IGNORED

Dillards 44: Still Pretending to Missionary to College Students

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

People over at Pickles. They admitted it.

Were they Pickle Pre-Approved? :pickle:

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

That would be the always perky Famy.  AKA, Amy Duggar, Amy Jordyn, and now Amy King (I think that is her married name).  She was a nanny who wanted to become a country singer but has dwindled into marriage.  The Duggars claimed not to approve of Amy's choices but "loved her anyway".  Famy is still around, but seems not to be very popular with the Duggars in recent years.  She and her husband have been responsible for a few criticisms and (allegedly) quite a few leaks.

Yes, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were graded on their fundraising endeavors!  Derick's pay check from TLC and the bad PR probably earned him an F. ;)

There was speculation of a falling out in recent years, but Amy has stated that they simply asked most people (including her) not to share much about them online anymore - this was sometime after the first Josh scandal. She still sees her Uncle and his family though. Amy was at both weddings this year, attended the Baby Sprinkle for Jill prior to Samuel’s Birth, and just went on a girls’ trip to Nashville with her Mom, Grandma Mary, and Aunt Michelle. She missed Jinger’s wedding, but that was because she and Dillon had a trip to Vegas planned for a while - it was for a convention related to his business. Sucks they missed it, but that happens sometimes when you have a shorter engagement and a big family.

Amy has recently been working as an Associate Buyer for her favorite boutique, I think she still does that seasonal pop up shop at the mall, and she appears to still be selling stuff via her website. She’s still Famy, but she does seem to at least be working as well.

ETA: And yes, her name is Amy King now. Here’s her Instagram for anyone curious:

http://instagram.com/amyrachelleking

14 minutes ago, cascarones said:

Hmmm, not necessarily. They could have donated, sent a message asking for clarification on what the funds were going to be used for, etc and then contacted GoFundMe to rescind their donation.

To note I'm gathering Dertick only provides an account of funds allocation after people donate? I

I don’t think that Jill has a heart for missions at all. I think she has a heart for taking a two week vacation to an exotic location. If she happens to mention Jesus once or twice and hands out a soccer ball than  good. Derik’s heart for missions is satisfying his wanderlust and achieving his desire to live off the grid. They have no idea what true missionaries who actually make positive impacts actually do. They are not building sustainable houses, installing water purification systems, or helping communities gain access to technology. They are not being trained to administer vaccines and provide basic medical care. They do not have a heart for doing anything worthwhile. 

The residents of the countries that they would visit don’t need to see a skit about the Christmas story they need access to clean water. They don’t need Bible tracts they need sustainable and reliable food sources and reliable shelter. Jill and Derick aren’t providing anybody with anything they actually need and they don’t care to learn about what is actually needed. They are just doing what those annoying street preachers do just in a different location. 

12 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

I don’t think that Jill has a heart for missions at all. I think she has a heart for taking a two week vacation to an exotic location. If she happens to mention Jesus once or twice and hands out a soccer ball than  good. Derik’s heart for missions is satisfying his wanderlust and achieving his desire to live off the grid. They have no idea what true missionaries who actually make positive impacts actually do. They are not building sustainable houses, installing water purification systems, or helping communities gain access to technology. They are not being trained to administer vaccines and provide basic medical care. They do not have a heart for doing anything worthwhile. 

The residents of the countries that they would visit don’t need to see a skit about the Christmas story they need access to clean water. They don’t need Bible tracts they need sustainable and reliable food sources and reliable shelter. Jill and Derick aren’t providing anybody with anything they actually need and they don’t care to learn about what is actually needed. They are just doing what those annoying street preachers do just in a different location. 

I tend to agree. And in the chance that we are wrong and they are doing all those useful, needed and productive things in the communities they visit, why aren't those endeavors and accomplishments being shown? I know the show is called Counting On..., but there has to been something more to it than weddings and babies shown in a haphazard order.

TLC, if the show is to continue and you want people to watch, move on from the weddings and babies. 

Derick strikes me as the typical person who bounces from job to job because they are bored, hate the 9-5 routine of every day, etc. Except he doesn't even bounce from job to job but from mission to mission. I doubt that you'd ever see him move somewhere and take up a very long-term or even permanent mission post. He likes new adventures in short bursts. Whoever said that he was doing this partly to escape the mundane nature of his married life is probably right. The fact he was able to find a program that will send him off without the wife and children is like the cherry on top. 

He wasn't good marriage material for Jill but hindsight is 20/20. He'll just become another Steve Anderson who is constantly away "soul winning" or some such while his wife takes care of a herd of children. 

I don't say this lightly, and this is *pure speculation* so obviously take it with a grain of salt . . . but I truly think Derick is dealing with some mental health issues (as well as having gone full blown zealot, and having a rough case of wanderlust, and chronic physical health issues).  Mental health issues are still quite a taboo subject among our society, and worse, Derick is surrounded by people who believe that A.) if you love Jesus, there's no reason to be depressed, and B.) if you are, you can pray it away.

I feel like his actions speak for themselves.  His inability to tow the party line/PR skills, the lack of understanding the blowback from pretty much everyone.  The clear decline of Jill's state of mind, and general outlook (when she's away from her family, vs. when she's near - which obviously speaks to how she was raised/ATI lifestyle) - so even though we could clearly see how miserable she was in CA, Derick is like, "Let's go back!1!!11"

I mean the guy is a douche, so I don't want to dismiss the real harm he's causing by his social media rants (or even downplay it, by suggesting he's mentally ill).  And really mental illness doesn't equal toxic behavior, just like toxic behavior, isn't always in relation to mental illness.  But I truly think there's something else going on with him, and unfortunately no one is going to help him, which is just sad.

40 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

Jill never had the choice to actually do practical Missionary work, though.  Her parents wouldn't let her do anything over than the Mission-cation type of thing, and told her they were doing good.  I don't know if the 2nd Gen have even met a useful missionary in a context where they could have a long conversation about what they do, so she could understand the difference.

Plenty of churches do the same - sending groups over to do something like paint a school, when the costs would be SO much better spent employing locals to do the same thing and using the rest of the cash to do practical projects.   It's really sad, but this kind of mission seems more common than something practical:

(And it's not limited to religious organisations either.  A friend went to Thailand with the Prince's Trust as part of a group "building a school", and the cash they had to raise could have been used in so many better ways, but my friend had a great holiday :-S)

40 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

They have no idea what true missionaries who actually make positive impacts actually do. They are not building sustainable houses, installing water purification systems, or helping communities gain access to technology. They are not being trained to administer vaccines and provide basic medical care. They do not have a heart for doing anything worthwhile. 

I very much agree. What is it that Jill and Derick are actually supposed to be doing for people? It reminds me a bit of the Maxwells and their Christmas shoebox obsession. It amounts to nothing real.  

I saw a show recently about a ship full of volunteer doctors, nurses, and others that docks in Africa several times a year and provides free healthcare, dental care and surgeries to the local community. The ship becomes a fully functioning hospital once they dock and many people are needed round the clock to keep the hospital functioning including maintenance workers, divers who maintain the boat, support staff of all kinds, etc. These people are heroes. Jill and Derick are not these people. 

I am so tired of his fans saying that Dericks 1st admendent rights are being violated. 1st admendant rights gives citizens the right to criticize the government without fear of persecution.

Further more, the Equal Employment Opportunity Comission has ruled that discrimination against trans employees is sexual discrimination. Both the Duggars and Jazz are employees of TLC. I wonder if this ruling is part of TLCs decision to cut ties with Derick.

18 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I've been scrolling through pages of this thread wondering where the heck people were getting the idea that Derick was:

• in disgrace with the Duggars,
  • in danger of Jill divorcing him,
  • about to desert Jill in AR and take off for Nepal.

I think at best we could assume that Jim Bob might be annoyed, given that he he's demonstrated repeatedly that he's overwhelmingly greedy and cheap.  

I can't imagine why anyone thinks that Derick's leaving was the result of some massive soap-opera-like power struggle behind the scenes, or there's a family breakdown looming.  That doesn't even make sense based on what we know so far.  

Practically, nothing has changed.  It's all a thinly disguised PR move.  TLC has plausible deniability about Derick's juvenile and unpredictable behaviour, and Derick gets to keep tweeting and begging.  Derick's family still gets supported by Jill's pay.  

1 hour ago, Knight of Ni said:

Derwick posted the following quote from Gregg Matte (whoever he is) not too long ago on twitter.  It says everything about how he conceptualizes living the gospel and  the proper role of missionaries.  The church is there to "'help" with material needs, but not to substantially transform human habitation of the planet.  I'm compelled to snark about such piss-poor kingdom theology that essentially says, "if you believe right, there's pie in the sky when  you die -- and a piece or two on earth to whet your appetite while you're waiting  to feast at that great desert tray in the hereafter."      

image.png.084f7b764aec75957343c3c24ff3649c.png

I personally think that TLC just used an opportunity to get rid of unlikable cast member and potential scandal in making. They don't care about Jazz as they don't care about any kid on their shows. But the tweets gave them a chance to cut ties now and not to worry about making a sellable storyline out of Derick's life. 

/Speculation, of course, minus the part about TLC not giving shit about the well-being of kids on their shows. That's pretty much a fact at this point.

I don't think dWRECK is showing many signs of mental illness, he is however showing multiple signs of twat. 

7 minutes ago, Drala said:

Derwick posted the following quote from Gregg Matte (whoever he is) not too long ago on twitter.  It says everything about how he conceptualizes living the gospel and  the proper role of missionaries.  The church is there to "'help" with material needs, but not to substantially transform human habitation of the planet.  I'm compelled to snark about such piss-poor kingdom theology that essentially says, "if you believe right, there's pie in the sky when  you die -- and a piece or two on earth to whet your appetite while you're waiting  to feast at that great desert tray in the hereafter."      

Okay so maybe I'm just that lightheaded from chronic sinuses and Claritin D, but can someone help me understand his tweet?
Like, "ministry isn't about making Earth a better place to go to Hell from." - tweet.  Like wtf does that mean??

Is he saying we're all from Hell?
Is he saying he doesn't want to make Earth nice, because we're all going to Hell??
I'm so confused y'all ~ help me . . . :pb_lol:

10 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

Like, "ministry isn't about making Earth a better place to go to Hell from." - tweet.  Like wtf does that mean??

I *think* it means that ministering to others is only about "saving their souls" by telling them to believe in Jesus and not about helping with humanitarian aid. That being "saved" so you don't go to hell is what really matters and not doing good works here on Earth. I could be completely wrong but it's my guess. 

I take it to mean the  hereafter is more important than the here and now, as "hell" exists in  the eternal hereafter and is a place people who aren't' "saved" are doomed to go when they die. It's more important to get people "saved"-- get them to believe and profess Jesus Christ is the son of God--than it is to feed the hungry or care for the poor.  The main reason for feeding the hungry is so they can be lead to believe correctly that Jesus is the God who will save them from eternal damnation.  

This is, imo, a corruption of what Jesus actually taught about the Kingdom of God, which is not to be strictly understood as life after death, but as what Jesus' disciples are manifesting here and now on earth when they feed the hungry, clothe the naked, heal the sick, protect orphans, etc.  The motivation for caring for the poor and disadvantaged is not to prime the pump to create converts, but because that's how enlightened ('born again') people live.      

The entire plotline of mother!  is essentially dWRECK in a nutshell. Not caring about the Earth? Seriously? 

31 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

"ministry isn't about making Earth a better place to go to Hell from."

As always, the subtext is:  send more of your hard-earned wages to Derick "M is for Money" Dillard.

On 06/11/2017 at 11:19 AM, HarryPotterFan said:

<Snip>

If Jenelle Evans of Teen Mom 2 fame can get her medical assistants degree, anyone can. That said, she's not using it and I don't know if she even tried. I can't imagine a doctor's office or hospital hiring someone with a long rap sheet and history of drug abuse...

She never even passed her exam last I heard. (I've been hanging out too much on the Teen Mom Reddit lol) But even if she had passed her exam no one would hire her with her rap sheet.

1 hour ago, AlwaysExcited said:

I personally think that TLC just used an opportunity to get rid of unlikable cast member and potential scandal in making. They don't care about Jazz as they don't care about any kid on their shows. But the tweets gave them a chance to cut ties now and not to worry about making a sellable storyline out of Derick's life. 

Agree.  And I suspect Pistol Pete was a raging pain in the ass to deal with during story line planning and filming.

DWreck is full of hate ....and self righteousness. Anyone with a moral conscience should know that even if you do not accept and support the LGBT community, you should not work against them. Keep your opinions to yourself and treat all human beings with respect. 

I watched the interview that Tomi Lahren had with Jazz on her show, and Tomi was surprisingly respectlful. And Jazz pointed out , or maybe it was her mother, that there has NEVER been an indecent of violence by a transgender individual in a public restroom. That cannot be said I do not think, about heterosexual individuals, and for that reason I am watchful in large public places if the restroom is deserted when I enter. 

People do not have to agree with everyone, but they SHOULD be respectful and not harmful. And not scream about people they disagree with on twitter when it involves a group of people you simply do not agree with who are not breaking laws or causing harm.

DWrteck is a whack job. A nutty buddy. 

1 minute ago, Free Them All said:

I believe all of these white privileged males who want to be preachers/missionaries are mentally ill.  

I think they are in many cases awash with self righteousness. 

2 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I very much agree. What is it that Jill and Derick are actually supposed to be doing for people? It reminds me a bit of the Maxwells and their Christmas shoebox obsession. It amounts to nothing real.  

I saw a show recently about a ship full of volunteer doctors, nurses, and others that docks in Africa several times a year and provides free healthcare, dental care and surgeries to the local community. The ship becomes a fully functioning hospital once they dock and many people are needed round the clock to keep the hospital functioning including maintenance workers, divers who maintain the boat, support staff of all kinds, etc. These people are heroes. Jill and Derick are not these people. 

Just to be perfectly honest, what do the Duggars, particularly the females, have to offer in the way of helpful or needed mission work? They are barely educated and have not really shown any useful skill that might be needed on the MF. In terms of Jill's mission experiences, what can a hoard of kids who can't not even communicate accomplish in a foreign country? JB and his photo ops + attempt to spread Gothardism, fail. 

JB sold his kids a false promise of what life in the world would be like if the kids bought on to his brand of believing and living. First Josh realized it was bogus, then Jill...

Unfortunately, those 2 have not done anything about getting themselves out of it.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived