IGNORED

Dillards 44: Still Pretending to Missionary to College Students

Coconut Flan

9 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I love all of the "Anonymous" replies to the Duggar Family Blog post about Derick's comments.

You don't support/believe homosexuality and transgenderism, but not enough to put your name on it.

Assholes.

Chicken shit/s come to mind.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/12/2017 at 9:19 PM, sansan said:

Maybe now we know why he was not sitting with his brother-in-laws at the last wedding.  He will begin to understand how Josh feels now. No worries, I do not feel sorry for Josh.

Maybe they need a portable prayer closet arrangement for those who are out of favor ?   

Misbehaved?   Prayer closet row for you!   Back of the church where no one can see you!

2 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

I just replied to a poster who said Dericks constructional rights were being violated.

I hate when people's "constructional rights" are violated!   No houses, no office buildings for you!!  lol :my_biggrin:

5 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

Okay so maybe I'm just that lightheaded from chronic sinuses and Claritin D, but can someone help me understand his tweet?
Like, "ministry isn't about making Earth a better place to go to Hell from." - tweet.  Like wtf does that mean??

Is he saying we're all from Hell?
Is he saying he doesn't want to make Earth nice, because we're all going to Hell??
I'm so confused y'all ~ help me . . . :pb_lol:

^ sooooo I just found out this was my 300th post.  Brilliant :pb_rollseyes:

3 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

-snip-
I watched the interview that Tomi Lahren had with Jazz on her show, and Tomi was surprisingly respectlful. And Jazz pointed out , or maybe it was her mother, that there has NEVER been an indecent of violence by a transgender individual in a public restroom. That cannot be said I do not think, about heterosexual individuals, and for that reason I am watchful in large public places if the restroom is deserted when I enter. 

-snip

When it comes to transgender/bathroom regulations and laws, I really liked what Laverne Cox had to say about it" “When trans people can’t access public bathrooms we can’t go to school effectively, go to work effectively, access health-care facilities — it’s about us existing in public space,” she said. “And those who oppose trans people having access to the facilities consistent with how we identify know that all the things they claim don’t actually happen. It’s really about us not existing — about erasing trans people.”

People like the Duggars keep going on about the "safety" concerns, but really they are finding any which way they can to prevent trans people of being anywhere near them.  But like another quote I saw on the internet: "It's not about bathrooms when it comes to trans rights, just like it wasn't about public water faucets when it came to African-Americans."

Not that we don't all know this ~ I just wish they'd be honest with themselves, and stop hiding behind God.

3 hours ago, RubyRei said:

I feel like this has already been said but arrogant, selfish, holier than thou =/= mental illness and I think we should stop perpetuating the negative stereotype that awful people must have a mental illness instead of just being.... awful people. 

I do apologize if I managed to derail the thread.  I was hoping to be very careful in my post not to imply that toxic behavior = mental illness.  I'm certainly not trying to insist that his tweets alone mean he's mentally ill.  I just really think that between his instability/derailing, his instability to keep a job, his general behavior, his seemingly dismissive attitude towards Jill's fragile ego, and just a few more things, pulls up a few red flags.  It's very true though, that sometimes a duck is a just a duck.  Or an asshole just an asshole.

3 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

But this is what I don’t get; if the point of ministry is to save souls from hell rather than make earth a better place, what then is the point of have eleventy children for Jesus or obsessing over saving fertilized eggs from being aborted? If getting to heaven is more important than worrying about the present life and you also think Jesus is about to return any day now, there’s really no point wasting time having children who will more likely than not end up in hell. This was the response of the early Christians to their pagan interlocutors who accused them of being bad citizens.-snip-

I really enjoyed this article about Early Christians ~ https://www.uuworld.org/articles/early-christians-emphasized-paradise-not-crucifixion . . . it basically explains how the Early Christians (like from the time of Jesus, until early 1000's), were vastly different, from what we have going on today.  It was about bringing the Kingdom of God, to Earth.  But the Crusades had to go fuck everybody up, and the whole Black Plague thing.  So yeah.  

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Agreed. Many people overbuy/overbuild houses to keep up with the Joneses, but the Kellers have not. So what if it's a trailer/mobile home? Last time I checked, a person's house doesn't make a damn bit of difference about a person's amount of income or class (stereotypes notwithstanding).-snip-

I spent ten years in a rural area of South Carolina ~ like 98% of people had trailers.  It was honestly just a way of life, not an indication of how much money a family had . . . though I will say, in our case, we were poor :pb_lol:

To their credit - and this surprised me - Ellie and what's-her-name seem to have allowed a number of comments in support of TLC and challenging the bigots (a few saying how wrong it is to misgender Jazz or other transpeople, etc.) on the Duggar Family Blog posts about Derrick's tweets and TLC's statement.

As purveyors of the blog, they have a right to allow or disallow any comments they wish, but as of now, I see quite a few supportive of Jazz, telling Derrick he was dumb to bite the hand that feeds him and to get a job, etc. Perhaps those of you who don't see your comments included are simply seeing a result of a backlog that the women haven't had a chance to get to yet - ?

On 11/13/2017 at 12:08 PM, LacyMay said:

I've seen the Oh my gosh clutch the pearls posts about how terrible gender neutral washrooms 

If any of these pearl clutchers has ever been on an airplane, I hope they noted that ALL the bathrooms are gender neutral.  I have seen the same scenario on trains. 

Why the one-bathroom issue gets people riled is beyond me.

16 hours ago, LacyMay said:

Maybe. 

But In what capacity? If you're thinking something similar to what Smuggar was doing I just can't see it. 

I loathe Josh and liken him to the poop emoji. But he wasn't awful in front of the camera, he was decently spoken and smarmy enough to make it work. He had some charisma. (This is really hard to try and word. Essentially trying to make clear how awful Josh is/was while trying to explain that I didn't think he was terrible at his job)

Derrick doesn't have that going for him, he's not especially well spoken, average in front of a camera and doesn't have the name recognition. 

I could see him working for something like FRC behind the scenes but not in any type of spokesperson capacity. 

Oh, I wasn't thinking Derick would be GOOD at that sort of "family values" job when I wrote my earlier post. But the idea of getting paid to spew his views would probably appeal to him. It might not even feel like real work, since this is what he does in his off-hours anyhow. But the "family values" organizations would make him clean himself up and put on a suit and tie, even if he's just working behind the scenes. I don't think he'd like that part. Say what you will about the professional phobes, but they tend to be well-groomed. 

53 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

If any of these pearl clutchers has ever been on an airplane, I hope they noted that ALL the bathrooms are gender neutral.  I have seen the same scenario on trains. 

Why the one-bathroom issue gets people riled is beyond me.

*whispers* because it's not really about bathrooms . . . Just making life difficult for anybody living their truth ~

I was also going to mention Ally McBeal, a show from the late 90s.... I am pretty sure they had a unisex multi-stalled bathroom in their office.... am I thinking of the right show?

9 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I was also going to mention Ally McBeal, a show from the late 90s.... I am pretty sure they had a unisex multi-stalled bathroom in their office.... am I thinking of the right show?

Sneaking suspicion here that Ally McBeal wasn't exactly must-see TV for most fundiegelicals.  And wasn't that bathroom widely derided for its unrealistic-ness back at the time?  

That said, this bizarre bathroom obsession really shows how provincial these people are.  If they lived in a city, where real estate is at a premium, unisex bathrooms (usually single-stall) are ubiquitous.  Multi-stall unisex bathrooms aren't unknown, either.  They've got one at Smith on Church Street in Toronto (trendy hipster restaurant in the Village).  I went to a restaurant in London with one, too, though I can't recall the name.  

24 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

YES Totally Bill and Ally shipper all the way 

I recently was at the Metropolitan Museum with my husband.  There was an all gender restroom in the American Wing.  Each stall was completely enclosed, and my husband washed his hands along with women.  Nothing sexual about it, none of the mostly older women there seemed to be uncomfortable.

2 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

To their credit - and this surprised me - Ellie and what's-her-name seem to have allowed a number of comments in support of TLC and challenging the bigots (a few saying how wrong it is to misgender Jazz or other transpeople, etc.) on the Duggar Family Blog posts about Derrick's tweets and TLC's statement.

As purveyors of the blog, they have a right to allow or disallow any comments they wish, but as of now, I see quite a few supportive of Jazz, telling Derrick he was dumb to bite the hand that feeds him and to get a job, etc. Perhaps those of you who don't see your comments included are simply seeing a result of a backlog that the women haven't had a chance to get to yet - ?

She has honestly done a good job over the time I've reviewed her blog showing a lot of comments that aren't her viewpoint.  At one point she posted her husband's painting up for sale and got a bunch of mean comments that she allowed through.  People scolding her for the price, critiquing it, etc.  I sure don't see eye to eye with her on eveything but I admired that much.  

4 hours ago, Drala said:

SInce I don't know anything about Greg Matte, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  I'd like to know more about the context of his statement.  I was more struck by how Derick retweeted a quote that seems to justify his narrow, utilitarian view of ministry.

Not sure, I don't see the quote on Gregg's twitter feed so it may have come from a sermon.  

I will share this article about how he protested the use of bathroom bills in Texas to persecute LGBT people.  https://baptistnews.com/article/progressive-clergy-oppose-bathroom-bills-texas/#.WguafWhSzIU

Wonder if Derek knows that....

1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

Sneaking suspicion here that Ally McBeal wasn't exactly must-see TV for most fundiegelicals.  And wasn't that bathroom widely derided for its unrealistic-ness back at the time?

Everytime “Ally McBeal” comes up I think of “Single Female Lawyer” from Futurama:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/4r73fi/futurama-single-female-lawyer

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Aliens_Attack

The comments of some of the leg humpers on Lily and Ellie's blog are ridiculous...just as bad as Derick smh...

When you use your first amendment rights to spout hatred, in my honest opinion you have violated someone else's right to the first amendment and there are consequences for that.

Congratulations Derick. You're officially only one tiny step above Josh.

I don't understand what's so confusing for Derick's (bewildering) fandom. Derick was an employee of TLC. TLC can condition his employment on not bashing the network or its other stars. That would be like Taco Bell having an employee who tells all the customers how the cheesy gordita crunch is a repulsive abomination that should be purged from the menu. Obviously, Taco bell could terminate the employee. It's not rocket science.

And the 1st Amendment only protects citizens from the government's suppression of free speech. Not from private consequences. Oh lordy lordy. :pb_rollseyes:

1 hour ago, bananabread said:

I don't understand what's so confusing for Derick's (bewildering) fandom. Derick was an employee of TLC. TLC can condition his employment on not bashing the network or its other stars. That would be like Taco Bell having an employee who tells all the customers how the cheesy gordita crunch is a repulsive abomination that should be purged from the menu. Obviously, Taco bell could terminate the employee. It's not rocket science.

And the 1st Amendment only protects citizens from the government's suppression of free speech. Not from private consequences. Oh lordy lordy. :pb_rollseyes:

Or if the employee went around bullying his coworkers, certainly it’s a fireable offense.

The "bathroom bills" make me INSANE! I mean, I go to the bathroom, the person in the stall next to me is doing their thing. Do I give a shit what kind of genitals they have? No! I might care that they flush and wash though...

To the best of my knowledge, there has never been an incident of a transgendered person committing any sort of violence against another person in a restroom...however there have been incidents of the "hetero/cis" types committing violence against a transgendered person. 

Me...I don't care. Like I've said before...the One I follow said to "love one another as I have loved you"...there weren't any disclaimers there. I mean, if I'm not going to want to hang out with you, it's probably because of a personality clash (as in I know I'm fkn weird and usually make other people uncomfortable because I'm fkn weird)

And, even if I don't get along with you, I care about you anyway (unless you're my neighbors whom I wish would all fall off the earth and die horrible deaths). 

On topic..D-wreck has issues. He's kinda like the obnoxious kid in class who'll say damn near anything to get attention. 

3 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Everytime “Ally McBeal” comes up I think of “Single Female Lawyer” from Futurama:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/4r73fi/futurama-single-female-lawyer

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Aliens_Attack

Just imagine in a thousand years from now when the Omicron's favourite TV show character isn't on.

"We demand the one you call, Duggar!"

"Surely you know Jana. She is an unmarried human female struggling to succeed in a human male's world."

"Single female Duggar

Fighting for her own room,

Wearing unsexy denim maxi skirts,

And being Jim Bob reliant. "

There are several examples of trans women committing violence or sexual crimes against other women in public bathrooms. It's not really a surprise when you think of how many people there are just in the US and how in any group there are going to be awful people, so I wouldn't take it as an indictment against trans people, but the fact is that such incidents have happened so people really need to stop using the "it has never happened" line. It just makes it easier for transphobic people to use those cases against trans people.

On 11/10/2017 at 8:28 PM, JenniferJuniper said:

These people are silly stupid.  

This made me chortle, REALLY loud. I’ma use it at every opportunity!

So, thank you, much.

10 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I hate when people's "constructional rights" are violated!   No houses, no office buildings for you!!  lol :my_biggrin:

No more TLC paycheck for Derick :crashh:

15 hours ago, Drala said:

I take it to mean the  hereafter is more important than the here and now, as "hell" exists in  the eternal hereafter and is a place people who aren't' "saved" are doomed to go when they die. It's more important to get people "saved"-- get them to believe and profess Jesus Christ is the son of God--than it is to feed the hungry or care for the poor.  The main reason for feeding the hungry is so they can be lead to believe correctly that Jesus is the God who will save them from eternal damnation.  

This is, imo, a corruption of what Jesus actually taught about the Kingdom of God, which is not to be strictly understood as life after death, but as what Jesus' disciples are manifesting here and now on earth when they feed the hungry, clothe the naked, heal the sick, protect orphans, etc.  The motivation for caring for the poor and disadvantaged is not to prime the pump to create converts, but because that's how enlightened ('born again') people live.      

To add on to this, I also take away the following from Derick's Dickhead's use of the quote:

"ministry isn't about making Earth a better place to go to Hell from."

I think he's taking this to mean that by accepting 'sinners' (aka LGBTQIA, women who have abortions/use contraception + those in favor of it, people who believe in science and/or secular education, people who have pre-marital/extra-marital sex ((Joshley, anyone?)), I could keep going here but you guys get the point) or making Earth a better place for them, those participating in ministry would be aiding and abetting them in securing their place in Hell. So, in this view, ministry is more about making people avoid Hell by forcing them to live a very narrow vision of 'Christianity' than it is to provide comfort or help or good will or any of the things that, as far as I can surmise as a horned Jew beast and queer heathen woman, Jesus actually preached about. I don't know the context of the quote as it was originally used, but considering all of Dickface's public statements I would not be surprised in the least if that is how he interprets it, or even if that was how it was originally meant by Matte. 

12 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

I love all of the "Anonymous" replies to the Duggar Family Blog post about Derick's comments.

You don't support/believe homosexuality and transgenderism, but not enough to put your name on it.

Assholes.

After a little thought, let me rephrase my earlier comment about being transgender/gay not being a choice: saying that you don't "support" or "believe in" homosexuality or being transgender is like saying that you don't "support" or "believe in" having blue eyes. That's what this comes down to.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived