IGNORED

Dillards 44: Still Pretending to Missionary to College Students

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

There are several examples of trans women committing violence or sexual crimes against other women in public bathrooms

Do you have any evidence of this?  Because I've only ever seen things like this, than trans women are more likely to be victims of crime, and that while there are urban myths about the crimes, there haven't been reports.

https://www.npr.org/2016/05/15/477954537/when-a-transgender-person-uses-a-public-bathroom-who-is-at-risk

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/07/health/transgender-bathroom-law-facts-myths/index.html

(Of course, the argument is ridiculous.  If people have to use the bathrooms corresponding to the sex they were assigned at birth, there would be transmen in women's bathrooms - and of course, transwomen in men's bathrooms.   But for some reason, a lot of the conversation about transgender issues completely ignores transmen, and I don't know why)

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Lurky said:

Do you have any evidence of this?  Because I've only ever seen things like this, than trans women are more likely to be victims of crime, and that while there are urban myths about the crimes, there haven't been reports.

Yes, there's proof. I don't think it would be all that helpful to link to lists of trans women who have committed crimes, but here is one trans blog discussing the issue, specifically about someone who preyed on women in bathrooms.

As for trans men, I honestly haven't seen any reports of similar crimes from them, though that doesn't mean it hasn't happened, especially because it's not like I look for those crimes.

I agree that both sides tend to leave trans men out of the bathroom discussions. The thing is, a lot of trans men don't feel safe in men's bathrooms either, particularly early in their transitions, which is why I'm very much in favor of gender-neutral single-stall bathrooms.

11 hours ago, bananabread said:

I don't understand what's so confusing for Derick's (bewildering) fandom. Derick was an employee of TLC. TLC can condition his employment on not bashing the network or its other stars. That would be like Taco Bell having an employee who tells all the customers how the cheesy gordita crunch is a repulsive abomination that should be purged from the menu. Obviously, Taco bell could terminate the employee. It's not rocket science.

Exactly. I saw one comment that was like, "the Duggars would NEVER have signed a contract saying they wouldn't defend the Word of God!" 

Probably not, Anonymous Leghumper #87. But have you ever been employed before? Typically companies don't like it when you cruelly criticize another employee or one of the company's products on a very public social media account. The Taco Bell example is a great one. And people with much lower profiles than Derick Dillard have gotten fired for cause before because of a Facebook post they made ranting about a coworker.

@Rachel333 With respect, that's 1 story, in Canada, and they didn't commit their offenses in a public bathroom - they committed them in shelters where they were living, with no mention of bathrooms at all.  This is what you specifically said:

There are several examples of trans women committing violence or sexual crimes against other women in public bathrooms

No one is saying trans people don't commit crime - what plenty of people (reputable news and social organisations) are saying is that the idea that they are specifically committing crimes in USA public bathrooms, and cis women won't be safe in public bathrooms unless trans women are legislated against.

I think it's really important that when we all say there are examples of [X marginalised group] committing very specific crimes, including in specific places, that it's backed up with evidence, because there is a ton of deliberate misinformation, and/or inflammatory lies put out to try to reduce minority group's basic rights.  It's like the whole "Ban the burka because male criminals are using them to pretend to be women"/waves of Mexican immigrants committing abhorrent sex crimes, so there should be a border wall etc etc.

If any of these bigoted assholes were to see a trans man in the ladies' room - which they supposedly want him to use - they would absolutely FREAK.

But, as others have said before, this isn't about the use of bathrooms at all. It's about trans people's right to exist in public spaces.

23 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I *think* it means that ministering to others is only about "saving their souls" by telling them to believe in Jesus and not about helping with humanitarian aid. That being "saved" so you don't go to hell is what really matters and not doing good works here on Earth. I could be completely wrong but it's my guess. 

What kind of asshole ministry is that??? What kind of ministry actively tries NOT to make the world a better place? What in the hell???

That's a nice stark contrast to any set of morals, but I'm also particularly thinking of Judaism (Jesus' religion) where the focus is life on earth and making the world a better place. Jesus would hate you, Derick (or maybe not hate, but pity him for being such an asshat?)

I'm not worried I might run into a trans or gender non conforming individual in the bathroom, I'm worried I might run into an individual like Josh Duggar.  

Just have to point out Dillard was NOT an employee of TLC. 

He still doesn't have a right to be on the show, but its an important difference.

16 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I'm not worried I might run into a trans or gender non conforming individual in the bathroom, I'm worried I might run into an individual like Josh Duggar.  

I'm more concerned with finding an empty stall.

1 hour ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Those ridiculous bathroom bills. Can't we all just take a piss and get along? 

Apparently not.

22 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

Ellie and lili will not publish my comments about the what the first amendment really protects people from. I did not say anything offensive. I just replied to a poster who said Dericks constructional rights were being violated.

Me too.  They just don't want to be educated. 

3 hours ago, Lurky said:

@Rachel333 With respect, that's 1 story, in Canada, and they didn't commit their offenses in a public bathroom - they committed them in shelters where they were living, with no mention of bathrooms at all.  This is what you specifically said:

No one is saying trans people don't commit crime - what plenty of people (reputable news and social organisations) are saying is that the idea that they are specifically committing crimes in USA public bathrooms, and cis women won't be safe in public bathrooms unless trans women are legislated against.

I think it's really important that when we all say there are examples of [X marginalised group] committing very specific crimes, including in specific places, that it's backed up with evidence, because there is a ton of deliberate misinformation, and/or inflammatory lies put out to try to reduce minority group's basic rights.  It's like the whole "Ban the burka because male criminals are using them to pretend to be women"/waves of Mexican immigrants committing abhorrent sex crimes, so there should be a border wall etc etc.

Okay, here's an example of a trans woman committing voyeurism in a Target fitting room since (edit: that was a bad choice of words--I mean "in the time following Target's announcement," not "because of Target's announcement") Target said that their bathrooms and fitting rooms are open to anyone who identifies as a woman. There are a few more examples, but all it takes is one to show that the "it never happens" line is wrong. There are sites that list these kinds of crimes and I'm avoiding linking to those so I thought in the previous post I would link to a pro-trans source talking about why the "it never happens" line isn't actually that helpful.

I'm not saying this is common at all because it's not, I'm just saying that it's common sense that someone is going to do something awful and that it's really common for transphobic people to use these crimes against those who say that it never happens.

I actually haven't noticed people in trans spaces saying that as much lately, presumably because they've realized it's not that helpful, but I did see it a couple times in this thread.

I AGREE that trans women don't need to be legislated against to keep cis women safe! I'm sure there are plenty of examples of cis women attacking each other in bathrooms too. It's just the "it never happens" line that I don't think is helpful. It's like a lot of crimes. Rape, for instance--almost all rapists are male and if you want to talk about it you don't want to make absolute statements that "no women ever rape" because that's not true.

Edit: Here's a good article mentioning a few cases of trans women committing crimes (at least one of those, Patrick Hagan, did indeed identify as trans) while explaining why trans women still aren't a danger, since the crimes they mention didn't have anything to do with bathroom laws.

15 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

The comments of some of the leg humpers on Lily and Ellie's blog are ridiculous...just as bad as Derick smh...

When you use your first amendment rights to spout hatred, in my honest opinion you have violated someone else's right to the first amendment and there are consequences for that.

Congratulations Derick. You're officially only one tiny step above Josh.

Or the comments that God only makes you either male or female. What about the children who are born intersex? 

20 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

Or the comments that God only makes you either male or female. What about the children who are born intersex? 

There's a lot of fascinating variation with some intersex conditions. There's a really interesting TED talk about it:

Jill posted on Instagram asking people to donate to Derick's gofundme. Just waiting for the comments to roll in. :pb_rollseyes:

Can she really not realize how desperate, lazy, and greedy that makes them seem to the outside world...? Even a lot of the fans seem to be turned off by the constant grifting.

3 minutes ago, bananabread said:

Jill posted on Instagram asking people to donate to Derick's gofundme. Just waiting for the comments to roll in. :pb_rollseyes:

Can she really not realize how desperate, lazy, and greedy that makes them seem to the outside world...? Even a lot of the fans seem to be turned off by the constant grifting.

So, is she desperate to get him the hell out of the house so he doesn't jump her bones to create new blessings - or is she just tired of his crap? 

1 minute ago, MoonFace said:

So, is she desperate to get him the hell out of the house so he doesn't jump her bones to create new blessings - or is she just tired of his crap? 

That was my first thought, too. :evil-laugh:    I'll see myself to the prayer closet now.

Just now, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

That was my first thought, too. :evil-laugh:    I'll see myself to the prayer closet now.

I'll make room for you right next to me so we can make more snarky comments together. :cracking-up:

13 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

There are several examples of trans women committing violence or sexual crimes against other women in public bathrooms.

Are there.  Citations please, and from reliable sources.  

The last time I looked there were precisely zero (0) examples of trans women committing violent or sexual attacks against other women in public bathrooms. 

However, there are plenty of examples of trans women being violently attacked for using women's restrooms.  

42 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Okay, here's an example of a trans woman committing voyeurism in a Target fitting room since

Voyerism is not a violent or sexual attack.  If that is what happened.

ETA. And what  @Lurky  said.

21 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Are there.  Citations please, and from reliable sources.  

The last time I looked there were precisely zero (0) examples of trans women committing violent or sexual attacks against other women in public bathrooms. 

However, there are plenty of examples of trans women being violently attacked for using women's restrooms.  

Voyerism is not a violent or sexual attack.  If this is what happened.

It's a sexual crime, which is what I mentioned in the first post, and I don't think you want to downplay the seriousness of video voyeurism either. Here's one of a trans woman punching a woman in a bathroom. (It's from 1999 and calls Hagan a "cross-dressing man" but Hagan clearly does identify as trans, considering that she was waiting for surgery.)

Look, I'm sorry I got into this. I'm not trying to say that this is common or that trans women are people to fear, all I'm trying to say is that absolute statements should be avoided.

Again, quoting from this blog, which I agree with:

These lists are not a systematic investigation of these issues, and they do not constitute a sound argument for banning trans people from women’s bathrooms. The argument rests on exactly the same profiling fallacy currently being promoted by Donald Trump, Jr. But the incidents are well-documented, and if we ignore them or dismiss them out of hand, we look like liars.

I don't think those lists are helpful and I'm not going to link to them (I actually haven't even seen them, I just know that they exist), all I'm saying is that it's not actually helpful to the trans cause to say categorically that those incidents never happen. What is true is that they are extremely rare and don't really seem to have much to do with bathroom laws and thus are not a good argument against letting trans women use women's bathrooms.

Soooooo......wow Jill. You are exactly what we all thought you were, an utter fool. Now grifting on behalf of your husband *sigh*.

Also did anyone see this in the donations on derick's GFM?
If this was already addressed, then I apologize, the page count has been going up quickly over the past few days and I may have missed it.

But WTF?! where/who is this massive donation from? An "offline donation" from "Anonymous"? give me a fucking break.
No wonder, Jill either was ordered to promote his bullshit on her IG page, or just felt sorry for him and posted it....either way, she's an idiot. And since they have this amazing holy covenant marriage, well it looks like you and your poor innocent boys are going down with the ship!!!!!

snipDD.PNG

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm more concerned with finding an empty stall.

With TP and a clean seat.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived