a state rep.

26 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I’m worried that Austin and Joy have been showing interest in state politics. I’d rather have Austin be a preacher than a state rep.

Unfortunately going into ministry doesn't preclude them from going into politics as well.

The Duggars have definitely shown an interest in politics. Well, more than an interest, obviously, given Jim Bob's past career. But I'm totally sure they were planning to dive back into it headlong a couple years ago, before Josh fucked everything up for them. Josh was very obviously being groomed to run for political office, which is ABSURD and just hilariously disgusting and mind-boggling now that we know exactly what was lurking in his past - and anyway, that all went to shit, and it also put a halt to all the other Duggarlings' possible political ambitions - for a while, at least.

I'm not sure who will end up taking up the torch. Jeremy would be an obvious candidate, but he's not really part of the Duggar brand like Derick and Ben are, and I'm actually not sure he wants to get into politics, I think he might be more interested in being a famous preacher. Josiah is Josh Jr. in terms of his personality, so maybe Josiah. It will definitely be someone, and probably more than one, because running for political office is a huge part of their plan to turn the U.S. into a fundamentalist theocracy.

The irony is that Jessa would probably kill it as a politician and would be their best bet if they wanted success, but she can't run because she's a woman. It sucks that Jessa's religion limits her so much, but I'm not going to pretend I'm not happy that it limits her from holding elected office (just like I think it sucks that all the kids get such a piss poor education, but the blessing in disguise is that it makes it much harder for them to achieve positions of any real power or influence in the world).

Wow, this turned into a novel... sorry about that. :pb_lol:

I agree with everything @VelociRapture said. Joy and I are about 1 week apart in our pregnancies and I don't think she looks huge. I think her short waist and bigger chest all draw attention to her middle and cause her to carry more outward. 

14 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

please note where my hand is. It was there A LOT during my pregnancy - it’s a comfort or protective thing for many pregnant women, not just the Duggars.

It's interesting because I've been pregnant many times (more than I'd like to think about) and to me it's kind of odd to have the hand there unless you are taking a photo and you want to show the shape of the bump. The natural resting place for me was always on top, not on the underside of it. But I guess we all do it differently.

9 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

It's interesting because I've been pregnant many times (more than I'd like to think about) and to me it's kind of odd to have the hand there unless you are taking a photo and you want to show the shape of the bump. The natural resting place for me was always on top, not on the underside of it. But I guess we all do it differently.

My little boy likes to hang out down in my pelvic area. Since I feel all of his kicks down low that's where my hand naturally goes when I want to feel him. 

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

Same. I'd rather suffer through endless YouTube videos of him in his living room/strip mall church droning about the gays than suffer through him droning about the gays on C-SPAN.

49 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

The irony is that Jessa would probably kill it as a politician and would be their best bet if they wanted success, but she can't run because she's a woman.

I could see them loosening up to have her run in a few years. They seemed to like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann well enough. I'd prefer it if she didn't for the same reason I hope to god Austin doesn't decide to run, but I'd also feel an odd sense of pride if she did something that was that much of a departure from the roles she was groomed for.

12 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I could see them loosening up to have her run in a few years. They seemed to like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann well enough. I'd prefer it if she didn't for the same reason I hope to god Austin doesn't decide to run, but I'd also feel an odd sense of pride if she did something that was that much of a departure from the roles she was groomed for.

I'm kind of torn on the possibility of her (or any of the other women) running. Yes, they liked Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann, but they also like to be treated by female doctors and dentists, and yet they strongly discourage their daughters from pursuing those careers. Politics might seem more worth it to them, but it would be nearly impossible to make a career in politics work for a woman while still embracing their fundie/quiverfull ideology and lifestyle.

15 hours ago, Oh_Dear! said:

Is it possible that Joy is preggo with twins?  Regardless of the fit of the shirt, she still looks like she's further into her pregnancy than what single-child pregnancy would normally be (in this never-been-pregnant woman's expert opinion...ha!).  We all know that premarital sex is improbable, but twins are very probable...

Jessa would be having a bird if she were not the ONE to produce twins.   

As she would say, "You never know........"

15 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Is it me or her boobs kinda... dropped or something? Maybe it’s the shirt but they look kinda weird.

i’m really ignorant on pregnancy so idk if it’s something that’s usually or not.. does anyone know?? Am I just seeing things?

It could be she is wearing a cheap non supportive bra

10 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

It could be she is wearing a cheap non supportive bra

As a busty girl who did not know how to bra for a very, very long time (I was about Joy's age when I finally got the hang of it, but I'm still kinda lazy and buy cheap bras), I really wish Joy would go for a proper bra fitting. She isn't built like her sisters, and I think that as a consequence of being basically a number/cleaning machine for most of her life, no one really bothered to buy her/take her shopping for clothes and underwear that fit HER, not her sisters. Jana is on the shorter side, but much thinner than Joy. Jill is tall-ish and more lanky. Jessa is average height and relatively thin/athletic. Jinger is just tiny all around. Joy is much curvier than any of them. She's not fat by any stretch of the imagination, but she's just built differently and has never learned to dress her build.

14 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

And I'm short/shortwaisted. I'm imagining myself as a bowling ball with a head, arms, and legs attached when I'm pregnant...

I'm tall and super long waisted, and had a pregnant friend once very seriously tell me while I was wavering on potentially having children, that I have to have kids since I'll stay small while pregnant and it'll be fun to see how long it'll take people to figure it out.

Of all the reasons I've heard for having children, that was definitely the most original!

(But I'm sure now that she's said that, she's jinxed me and I'll be in the animated bowling ball club if I ever do get pregnant)

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Oh, same.

I'm extra critical of fundies with political aspirations - the ones who are directly attempting to legislate fundamentalist morality rather than just voting or talking about it.  Jim Bob, Paul Caldwell, Dan Webster, Zach Bates For Mayor... (the list goes on)...they get bonus shade from me.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Joy is much curvier than any of them. She's not fat by any stretch of the imagination, but she's just built differently and has never learned to dress her build.

Very well said! It seems to me, comparing pics of two differently built pregnant women next to each other at about the same time in the pregnancy, that Joy's large bust greatly contributes to the perception that she might be farther along than she really is. Pair that with the fact that the shirt doesn't really fit her since it appears not to be a proper maternity shirt. A large bust, a rather ill-fitting bra, and a shirt that's not cut for a pregnant belly can easily distort reality. It is one of my pet peeves that large busted women are so easily called 'fat' or 'overweight', or in some other regard called out on not conforming to society's standards, and much worse if it's a pregnant woman. The body shaming needs to end.  Joy looks healthy and happy and she is who she is and doesn't have to change anything for anyone. 

I seek out maternity tshirts!  The style these days is so form fitting and I don't like it.  Maternity shirts for the win!

I keep LOLing at all the people who have such a fierce opinion on how far along Joy really is. Seriously y'all....clothing can make or break you during pregnancy.

I'm currently 17w with my first, and appear more pregnant than my friend who is 19w with her second kid. Why? Because even though we're both short (5'2") I weighed more pre-pregnancy (and carry my extra weight in my waist to begin with) AND we wear different clothing. I found the under belly / side panel jeans to be super uncomfortable, so I went straight to full panel maternity pants - which really defines the bump. My friend is wearing side panels and looks smaller....and openly admits that they make her look fat not pregnant but her full panel jeans are too big from her last pregnancy and she hasn't gotten around to buying new ones yet.   I also went ahead and embraced the fitted maternity shirts because everything else made me just look fat/frumpy, while my friend still wears regular shirts.

I have fully embraced maternity clothing because I actually LOOK pregnant...not fat and frumpy. I have a friend who dressed exactly like Joy in her first pregnancy. Maxi skirts, regular shirts and cardigans, etc because she wanted to get by without buying new stuff. It made her look terrible.

The only comment I'll make on Joy is I'm glad to see she's rocking her glasses. I hope the little (I can't remember which) who went with her and got some to, then lost them, is also enjoying seeing things. Both sets of my glasses have been sent to the Upside Down by the kitty, so I'm a little blind at the moment!

I think her belly looks very similar to Jill's in the Dillard's infamous Christmas pregnancy photo, which was taken at about the same point in Jill's pregnancy with Izzy as Joy is at now (unless my math is off).  Duggar women seem to just carry big like this.  

I agree with the previous poster: Target maternity jeans are comfy! Plus, unlike some other brands (coughMotherhoodMaternitycough), they actually have usable pockets! Also, relatively cheap and if you luck out it's possible to get even cheaper ones at thrift stores/on eBay.

As far as Joy's belly, it's hard to gauge. My friend and I are both curvy, though she has a couple of inches on me height-wise. We each had a boy, six months apart. She looked bigger at six months than I did at full-term. Joy may be carrying twins, she may have a big baby, she may just carry big, she may be shoving her back out like whoa, she may be enjoying eating without having to fight for it or watch her weight to stay God-and-Gothard-honoring slim.

I remember an embarrassing moment during the very late stage of my pregnancy. I wore my husbands shirt out of the house. All my maternity shirts were dirty and I was uncomfortable and achy. We weren’t doing anything important so I didn’t think it would matter that I went out of the house in a shirt three sizes too big and my hair barely brushed. Of course that’s the one time I ran into a gentleman with whom I had done a job interview for in the past and who could be a potentially important professional link. Of course he recognized me. Ugh hat a way to make a professional impression. My child is two and it still makes me cringe when I think about it. 

The Baby Forsyth box on the Wiki page being pink means nothing. For a time before he was born M5 was “Matthew Zachary”, this was then removed, and of course he’s Mason Garrett.

Just checked. Baby Forsyth box is back to white.

4D1A193D-B264-430D-9C9A-88E4CD72C923.png

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived